Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  (Read 69910 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: March 05, 2012, 09:25:30 AM

There's a trailer floating around now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAoHhV2dt8&noredirect=1

Figured this could use its own topic. I am very pleased with this, other than the potential button real estate issues that legacy powers imply.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:51:28 AM

Looks great.  Maybe some balancing concerns with the legacy abilities in addition to being out of buttons already.  Also, they're not messing around with just the "side" races for legacy unlocks.  Chiss Smugglers and Pureblood Jedi, love it.

Hopefully there's good stuff on the lower end of the level range.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:17 AM

Can we get a text summary, please?  I don't want to have to wait seven hours to watch this.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:49 AM

Can we get a text summary, please?  I don't want to have to wait seven hours to watch this.

In short: Miracle patch.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 10:19:41 AM

That patch is looking pretty damn awesome.   awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:20:26 AM

Oh, holy shit.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:56 AM

Best I could scrounge up....

Game update 1.2: Legacy Video

New Warzone: Novare Coast (planet Denova)

New Operation: Explosive Conflict (planet Denova)

New Flashpoint: The Lost island

Expanded Legacy system: New legacy abilities, new races unlocked race 1 race 2

Advanced UI customization: the dev team put in a lot of hrs into this.

Improved character textures

Appearance customization

Adding useable to the mission tracker so you don’t have to find them in your inventory

Warzone rankings (group and solo performance) and new ranked pvp gear tiers

In –game events: limited time events, created by a dedicated team to make the SWTOR universe more dynamic. Can’t give out a lot of details right now – want to be more of a surprise.

New Corellia Daily missions

New mini-pets

Guild banks: This is something guilds have being asking for since launch – shared bank for guild members to use. Can unlock upto 7 tabs for guild use but it will be very expensive to unlock it all.

New gear republic empire

New vehicles

Extractable tier 2 mods

New lightsaber colors

Ship droids gain affection

New crafting schematic

Craftable augments

Legacy item drops

New roleplay emotes
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:22:52 AM

Because I care THAT MUCH:

First section is new instances/BGs:

- New warzone with a little bit of footage (Novare Coast)
- New Op with a little bit of footage (Explosive Conflict). Fight an AT-ST looking thing.
- New Flashpoint with a little bit of footage (The Lost Island), seems to be continuing the rakghoul story from 1.1

Second section is Legacy stuff:

- Legacy family tree interface shown briefly, appear to be 5ish different relationships you can set?
- Legacy abilities - shows a Sith Warrior using flamethrower, and a Smuggler using force choke (not on Corso despite the fact that he's standing right there)
- Legacy unlocks - shows a mailbox in someone's ship, and what appears to be a training dummy
- Legacy species unlocks - shows what appears to be a pureblood Sith Jedi Knight, and a Chiss smuggler

Third section is "Advanced Options":

- Shows the UI customization interface, it appears to be much like the way you move around elements in LotRO
- Improved character textures - shows a side by side of old textures and new textures, it is hard to tell much because the trailer I found so far is not high res itself
- Appearance customization - shows the interface for the color matching, looks pretty straightforward, shows a trooper making everything orange
- Mission tracker usables - like in WoW, you don't have to go into your inventory page to click mission items anymore

Fourth section is "Additional Features":

- Warzone ranking (shows that you can queue for ranked or regular)
- Dailies being added on Corellia
- New Mini Pets (shows what seems to be a baby tauntaun)
- Guild Banks (shows... a guild bank, and what looks like an interface to decide what types of items are allowed on pages possibly)
- New Gear (shows some new outfits, including what appears to be an inquisitor wearing pants)

Then a bunch of other short text things flashes on the screen:

- New vehicles
- Craftable augments
- New crafting schematics
- extractable Tier 2 mods
- new lightsaber colors
- ship droids gain affection
- legacy item drops
- new roleplay emotes

AND CUT TO LOGO.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:28 AM

From this article.

Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight, a nerf for the Bounty Hunter, and more. Every class will receive changes, and all skill tree points refunded so you can look over the trees again before deciding how to rebuild your class. "Some players will be excited, some might not. That's always the case when there's tweaks to classes."

YAY!  Melee love is also badly needed.

I'm interested in seeing the details pertaining to the legacy system before I get too excited.  I wonder what Legacy level 30 will get me? 

Can I be a cynic and hope that they fix the bugs in the existing elements too?  Foundry and False Emperor Hard modes bugged on us again last night.  Not fun. 

I am happy to see appearance stuff, UI customization, the ability to queue for a specific warzone, a new warzone/Hard mode, and class tweaks.  It may keep me around... I was losing hope now that guildies have mass migrated to ME3. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:33:49 AM

Oh god, the last thing I need is new abilities.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:34:43 AM

Oh god, the last thing I need is new abilities.

I want two more bottom-center hotbars.  That would make me giddy.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:54 AM

Nebu's article has some clarifications on Legacy stuff, worth reading:

- Race unlocks are either by paying with in-game currency, or by hitting 50 with a given race.
- The legacy extra powers are tied to your moment of glory ability (the one that requires a companion out) so you can't use them in warzones, etc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:39:41 AM by Ingmar »

Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:40:26 AM

I'm liking that patch a lot and echo the sentiment that there better be a section listed with fixes to known bugs.  We didn't get half our loot on a hard mode kill this weekend because it was on master looter.  16 very unhappy people and 10 closed tickets (working as intended, piss off!) /grumble

Fake edit:  Who crafts the augements?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:47:10 AM by Raknor »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:52:03 AM

Legacy abilities - shows a Sith Warrior using flamethrower, and a Smuggler using force choke (not on Corso despite the fact that he's standing right there)

Being able to roll a Sith Pureblood Smuggler will fix this.   I routinely use the "Punish" racial on my minions and it hasn't lost it's amusement value yet.  Sure, I unlocked Vettes' shock collar but I can still smack a twilek.

ed: Oh, also the texture thing is obvious if you look at the helms.  The dull grey smudge on the left turns into some nice paint chipping on the right.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 10:53:03 AM

The only thing I didn't like from that article is the switch to same faction Voidstar matches.  I really liked the way they had framed the warzones in the context of the Empire/Republic conflict but now we're going to have Republic fighting Republic on Voidstar (and eventually Alderaan, too).  That just makes no sense and breaks my precious immersion!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 10:54:15 AM

What would be kind of cool is if they just made whoever you were fighting against look like their faction mirrors to you. That might be technically unfeasible I guess.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:21 AM

I like how the "unlock your race for use with other classes" option does absolutely nothing for a level 50 Human and next to nothing for a level 50 Zabrak.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:23 AM

- Legacy abilities - shows a Sith Warrior using flamethrower, and a Smuggler using force choke (not on Corso despite the fact that he's standing right there)

I love you.  Heart

Also I will seriously do ANYTHING THEY ASK OF ME to get that baby tauntaun pet.

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:34 AM

I wonder what Legacy level 30 will get me?  
Jesus, dude. I thought I was doing pretty good at legacy 10.
.  That just makes no sense and breaks my precious immersion!  Ohhhhh, I see.
The idea of a Sith pureblood JK probably makes Daniel Erikson's head explode.

It's a wedding present after you marry Corso Riggs.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 11:38:49 AM

It's a wedding present after you marry Corso Riggs.

I'LL DO IT

THAT is how badly I want that fucking thing. SO CUTE. I can just arrange for Corso to have a little accident after the wedding. I bet Guss knows a guy.

EDIT: Also I am getting pretty close to Legacy 30 myself. Nebu and I have problems.  why so serious?

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 11:49:27 AM

The game still needs a LFD feature.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:06 AM

That just makes no sense and breaks my precious immersion!  Ohhhhh, I see.
The idea of a Sith pureblood JK probably makes Daniel Erikson's head explode.

While I'd have been against it if they'd bothered to ask me ( why so serious? ), I can deal with a Pureblood JK.  I could even appreciate the humor if someone made one and named him Drizzt.  Individuals who go against the nature of their race is a staple of sci fi/fantasy.

What I can't wrap my head around is the rational behind Rep vs Rep Voidstars and Alderaans.  It almost makes sense for hot Imp on Imp action since everyone always talks about how the Empire always ends up fighting itself, but what's the excuse on the Republic side?

Over and out.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:21 PM

Separatists.  It's always separatists! 
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:34 PM

I still want a baby Bantha pet. Blizz could ride on it.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 12:08:41 PM

Separatists.  It's always separatists! 

Reading Outbound Flight right now and the Neimoidian vicelord keeps making me chuckle because I hear the voice they used in the prequels when he speaks.

Thrawn is voiced by the IA's VA in my head.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 12:24:32 PM

I still want a baby Bantha pet. Blizz could ride on it.  why so serious?

That would ALSO be adorable, and I would marry Corso for one of those TOO.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 12:25:14 PM

I like how the "unlock your race for use with other classes" option does absolutely nothing for a level 50 Human and next to nothing for a level 50 Zabrak.

Well, it's not like the game forced you to roll a boring human  awesome, for real

Patch sounds awesome. In particular the UI customization, color matching, and high res textures will all be very welcome. Release this patch right after I finish ME3, okay Bioware?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:29 PM

Hell, release it before I'm done with ME3, and do a hotfix of whatever isn't working quite right before I'm done with ME3!  why so serious?

(Haha, just kidding, I will be done with ME3 by Friday, probably.)

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:51 PM

The game still needs a LFD feature.

I have to agree with Draegan.  As awesome as this kitchen sink patch sounds, and it is, this feature is pretty much where I have the line drawn between TOR and WoW.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:19 PM

Hell, release it before I'm done with ME3, and do a hotfix of whatever isn't working quite right before I'm done with ME3!  why so serious?

(Haha, just kidding, I will be done with ME3 by Friday, probably.)

Friday? Doubting yourself this early?

beer geek.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 12:32:51 PM

By "done" I mean "did a run through on MANSHEP and LadyShep."

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:44 PM

Maybe we could save some space by simply working out who you won't marry for a tauntaun.   awesome, for real
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 12:57:47 PM

I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone she wouldn't marry for a tauntaun.  Including C2, General Garza and the Emperor.  why so serious?

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 12:59:41 PM

Maybe we could save some space by simply working out who you won't marry for a tauntaun.   awesome, for real

Corso is akin to "last man on Earth."

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 01:00:09 PM

Corso is akin to "last man on Earth."

Not to everyone!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=103602

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  
Jump to: