Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #4  (Read 33756 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:40 PM

Awww, so just armor breaks. That makes more sense then, seeing as Orcs have strong armor.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 12:54:05 AM

Welp.  Ironwood and I just attempted to play a game, but after the 3rd turn, I was DC'd somehow and couldn't get back on.  The whole game was very laggy to that point, not sure why the gods of the atlantic where picking on us so much.  So if Falc could reset the match so we could play again, it would be appreciated.  Thanks!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 10:30:18 AM

Validated what needed to be validated.

For some reason, Teleku vs Ironwood match stands as unplayed, so I cannot reset it. But you shold be able to play again anytime.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 02:09:15 PM

Very odd.  Today's been all over the shop though - I'll probably get my cunting tomorrow.  That Quarterback is fucking insane.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:48 PM

Necco 2, Gutrippers 1.  Gutrippers scored around turn 5, thanks to a fireball from the wizard that actually worked quite well.  KO'd a wolf and stunned a ghoul, the skink dodged away a bit later for the TD.  Necro team was able to pull off a bullshit play at the end of the half thanks to some fancy blocking by the line to open up a lane for the ghoul to pass to MY FUCKING MAN WHITEMANE for the score on turn 8 to even things up.

Second half left the lizards wizardless, and the gob of god damn MVP thieving zombies went to town setting up blocks to get the advantage on the pitch.  Eventually, Other Wereolf Dude knocked down the skink after a crap roll from Ginaz (one of a few he would have), and the necros proceeded to hug the goal line until the game felt in hand.  Bonus points for the saurus turned zombie in turn 16, I will treat him well and let him stomp often.   Heart
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 10:29:59 PM

2-1 loss against avaia's Necro team.  I used my inducements to get a the lizard star player, a bloodweiser babe and a wizard.  Avaia elected to receive and after a few turns it looked like he might go down the side line for a score.  However, I used my wizard with devastating effect by forcing him to fumble the ball, which enabled my skink to pick it up and eventually run it in for a score.  I don't know what was more surprising, that my wizard worked to perfection or that my skink was able to pick up the ball.  With only 2 turns left in the half, Avaia was able to muster some kind of bullshit pass from his ghoul to his werewolf, who ran it in to tie the score.  Second half saw my luck turn and not only was I unable to score and turned the ball over, but one of my Saurus was killed by, of all players, his ghoul.  So I ended up with 1 dead Saurus, 1 injured Saurus and 1 injured skink.  On the bright side, a saurus finally leveled so hopefully I'll be able to get one of my guys with block.  Oh, and a skink is now lvl 3.  I'd trade that for my dead saurus. ACK!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 10:31:04 PM

Necco 2, Gutrippers 1.  Gutrippers scored around turn 5, thanks to a fireball from the wizard that actually worked quite well.  KO'd a wolf and stunned a ghoul, the skink dodged away a bit later for the TD.  Necro team was able to pull off a bullshit play at the end of the half thanks to some fancy blocking by the line to open up a lane for the ghoul to pass to MY FUCKING MAN WHITEMANE for the score on turn 8 to even things up.

Second half left the lizards wizardless, and the gob of god damn MVP thieving zombies went to town setting up blocks to get the advantage on the pitch.  Eventually, Other Wereolf Dude knocked down the skink after a crap roll from Ginaz (one of a few he would have), and the necros proceeded to hug the goal line until the game felt in hand.  Bonus points for the saurus turned zombie in turn 16, I will treat him well and let him stomp often.   Heart

Guttspillers was last season's undead team.  Slann the Mann is the lizard team.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 10:33:47 PM

Sorry, Slann the Mann indeed.  u mad?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 10:34:59 PM

Avaia must be drinking again.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 10:35:36 PM

Oh, and that fucking ghoul has 2 kills in the last two games,  I think he had a third that was saved by you this match?  It's like Celer's voodoo MB ghoul.  what?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 04, 2011, 10:36:54 PM

Avaia must be drinking again.

Don't judge.  I can't help it if your wife can keep up and you can't.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #46 on: June 04, 2011, 10:39:32 PM

It's because I weigh more than him.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos

Reply #47 on: June 04, 2011, 10:42:32 PM

Boosh - Wicked Burn!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 04, 2011, 10:59:24 PM

Sorry, Slann the Mann indeed.  u mad?

No. Mob
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 11:15:22 AM

Nuffle fucking hates me.

Bell Jar Utd. 2 - Peace Dogs 0

My elves against Falc's Blodgy fucking Amazons. On a very sunny day, I take the kickoff, run a catcher into the opposing half and send my level 3 thrower up the line to toss a long ball to the open receiver. Needing a 4+, I fail the roll (thrower has Pro AND Pass) which would be a sign of things to come. You know those things elves are good at like dodging and going for it and throwing? Yeah, not today. They also weren't any fucking good at blocking. Falc got the ball back, caged up and moved down the field scoring on his 7th turn of the first half. My last turn of the half, I do a little blocking to set up a long bomb for nothing more than the SPP, a block fails, half over.

The second half was worse. I get a blitz on the kickoff (weather doesn't change though) and proceed to get some knockdowns and put the blitzer right under where the kickoff will land. Then Cyanide fucks me in the goatass with its retarded pathing, making a blitzer I moved dodge out of a tackle zone because I tried to change where he ended his movement without cancelling the movement. Of course he fails the unnecessary dodge roll and falls on his ass. My blitzer catches the ball, proceeds to get gangraped and KOed. The ball goes out of bounds, bounces around to land on the side of the field where his chicks aren't but I can't get my people over to it before he picks it up and moves it to the center. He's caged up pretty good but I manage to get a pretty good screen around the cage and start picking it apart. The ball is dropped and on my turn, I am in the perfect position to pick it up. I just need to knock some people down or get some pushbacks or really anything but a turnover on the first block I make. Yeah, that's not happening. Attacker down. FUCK. Still, Falc blows a dodge roll quickly and I'm in position again. I just have to make a blitz against the ball carrier. I choose a both down result even though my thrower doesn't have block, figuring if I knock her down, at least the ball would be loose for another turn. Nope, she has block and I forget that completely. From there, it's just a matter of getting the ball down field and with a few hail mary blocks, I keep him from scoring in 2 turns, but by the 3rd turn, it's open field to the endzone. On the final turn, with nothing to do but try to get some injuries and make a long bomb for points, I turn a 2d block with a blodger into 2 attacker downs. Nuffle makes a campsite in my colon.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #50 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:22 AM

I snagged a win!

Not sure I deserved it (I would say no. No.) but hey it's a win and I needed it like air. Haem reported fairly and extensively. Only thing worth adding is that after about 5 games straight without a single level up, Captainess Sylvia Plath managed to get to level 4 thanks to a TD and the MVP award. This lady got Nerves of Steel ( DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS ).

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #51 on: June 05, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

4-0 to Megrim's elves. About 6 turns in I realized it was hopeless and set out to murder his team. I injured his thrower on the last turn.  awesome, for real

Other than that, my ass got kicked.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 04:16:07 PM

Acherontic Welkin 4 - 0 The Dancing Monkies.

Unfortunately for him, Paelos lost some goats in the opening blocks of the game (and one to the crowd of fans). As such, he had to play men (or goat) down for pretty much the entirety of the match. Which is unlucky because I think my team might have been in a little worse a shape had he the opportunity to throw more blocks.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:47 PM

Beardstorm! vs. Alive Not Dead in ~20 minutes, get your bets in now!

Strazos

Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 06:19:06 PM

Beardstorm losses by 2 TDs, but wins the KO/CAS count handily.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 06:24:01 PM

Hello German opponent,

I am on the steam often when I am home. It is best to contact me there if you want to play this game. If you wish to arrange a time specifically then let me know and I will be arrangable.

Love

Me
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 07:55:23 PM

Beardstorm! over Alive Not Dead 1-0.

Tale of the tape:

Beardstorm! | 1 - 0 | Alive not Dead

Teams
Beardstorm!Alive not Dead
Race : DwarfNecromantic
TV : 17801740
Treasury : 40000800000
Rerolls : 43
Apothecary : 10
Fan Factor : 711
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Beardstorm!Alive not Dead
Score : 10
Touchdowns inflicted : 10
Touchdowns sustained : 01
Passes : 11
Catches : 11
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 135
KOs inflicted : 60
Injuries inflicted : 32
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 124
Yards gained running : 4226
Ball Possession (%) : 6721
Own occupation: 6831
Opponent occupation : 3168
Note of the match: 14/20
Spectators: 29000

Llyse won the draw and elected to kick off. A lot of punching and cursing commenced. I KOed about 6 of his guys, including both wolves (with the deathroller in each case - say hello to Bianca everyone). He managed to wrest the ball away from me and almost score, but a fumbled pass when he had no rerolls saved me (more glorious dwarf passing game shenanigans helped - agi 4 runner ftw). Various pickup and GFI errors followed to round out the half.

To start the second half, disaster struck - of his 5-6 KOed players, only 1 woke up. I was able from that point to play my numerical/guard advantage into pounding his guys enough that eventually I got the ball away from him with only 3 of his guys left on the field, each surrounded by 3 dwarves. If he'd been a worse player (with a slower team) I would have scored before the last turn in hopes of getting some more SPP from injuries on the next drive, but I know better than to give Llyse even a 1 turn opening, so I ran it in on turn 16 for the win.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:59:50 PM by Ingmar »

Strazos

Reply #57 on: June 05, 2011, 08:13:25 PM

...Impressive.

(Though you're really making me wage a losing battle for the league's bashing crown awards)

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 05, 2011, 08:26:26 PM

...Impressive.

(Though you're really making me wage a losing battle for the league's bashing crown awards)

I think we're both losing to Eldaec right now in any case.  Shaking fist

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 09:06:40 AM

Hello German opponent,

I am on the steam often when I am home. It is best to contact me there if you want to play this game. If you wish to arrange a time specifically then let me know and I will be arrangable.

Love

Me
What time zone are you in ? I was a bit busy the last few days and as mentioned I will leave town thursday morning.

Right now I am going to visit my girlfriend, gonna be home in 18 hours from now (noon my time).

Also, for some reason I can't get Steam's autologin into the steam community to stick. So if you should see me posting here, shoot me a PM. Chances are I forgot to click the logmein button (again).

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 06, 2011, 11:30:32 AM

He's in Australia.

- Ingmar, facilitator

Strazos

Reply #61 on: June 06, 2011, 02:05:53 PM

Nice, an 8-hour time difference, and you have 2 days to get it done.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 06, 2011, 02:39:54 PM

Game against proudft. It give me the option of buying a wizard, I lose my Beast on turn 1 and I get caught losing a blitz on a ball carrier because the game didn't show a red disk where my warrior had to dodge out of. I am very very close to just conceding the match right now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:59:42 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos

Reply #63 on: June 06, 2011, 02:47:36 PM

I should watch more replays...

Fear the Backstab!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 06, 2011, 02:55:28 PM

Beetles win 3-0.  SirT did not have a good time, but he stuck it through and probably got some SPP somewhere.  In addition to the aforementioned items (the beast never did wake up from his KO), the stifling heat that showed up after the first TD took out 3 nurgle players to my 1 each time, which was an unnecessary kick in the balls.

Replay is submitted.  I am terrible at remembering injury details, so I looked at the game summary there - it was one pestigor with a pinched nerve, and one pestigor with a fractured skill for the nurgles, as well as one badly hurt for each team.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:59:20 PM by proudft »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 06, 2011, 02:56:59 PM

I should actually score a touchdown next millennium. 3-0 to proudft. One Beastman (my ball picker upper that only got 'sure hands' just before the game) missing next match, another losing one point of AV.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:00:58 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 06, 2011, 04:28:41 PM

What time zone are you in ? I was a bit busy the last few days and as mentioned I will leave town thursday morning.

Right now I am going to visit my girlfriend, gonna be home in 18 hours from now (noon my time).

Also, for some reason I can't get Steam's autologin into the steam community to stick. So if you should see me posting here, shoot me a PM. Chances are I forgot to click the logmein button (again).

Noon your time should be fine for me, I will be around then.

Edit: Around two hours from now, right?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:54:28 AM by lamaros »
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 03:14:23 AM

I am (of course) delayed. My presence is needed here at the university of cologne and playing BB during a lecture is frowned upon.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

edit: this could take a few hours, most likely will.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:16:41 AM by Der Helm »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 03:25:24 AM

No worries. I will probably be available for another hour and a half, maybe two. If you're home before then we can give it a shot, otherwise we'll have to try tomorrow! Morning my time and night yours might work?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 03:37:16 AM

No worries. I will probably be available for another hour and a half, maybe two. If you're home before then we can give it a shot, otherwise we'll have to try tomorrow! Morning my time and night yours might work?
Tell me what time it is for you right now and when you are avaible, then I/we can work something out. So far I played all my games after work between 08:00 and 09:00 my local time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: