Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 79753 times)
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: September 19, 2017, 11:17:48 AM

I played a little this past weekend but I've slowed way down on it.  Mostly just been logging in to do the daily masters quests.

Started doing the red tier maps and they are just way too much effort for my mediocre build & gear.  I can clear most of the trash but the bosses just shit on me or slowly overwhelm me with adds (like the vault map one).  I did figure out the shaping and all that which seems like a cool system.   Just way too much time spent searching for gear & map trades than I care to do.

I didn't have any issues with Merciless Izaro but I did it over leveled any my dps was much higher than it probably should have been.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: September 19, 2017, 11:29:42 AM

I didn't have any issues with Merciless Izaro but I did it over leveled any my dps was much higher than it probably should have been.

This is the best way to play the game in my opinion.  Over-leveled.  It makes the boss mechanics so much less frustrating.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: September 19, 2017, 12:14:30 PM

ACK!  My level 71 doesn't even have 3k. Gears shite, but still.

In this case you might wanna focus your future skill points on some more +%life.
If you want some advice on talent planning I could take a glance at your skill tree, chars are linked in this format: "https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ACCOUNTNAME/characters".

That is exactly the way to go with the labs and their "one death and you can start over" mechanic. I usually go for merc lab around level 75 and uber around 83.
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: September 19, 2017, 12:22:03 PM

I can clear most of the trash but the bosses just shit on me or slowly overwhelm me with adds (like the vault map one).  I did figure out the shaping and all that which seems like a cool system.   Just way too much time spent searching for gear & map trades than I care to do.

They buffed boss hp a fair bit with 3.0, plenty of people skip them since their drop rate weren't adapted accordingly.
If you have trouble getting specific maps in a tier, like all you got are Vault maps and you need an Estuary for atlas completion, you can use the Orb of Horizons to reroll a map into another map of the same tier.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #879 on: September 19, 2017, 03:53:21 PM

Gotta stack that life. My 71 ranger is way too squishy with a truly insane amount of evasion (QotF build) and only 3k life.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: September 19, 2017, 04:19:34 PM

If anyone sends me a friend request for a future guild invite and your IGN isn't your f13 name, let me know here.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:46 PM

I'd also make the comment that rangers, particularly bow rangers, are pretty expensive to gear properly for endgame.  I play mostly solo self-found and rarely play bow characters until I've built up a good stash of items.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: September 19, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

If anyone sends me a friend request for a future guild invite and your IGN isn't your f13 name, let me know here.

Yeah, that'd probably be me.  I'd have thought it would be obvious.  The timing, not the name.  Yes, it's not the usual name, but Ironwood was taken.   why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: September 19, 2017, 06:25:41 PM

I sent you a friend request, I think my account name is adaira but I'm not sure. Might also be skyrunner or Rathim.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: September 19, 2017, 07:07:21 PM

Ahh, it was two f13ers. If it had been one I would have just accepted, but a pair seemed like people adding me to buy stuff I had listed on poe.trade or something. Logging in in a few minutes and I'll add you guys.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: October 05, 2017, 05:19:04 AM

Anyone got a high level  Vorici on hand ?  I need two blue and one red sockets.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #886 on: October 05, 2017, 11:48:51 AM

Vorici is a a pain to level with all the 'leave 1 guy alive' missions, mine's only level6.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: