Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 01:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Avengers 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Avengers  (Read 77626 times)
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 12:15:38 PM

It'd be pretty cool if he ends up being the central character since he seems to be the most grounded. I haven't read Marvel stuff in years, so I could be way off with that statement.  awesome, for real

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:05 PM

Actually I'd like to see the Avengers entirely through Agent Coulson's eyes.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 21, 2011, 12:32:00 PM

Goodness, I want that.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 21, 2011, 04:00:20 PM

I like the Roxxon gas pump but I don't understand what's going on.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 21, 2011, 04:01:33 PM

I like the Roxxon gas pump but I don't understand what's going on.

It's only part of the clip, the whole thing is 4ish minutes long.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 23, 2011, 10:55:13 AM

Here's the whole thing, if you can get it to run. It hangs on "Processing" for me.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168652-watch-the-full-new-marvel-one-shot-short-film

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:23 AM

Here's another version which does seem to load.

Also, another one shot: The Consultant. Not quite as good but I'm liking that they're doing these.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 23, 2011, 11:22:12 AM

Those are great, more of those please.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 23, 2011, 10:10:40 PM

I really hope they don't run that character into the ground. The charm's still on him, and I think Clark's happy as hell to have a nice steady gig like that, but if it turns into something crazy like his own TV series or something, that might be too much.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 23, 2011, 10:15:42 PM

You know there is a SHIELD movie coming, it's inevitable.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #80 on: October 24, 2011, 04:29:13 AM

The 2nd wasn't as good because it was action characters trying to pull off drama.  It was still pretty good, but the first one set the bar much higher.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 24, 2011, 09:28:19 AM

The Coulson character could work great in an ensemble comedy based on the comic Damage Control. (Old Marvel series about a firm that specializes in cleaning-up after superhero battles, managing insurance policies, etc.)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 09:39:09 AM

Sort of on topic, does DC have it's own version of SHIELD?

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 24, 2011, 12:04:45 PM

Damage Control was a brilliant idea, and I've long wished they did a movie series based on it.

Removed by user. >_<

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:39 PM

Sort of on topic, does DC have it's own version of SHIELD?

Closest thing it has is The Agency/Checkmate, with Amanda Waller being the Nick Fury character.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 12:22:43 PM

Waller is a boss  Heart

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:29 AM

She's been slimmed down and sexed up in the DC reboot.  huh
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #87 on: October 26, 2011, 09:10:38 PM

The Authority? Stormwatch team? It might be a little extreme, but most of those comic books narrations and characters reminds me of Hollywood, most of the time.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:50 AM

Just found out Maria Hill will be appearing, which makes me pretty happy. Now I'm hoping Whedon can wangle a cameo for Special Agent Abigail Brand in there somewhere... after all, she's one of his characters.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 27, 2011, 12:51:11 PM

I though Felicia Day was playing her.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: February 05, 2012, 07:35:26 PM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: February 05, 2012, 11:35:33 PM

My brother-in-law is in this. He plays Thor.

Just kidding. He plays some extra. Hopefully his part wasn't cut. Will have to watch the movie carefully to find out.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 05, 2012, 11:56:32 PM

Fun Trailer.

Archer dude still incredibly fucking lame. I seriously can't get over how lame he is compared to everyone else.

Robot Man, Demi God, Unstoppable Engine of Destruction and ARROW-BRO!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #93 on: February 05, 2012, 11:59:25 PM

Hawkeye isn't any more lame than Black Widow why so serious?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: February 06, 2012, 12:00:09 AM

At least she uses a fucking gun!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #95 on: February 06, 2012, 12:03:41 AM

Yeah but it's so puny! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: February 06, 2012, 05:08:36 AM

I think if I was dealing with super aliens, I might prefer having an arrow with an explosive tip to having a handgun.

I think the problem is that Black Widow and Hawkeye only make sense as covert ops or dealing with an adversary that has street-level punks as well as super-powered creatures at its command. Doesn't look like that's the deal here.

I suspect they're there as perspective characters who will remind the big guys about what it's all about, etc. And I'd wager that at least one of them is there to get killed at a dramatic moment and provide the group cohesion--that's Whedon's style and it's also fairly consistent with the genre. Hawkeye is the sensible choice there--you aren't going to want to pay Renner for a second film anyway, there's no way he's going to sustain a spin-off franchise, and there's plenty of man-candy elsewhere and no other woman-candy.

Then if you do a 2, you bring in some other franchise character that won't utterly bust your FX budget. Giant-Man and the Wasp are probably out for that reason--not just expensive characters but actually keeping very small and very large characters in the same frame with normal-sized ones is a huge challenge if they're meant to be able to relate to one another. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are probably very expensive, have a potentially creepy characterization in several respects, and might even have ownership problems re: the X-franchise. The Black Panther strikes me as pretty viable, though. Maybe the Vision though I think his plot arc is horribly cliched. (Android that wants to be human, etc.)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #97 on: February 06, 2012, 06:00:42 AM

At least she uses a fucking gun!

At least she is Scarlett Johannsen, you mean.

I have never played WoW.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: February 06, 2012, 08:18:01 AM

I suspect they're there as perspective characters who will remind the big guys about what it's all about, etc. And I'd wager that at least one of them is there to get killed at a dramatic moment and provide the group cohesion--that's Whedon's style and it's also fairly consistent with the genre. Hawkeye is the sensible choice there--you aren't going to want to pay Renner for a second film anyway, there's no way he's going to sustain a spin-off franchise, and there's plenty of man-candy elsewhere and no other woman-candy.
On the other hand, Joss Whedon fucking loves killing off female characters.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: February 06, 2012, 08:56:33 AM

To be fair, Whedon likes to create stories that are populated by multiple female characters to start with.

Anyway, if a good guy has to die, the most trope-ful choice would be Agent Fury.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #100 on: February 06, 2012, 11:43:45 AM

On the other hand, Joss Whedon fucking loves killing off female characters.

I think he's killed off about as many male characters as female ones.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #101 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:06 PM

Sam L. Jackson has something like a 7 movie deal with Marvel Studios. He's almost certainly hanging around.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 06, 2012, 05:06:32 PM

Yeah, there's apparently a Nick Fury movie in development.

Though! There's always the Life Model Decoy route...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #103 on: February 06, 2012, 06:29:01 PM

Clearly the movie version is a Skrull.   why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 07, 2012, 07:50:56 AM

Sam L. Jackson has something like a 7 movie deal with Marvel Studios. He's almost certainly hanging around.
Yeah, there's apparently a Nick Fury movie in development.

Though! There's always the Life Model Decoy route...

Oh, sorry. I should have linked this in the previous post.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Avengers  
Jump to: