Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread  (Read 78094 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 05:54:36 AM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1731

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.
Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 06:01:19 AM

Well it is a rather moronic way to let people into an early release. Day-of emails (given all their problems with even sending emails) are a pretty dumb way to spring access on people. So they either are doing some RNG drawing to see who will be in today, or they have the schedule of accounts for access and they are being dicks about not releasing that. It won't matter in a week or two, sure... but it matters now - which is all that is really important in a gamer's mentality. It also makes me raise an eyebrow as to how much other shit down the road they are going to be bitchy secretive about.
More likely they're watching server load and network traffic and basing when to send the next round on how the servers are holding up.  They may have a general idea, but nothing was set except the first wave.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 06:02:21 AM

Really, this is all quite reasonable as far as I am concerned.  I can't blame them for wanting things to go buttery smooth.

That said, if I don't get my email soon, somebody is going to die.

Edit:  Aaaaaaand apparently making threats on this boards works for some reason, because not 10 minutes after this post, I received my email.  You can all breath easier now.  Of course, I'm not at home or anything to do something with all my wonderful access, but it's the principle of the thing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:10:14 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 06:10:16 AM

I preordered through origin (yeah I know), and received my preorder code right away. I know that origin is an evil rootkit and whatnot, but I won't need to install it anyway.  awesome, for real

Doesn't matter.  You already signed the EULA saying that if they ever "Oops" with your account/billing info, it's not their fault nor can you take them to court.
That's just boilerplate and doesn't necessarily hold up in the European markets.  There was a link a few years back of someone in Britain getting a successful refund from either WoW or WAR because they knew which banking laws to quote at the CS robots.  (Or was that someone here.. now I can't remember.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 06:11:33 AM

I preordered through origin (yeah I know), and received my preorder code right away. I know that origin is an evil rootkit and whatnot, but I won't need to install it anyway.  awesome, for real

Doesn't matter.  You already signed the EULA saying that if they ever "Oops" with your account/billing info, it's not their fault nor can you take them to court.
That's just boilerplate and doesn't necessarily hold up in the European markets.  There was a link a few years back of someone in Britain getting a successful refund from either WoW or WAR because they knew which banking laws to quote at the CS robots.  (Or was that someone here.. now I can't remember.)

That was a Steam thing.  Which is understandable, since Steam is  awesome, for real.  Origin?  Ehhh, not so much.  swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 06:18:37 AM

Remember that I'm a Hungarian. CC/bank fraud is in our blood! The entire country was blacklisted from paypal / ebay for ~10 years due to the insanely high fraud rate.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:11 AM

Yeah, beside the obvious frustration in not being able to reach something that is well in front of you (and, like I said, I'll probably get in on the 18 or even the 19th, so I get the feeling), I think this staggered launch might prove as an excellent (and working) idea, if by the end of it everything goes well.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 06:37:34 AM

Either everyone should be in, or this isn't based on preorder date. I preordered on 11/05. I'm in. I'm pretty surprised.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 06:38:56 AM

Remember that I'm a Hungarian. CC/bank fraud is in our blood! The entire country was blacklisted from paypal / ebay for ~10 years due to the insanely high fraud rate.

Basing this entirely on the Hungarian woman I dated and their community of 1st and 2nd gen Hungarian and Romanian immigrants in the Cleveland area, I'm going to agree that you're all pathological liars and it's in your blood.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:02 AM

Death to all preorders.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 06:50:33 AM

Sitting at work so I can't do much, but I pre-ordered on the 23rd of July and I haven't gotten an email. Boohoo.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:55 AM

I entered my pre-order code the day before yesterday. Wonder when I will get in. On their frontpage there is still an advertisement for pre-orders (get up to 5 days for free), so I am optimistic to play before the day is over.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 07:23:37 AM

I pre-ordered on July 21 and got into early access this morning.  Sadly, I'm at work knowing that "Nebu" will be gone by the time that I get home.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:30:59 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 07:28:42 AM

Entered my pre-order code on 21st...

... November. so i'm cool.

really

Heartbreak
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 07:31:08 AM

I preordered on July 21 and got into early access this morning.  Sadly, I'm at work knowing that "Nebu" will be gone by the time that I get home.

What copy of the game you bought has no bearing.  It's simply when you put your pre-order code in. 

I'll believe it when I get the email.  Until then, I remain skeptical.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I guess it's actually going how they said it would.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:28 AM

I pre-ordered on July 21 and got into early access this morning.  Sadly, I'm at work knowing that "Nebu" will be gone by the time that I get home.
Couldn't someone in right now save it for you?
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 07:38:50 AM

You all think they are being reasonable but on my server there are currently only 40 republic logged in.   They're just being stupid level paranoid.   The zones are dead empty and there isn't even a second instance open.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 07:41:18 AM

I could of sworn they told you when you entered your code in your account summary page.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 07:43:58 AM

I got in and can't use it until Thursday. So, oh well.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 07:45:33 AM

You all think they are being reasonable but on my server there are currently only 40 republic logged in

US it's 8-11AM on a Tuesday morning.  Kids are in school, people are at work, bums with time to play are still in bed.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 07:46:51 AM

In and.. at work.  Was going to "work at home" today, but then my wife decided to do the same.  Kind of throws water all over my nefarious plot.  

I have plans in motion for Thursday/Friday.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:48:33 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 07:57:17 AM

I'm keeping an eye on the server status page on the official website (dunno if it's up to speed compared to the in-gamel ist) and servers are slowly (and nicely) filling up as time goes by. They just have to fix the glitch so that the "N/A" ones actually shows in the Europe sub-section.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 08:01:07 AM

Official US Server Status
http://www.swtor.com/server-status
>Dreshdae Cantina

Official ALL Server List
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254
>Drunk Side Cantina

I guess I know what Dreshdae  means now =p
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:21 AM

Third Wave sent

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:50 AM

It all seems to be going swimmingly.

Official forums are predictably hilarious, of course.

Early hours, and the tidal wave has yet to hit - but thus far it bodes well methinks.  

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #60 on: December 13, 2011, 08:08:12 AM

In on third wave, entered code 7/23.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 13, 2011, 08:28:33 AM

Judging from the tweet, there is only one more wave to go for today....*ducks*

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #62 on: December 13, 2011, 08:28:57 AM

I could of sworn they told you when you entered your code in your account summary page.

Yes. My account -> code redemption. It shows the date there.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 13, 2011, 08:53:23 AM

July 23rd here and I'm in.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:56 AM

I'm fooked. Because of best buy, I only got in last month to put in my code.

Anyway, wow, the forums.  Popcorn

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:19 AM

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 13, 2011, 08:59:21 AM

Yep, I'm entertained !  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The butthurt is strong in a lot of people, today.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 09:00:08 AM

Btw, can I pay someone to trade places with me?  srsly.  If you've got to work (I dont right now) or something and can wait till say the weekend, I'll make it worth your while.   Argh! Tantrum Shaking fist Mob Beating a Dead Horse Facepalm

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 09:06:50 AM

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:08:58 AM by Lucas »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 09:27:05 AM

I can't remember this level of froth for a MMO release, ever.  Even WoW had haters and cynics .. and Geldon doomcasting.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The Early Access/I'm in and you're not, neener-neener! Thread  
Jump to: