Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2017, 11:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 69730 times)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: July 13, 2017, 01:00:12 PM

Yeah, they're just mini-leagues (anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 weeks) with prizes for whomever has the most xp at the end, usually per-class. Every time I've tried one, I've leveled at less than half the speed of the top players. Last race, streamer Zizaran won the SSFHC race in *two* class categories.

I've been casually running through the 3.0 beta, if anyone wants spoilers. It's mostly good, but boy does act 5 need some tuning.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #806 on: July 13, 2017, 02:33:51 PM

Looks like they are giving out randomly drawn prizes to people at different thresholds.  I may play with it for something to do.

Thanks for the info.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:52 PM

Yeah, they're just mini-leagues (anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 weeks) with prizes for whomever has the most xp at the end, usually per-class. Every time I've tried one, I've leveled at less than half the speed of the top players. Last race, streamer Zizaran won the SSFHC race in *two* class categories.

I've been casually running through the 3.0 beta, if anyone wants spoilers. It's mostly good, but boy does act 5 need some tuning.

Yeah, throw that shit at us.  It's not like a spoiling will stop a 'playing'.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #808 on: July 13, 2017, 03:51:24 PM

I meant more if anyone was wondering something specific. There's not a lot of general info to cover since most of the development work for the expansion has gone into new leveling content, which mostly amounts to the walls being a different color as you kill things and wear their hats. Acts 6-10 are mostly retreads of Acts 1-5, so don't expect a ton of new environments past the halfway mark. But it's not worse than playing through the exact same content three times. A lot of the new bosses are fun, some feel a little phoned in, but the Act 5 ones are really punishing for melee (also everyone else, but mostly for melee). They'll probably get tuned down, but even so I wouldn't count on this patch to be the one to fulfill all your Molten Strike dreams.

Normal and Cruel Lab/Izaro are a LOT faster/easier. I haven't tried Merc/Uber yet.

DoTs are nerfed. If you were abusing double-dipping before, your build sucks now. If you don't know what double-dipping was, then they're buffed, but probably not enough to matter.

ES is heavily nerfed and life is slightly buffed, mostly via the raw quantities available on gear.

Several new Support Gems are in (new active skills are planned but not available in beta). Decay is supposed to be great for leveling but isn't available until the high 30's.

Pierce effects are now "pierces X targets" rather than "X% chance to pierce", so small investments are more worthwhile.

Oh, also there's a new UI panel where you use the consumed soul of a slain god to empower yourself with exciting defensive abilities like "30% chance to avoid bleeds" and "10% chance to reduce area damage by 50%". The effects are mostly impossible to notice and it sucks.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: July 14, 2017, 07:57:43 AM

Yeah that's pantheon thing is a good idea but boring af.

I'm going to start the new league with a siege ballista build with all the new support gems.

Unless there are any interesting new skills.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:12 AM

Races are seasons where players compete for prizes.

There are the usual months long seasons where the race is progression.

Then there are shorter races (minutes, days, weeks, depending) with various goals.  Quite often the objective is progression, sometimes there is some other goal.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Races
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #811 on: July 20, 2017, 10:15:31 AM

Expansion is August 4th.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: