Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Idiot's guide to Legendary items? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Idiot's guide to Legendary items?  (Read 65103 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:39 PM

I've been playing this a bit recently and just got up to lvl 18.  During the course of play I had earned 95 turbine points so I unlocked riding and went and got a Summer Fest horse.  500 silver and a few minutes jumping styles for a nice looking 62% speed horse.

I don't feel like I need a whole stable so this is the horse I'll probably use until I quit the game for new shiny.

If you make it to Moria (i.e. level 50 or so), then you're going to want a goat. The Mines are no place for a pony.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 11:07:39 AM

Where's my Visio diagram of the LI system?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 11:24:37 AM

It needs one.  I bet Turbine has a nice one pinned up to a wall somewhere.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 04:49:16 PM

Why here it is.

Note: this is just the part where you loot LI's, level them up, break them into relics, and then combine the relics into higher-tier relics.
In other words, the parts of the system that I've used so far.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:44 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 08:41:10 PM

5g on top of. All of the faction mounts cost. Prized Thorin's Hall Goat is all you'll ever need.

Is that Miner or Guard rep?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #41 on: July 22, 2011, 08:42:30 PM

Why here it is.

Note: this is just the part where you loot LI's, level them up, break them into relics, and then combine the relics into higher-tier relics.

Is Level 11 a "sweet spot" to break them up? Any others?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 09:21:53 PM

Why here it is.

Anything ending in 1 basically - 11/21/31/etc

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 09:50:56 PM

It was 21 prior to the changes for effort to reward. 31 you get one of the item legacies as a scroll that you can slap on a new LI.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #44 on: July 23, 2011, 08:51:02 AM

I suppose at first it's a good idea to get to 11 so you can get a swath of relics.  Or whatever they are.  I don't really have a ton of LIs.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 05:38:39 AM

11 or 31 is general rule of thumb.  If you want to swap LI's then you definitely want to go the 31 route.

Pre 65 I just nuke @ 11.  @ 65 I tend to go the 31 route - though may sstatr doing 51's so as to snag easy XP runes for when expansion drops.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:40:18 AM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 10:48:54 PM

The XP runes are limited to level 65 items so I don't know that that will help.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:25 AM

I've pretty much just been skirmishing and pvping for tokens hoping I can trade them in for goodies once the expansion hits.

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:19 AM

11 is the sweet spot if you are just grinding relics, 31 is for if you are going for legacy scrolls.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:15 PM

Damn, most of our relics are hitting the 18-20 range, but we've also got a ton more to swap in at some stage. Is 21 still considered a good time to explode them so we can start running them to 11?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:53 PM

21 gets you more actual stuff than 11 does, 11 is just more efficient, so yeah 21 is totally fine.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:46 AM

Remember not to slot any gems/settings/runes in a LI you destroy.  You can only change them out at reforging at 10, 20, etc.

I like this (3rd?) change to the LI system.  Selecting you own legacies is more satisfying.  Plus I like the shard system and this encouraged me to get ride of 15 LI's that were clogging my vault. 
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 07:46:24 AM

If you've got some LI's that are 18-20, you don't have to wait until 21 to deconstruct them.

According to this page, you need less IXP to get a fresh LI from 1 to 11, than it will take to get one from 20 to 21. So if your goal is to get more relics faster, blow up your 18-20 LIs now, and slot some new ones.

edit: blow up the LIs, not the relics o.O

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:24:52 AM by Hutch »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 26, 2011, 11:53:32 AM

Remember not to slot any gems/settings/runes in a LI you destroy.  You can only change them out at reforging at 10, 20, etc.

I like this (3rd?) change to the LI system.  Selecting you own legacies is more satisfying.  Plus I like the shard system and this encouraged me to get ride of 15 LI's that were clogging my vault. 

You can't take gems/settings/runes out at reforges anymore either, though there's a store item to do it.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 02:05:46 PM

Heh, of course.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 07:21:21 PM

To be fair, it's the one high profile thing they did where something formerly a very free, very natural game mechanic was turned into a nickel and dime store item.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:53 AM

Is this the point where I insert my rant?

why so serious?

Probably a good thing I didn't reslot anything into the LI's I'm using when I started playing again. New LI's to start using when we hit 60 in 1.5 levels/6 months. Then, it might take 10 or so LI levels to get them to a usable state.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 05:22:20 AM

Maybe. I dunno, I couldn't get worked up about it. They give you so many relics now and you have more control over what you get. With the old system, I'd probably get pretty annoyed since you were at the mercy of RNG and there was no guarantee that the awesome top tier relic you had was going to be replaced.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 11:24:21 AM

It isn't really worth getting worked up about, yeah. Because you can use shards to turn relics into other relics now you can get the specific exact relic you want anyway, so its not at all a big deal if you used some random level 4 relic in your leveling weapon and can't get it back.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 11:49:54 AM

it's hard to understand why Turbine thinks this new LI grind is positive.  Maybe cash flow positive.  Design wise I thought it was a tenet not to make all players perform a playstyle -- not everyone wants to be a crafter, which is what the LI grind turns you into.   
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 11:54:16 AM

Eh, it isn't like you have to skill anything up to do it? Unless you're talking about the 4th relic slot I guess.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 12:36:21 PM

true and it is voluntary.  I dunno, as a design it's just un-beautiful to me and has too many impacts on the game -- LI's drop off trash, get traded in like so many empty bottles -- that it doesn't work for me in a Middle Earth game.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 28, 2011, 12:43:05 PM

I agree with the aesthetic argument. LIs were nothing like what I pictured and now, even though the system is way better in terms of mechanics, it's too immersion breaking. It's just... out there. It's the single most WoW thing in the game, screaming LOOK AT ME I AM GAME MECHANICS WITH NO WINDOW DRESSING HEY LOOK! It's jarring.

Still, I think they're basically in a corner now on LIs. They can't just make them go away because they're *still* more interesting than Nameless +1% Power Weapon Y. And people do like cycling through weapons. I just wish it had more elegance.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 28, 2011, 12:45:59 PM

Yeah I agree, it is pretty jarring from an immersion standpoint. It is much worse in that sense than any system I can think of in WoW, actually.

I think the worst part of it isn't the mechanical aspect of level this, break down that, etc., etc., it is the fact that 'legendary' weapons drop at a ridiculous rate, and instead of being treated like special heirlooms the vast majority of them are melted down for scrap. This is not really 'right'.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #64 on: July 28, 2011, 01:22:41 PM

To be fair, I don't think the books took into account people setting up apartments and a shopping mall in Moria.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 28, 2011, 03:31:09 PM

We fight the forces of Mordor with the LI system we have not the one we want.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #66 on: August 14, 2011, 03:01:18 PM

Started dinking around with this because, hey, it's free and I've got an account attached to Mines so why not. 

Why am I seeing L65s running around my L9 noob zone inviting me into fellowships? Is this some LI grind thing?

I wouldn't mind if they didn't get all pissy that I won't turn on a microphone when they invite me.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 14, 2011, 04:44:47 PM

No idea. They will get about nothing from a level 9.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 14, 2011, 08:21:50 PM

They might be doing trait deeds. Killing 150 mobs or whatever.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:29 AM

Yeah, that's probably it. Offering you a free deed and some xp to tag along.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Idiot's guide to Legendary items?  
Jump to: