Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:58:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final  (Read 20200 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:24 PM

eldeac, I keep missing you by an hour. Maybe sometime this weekend?

Suspect tomorrow will be good, will be online a fair amount.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 02:29:53 AM

Ermine Vermin and Pro Elves have attempted their match.

Locked at 3-3 and with the 7th TD about to go in on turn 12, Cyanide naturally intervened to put a stop to all that awesome.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 02:34:23 AM

Pro Elves for Hoes    ~vs~     Ermine Vermin - game cancelled due to UI.

Game was 3-3, 5 turns left, the skaven had just intercepted the ball deep in their half, and somehow I opened a console. I didn't even know there WAS a console. And I couldn't see anyway to close it. When I tried doing a close command...I exited the game instead.

Replay coming up

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 03:08:06 AM

Its the button on the right of the Spacebar, between the Control key and the Windows key.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 04:14:08 AM

4-2 to the rats on the replay - pretty cool but not quite as cool as the last match, mainly because of the annoying as fuck rain.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 04:22:06 AM

Pro Elves for Hoes 2     ~vs~     Ermine Vermin 4

Due to pouring rain for the entire game, an exciting first half was dominated by the rats in the second when the elves couldn't pick up the ball 4 times in a row. It didn't help me that it made all the rats look like they were on the bridge of the JJ Abrams Starship Enterprise. Engage Lens Flair Generators:

I did level up my star catcher - say hello to SuperStar Princess Luna - Nerves of Steel, Catch, +1 AG, Block, Dodge, Leap, Shadowing MV 8 ST 3 AG 5 AR 7.

15 Matches, 2 MVPs, 20 Touchdowns, 2 Passes, 12 Catches, 3 Casualties, 330 Running Yards

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:32:43 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 10:01:20 AM

Touchdowns scored with 3 games left...

Skara Brae : 6
Frobozz : 22

Just saying.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:49 AM

That Luna girl deserves a foul or two..

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 01:09:43 PM

Falc, hurry up and play your game against Ice Cream so we can see who makes it in our division.  Remember, you can't lose.  Just win or tie, either works great.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 02:43:12 PM

Frobozz mathematics....

For Calidor Fancypants to qualify as runner up:

Must beat Wormfeed by at least five, and Wormfeed must beat Pro Elves.
Combined winning margin of the two matches must be at least ten, also double the Calidor winning margin minus the Wormfeed winning margin must be five or greater.

For Wormfeed to qualify as runner up:

Must achieve one of the following...
Beat Pro Elves and not lose to Calidor Fancypants.
Beat Pro Elves by four or more, and lose to Calidor Fancypants by no more than four plus the winning margin over the elves, also twice the winning margin over the Pro elves minus the losing margin to Calidor must be six or more.
Or tie with Pro Elves, and beat Calidor Fancypants by six.

For Pro Elves to qualify as runner up:

Beat Wormfeed, or tie and hope Wormfeed don't beat Calidor Fancypants by six or more.
If Pro Elves lose to Wormfeed, they will still qualify if Calidor beat Wormfeed and twice Wormfeed's winning margin minus Calidor's winning margin is less than six, and the two winning margins together are less than ten.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:46:41 PM by eldaec »

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #45 on: October 22, 2011, 05:57:22 PM

Go Wormfeed!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #46 on: October 22, 2011, 06:41:39 PM

For the love of God, ICE, beat Falconeer.  I'm begging you.  I can't survive another match against dwarves.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 22, 2011, 10:35:52 PM

First I have to get Falconeer to stop playing Dark Souls or whatever it is long enough to play our match.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 03:05:12 PM

Megrim is in the process of forcing the Fancypants into retirement.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 03:40:38 PM

2-1 to Wormfeed at the end there. All that busted armour certainly didn't do MA any favours.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 03:51:04 PM

I don't think I've ever played a three game stretch like I have with the Fancypants. That 2-1 score doesn't do it justice. My star catcher, with 36 SPP, dead. On the reroll, -1 agility so... also dead. Dead star blodge lineman. Scores of injuries. Double skulls. Four failed GFI. On three one die block occasions, I rolled a skull... only to reroll into a second skull.

Not that there weren't things I couldn't have done differently. I almost never blame just luck. But holy crap, my luck the past few games.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 04:25:21 PM

Warriors of the Sun 3-0 over the Bishoujo Allstars in a relatively straightforward match marred by a misplaced Fireball due to Cyanide's awesome UI. The first game of blood bowl in recent memory where I did not feel like the dice were completely controlling the outcome of the game -- Falconeer hired Morg 'n Thorg, who got things off to a good start for the Skaven, KOing two of my Saurii and generally making life for the lizards very difficult throughout the first half. However, after much skirmishing and countless failed pickups and handoffs and dodges, the Lizards were able to run in a TD on the last turn, having injured the Allstars' only healthy Stormverin in the process.

The second half was more lopsided, as I managed to pile up additional injuries to both Falc's Gutter Runners, leaving him with a team consisting almost entirely of linerats (and a thrower, and Morg) -- I was able to neutralize Morg a little more, and my skinks ran around being skinky, running in two more TDs. The Skaven's last drive, however, managed to place a linerat with the ball two squares from the endzone -- with only a dodge required for the score on the last turn of the game, the rat naturally failed, falling flat on his face and leaving the poor Allstars scoreless in the end.

And then my Kroxigor rolled doubles. Why can't my league team ever have such sensible dice.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 23, 2011, 08:18:41 PM

Aaaand a 2-2 draw against the other Elf team, so I'm assuming that they now go through.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:31 PM

Pro Elves for Hoes 2    ~vs~     Wormfeed 2

Someone work out the maths - who goes to the final? I think I beat Megrim in TDD?

However, revenge will probably be his, because my team is wrecked for the semi final. One star catcher our with -1AV (Only reason I keep him is he has +1 MV, Dodge and Sprint), another catcher out for the next game, and no skill ups.

Only Elf Bullshit saved the match for me, with my 2nd TD only coming about after 5 dodges into 3+ tacklezones by 4 players in one turn. Megrim really should have wn that game, he didn't make a mistake that any normal team could have taken advantage of.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 23, 2011, 08:56:03 PM

Wormfeed will only qualify if they beat Calidor Fancypants by 6 or more. Otherwise Pro Elves for Hoes meet Emperors of the Pitch in the semi final.

Edit:

Oh yes, didn't spot the result of the other game above, pro elves go through on TDD.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:00:59 PM by eldaec »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #55 on: October 23, 2011, 09:16:25 PM

Otherwise Pro Elves for Hoes meet Emperors of the Pitch in the semi final.

And me with only two tacklers left.  Thanks, Falc!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:29 PM

I only have 2 players with dodge, and I've only got 10 players. When you see me on Steam, give me a yell if it's before Thursday.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 08:49:35 AM

Apropos of nothing, feeder league standings impacted by the group stage of the tournament:

Emperors of the Pitch     1   ->   1
Pro Elves for Hoes           2   ->   3
Wormfeed                      4    ->  5
Bishoujo All Stars             5   ->  33
Wilson's Beard                 6   ->  7
Ermine Vermin                8    ->  4
Calidor Fancypants         9    ->  21
Warriors of the Sun        11  ->  6

I was quite surprised that more teams didn't lose more points as a result of these matches, but then, I really have no idea how the feeder league scoring system works.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

In other news, I'm seriously considering hiring a rat ogre ahead of the knockout stages.

I would probably have taken one through inducements playing against Lizards, and again if I meet the Humans.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 02:43:16 PM

1/4 of the Emperors of the Pitch are walking wounded, but he has the numbers over the out-manned and still injured Pro Elves for Hoes. Runvaldt, if you see me on steam send me a yell so we can get a game on.

My monies on the humans - I can't see elf bullshit being pulled off a second time in a row vs a strong blocking human team.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 04:20:12 PM

Well, at least I'm now free to endlessly challenge everybody in the feeder league with my dwarves again, instead of having to wait for the match ups!   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 04:21:07 PM

Because I was looking forward to the bashing of a lifetime from Wilson  why so serious?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 04:20:47 AM

7 causlties, 2 KO's and 1 death. Score 1-0, Humans over Pro Elves.

By the end of turn 4 I had 4 out of 11 elves out of the game but I still was able to stop the Humans making a TD. However, by the end of the first half it was 10 humans vs 5 elves. I still got within 3 squares if a TD, but a failed GFI meant the humans were always in charge and charging in from every direction. No skill ups for anyone in a game were the elves finished with 3 elves left standing and the humans into the finals.

My star level 6 catcher is out for my next game, and one of my blitzers is at -1MV (the apoc would have killed him). Another line elf dead, and a second one fired when he got -1 ST.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 04:32:10 AM

Emperors 1 - 0 Pro Elves

Hell of a match in which Comstar played aggressively from the very beginning by blitzing in his first round and harrying my every attempt to pick up or move the ball.  The elves seemed to dodge at will, but over the course of a block heavy first half my mighty blow blitzers slowly whittled down the elves.  Though I didn't score in the first half I was hopeful for the second due to my numbers advantage.

In the second half I kicked off to Comstar and he made a great effort to play the ball, but I was able to knock his last catcher out of the game and after that it was me versus his blitzers that wouldn't stay down and couldn't fail a dodge.  After some frustrating blocking and running I handed off to my new thrower, ran down the field, stalled for two rounds, and scored on my 15.  

Some terrible injuries for Comstar, I'm afraid.  I was pretty astonished at how well Comstar kept his team in the game in the face of such overwhelming odds there at the end.  I started to wonder if we'd tie and have to play a second game.  Even with all of the casualties there were no level ups for the Emperors.  On to the finals!  Since there aren't any mummies maybe I can actually win this time.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:09 PM

Kind of a busy week for me, eldaec, but if you are around tomorrow (Wednesday) evening then maybe we can get a game in. Err, assuming we're even remotely on the same time zone (I am PST) -- if not we might have to organize something more specific.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 01:18:01 AM

GMT+2, so suspect the weekend will work best.

The Vermin anyway need some rest after running in 16 touchdowns in the group stage.

I'm sure the warriors 4 touchdowns were also very tiring.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 02:39:59 AM

I'm sure the warriors 4 touchdowns were also very tiring.

Yeah. You know how when it's winter, and you go for a walk in the snow, and you get tired real fast because you have to watch your step and the ground is all uneven? It was kind of like that but with all the broken bones and blood of my opponents, instead of snow. Ex-hausting.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 31, 2011, 02:04:07 PM

Looks like we need to arrange for my norse to grind your elves into the dirt as well as making time for my rats to score the fuck all over your lizards.

Some kind of double header once the main league rolls on is probably the best way to do this.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 31, 2011, 02:15:31 PM

That makes sense, yeah, assuming you will be able to play a second game after the first leaves you weeping in despair and humiliation.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #69 on: October 31, 2011, 03:07:39 PM

Well, somebody beat somebody else so I can go ahead and beat either one of you. awesome, for real

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final  
Jump to: