Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final  (Read 20194 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #70 on: October 31, 2011, 03:11:55 PM

I could give you a warmup game against Khemri if you're feeling bored.  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 05:13:17 PM

Also, I took it easy and played Comstar's Pro elves against vampires.

It was moderately competitive and might have been a draw until some bad rolls gave me bloodlust and ended 3-1.

He got 3 levels and his injured stars are back...

Calling all bruisers please rape his team of 4 +1 agi elves  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 03:36:55 PM

Ermine Vermin 3 - 2 Warriors of the Sun

Will write more tomorrow as there was a lot of very cool bullshit, 2 one turn TDs, and a pickup under traffic countless dodges and a gazillion GFIs for the winning TD.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #73 on: November 05, 2011, 03:41:38 PM

The Emperors look forward to defeating the Ermine Vermin again.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 06, 2011, 04:47:03 AM

I've uploaded our semi-final. Quick run down...

Vermin receive the kick-off. They push a lizard out of the way, then pick up the ball and run to the endzone. 1-0 at the end of turn one.

Warriors receive the kick-off, a slow start as skinks have some trouble picking up the ball, but the lizardman team has so many fucking sauri that the rats can't really interfere. While the warriors get control of the ball a skink nonchalantly kills the Vermin Rat Ogre. Apothecary is, as always, useless, and 'The Refrigerator' becomes Ermine Vermin's second Ogre to die on the first three turns of his first match. The Ermine Vermin are now a no Rat Ogres zone. Other rats are not coming off well from blocks, and over the rest of the half five get KO'd. Pinkeye Perkins does briefly get the ball loose with a leaping horned blitz around turn 5, but is then immediately KOd. Aside from that Warriors make continual (if painfully slow) progress downfield and score on turn 8. 1-1 at half time.

Almost the entire Vermin squad wakes up at half time, and Warriors receive the kick off. Very similar start with the warriors attempting to cage up on their left, and a fair number of rats going down to KOs. Only Cheddar Persille decides he is bored of this shit, so he runs the width of the pitch to knock out the skink ball carrier on the LoS. Warriors can't get Cheddar to fall down, and next turn he picks up the ball, makes a handful of dodges and runs in the TD. 2-1

Warriors receive once again, and this time form a stable cage and run in a touchdown on turn 14, 2-2.

Receiving the kick off, Vermin pick up the ball from one square short of their endzone, push a lizard out of the way, and click on the end zone to score. Turn 14 ends, 3-2.

On the final drive, the Warriors push their skinks forward to give them a shot at some two turn bullshit. The rats knock over the best placed reciever skink to force a longish pass, skinks fumble it, Pinkeye Perkins recovers the ball, and throws to Blind Eddie waiting in the end zone, Eddie lives up to his name, fails the catch, and the game ends 3-2.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 06, 2011, 11:24:29 AM

Also, this is probably a good time to start gathering feedback on the tournament.

I liked the small scale sense of focus compared to the other competitions, so I think we have the right format.

Entry needs tweaking - I guess it would be the holders, d&m open champion, and 6 further qualifiers by feeder ranking? For a minimum qualifying number of games we could say 6?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #76 on: November 06, 2011, 05:20:16 PM

How many teams are we looking to put into the next comp?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #77 on: November 06, 2011, 07:45:48 PM

From an outsider's perspective it definitely has been exciting and gives the feeder league something to aim for besides just practice matches and prepping teams to the main league.

If time permits I will definitely be aiming to be participating in the next Masters series!

Numberwise it probably shouldn't be more than 8-10 participants for logistic reasons as well as maintaining interest.

Look out boyos I'm coming to choke!  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #78 on: November 07, 2011, 12:11:01 AM

I would totally keep it at 8.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 07, 2011, 01:24:11 AM

I'm thinking stick with 8.

Other changes we could make might be a double round robin first round, or in the knockout phase have two legged matches, or even a best of 3 series.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #80 on: November 07, 2011, 01:38:43 AM

I don't think I'd prefer double round robin.  I liked the fast-paced and focused nature of the tournament.  A best of three series could be fun though.  Either way, I'll play again in the next one; I'm an addict and three of the teams in the top 10 are mine anyway.    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 08, 2011, 10:54:33 AM

Is it my imagination or are Emperors abandoning Ruvaldt's team to avoid facing the Vermin?

I could have sworn that team had more than 11 dudes last week...

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #82 on: November 08, 2011, 11:11:08 AM

We dropped a wounded lineman so that you wouldn't get a wizard.  Nyah nyah.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 04, 2011, 10:38:57 AM

This shit is now real.

Final being played shortly.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: December 04, 2011, 12:08:54 PM

Emperors take the title 3-2, in a fairly epic match which swung from rat superiority, to an obvious tie, back to the rats, only for the humans to take it at the death.

Ruvaldt also insists that I point out he was a good sport to go for the win when he could have held it up for a tie.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 04, 2011, 12:14:37 PM

You will also be extremely sad to hear that Pinkeye Perkins (Gutter Runner, 18 touchdowns, 57 SPP, 400 yards run, Block, Horns, Dodge, Leap, Side Step) was killed by the sadistic humans.

He leaves a wife and 43 children, he will be missed.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #86 on: December 04, 2011, 12:17:29 PM

A fairly spectacular match.  I think it's worth watching as a replay, really.  I'll be uploading it to BBManager under the Feeder League if anyone wants to have a gander.

Yeah, I'm glad you talked me out of forcing a draw, Eldaec, but I'm sure that's only because I ended up winning it.  I just knew that Cheddar was going to pull off a one-turn score again and I'd be crying in my beer later tonight.  The rats played one hell of a game.

The Emperors are champs!  Caesar would be proud.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #87 on: December 04, 2011, 12:18:20 PM

You will also be extremely sad to hear that Pinkeye Perkins (Gutter Runner, 18 touchdowns, 57 SPP, 400 yards run, Block, Horns, Dodge, Leap, Side Step) was killed by the sadistic humans.

He died on a dodge!  You shouldn't have been running away from my tackler; he only wanted to congratulate Perkins on his upcoming victory.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Feeder League Masters - Grand Final  
Jump to: