Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:45:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  (Read 70864 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:03 PM

Maybe we could save some space by simply working out who you won't marry for a tauntaun.   awesome, for real

Corso is akin to "last man on Earth."

As they say: This.

I fucking hate Corso Riggs so fucking much.

God Save the Horn Players
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:32 PM

Despite his flaws, "now you're dumb, ugly, AND dead" still makes me smirk.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:24 PM

Despite his flaws, "now you're dumb, ugly, AND dead" still makes me smirk.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Indeed.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:39 PM

hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss

If my gunslinger wasn't capped on her armstech, I'd consider rerolling her just to remind myself wtf was going on in her ~ROMANCE~ with Corso (she's paused while I wait for Ingmar's trooper to catch up to her, because I fucking SUCK at soloing on a gunslinger). I'm sure it was nothing good.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:10 PM

I like how the "unlock your race for use with other classes" option does absolutely nothing for a level 50 Human...

If you make it to 50 with a Human you will get a Presence buff and with Cyborgs you will unlock the other Cyborg character customization options.

Beating Chapter 2 with a class will give you a class specific emote and unlock their buff for other classes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:43:57 PM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 01:51:49 PM

You'll get sprint at level 1  Yahoo!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 01:57:51 PM

Teeny bit sad my trooper is already level 47, I would've liked to make him a dude twi'lek instead DEEP DOWN. But then he couldn't have his silly, silly, silly facial hair. So I guess it works out.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 01:59:00 PM

Does /follow work yet?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 01:59:28 PM

Fixing their shitty UI and the terrible textures was mostly the extent of my demands, so once the patch comes out (and the legion of inevitable bugs is under control) I'll resub.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 02:00:58 PM

The ability to follow or the actual slash command?

I can right click people and select follow from a menu and I just merrily tag along... but I've never actually tried typing out /follow come to think of it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 02:02:03 PM

I like how the "unlock your race for use with other classes" option does absolutely nothing for a level 50 Human and next to nothing for a level 50 Zabrak.

Yup sigh first level 50 human trooper sheesh had I known that I would have picked some other race oh well.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 02:03:59 PM

Source/pics or it didn't happen.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 02:06:21 PM

Source/pics or it didn't happen.

Watching http://www.swtor.com/guildsummit and they announced it.

Sprint at level 1 and a short speed burst (jetback/rocketboots) at a later level.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:08 PM

Does /follow work yet?

/follow works pretty well now, yes.  Uses the same logic as companions on follow from what my friend and I have seen.  That does mean that it fails pretty badly at elevators though.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:41 PM

Trippy is probably trying to multibox.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 02:45:41 PM

Yup, thanks, maybe I'll give it a try again soon.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 03:53:08 PM

There is some good shit here.

Still want sidekicking.

legacy level 30

Jesus fucking christ.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #52 on: March 05, 2012, 04:25:31 PM

Still want sidekicking.

legacy level 30

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, 30 is up there. I am sitting at 16 and I thought I was pretty fucking far. Then again, I haven't logged in for more than an hour in the last few days.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:07 PM

Anyone ahead of me is crazy and anyone behind me is slacking.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 04:31:27 PM

I wonder if I can trick Sjofn into getting me legacy levels by convincing her that entering a secret code gets her several more character slots...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 04:44:09 PM

Still want sidekicking.

legacy level 30

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, 30 is up there. I am sitting at 16 and I thought I was pretty fucking far. Then again, I haven't logged in for more than an hour in the last few days.

I'm at 29 with 2 50's but they are both battlemasters as well.  This one guy I know has to be at least 33-34 cuz he has like 4 50's and 2 40's.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

The only thing I didn't like from that article is the switch to same faction Voidstar matches.  I really liked the way they had framed the warzones in the context of the Empire/Republic conflict but now we're going to have Republic fighting Republic on Voidstar (and eventually Alderaan, too).  That just makes no sense and breaks my precious immersion!  Ohhhhh, I see.

They could say its a training exercise.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:51 PM

The empire need no reason to shoot each other.

The republic are idiots and probably started shooting each other accidentally as they are unable to see clearly on account of needing a haircut. Goddamn hippies.

There, I fixed your immersion, no need to thank me.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 05, 2012, 05:19:37 PM

The only thing I didn't like from that article is the switch to same faction Voidstar matches.  I really liked the way they had framed the warzones in the context of the Empire/Republic conflict but now we're going to have Republic fighting Republic on Voidstar (and eventually Alderaan, too).  That just makes no sense and breaks my precious immersion!  Ohhhhh, I see.

They could say its a training exercise.

Yeah as long as they don't just play the same old intro it won't be bad.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:21 PM

If EA wanted to get really tricksy about it, they could display the opposing team as being the mirror classes from the other faction and short of inspecting name tags you'd never know.

So two opposing guardians would appear as juggernaughts to each other etc.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:15 PM

I wonder if their customer service gets any tools with this miracle patch of theirs.  I'm gonna apply the standard EVE procedure for patches, actually, and then check to see if they've fixed my pet peeve issues before reactivating.  Because there's plenty of time to get to all the stuff they're putting in.

For Sjofn, maybe they'll put that baby tauntaun (I don't think it's that, though, no horns) on top of one of the harder-to-get-to datacrons somewhere.  Maybe the Tatooine one.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:44 PM

I wonder if I can trick Sjofn into getting me legacy levels by convincing her that entering a secret code gets her several more character slots...

I honestly wish I could get more character slots already, it's very sad.

For Sjofn, maybe they'll put that baby tauntaun (I don't think it's that, though, no horns) on top of one of the harder-to-get-to datacrons somewhere.  Maybe the Tatooine one.

I'd do it, but it would totally test my will to live. I currently ignore datacrons as hard as I can.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:24 PM

Anyone ahead of me is crazy and anyone behind me is slacking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxaF5Pq5D8

I also need more character slots. 8 more would be perfect. I just rolled up a second Sith Inq because I feel like playing an Assassin when I want to sneak past stuff.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:29 PM

The game still needs a LFD feature.

I have to agree with Draegan.  As awesome as this kitchen sink patch sounds, and it is, this feature is pretty much where I have the line drawn between TOR and WoW.

yep
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 12:26:22 AM

Sprint at level 1 and a short speed burst (jetback/rocketboots) at a later level.

Lord Renning wil be pleased.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 12:31:01 AM

I must be getting old because I don't see how this patch is a 'miracle' patch. Whilst it adds a lot of extra fluff into the game, it doesn't address many of the reasons why people have been quitting at all. Level 50 play will still be tedious as hell. Dungeons will still not be run thanks to no LFD. Questing outside of class quests is still going to be terminally tedious.

Ultimately unless I'm missing something this is a layer of goodness being applied on top of the game without any real substantial changes to address the significant flaws people have been complaining about.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 01:21:09 AM

Group finder is scheduled for 1.3 - same server only.

Edit: Source

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 01:31:36 AM

Group finder is scheduled for 1.3 - same server only.

Edit: Source

So, just in time for GW2  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 05:53:21 AM

Twitter feed just announced dual spec in 1.2.  Huzzzah!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:20 AM

Dual Spec? Whoops, I shouldn't have spent the gigantic pile of tier tokens I collected after filling my Vanguard out on making Dorne the most overequipped companion ever.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  
Jump to: