Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:42:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #4  (Read 33749 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: June 03, 2011, 06:24:37 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #4
** All games have to be played BEFORE June 14th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE June 14th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:59:38 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:24:56 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #3

Scores:

Standings (3 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:58:52 AM

PM'd MA to sort out timezones so we can get our match sorted. I think this one is gonna hurt looking at the stats!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:15:52 AM

Megrim, PM me. I have will actually be home this weekend and can work out whatever time except Saturday night.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:16:46 AM

Thank god for orc armor is all I have to say about going up against Strazos. And I hope it's enough. His team is ridiculous.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 08:00:24 AM

PM'd MA to sort out timezones so we can get our match sorted. I think this one is gonna hurt looking at the stats!

You have an advantage in that I am TERRIBLE against lizardmen teams. I know, I  know... I just beat up Drogg. That's, honest to god, only my third win against lizards ever.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:50 AM

Thank god for orc armor is all I have to say about going up against Strazos. And I hope it's enough. His team is ridiculous.

My advice: don't be afraid to 1d block.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Also enjoy your inducements, ZOT is the great equalizer...

My 2 seemingly worst teams to play against are lizards and orcs, and I'm coming up on a lizard/orc/orc/lizard run here.  Hopefully I will learn something!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31:43 AM

Make your time, Falc! Peace Dogs want you!

Seriously, make the time you want to play. I'm on Central US time.  awesome, for real

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 08:35:19 AM

Me and MA about to get our game underway
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 09:02:16 AM

Arg. Look at the team values and tell me I am NOT the punching bag of the league.  why so serious?

At least I got 10k gold from my last match...  swamp poop

I'll be gone for a week after next wednesday.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 10:01:11 AM

I just got thoroughly dismantled by Ulysees, 2-0. It would've been 3-0 save for a fumbled skink catch in turn 16.

He got Morg and whoever the saurus star player is with his inducements. This put him at 8 players with strength of 4+. Since orcs can't dodge, I had to bash. Except, of course, I suddenly couldn't bash. I was completely helpless.

The dice were terrible on my end but that's really only a sliver of the story. I could've rolled well and it wouldn't have helped. I hate lizardmen. Hate them.

Came away with one dead black orc. On the plus side, my back-up thrower I never use leveled up from MVP!  swamp poop
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 10:12:55 AM

Arg. Look at the team values and tell me I am NOT the punching bag of the league.  why so serious?

Tell that to Andy "Da Ringer" Davo.

Now Ulysees has trampled both orc teams in the division. Dark horse!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 10:26:03 AM

The Minizilla's 2 - Team Snoosnoo 0

Giving away a lot of TV let me buy Morgnthorg and Slibli as star players meaning on defence I had 9 str 4 or better players and only 2 skinks for MA to target which in the end proved a bit too much to penetrate and the skinks proved that stunty they may be but the buggers can run. Also nuffle hated on MA this game quite a lot which definately didn't help since the only time I had anything seriously go wrong that I needed to work was on the last play of the match where my skink proved unable to catch a ball that would have made the score 3 - 0.

I lost the toss and was elected to kick first and setup a strong line across the field and hit a good kick to the back of the field. MA marked up my players and moved to pick up the ball some punching ensues and on turn 3 I manage to blitz the ball carrier after MA moved an orc through a tackle zone by mistake leaving himself wide open, the blitz came off and I moved a skink in to pick up the ball and scurry down the field. I manage to put him out of harms way for a turn to punch some orc faces but MA gets 2 players in blitz range and forces the score on turn 5. 1 - 0 The Minizilla's.

I kick again and it is good and with a solid defence run the clock down for halftime. Receiving in the second half I form a cage on my right field and Morg KO's MA's troll who remains out for the rest of the match, I replace a saurus for a skink to give me more handling options, pickup fails occur as normal but are saved by a reroll and after a couple of turns of marking the cage up I run 2 skinks into MA's half ready for a scoring handoff while keeping the cage intact. MA tries to blitz one of the undefended skinks and fails the GFI roll ( a common theme throughout this game) leaving me free to run a skink for a succesfull hand off and move the skink within scoring distance next turn which I am forceed to do as again MA has enough players getting close that it would be dangerous to try and burn time.

I kick off again with a good deep kick and Orcs and Lizards trade blows in midfield but with time running out MA is forced to try a dangerous move running through the midfield with the ball and is hit by a tackle to spill the ball, I scoop it up on the last turn and have a short range pass to hand off to a skink in scoring range who promptly fails the catch and on the last turn of MA's go he suffers an immediate attacker down to end the match.

Casualty report should be 1 dead and a couple of injuries for MA and I got off lighter than I expected and should be full strength for my next match and I think I might have levelled a Saurus to give me 2 with block, only 4 more to go  awesome, for real

Match submitteed in BBmanger
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 11:21:20 AM

Bring on the werewolves!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 11:22:42 AM

Don't forget to send me my royalties, Ingmar!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 11:26:16 AM

Chaos monkies! ATTACK!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 11:54:49 AM

Hit me for my game anytime.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 01:06:00 PM

I'm up vs Lizards too..Lizards with Block...though for once they probably can't afford Morg with the inducements. Though in theory I have enough Guard players now to negate the ST4 blockers.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 01:17:38 PM

See, I went with Tackle as a priority because I was sick of elves. Which I maintain may still be a good idea, but I have only a troll and Freight Train Joe with Guard.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 01:20:21 PM

I like tackle on blitzers and guard on BOs, split the difference. But it depends what your division looks like etc. I actually took an extra tackle guy this season despite having tons already, since there was a lot of dodge on my plate.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 01:33:15 PM

With only 2 skinks to defend your drive personally I would have prioritised trying to kill those guys while protecting your ball on your drive, if you had taken the skinks out I would need a 6 just to pick up the ball so even if pop the ball loose the chances of me doing anything with it anytime soon would be low, there were a couple of times where you could have bashed skinks or blitzed them when you did other moves instead. Also the big weakness for lizardmen is the fact that with agi1 they can't break loose from markers without blitzing so marking them effectively nullifies their speed, doesn't do much if they KO or BI you when they try to get free but at least it's 1 turn where they can't move (it was the thing that Drogg did really well against me and to a lesser extent Sky) but I do think Nuffle was having a chuckle with you today and has done in all the games I have won so far, the results would have been a lot different if the dice didn't fail my opponents at the key moments (which happened to me when I played Drogg and stopped me getting the tie so things do even out some).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 01:49:40 PM

Tiny picture because I am not confident:

here come the norse, bitches!

EDIT: Also, poor Dirk Hardpec! Stop picking on him, you meanies!

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 02:22:20 PM

Dangit MA, I really needed you to hang a loss on Ulysees so that I can make up some points in the standings. Effing ties... swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 02:26:29 PM

For once I'm in first place for my division!  I wonder how long this will last.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:15 PM

Believe me, I had the skinks as first priority. I just couldn't get to them. There was one time that I could've slapped one into dust but I double failed a GFI it...
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 04:46:53 PM

That was almost really, really embarrassing. 1-1 draw between 7 Deadly and The Dandies.

First half was all mine. Bann elected to receive (which is what I would have chosen anyway) and we both fanned our players out, trying to find a weakness in the other's screen. I did a better job of marking his ball handlers than he did of mine, and the dice were very friendly to me - not injury dice of course, but everything else - and eventually the Dandies' ball carrier got knocked down with Sonneillon recovered the ball. Then Sonneillon got knocked down but bounced the ball into the hands of one of my sauruses, Amon. The humans marked Amon up but with some creative chain pushing and good old-fashioned blocks I freed him and sent him towards the endzone for a turn 7 TD. First half ended 1-0.

Both teams at full strength, the second half started with a high kick, placing the ball in the hands of my (possibly formerly) star catcher Pruflas. My sauruses on the LOS were punting humans left and right and a beautiful cage was quickly formed, all set to grind up the field and end the game 2-0. And then, it all fell apart. Nuffle did a complete 180, and my cage dissolved before my eyes. With a blitzer threatening my ball carrier, Asmodeus rushed in to Frenzy him off the field, only to reroll skull/BD into skull/BD. The Dandies handily beat Pruflas down (giving him -1AV in addition to his +1 to injuries - I fear he's not much longer for this world), and then beat Mammon down after he caught the ball (that's three Saurus catches in two games), and ran the ball in to tie it up 1-1.

With two turns left, Sonneillon picked up the ball and handed it off to Magaera, who scampered with some other lizards into a defensive position on the sideline which had been recently vacated by a thrown rock (Best. Fans. Seriously). Unfortunately, I neglected to count squares properly, and on the last turn was one square short of being able to score the winning TD. Pissed that I hadn't positioned myself better, my thoughts turned to causing as many injuries as possible in the last turn. I set up some crowd-surfing chain pushes that didn't really work the way I would have liked, threw a few more blocks, and ended my turn. With my ball carrier on the sideline. Like a retard. Blitz, defender down, crowd throw-in, pick up ball, pass, catch, handoff, catch, run into the endzone was what the Dandies needed to score the winning TD. They failed their roll on the second catch - the very last thing that could have gone wrong. Game ended with the ball on the ground, final score 1-1.

I can't believe I came so close to giving up such an unnecessary TD. Nuffle saved me from losing to the worst turnaround ever, but boy did he make me sweat first.

No permanent damage to The Dandies. Pruflas got -1AV and my other catcher is also missing next game.

edited due to misremembering bits
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:42:32 PM by ezrast »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 05:14:38 PM

Mutiny lost, 4-0. Was never in it, really, but at least no one got hurt and Bolt Vanderhuge the werewolf got MVP.

EDIT: Also, Dirk Hardpec, punching bag, got badly hurt during the game, so the streak continues! He's going to retire to become a farmer one of these days, poor guy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:25:05 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 05:41:56 PM

Was a good game that ended 4 - 0 - first half was all about player removal, with several players dumped off the sides and being punched in the face. I think i  got lucky at points, the wizard shot stunned my bal carrier but then the ball landed in the hands of a str4 elf. Also we had rain in the second half which helped me. All in all, was very happy with that, sadly for Sjofn however, she didnt achive her prematch goal.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 06:21:03 PM

WHAT AN UPSET.

Lizards 2 over Amazons 1. 1 niggling injury for a level 3 skink, one Amazon blitzer out for the next game. The 4 skinks on the pitch became 3, but very careful play by Carinfex kept them out of danger most of the game. A well played run by a skink left me out manoeuvred twice, though the wizards fireball didn't amount to much. The Star player for the lizard;s did well, using Stand Firm to foil my attacks. I wasted my apoc on a misclick, but it didn't end up hurting much.

I was simply outplayed, though I came within 1 failed catch on a 3+ on the 2nd last turn to get a draw. A Skink also gets a skill.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 06:29:18 PM

f lizards
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:38 PM

I'd say we both got outplayed on defense, even if the score doesn't reflect that. I was definetly out maneuvered on the last drive that only failed because of that missed catch.  If you had been a bit less aggressive on defense and used a few of the extra players marking my ball carrier as safetys, I doubt I would have won.  It was a real surprise to me how effective your bashing game was against my lizzies, I'm not used to my sauruses getting knocked around like that.  It was easily the most tense game I've had so far in the league, you forced me to take a lot more risks than I'm used to.  I look forward to seeing you in the playoffs for the rematch.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:20 PM

Tards destroyed 0-2 by the Dippy Mats.

Not much to say, never had a chance to do much between the constant, unrelenting nuffle kicks to the groin. Most double skulls? Check. Most armor breaks? Check. Apoth roll turns a -1MV into dead? Check. Dead Black Orc? Check. Lots of KOs? Nope, all BH's except the Inj and Death. MVP goes to dead Black Orc? CHECK.

Straz played a great game, only a few coaches I've played have positioning down to an art. It would've been a tough game if it hadn't been a brutal one. By the end I was just trying to play like an elf...dodging away and hiding my guys as far from his as possible.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:55:59 PM by Sky »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 09:57:17 PM

So Sky and I were able to get our game in tonight, in prompt fashion.

Going in, my biggest concern was the orc's team strength against my comparatively frail armor. And if that Troll gets going, well... swamp poop

Anyway, Sky elects to kick off first, I scoop it up and trudge upfield with a cage. The first few turns all seemed to get cut short by Nuffle - failed GFIs here, straight skulls there. I was eventually able to consolidate my team along one side of the field, and as I brought the ball up the field Sky was never able to get a block on the actual ball carrier. With the Orcish Horde closing in, I walk the ball in for a TD on turn 8.

Second half, Nuffle proceeds to thoroughly abandon Sky - with mounting casualties, the Norse are able to wrest the ball back and mark down a second TD. Late in the game, after the untimely death of a young Black Orc following a Pile On by my star Beserker, both teams were content to back off and save themselves from further injury.

2 - 0 Win for Diplomatic Immunity - they're finally off the snide and have removed the goose egg from the Win column.

Aside: Sky had a disconnect early in the second half, but thankfully reconnected. However, it seems the BB stats were...bugged, as my replay only shows 7 knockdowns while the actual roll results show something closer to 30 possible knockdowns.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 10:10:28 PM

Hey, this is neat:

(PS: Strazos is being very charitable in his match report imo)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:15:59 PM by Sky »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 10:11:55 PM

So Sky and I were able to get our game in tonight, in prompt fashion.

Going in, my biggest concern was the orc's team strength against my comparatively frail armor. And if that Troll gets going, well... swamp poop

Anyway, Sky elects to kick off first, I scoop it up and trudge upfield with a cage. The first few turns all seemed to get cut short by Nuffle - failed GFIs here, straight skulls there. I was eventually able to consolidate my team along one side of the field, and as I brought the ball up the field Sky was never able to get a block on the actual ball carrier. With the Orcish Horde closing in, I walk the ball in for a TD on turn 8.

Second half, Nuffle proceeds to thoroughly abandon Sky - with mounting casualties, the Norse are able to wrest the ball back and mark down a second TD. Late in the game, after the untimely death of a young Black Orc following a Pile On by my star Beserker, both teams were content to back off and save themselves from further injury.

2 - 0 Win for Diplomatic Immunity - they're finally off the snide and have removed the goose egg from the Win column.

Aside: Sky had a disconnect early in the second half, but thankfully reconnected. However, it seems the BB stats were...bugged, as my replay only shows 7 knockdowns while the actual roll results show something closer to 30 possible knockdowns.

"Knockdowns" in BB game stat speak is actually stun+KO+casualties rather than all knockdowns.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: