Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread  (Read 78009 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: December 13, 2011, 03:35:47 AM

The place the go to announce to all of f13 that your lucky mother-fudging ass got into the game already.

For the records, I have not gotten the email...yet.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:07 AM

SHWING
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:01 AM

Bazinga!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:14 AM

If you get in, tell us when you registered your pre-order code please.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 04:06:04 AM

SWTOR The Old Republic
The first wave of Early Game Access emails have now been sent! We will let you know when the next wave goes out.
3 minuti fa Preferiti Retweet Risposta
Ritwittato da Rockjaw

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 04:06:31 AM

I registered 2 days after pre-orders went up and I'm not in yet.   Kind of pissed but I guess I'll get in later today at some point.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 04:08:11 AM

Just try logging in, I didn't get my email yet, but I tried for shits and giggles and got in immediately.

And, I registered on July 21.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:10:20 AM

Yea some of my guildies are in and I'm listening to them on Vent.  Seems basically only first day pre orders are in at the moment.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 04:12:07 AM

I seemed to have exercised massive amounts of patience and self control, because it appears I pre-ordered on the 22nd Ohhhhh, I see.

And that is why patience never pays off.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 04:13:48 AM

Is there some place to look at when you added the code?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 04:16:04 AM

First two characters registered for name claiming rights.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:19:33 AM

So apparently you can see when you entered the code by going to the code redeem page in the account thing.   I redeemed on the 22nd as well.   They are clearly being way too cautious.   They let in like 750,000 people on the one weekend and had no problems.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 04:21:06 AM

Probably why they added on a couple of extra days. Ease things in on the first couple of days before they open the floodgates.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 04:21:46 AM

So apparently you can see when you entered the code by going to the code redeem page in the account thing.   I redeemed on the 22nd as well.   They are clearly being way too cautious.   They let in like 750,000 people on the one weekend and had no problems.

Yeah, I bought on the 21st but didn't realise I had to enter a code until the 22nd  ACK! (I foolishly assumed pre-ordering through Origin would have been enough). Oh well, later today hopefully. Just need to find something else to do rather than hit F5 and check my email every 5 minutes...
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 04:23:12 AM

I'm in. Made my toon, etc. Pre-order code entered July 21.

Received no email about being in yet -- just launched game to see before I go to work and now I'll be late for work :)

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 04:25:12 AM

First one in BC.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 04:28:17 AM

I didn't register until 9/5... I'm still going to be F5ing all day though.  awesome, for real
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 04:31:31 AM

Off to work.  We'll see if I'm in by the time I get home late this evening.  I'm expecting Thursday or Friday though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 04:35:55 AM

First two seven characters registered for name claiming rights.
Might be first game I got my first choice for my names....including Sky!

Registered code first day.
First one in BC.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
More like second. Bwahaha!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:37:34 AM by Sky »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 04:58:02 AM

Hm.. preorder says I registered 7/28.  Didn't think I waited that long it must have taken Best Buy a while to get me my code.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zephyr
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 05:11:38 AM

I pre-ordered on the 21st as well, but later in the evening after I got home from work.  No invite for the first wave.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 05:20:42 AM

I have to say this is the stupidest plan I've ever seen for letting people into early access.   They can't even tell people when they'll let in the next wave today?  They're getting their panties in an awful twist over the possibility that their servers might be just a little bit overcrowded.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 05:23:33 AM

I have to say this is the stupidest plan I've ever seen for letting people into early access.   They can't even tell people when they'll let in the next wave today?  They're getting their panties in an awful twist over the possibility that their servers might be just a little bit overcrowded.

Sounds to me like you're getting your panties in a twist over a game giving people the opportunity to play it almost a week before it's officially sanctioned to launch, at which point none of this pants-on-head silly argument will even matter  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 05:29:18 AM

Sounds to me like you're getting your panties in a twist over a game giving people the opportunity to play it almost a week before it's officially sanctioned to launch, at which point none of this pants-on-head silly argument will even matter  Ohhhhh, I see.

Actually I'm just annoyed I woke up at the butt crack of dawn and they can't even tell me if I can go back to sleep.

Edit:  NM second wave just went out and I'm in  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:31:08 AM by Amaron »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 05:31:50 AM

Have you tried posting to the official forums, Am?  If they're truly subscriber-only you shouldn't be able to post w/o it being active.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 05:34:38 AM

2nd wave just went out and I got in  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Registered on 22nd
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 05:35:27 AM

Sounds to me like you're getting your panties in a twist over a game giving people the opportunity to play it almost a week before it's officially sanctioned to launch, at which point none of this pants-on-head silly argument will even matter  Ohhhhh, I see.

Well it is a rather moronic way to let people into an early release. Day-of emails (given all their problems with even sending emails) are a pretty dumb way to spring access on people. So they either are doing some RNG drawing to see who will be in today, or they have the schedule of accounts for access and they are being dicks about not releasing that. It won't matter in a week or two, sure... but it matters now - which is all that is really important in a gamer's mentality. It also makes me raise an eyebrow as to how much other shit down the road they are going to be bitchy secretive about.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 05:36:25 AM

Sounds to me like you're getting your panties in a twist over a game giving people the opportunity to play it almost a week before it's officially sanctioned to launch, at which point none of this pants-on-head silly argument will even matter  Ohhhhh, I see.

Actually I'm just annoyed I woke up at the butt crack of dawn and they can't even tell me if I can go back to sleep.

Edit:  NM second wave just went out and I'm in  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

OH MY GOD I REGISTERED THE SAME DAY AS YOU AND I DIDN'T GET A MAIL WTF BIOWARE WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MISTREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL GOD DAMN DAY I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY ANOTHER BIOWARE (AUSTIN) GAME AFTER THIS ONE !!!!

Am I doing it right?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 05:39:08 AM

I'm in.  Registered first day of pre-orders. 
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:09 AM

I'm in. Preorder registered on Jul 22. I'm also an Euro, so it looks like we aren't getting the short end of the stick for once  awesome, for real

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:23 AM

OH MY GOD I REGISTERED THE SAME DAY AS YOU AND I DIDN'T GET A MAIL WTF BIOWARE WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MISTREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL GOD DAMN DAY I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY ANOTHER BIOWARE (AUSTIN) GAME AFTER THIS ONE !!!!

Am I doing it right?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

YESSSSSSSSS   DRILLING AND MANLINESS Love Letters

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 05:45:04 AM

I preordered two copies in September in two different online stores, Amazon and Play.com. And from both, I only received the redeemable code on November 2nd, more than 45 days later. I checked, and on both accounts it confirms I redeemed on November 2nd. Maybe things were different in Europe, so I need some feedback here: when is the earliest Europeans got their "early access" codes? No matter when I ordered, it's like I couldn't do anything before November 2nd.

EDIT: Ok, read post from Zetor.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:48:30 AM by Falconeer »

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 05:49:10 AM

I preordered through origin (yeah I know), and received my preorder code right away. I know that origin is an evil rootkit and whatnot, but I won't need to install it anyway.  awesome, for real

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 05:50:16 AM

I preordered through origin (yeah I know), and received my preorder code right away. I know that origin is an evil rootkit and whatnot, but I won't need to install it anyway.  awesome, for real

Doesn't matter.  You already signed the EULA saying that if they ever "Oops" with your account/billing info, it's not their fault nor can you take them to court.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 05:52:10 AM

Wave 2's cooler than Wave 1. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread  
Jump to: