Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:46:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final  (Read 20438 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: October 15, 2011, 05:39:17 AM

F13 Feeder League Masters

The inaugural feeder league masters is on. 7 of the 8 top teams have manned up, only Lamaros lacks the man parts necessary for this shit, Ice Cream Emperor's Warriors of the Sun take his place.

Group Stage

Now complete, over 12 matches the feeder league's finest as well as Ruvaldt have battled it out to determine 4 semi-finalists.

Skara Brae Conference
Pos   Team  Pld    TDD    Pts  
1Emperors of the Pitch  
+3
(Q)
2Warriors of the Sun
+3
(Q)
3Wilson's Beard
4Bishoujo All Stars

Frobozz Conference
Pos   Team  Pld    TDD    Pts  
1Ermine Vermin
+8
(Q)
2Pro Elves for Hoes
+2
(Q)
3Wormfeed
4Calidor Fancypants      

Semi-Finals

Shit is now officially real as we move on to sudden death knockout. Ties will not be tolerated and must be replayed until the teams involved get it right.

Emperors of the Pitch
 1 - 0  
Pro Elves for Hoes
Ermine Vermin
 3 - 2  
Warriors of the Sun

Grand Final

Emporers of the Pitch
vs.
Ermine Vermin

awesome, for real

Format

Full Calendar & Results

Who the Fuck is Alice?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:39:40 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:47:46 AM

Well Falc, I'm pretty much open all day today.  Going to take a lazy Saturday of laying around the house drinking and playing on the PC after going out and doing shit every night for the last few weeks.  So just message me on steam when ever.  I haven't played Dwarves in forever, and can't remember how to play them, so I'm sure your going to run circles around me.  Shall be fun!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:26 PM

Comstr! Time to take your fake elves down a notch.

Tonight is no good. Monday night is no good. Other than that, I'm basically open. Eastern time.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:46:50 PM

This is totally not a "QQ I'm not in this" whine, this is what I get for starting 2-0-6 with the Khemri before the preseason D&M tournaments, but IMO in future installments you should have the winner of D&M get a free spot in this, as a bit of incentive.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:38:39 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 03:27:20 PM

Counterpoint: Change name of tournament to No Ingmars. Dance around and brag about how much fun it is in front of all Ingmars.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 04:57:16 PM

This is totally not a "QQ I'm not in this" whine, this is what I get for starting 2-0-6 with the Khemri before the preseason D&M tournaments, but IMO in future installments you should have the winner of D&M get a free spot in this, as a bit of incentive.

I agree on the winner of D&M getting a spot. Also, I repeat for future editions only teams with a set number of games should be eligible. My Sailor Moons only played 3 games, I think. Pretty easy to be up there like that.

Teleku, I am going to sleep now (been rioting in the street of Roma all day - check the news). Tomorrow I am free all day. Would it work for you?

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 12:24:28 AM

Ruvaldt! In the battle of teams named X of the Y, only one shall emerge victorious! (Hint: it's mine. The one that will emerge victoriously, I mean.)

I could play midday tomorrow (Sunday) or any of Monday, Wednesday or Friday weeknights in the forthcoming week. I am PST.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 02:02:08 AM

I'm actually a little intrigued to see which teams qualify in these groups, Emperors and Pro Elves should make it, but beyond that it is a mystery. In Skara Brae, Wilson's Beard don't have espeicially favorable matchups, and I fear for how many rats Bishoujo will have left after 3 matches in the group, so suspect Warriors might make it through. Frobozz is going to see an absurd amount of dodgy bullshit, but suspect Megrim's humans are just bashy and just mobile enough to make it past the Vermin and Calidor.

One thing is certain, there will be no Ingmars in the semi-finals.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 09:08:40 AM

Ruvaldt! In the battle of teams named X of the Y, only one shall emerge victorious! (Hint: it's mine. The one that will emerge victoriously, I mean.)

I could play midday tomorrow (Sunday) or any of Monday, Wednesday or Friday weeknights in the forthcoming week. I am PST.

Monday I have the day off from everything, but if that doesn't work it'll have to be Friday.  I have a big high school chemistry teacher certification exam on Thursday and a lot of my week is oriented around cheating studying for it.

Your skinks will serve as an excellent beginning to the Emperors' path to Feeder League domination.  Prepare to be squished!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 01:32:11 PM

Emperors of the Pitch 1 - 1 Warriors of the Sun

In a very frustrating match in which the Emperors couldn't seem to pick up the ball or block, and the Warriors of the Sun couldn't dodge, ICE and I settled on our traditional draw.  We both played as well as we could, but I'll be back up to full strength again for my next match while ICE took a more serious injury and a death.  It was just a level 1 skink though so it wasn't a huge blow.  For my second consecutive game my apothecary saved an important player from death.  Fun game, but the Emperors sure have had a bad streak of games lately.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 01:33:27 PM

So Warriors of the Sun tie Emperors of the Pitch 1-1 in the Game of the Aggravation. To quote myself from in-game chat around turn 15, 'this game is like distilled frustration'. For Ruvaldt the frustration was mostly straightforwardly-shitty dice, which helped me run in a fairly comfortable defensive TD on the last turn of the first half, going up 1-0 and receiving -- and then continued to fuck him over seemingly nonstop for most of the second half, as failed pickups repeatedly thwarted what seemed like an almost certain TD of his own.

Whereas my frustration was in having the game borderline handed to me on a platter, only to have my overall-awesome dice be just shitty enough to completely screw me over on my second half drive, and give Ruvaldt the endless opportunities which he finally managed to convert only once it required a ridiculous multi-tacklezone pickup-and-double-dodge, instead of a simple unmarked pickup-and-jog-into-the-endzone. I tried to force a 2 turn TD but a disappearing skink on setup made it even less likely, and in the end it was not to be.

Adding to the frustration theme was a turn-15 MNG injury to one of my skilled Saurii, which the apothecary offered to turn into an equivalent -agi injury. Ruvaldt's apothecary had come through for him in the first half to save one of his star MB/tackle blitzers from instant (in accordance with the sun god) death, allowing him to rejoin the game for the crucial second half's 360-degree nuffling.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 03:44:03 PM

Bishoujo Allstars lost 1 - 0 tu a bunch of dirt dwarves. Despite the 520 TV difference my girls played solidly in the first half, preventing the dwarves from scoring. Too bad there were only 7 left in the second half, which managed to lose the ball pretty easily and give an easy score to Teleku on turn 13.

Since he's a great sport, he decided to score instead of dwindling on the goal line, giving me an awesome chance to score in a typical 2-turn skaven bullshit way. Which TOTALLY HAPPENED, if it wasn't for the fact that I was so amazed myself for how easily I got a gutter runner through the enemy line that I forgot to use a player to block his only runner in range. Critical mistake, since the runner closed on my gutter runner and sealed the game. As I said, my scoring was impossible for him to avoid if I moved that free Stormvermin to block his runner, but regardless of my shortcomings it's fair to say that I would have never scored if he kept the ball instead of gifting me of a final drive.

On a side note, Sailor Moon, my rat ogre, leveled up and got Breaking Tackles, but one of my two precious Gut Runners died. Not cool.

Wilson Beards vs. Bishujo Allstars 1 - 0

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 04:55:36 PM

Pro Elves for Hoes 4 wins over Calidor Fancypants 0

In a game were Elf Bullshit should have applied to both sides, but sadly only one side could take advantage of it. The first half was very exciting, with failed passes and catches for both sides meaning the ball went up from one end of the pitch to the other every other turn. However, the high elves could not seemingly take advantage of their block bonus, though they did kill the Pro Elf Thrower with leader. Poor Fluttershy. A high elf later got killed by a dirty foul. but was apoced to badly hurt. Two of my linesman levelled up and got wrestle.

The highlights would be the multiple double skulls by the High Elf Blitzers, the multiple 1's rolled for dodges/passes/throws/leaps/safe throws that required a +2, elves on both sides making dodges into triple tackle zones and my level 5 Catcher, Princess Luna, with +1AG/Block/Dodge/Leap/Catch/Nerves of Steel only making 1 TD, so still needing 2 TD to make level 6.

I can't upload the match - bb manager is giving me an error in french :(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:30:15 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 05:09:27 PM

Just awful game. There were certainly things I could've done better in terms of positioning (and I don't think Helves are fast enough to pull the "hang back and throw the ball everywhere willy-nilly tactic") but holy shit my dice. I counted 5 or 6 failed go for its and 4 or 5 double skulls for me. I went a stretch of 3 turns without a knockdown, all arrows. I'm not really bitching about it, because BLOOD BOWL, but what a stinker series of rolls.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 11:12:11 AM

Awful it may have been, but it has also knocked Ruvaldt off the top of the feeder league standings and claimed glory for Frobozz.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:24 AM

Yeah, and now I have to play against Dwarves without any claws.  Of the last four games I've played two were against Khemri, one was against Chaos and another was against Lizards; I'm feeling pretty beaten up right now.

It will be nice to finally play Teleku though.  I've never had the opportunity.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 01:05:51 PM

So yeah, I'm a bit confused since this is all in the feeder league and not its own special one like the seasonal games.  Do we just play all 3 games as fast as we want with our assigned opponents?  There really isn't any "days" to advance, correct?  Or am I missing something?

Game with Falc went pretty much how he described.  Something to keep in mind is that it was raining the entire game, which made attempting to pick up the ball hilarious for both teams (especially dwarves).  Nuffle threw me a bone, however.  I had most of my team stuck in a group on the left side of the pitch, with almost no rats around (except a knocked out rat ogre), while he ran the ball along the right.  I had a few dwarves in the way though, and got into a chain block, which resulted in me knocking his ball carrier down.  The ball flew out of bounds, and was thrown back in, right into the middle of my group of dwarves on the left side of the pitch.  But not only that, it landed on one of my god damn Troll Slayers, who actually picked it up.  My two agi Troll slayer picked up a thrown in scatter ball, in the rain.

So yeah, from there I was able to march my way up the field and score.  I was feeling a bit bad, and I always hate it when people stall anyways, so I did score rather than cage up for the last turn.  Almost cost me, but still worked out.

I’m on Pacific time, and am free any time after about 5:30 PM week days.  So just message me on when it would be good to play, Ruvaldt.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 01:13:18 PM

If you want to push on with the next match, that's fine, especially if you are likely to be away in the following week or whatever.

The group stage calendar is more of a guide to keep games coming. A short gap between each match also gives space for more posting about Ruvaldt's inevitable defeat.

Given this tournament only has 8 coaches, all of whom play blood bowl *a lot*, I'm not expecting any real challenge getting through the calendar.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 01:30:09 PM

Righto. So I still have games to play against Falconeer and Teleku -- I figure the Falc game might require some scheduling due to time zones, but if either of you see me on Steam feel free to inquire.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 01:33:55 PM

A short gap between each match also gives space for more posting about Ruvaldt's inevitable defeat.

Rome wasn't built in a day.  The Emperors still look forward to another opportunity to tackle the Ermine Vermin into oblivion.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:54 PM

Emperors of the Pitch 1 - 0 Wilson's Beard

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.  An action packed match in which my block dice returned to me, until the very end, but a key blitzer and Nero are both out until the next game.  I made some questionable decisions at the end of the second half as I got a little cocky and it nearly ended up as a dwarven tie, but Teleku's blitzer missed a game-tying dodge and I ended up the victor from a 4th turn defensive TD.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 11:23:40 AM

Played Vermin vs Wormfeed last night.

First drive was a straightforward 2 turn 'GRs ignore other team' touchdown for the Skaven.

Second drive was getting interesting as star GR Pinkeye Perkins extracted the ball from an absurd cage, but couldn't get safe from the Human horde, only to find Cyanide had struck, and Megrim was trapped in a stupid push dialog or something and couldn't move any players. Pinkeye ran in the TD which freed Megrim so we could play on.

Third drive saw an Ermine blitz, the rats caged up under the ball and then ran in one more TD before half time.

Second half and Megrim's men almost made it to the line with a running play down his left, but at the last minute some awesome skaven bullshit saw the rats steal the ball and travel almost the whole length of the pitch, before making it 4-0 on the following turn.

Final drive saw the human side finally take command, building a more stable cage Wormfeed trundled down for a consolation TD. 4-1.

Some fun moments, but the fuck up on the second drive sucked, and arguably cost the second as well as probably the third TD.

Megrim, more than happy to replay if you catch me on steam.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 03:08:58 PM

Emperors of the Pitch 2 - 0 Bishoujo

A seriously pyrrhic victory for the Emperors as Tacitus, a lineman with guard, and Antoninus Pius, an extraordinary blitzer with block/guard/tackle/mighty blow/frenzy, died.  Actually, I rolled deaths on three injuries, but the apothecary was no help and his intended patient simply died again.  Brutal match which leaves me with a gaping hole in my supply of guard.  On top of all that Tacitus won mvp.

Hadrian did level up though and he took mighty blow so that, at least, was replaced, but it'll take me another 20 matches to build another Antoninus Pius.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 03:20:08 PM

Yeah, me and Ruvaldt played our game from Day #3, and my team-that-should-not-be-here-but-it-is-due-to-a-glitch-in-the-prerequisites perished badly and never had a chance against the emperors. The only fun part was killing two of his superpricey guys (a level 3 and a level 5), but I lost some rats too and my TV is, at the moment, 780  awesome, for real

Ice Cream Emperor, you are next!

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 04:05:57 PM

I fear the inducements! But also been having a busier week than expected. I believe I am 9 hours behind you, Falc, so maybe the weekend is our best bet to play.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 06:57:31 PM

Yeah, it was a rough loss to Ruvaldt.  Still trying to get the hang of playing dwarves again, and made some stupid positional mistakes.  The first half of the game, the dice just weren't going my way either, since I kept rolling pushes while he kept rolling direct hits.  That changed in the last quarter of the game though, where I started to injure his players left and right.  I also almost pulled off hilarious nuffle bullshit again, in the same way I did in Falcs game.  After getting everybody stuck together in a big cage pile up, I was able to chain push his ball carrier off the pitch.  It was thrown back in, right up towards his goal line.  I had a blitzer who was just close enough to make the pickup.  Almost all of his players were down, and the two nearest where marked by dwarves.

Alas, with no re-rolls he was able to dodge both away and mark the ball carrier.  That left me with two attempts to win a 50/50 chance dice roll to dodge away and get the tie.  So of course I fail that, but I can't complain since some crazy dice rolling at the end got me that far.

I also nearly killed one of his guys, badly injured several, and gave game missing injuries to 2 or 3 more.  So if figured who ever played him next would have a nice chance of winning.   awesome, for real  Oh well, at least falc managed to do even more long term damage to the team than I was, some how.

I also need to play you for the last game, Ice Cream.  I'm PST time, so hopefully its easier for us to play soonish.  Just message me any time on steam you want to play.

-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 08:26:36 PM

Played Vermin vs Wormfeed last night.

First drive was a straightforward 2 turn 'GRs ignore other team' touchdown for the Skaven.

Second drive was getting interesting as star GR Pinkeye Perkins extracted the ball from an absurd cage, but couldn't get safe from the Human horde, only to find Cyanide had struck, and Megrim was trapped in a stupid push dialog or something and couldn't move any players. Pinkeye ran in the TD which freed Megrim so we could play on.

Third drive saw an Ermine blitz, the rats caged up under the ball and then ran in one more TD before half time.

Second half and Megrim's men almost made it to the line with a running play down his left, but at the last minute some awesome skaven bullshit saw the rats steal the ball and travel almost the whole length of the pitch, before making it 4-0 on the following turn.

Final drive saw the human side finally take command, building a more stable cage Wormfeed trundled down for a consolation TD. 4-1.

Some fun moments, but the fuck up on the second drive sucked, and arguably cost the second as well as probably the third TD.

Megrim, more than happy to replay if you catch me on steam.

It's only fair to say that you won that well. I think it was just the second TD which was lolcyanide, the first, third and fourth were entirely mine to concede. Oddly enough, I don't think that the end result was too bad for me, as I had four players level from that game, including two doubles, a stat-boost and a normal roll. I'll just have to keep reminding myself not to take stupid risks in future games, as one really can't allow Skaven any room to breathe.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:49 PM

Warriors of the Sun tie Wilson's Beard, 0-0.

I doubt I can even describe this game without sounding like Complainer McComplainingson, so I won't except to say that at least nobody was seriously injured, so yay for that. And apparently if I beat Falconeer I still somehow make it through the group. But given the direction this team's luck is heading I look forward to Morg singlehandedly killing my entire team.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 02:50:22 AM

Skara Brae has its first qualifier, Frobozz still wide open. 5 matches to go, I've listed them all in the OP looks like we don't have to worry much about the calendar.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:00:00 AM by eldaec »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 03:47:48 PM

Eldrec, if you see me o steam today give me a yell.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:33 PM

Ermine Vermin   5 - 2   Calidor Fancypants

The bullshit is strong with this one.

7 TDs, 2 of which were single turners, and one TD that included a pickup two squares from the opposite endzone, 4 dodges, 3 blocks, 2 GFIs, 1 pass and a hand off all in one turn.

Also 2 deaths.

(submitted to BBManager under an arbitrary day 8)

Calidor Fancypants | 2 - 5 | Ermine Vermin

Teams
Calidor FancypantsErmine Vermin
Race : High ElfSkaven
TV : 15901470
Treasury : 9000060000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 78
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Calidor FancypantsErmine Vermin
Score : 25
Touchdowns inflicted : 25
Touchdowns sustained : 52
Passes : 33
Catches : 43
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 142
KOs inflicted : 30
Injuries inflicted : 31
Deaths inflicted : 10
Tackles inflicted : 11
Yards gained passing : 7014
Yards gained running : 86140
Ball Possession (%) : 5015
Own occupation: 6930
Opponent occupation : 3069
Note of the match: 18/20
Spectators: 31000

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 01:39:46 PM

I've never actually encountered the one turn score gutter runner in a game before. I thought they were just legends, like Big Foot...
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:34 PM

They are actually pretty easy to deal with. Just don't score touchdowns, then you won't concede so many kick offs.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:49 PM

eldeac, I keep missing you by an hour. Maybe sometime this weekend?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 05:01:20 PM

One step closer to playing Eldaec's rats again...mmmm.  Maybe I'll recover from losing Antoninus Pius and Tacitus sooner than I thought!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final  
Jump to: