Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453588 times)
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: September 19, 2017, 09:17:48 AM

I played a little this past weekend but I've slowed way down on it.  Mostly just been logging in to do the daily masters quests.

Started doing the red tier maps and they are just way too much effort for my mediocre build & gear.  I can clear most of the trash but the bosses just shit on me or slowly overwhelm me with adds (like the vault map one).  I did figure out the shaping and all that which seems like a cool system.   Just way too much time spent searching for gear & map trades than I care to do.

I didn't have any issues with Merciless Izaro but I did it over leveled any my dps was much higher than it probably should have been.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: September 19, 2017, 09:29:42 AM

I didn't have any issues with Merciless Izaro but I did it over leveled any my dps was much higher than it probably should have been.

This is the best way to play the game in my opinion.  Over-leveled.  It makes the boss mechanics so much less frustrating.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: September 19, 2017, 10:14:30 AM

ACK!  My level 71 doesn't even have 3k. Gears shite, but still.

In this case you might wanna focus your future skill points on some more +%life.
If you want some advice on talent planning I could take a glance at your skill tree, chars are linked in this format: "https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ACCOUNTNAME/characters".

That is exactly the way to go with the labs and their "one death and you can start over" mechanic. I usually go for merc lab around level 75 and uber around 83.
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: September 19, 2017, 10:22:03 AM

I can clear most of the trash but the bosses just shit on me or slowly overwhelm me with adds (like the vault map one).  I did figure out the shaping and all that which seems like a cool system.   Just way too much time spent searching for gear & map trades than I care to do.

They buffed boss hp a fair bit with 3.0, plenty of people skip them since their drop rate weren't adapted accordingly.
If you have trouble getting specific maps in a tier, like all you got are Vault maps and you need an Estuary for atlas completion, you can use the Orb of Horizons to reroll a map into another map of the same tier.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #879 on: September 19, 2017, 01:53:21 PM

Gotta stack that life. My 71 ranger is way too squishy with a truly insane amount of evasion (QotF build) and only 3k life.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: September 19, 2017, 02:19:34 PM

If anyone sends me a friend request for a future guild invite and your IGN isn't your f13 name, let me know here.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: September 19, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

I'd also make the comment that rangers, particularly bow rangers, are pretty expensive to gear properly for endgame.  I play mostly solo self-found and rarely play bow characters until I've built up a good stash of items.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: September 19, 2017, 03:29:33 PM

If anyone sends me a friend request for a future guild invite and your IGN isn't your f13 name, let me know here.

Yeah, that'd probably be me.  I'd have thought it would be obvious.  The timing, not the name.  Yes, it's not the usual name, but Ironwood was taken.   why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: September 19, 2017, 04:25:41 PM

I sent you a friend request, I think my account name is adaira but I'm not sure. Might also be skyrunner or Rathim.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: September 19, 2017, 05:07:21 PM

Ahh, it was two f13ers. If it had been one I would have just accepted, but a pair seemed like people adding me to buy stuff I had listed on poe.trade or something. Logging in in a few minutes and I'll add you guys.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: October 05, 2017, 03:19:04 AM

Anyone got a high level  Vorici on hand ?  I need two blue and one red sockets.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #886 on: October 05, 2017, 09:48:51 AM

Vorici is a a pain to level with all the 'leave 1 guy alive' missions, mine's only level6.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: October 30, 2017, 05:53:35 AM

Chaps, the Guild Bank is stuffed with Uniques.  Feel free to help yourself.  This post Courtesy of Mr and Mrs Ironwood.

I also managed to get Vorici to quite a high level without too much pain, but I had hugely overestimated how long collecting Orbs of Fusing actually takes.  Jeeeeesus.

And a Bleed Duelist Gladiator Build is actually kinda fun.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:13 AM

Anyone around to give a guild invite?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: November 18, 2017, 06:39:17 AM

Sure, what's your IGN?

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: November 20, 2017, 04:58:17 PM

New end-game focused expansion for this coming out soon. Looks pretty good https://www.pathofexile.com/war
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: December 10, 2017, 11:29:47 AM

New league is awesomely good.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: December 10, 2017, 04:38:11 PM

Ready to try this again but i don't want to fumble around with character builds until i get it right, anyone got a very detailed guide for a viable shadow build? edit: for the new league.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:49:04 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: December 11, 2017, 10:36:58 AM

Go look on the forums. Find one you like.
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:25 AM

Try http://www.buildofexile.com/, it takes the builds from the official forums and makes them searchable.
https://www.poebuilds.io if you wanna check on some top of the ladder builds.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: December 13, 2017, 08:29:26 PM

For anyone wanting to try out the new league but having char/build anexity, I suggest this sunder build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2032624

I went from 1-70 following it last weekend and found it to be extremely well suited for a first character in a new league. I'm currently sitting on about 15 chaos orbs having only bought the weapon. I feel more the ready to seriously start mapping and farming for additional characters. Its an easy build to play while watching a stream/listening to podcasts.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: December 13, 2017, 08:37:40 PM

I found this thread quite useful.

3.1 Starter builds.

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: December 14, 2017, 01:21:56 AM

Anyone playing or wanting help on the new Abyssal league, wife and I are hitting it pretty hard right now, so feel free to level with us.  Also, if you're not in the guild, get an invite because I'm just going to start filling up the league Guild Bank with my cast off shite again. 

(Also, thanks to whoever put that unique axe in there.  I stole it to smite people with.)

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: December 14, 2017, 10:02:36 AM

Every season I get excited to play PoE again and decide that I'm going to try a few of my own builds and learn the game mechanics better.  After a week of creating bad build after bad build, I get discouraged and stop playing.  I need to break this cycle.

Any advice?

Edit: I play SSF almost exclusively, so no buying/trading for items.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:05:25 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: December 14, 2017, 10:33:56 AM

Sunder build is solid.

Anything that is a single target melee is hit right now with the new ancestral support gem.

I'm playing bodyswap totem builds with all the new corpse skills and I love it.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #900 on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:58 PM

I'm playing Detonate Dead + Cast While Channeling + Lightning Tendrils to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and using Advancing Fortress + Rathpith Globe + Stone of Lazhwar to work towards max block/spell block. Like all my builds it sounds janky as fuck but this one is crushing yellow maps and should be doing reds as soon as I get to them in my atlas. I assume this has more to do with DD being overpowered than anything else but maybe I just managed to not fuck a character up for once.

Nebu, if you've never played a Flicker Strike build you owe it to yourself to try one. Quit playing SSF, level a Slayer with Sunder or whatever until you can equip an Oro's, toss in Flicker + EDWA + Chance to Ignite + Multistrike, get splash from your level 35 ascendancy, and then hold down the Flicker button until you win.

If you're like me and just can't bring yourself to copy someone else's build, there are plenty of variations - the only requirement is a way to generate a bunch of Frenzy charges; this is usually done with Oro's, Terminus, or Raider + Blood Rage (the new Golden Rule jewel with The Red Trail should work too but good luck buying a pair). I did it with just Blood Rage and Ice Bite last league but having all my charges tied to kills made bossing miserable.

If you're crapping out before you get to 67 just spend some currency on leveling items - a Goldrim and a decent two-hander will carry you through most of the game, and I'll try to remember to leave anything good I find in the guild stash.

Seriously, stop playing SSF. Unless you're already bored of every build it just cuts down on fun potential.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: December 14, 2017, 01:56:02 PM

Yeah SSF is just shit.  If you don't wanna do web trade ( and who can blame you ) just impose some self discipline.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #902 on: December 14, 2017, 03:46:15 PM

I used to play ssf, but it's really no different than just not trading.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #903 on: January 15, 2018, 11:49:40 AM

Just got my first Abyss character to endgame; can someone explain what's going on with all this Elder stuff I hear about in chat?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: January 15, 2018, 12:08:36 PM

Just got my first Abyss character to endgame; can someone explain what's going on with all this Elder stuff I hear about in chat?

I have a level 85 character currently opening the map and I have no idea what you're talking about.  Then again, I have general chat turned off.

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: January 15, 2018, 12:28:40 PM

This is what I'm talking about:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atlas_of_Worlds#Influenced_areas

I can't find any more detail than that, and I know from reading chat that some people try to only run certain maps above a certain tier to influence their Atlas. I just don't know any details of the how or why.

Also, are you in the f13 guild? If not, hit me up (IGN Rendakor or AsahinaRirica) and I'll invite you.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

In the beginning there will be some sparkly background on some of your maps on the atlas indicating that the shaper is influencing it. Complete enough of these and an area of Elder influence will appear. You can expand the Elder area by completing Shaper influenced maps adjacent to the Elder area. Eventually the Elder area gets big enough and he and 4 of his guardians spawn in 5 different maps.

The strategy I've heard of people doing is repeating this process until they get the Elder (or one of his Guardians I assume would also work) to spawn on a favourable map and then just never killing him. Normally the Elder area waxes and wanes a bit and you can't keep 100% uptime on the influence, but if Elder or one of his Guardians is in the map the influence is effectively permanent until you kill him. The reason influence is good is because it adds a whole bunch of extra monsters to the map and lets special items drop that can roll insanely powerful affixes. Downsides are that the boss is replaced so you miss out on the map boss drops, and never killing the Elder means you can't get his drops, some of which are very good.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: January 15, 2018, 01:24:38 PM

In the beginning there will be some sparkly background on some of your maps on the atlas indicating that the shaper is influencing it. Complete enough of these and an area of Elder influence will appear. You can expand the Elder area by completing Shaper influenced maps adjacent to the Elder area. Eventually the Elder area gets big enough and he and 4 of his guardians spawn in 5 different maps.

The strategy I've heard of people doing is repeating this process until they get the Elder (or one of his Guardians I assume would also work) to spawn on a favourable map and then just never killing him. Normally the Elder area waxes and wanes a bit and you can't keep 100% uptime on the influence, but if Elder or one of his Guardians is in the map the influence is effectively permanent until you kill him. The reason influence is good is because it adds a whole bunch of extra monsters to the map and lets special items drop that can roll insanely powerful affixes. Downsides are that the boss is replaced so you miss out on the map boss drops, and never killing the Elder means you can't get his drops, some of which are very good.

Thanks for this.  I had no idea. 

I did a bunch of shaper maps to get the shaper things that allow me to shape lower maps.  That's about all I know. 

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #908 on: January 16, 2018, 02:35:54 AM

Elder items are the bomb.  Six slot one handers and suchlike.

Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #909 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:43 AM

Alternatively you can pick one of the maps that are contested by both, Shaper and Elder, and just let it keep flipping between those two. Nets you items from both of them and makes getting that achievement where you have to kill voidportals and the Shaper thingies much easier and faster. This way you can kill the bosses all you want, the map will always be under someones influence.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: