Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "The Mittani" resigns, apologizes for being a supreme dick 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Mittani" resigns, apologizes for being a supreme dick  (Read 38838 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 05:46:06 PM

Mintchiplol?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 11:40:40 PM

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 02:27:49 AM

[23:56:08] DurrHurrDurr > Hello.
[23:56:12] DurrHurrDurr > Give me one momebnt.
[23:56:14] DurrHurrDurr > *moment.
[23:57:39] DurrHurrDurr > Did you get that?
[23:58:21] DurrHurrDurr > Check your alliance notifications.
[23:59:41] The Wis > Ok..
[00:00:05] DurrHurrDurr > TEST has declared war against your alliance.
[00:00:15] The Wis > ok. why?
[00:00:46] DurrHurrDurr > Hostilities will end when you undock a fully-fit battleship and self-destruct it on a station undock with TEST witnesses.
[00:01:43] DurrHurrDurr > You can check TEST's alliance description; I am a diplomat and authorized to make this offer.
[00:01:48] The Wis > And can I ask why this wardec
[00:02:11] DurrHurrDurr > You may not.
[00:03:04] DurrHurrDurr > Additionally
[00:03:15] DurrHurrDurr > The ship you self-destruct must be named "Bottle of Xanax"
[00:03:48] DurrHurrDurr > Have a good day.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 04:20:11 AM

That probably wouldn't have happened if Kestrel hadn't spammed literally every news outlet he could spam. Ohhhhh, I see.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 02:19:04 AM

It's a bit harsh that this guy is getting ganked and wardecced out of a misplaced sense of protectiveness towards Mittens. As far as I know his involvement has been:

- zoning out while mining in Eve after a divorce
- getting suicide ganked
- being invited to join a "protection" scheme and accepting
- getting suicide ganked again. A verbal Eve contract isn't worth the pixels it's written on.
- writing an emotional message
- zoning out mining for 6 months
- getting convoed by some stranger who wanted to know whether he was dead.
- having tons of suicide gankers turn up to kill him

It would be business as usual in Eve were it not for the message. The message really did look to me like it was from someone very depressed. Remember those times when we were kids and we were playfighting and some kid we were hitting started screaming "no no, you're really hurting please stop"? There's a point when the griefing should stop.

Anyway, it's now escalated, some dickhead published Mittani's IRL address on the web and someone else threatened to go round and rape his wife.

Mark my words, someone will be in jail by the time this is over.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 02:48:17 AM

The Mittani is George Zimmerman and Eve Online is primary school is what you're saying.

Drendan Brain edited out mittens' real name, "cyberbullying" and other incorrect statements in his Massively article today.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 02:49:26 AM

The Mittani is George Zimmerman and Eve Online is primary school is what you're saying.

Um, no.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 11:19:40 PM

There's a point when the griefing should stop.

If we were talking about things being done with civility, then griefing wouldn't even start.

However, this is online gaming, Mittani has a lot of enemies and a reputation that a lot of people want to deflate. So the griefing stops when the griefers get tired of it.

Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 08:56:00 AM

It's not entirely online, there's been policemen knocking on the door of the Mittani residence much to the annoyance of his wife.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:19 AM

Have the police been sent there by people griefing Mittani? He could also be receiving 3am pizzas soon.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:53 AM

Have the police been sent there by people griefing Mittani? He could also be receiving 3am pizzas soon.

The rumor is that the police showed up as a "suicide watch" from a call.  But no idea how near or far from the truth this is.  Am pretty sure the police showing up part is the truth from what I've read.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 09:27:02 AM

The police visit is, according to mittens, based in facts.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 11:29:28 AM

Always had a lot of respect for Mittens. The guy was intellegent and articulate. I'm sure he despised me, but I always liked him. If people are sending the police round to his door that's way beyond the pale. And I'm sure its the truth, he wouldnt lie about crap that involves his wife for internet points.

Hic sunt dracones.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 12:50:02 PM

I am lost.

Why are the police visiting him? Are people now griefing him by sending the police out to check on him as a possible suicide?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 02:28:52 PM

Correct.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 05:04:09 PM

This is far from the craziest real life shit done in service of an internet spaceship victory.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 08:12:07 AM

This is far from the craziest real life shit done in service of an internet spaceship victory.

Bro no one needs to hear about your sex life
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 09:52:17 AM

Sure, we don't need  to hear it, but it's a good way to pass the time.
schild
Administrator

Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:02 AM

I just listened to the Mittani speech.

Aren't these people aware CCP is like, done?

I have not and will not ever understand this space bullshit.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:04 AM

I have not and will not ever understand this space bullshit.

Your undying hatred for Eve is always entertaining though.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Mittani made a thread about cleaning up posting standards on goonfleet.com and this guy got pretty angry about it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 03:47:54 PM

So serious about space shit.

That community is the definition of "needing to apply that groupthink to something useful."
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 08:39:27 PM

Mittani made a thread about cleaning up posting standards on goonfleet.com and this guy got pretty angry about it.
Having managed to listen through 25 minutes worth of it, I don't think he was so much pissed about "posting standards" as about showing up for interminable POS-shooting ops and having the Goon FC's being dicks towards him and his.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:00 AM

That community is the definition of "needing to apply that groupthink to something useful."

I tried coming up with one thing that Broski can apply themselves to besides Eve and I feel stumped like a birth control salesman at a Star Trek convention.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 20, 2012, 11:58:26 AM

Having managed to listen through 25 minutes worth of it, I don't think he was so much pissed about "posting standards" as about showing up for interminable POS-shooting ops and having the Goon FC's being dicks towards him and his.

--Dave

The FCs aren't the problem. The noise is coming from the line membership and jabberati.

There is a pretty fine line between 'reset TEST' and 'kick BTLS'. Without any external threat CFC is getting closer to a civil war, which will inevitably be about posting and whose gang is the coolest. It's probably some way off yet, and the Animes to the east might well become an actual threat at some point, which would delay things further. But in eve, on a long enough time line, only two things are inevitable, drama, and losing your space.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 01:52:56 PM

No it isn't. I don't want anyone who plays Eve seriously to do anything in real life ever nor should any other sane human being. It's bad enough they do it in Eve.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 03:30:22 PM

This is on the login screen every sees when they login to the game:

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 09:57:36 PM

This is on the login screen every sees when they login to the game:

Might have something to do with this:
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/eve-online/1223912p1.html

Seems like the Goons willi try to make Jita not so safe anymore.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 28, 2012, 07:49:53 AM

Hey, that EVE-related promotion displayed twice!!!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 28, 2012, 08:12:24 AM

The effect of this will be UTTERLY SHATTERING TO THE ENTIRE ECONOMY OF EVE!!!... as people head to Rens, Amarr or Oruse to do their shopping instead.

Ohhhhh, I see.

I can honestly count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times I've been to Jita. Anyone with any sense sold their stuff in the systems surounding it or went to one of the other market hubs.

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 08:30:46 AM

The effect of this will be UTTERLY SHATTERING TO THE ENTIRE ECONOMY OF EVE!!!... as people head to Rens, Amarr or Oruse to do their shopping instead.
Nope, they won't.

I can honestly count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times I've been to Jita. Anyone with any sense sold their stuff in the systems surounding it or went to one of the other market hubs.
You're underestimating just how lazy people are. "Will I have to jump around a bit to pick up the modules I need? :effort: I'll just go to jita."

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 08:47:59 AM

Uh, in a lot of cases those market hubs are closer in jumping terms than Jita. People go to Jita becasue everyone goes to Jita, and they might find things cheaper there. And for whatever reason Caldari space has a lot of Mission hubs. I went everywhere else becasue the slightly extra expense was worth the lack of aggrivation.

Dont get me wrong, you are ginna blow up a lot of ships... for a day or 2. But after that people will have simply moved to the other hubs and Jita will be a ghost town.

At which people people like me will be zipping in and out buying shit in cloaking Blockade Runners in super lag free conditions  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:50:24 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 28, 2012, 09:51:43 AM

Dont get me wrong, you are ginna blow up a lot of ships... for a day or 2. But after that people will have simply moved to the other hubs and Jita will be a ghost town.

Facepalm I thought you had played Eve?

If Goons sat in Jita for a month (they won't or course) they'd still be killing people with billions in hold who are chatting away in Jita local saying nothing of relevance has happened yet.  Never underestimate how stupid and lazy your average person is.  This has been all over the forums and in game and in local chat for easily a month beforehand and it's only Saturday morning US time.  Jita has been down to almost 10% time dialation a few times (30 minutes + to warp in a freighter and get to station) and has been full many times preventing people from even getting into system.

http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=143&scl_id=20 (18 dead freighters)
http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=143&scl_id=40 (9 dead T3 ships)
http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=143&scl_id=7 (50+ industrials)
http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=143&scl_id=2 (Probably 100s of pods)

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:52 AM

Only 18 frieghters? Only 50 indistrials? Ohhhhh, I see. I'd have seen those numbers flying through Jita inside half an hour the few times I was there.

Look, TGR said people go to Jita becasue its closer. In a lot of cases, its not. But people go there anyway becasue of inertia, and becasue commercial BOTS are set to go to Jita. People that go to Jita do so not becasue of laziness but becasue its never occured to them to go anywhere else.

Everyone thats actually at the keyboard will have been talking to other people about where else to go buy stuff and will be diverting in increasing numbers elsewhere. It's also in goon culture to be totally Jita centric, and no-one ever talked about the other hubs for whatever reason.

Fact is that this Jita thing is great PR but will not effect the eve economy in the grand scale. And I'm not bieng anti-goon by saying that.

If I was playing now I'd be watching the numbers in the other hubs to see how the numbers are rising as thats the kind of thing that interests me.

Hic sunt dracones.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 28, 2012, 10:43:24 AM

Yup, this is almost enough to get me to resubscribe for a month or two.  Prices and market activity in the hub I normally sold in must be going through the roof.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "The Mittani" resigns, apologizes for being a supreme dick  
Jump to: