Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:34:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Avengers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Avengers  (Read 75932 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 06:32:25 AM

Okay, I loved that trailer.  Well, RDJ makes everything better and the other eye candy certainly doesn't hurt.  Captain America being snarky to Tony Stark was great and Tony's reply was priceless.  I'll definitely have to see this in the theatres.

Bruce Banner not being scrawny doesn't bother me, he just looked like a regular guy which is fine. 

Anyone who suggests Shia Lebarf for anything should be burned at the stake.   Mob

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 08:25:50 AM

Maybe I didn't make the ;why_so_serious: big enough...I'll try again:

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 08:34:47 AM

I'm sure LaDouche has already been cast for Avengers 2. It's required they have a different actor in every movie for Banner.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 09:23:33 AM

I'm looking forward to cap and thor fighting for what I assume is leadership of the team.  Expecting a very cool hand luke type win for the cap.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:13 AM

I dunno...I would have liked to have seen another movie for Thor to develop his individual character a bit more.  Seems like they're just rushing to cash in on the fan-boy train by throwing him into a new Iron Man + some other people movie.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 11:26:18 AM

I'm sure LaDouche has already been cast for Avengers 2. It's required they have a different actor in every movie for Banner.
They should work that into the cannon like Doctor Who.

"Me am play gods"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 01:19:28 PM

I dunno...I would have liked to have seen another movie for Thor to develop his individual character a bit more.  Seems like they're just rushing to cash in on the fan-boy train by throwing him into a new Iron Man + some other people movie.

The plan for IM2> Thor> Cap> Avengers was announced back in 2008, so no.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 02:10:59 PM

Something I forgot to mention yesterday was that Tony Stark is wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt in one of the scenes. It's the little things that make me smile.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 02:13:14 PM

You know what I find most interesting ?

That trailer was the CLOSEST we've come in years to the 'Spandex, colourful Superheroes' that we grew up with.

I find that interesting.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 02:16:26 PM

I just wish they had the balls to put Hawkeye in bright purple.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 02:28:21 PM

I'm sure they'll hand him his suit and he'll say "At least it's not purple!" Half the audience will then laugh and half will facepalm.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 06:27:45 PM

Archer Guy is still incredibly fucking lame.

Question for the comic guys, there's nothing actually preventing Tony Stark from making like, dozens of IronMen is there? I mean from a 'technological' stand point. I know he has his own personal reservations with distributing the suit and stuff, but if he was so inclined, anyone could have one of those suits right? He could make enough suits for an entire team of SHIELD Agents or whatever?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:17 PM

Archer Guy is still incredibly fucking lame.

Question for the comic guys, there's nothing actually preventing Tony Stark from making like, dozens of IronMen is there? I mean from a 'technological' stand point. I know he has his own personal reservations with distributing the suit and stuff, but if he was so inclined, anyone could have one of those suits right? He could make enough suits for an entire team of SHIELD Agents or whatever?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_Wars
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:38 PM

Also IIRC Stark makes the Guardsman armor that is used by Vault jailers and such.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47:53 PM

Also IIRC Stark makes the Guardsman armor that is used by Vault jailers and such.

Yeah, IMO the 2nd Iron Man movie nicely addressed that his technology is going to get out sometimes.

*Edit* Being inspired by Armor Wars, etc.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:52:52 PM by Ratman_tf »

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14:14 PM

Anyway vaguely on topic my brother-in-law is in this as an extra.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 02:10:43 AM

BW doesn't look so hot in the movie. Hmmm still confused why they don't replace hulk with giant man or something. Would've been easier to swallow. Hulk is just......a brainless mass of muscles.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 02:17:46 AM

Hulk is one of the original Avengers.  If anything Black Widow and Hawkeye should have been booted for Ant-Man and Wasp.  I think they are going to show up in Avengers 2 though, if they finally get that Ant-Man movie out before then.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 13, 2011, 02:48:11 AM

Hulk is one of the original Avengers.  If anything Black Widow and Hawkeye should have been booted for Ant-Man and Wasp.  I think they are going to show up in Avengers 2 though, if they finally get that Ant-Man movie out before then.

I'm sure that they'll include Ant-Man and Wasp to the delight of geeks and the derision of just about everybody else. I know very little about the comics but they both sound very silly.  Black Widow and Hawkeye are characters I can understand and get behind. Two people who shrink in size? Find the idea hard to take seriously.

Having said that, a while back Production Weekly alluded to the fact that they might appear in one form or another in this film (maybe like the appearance of Hank McCoy in X-Men 2).

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:28 AM

Hawkeye is really incredibly lame. He has a bow and arrow...that's his power? Lol? His outfit is ugly and his personality is grating. He was even the worst part of the recent Avengers cartoon.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 02:58:00 AM

Hawkeye is really incredibly lame. He has a bow and arrow...that's his power? Lol? His outfit is ugly and his personality is grating. He was even the worst part of the recent Avengers cartoon.

Well, yeah, that's as maybe - but you say to me "bow and arrow" and I think, yeah, that's cool, kinda like Rambo, Robin Hood or even Legolas. You say to me "Ant-man" and I'm thinking "Boiling water?"

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #56 on: October 13, 2011, 08:03:22 AM

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 09:50:29 AM

Doesn't Ant-Man also grow to like 50 feet tall?

If you take Green Arrow, then remove all the camp and charm and try to make him 'gritty' you get shitty archer guy from the Avengers here.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 10:39:29 AM

Huh. It's interesting to note that Henry Pym (a.k.a. Ant-Man) was intended as the "other scientist" noted in the Thor movie, that had previous experience with SHIELD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antman#Film

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 01:10:47 PM

Ant-Man is also Giant-Man and can grow, and The Wasp is often written as comic relief or as the reader stand-in.

I agree that "people who can shrink" isn't an exciting super power but at least they have personalities. Hawkeye is just a smarmy douche.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 13, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

There's a line in the latest trailer: "you were made to be ruled". The voice I think belongs to the actor who played Loki, but the sentiment suggests the Kree.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 13, 2011, 10:57:30 PM

There's a line in the latest trailer: "you were made to be ruled". The voice I think belongs to the actor who played Loki, but the sentiment suggests the Kree.
Werent the Kree the main villian in the "Avengers Assemble" animated movie thing they did a few years ago?  Almost exactly same cast and story setup as the current movie series tie-ins, but they put together the team to stop an alien invasion.  I think the only major difference was that Thor was not trapped in asgard, but instead was actively out and about on earth at the time.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 07:28:38 AM

You're thinking of Ultimates, which is where the Marvel movie-verse pretty much comes from. I believe it was the Kree who invaded Earth. Thor was an environmentalist kicking around the world and no one could figure out whether he was crazy for claiming to be the Son of Odin or actually a god on Earth.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 02:32:25 PM

They also made antman a giant dickiscle, that was fun.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 03:04:11 PM

I look forward to seeing how the interaction of the personalities and the team Forming, Storming, Performing, and Reforming will work out for the Avengers films.

Hank's marriage and abusiveness seems to be the main quality that separates him from Tony Stark; they have similar archetypes when you consider the brilliant, arrogant scientist background. Powers are different, sure, but its the personalities and their interaction with each other that people seem to get more of a kick out of seeing. Janet, depending on her implementation, could add a less serious, more love-oriented role to the team that isn't present in the current roster.

The fact Tony / Downey would overshadow Hank / (?) in achievements / acting performance would be good fuel for Hank's anger and feelings of inferiority climaxing with the eventual release of it towards his wife. The reaction of the different characters towards that dysfunctional marriage is the money shot of the subplot.

I noticed none of the initial team members are dealing with any kind of intimate relationships, though Hawkeye and Black Widow haven't been explored too deeply. Any type of character flaw exploration would appear to be through personality and priority clash. The first movie should appeal more to the target demographic as a result.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:10:08 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 03:22:50 PM

Spousal abuse is never going to be included in a summer blockbuster unless it's by the villain.  Sorry to rain on all the marvel geeks parades and what-not but take a step back and think about how colossally stupid that would be. 

Maybe if marvel did a "gritty reboot" like batman begins it might work but the current avengers are anything but gritty.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 11:20:34 PM

I love Whedon (Angry rant from you know who in 3...2...) but I wasn't really looking forward to this. However, the trailer looks quite cool and I'm actually thinking I'll have to see this now.

One thing that's cool is Mark Ruffalo called Ed Norton and got his sign off to take the Hulk role. I am not sure he is up to this role but he seemed alright in the trailer. I have a sneaky suspicion that Cap, Thor and Iron Man will dominate this movie if only because the three actors involved seemed to be the most talented in the cast IMO.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 03:31:57 AM

One thing that's cool is Mark Ruffalo called Ed Norton and got his sign off to take the Hulk role. I am not sure he is up to this role but he seemed alright in the trailer.

Let's face it, he can't be as bad as Norton was.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 09:01:34 AM

I love Whedon (Angry rant from you know who in 3...2...) but I wasn't really looking forward to this. However, the trailer looks quite cool and I'm actually thinking I'll have to see this now.

One thing that's cool is Mark Ruffalo called Ed Norton and got his sign off to take the Hulk role. I am not sure he is up to this role but he seemed alright in the trailer. I have a sneaky suspicion that Cap, Thor and Iron Man will dominate this movie if only because the three actors involved seemed to be the most talented in the cast IMO.

Don't count Renner out, he has acted his ass off in other flicks.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 12:03:30 PM

Renner is going to be AWESOME as Hawkeye, provided they write enough for Hawkeye to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Avengers  
Jump to: