Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 04:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 386903 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #665 on: October 06, 2011, 12:49:34 PM

Haha.  Hank Williams, Jr. is gone from MNF.  Talk about bad choices. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #666 on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:11 PM

One down, Jaws and Gruden to go.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #667 on: October 06, 2011, 01:09:20 PM

I think if you removed Gruden, Jaws might be tolerable. But the way those two tag-team knobslobber players just gets IRRITATING. I'd prefer if they got Mike and Mike to do the broadcast with Mike Ditka there for color commentary. That opening day San Fran game they did a few years ago was good.

As for Bocephus,  Facepalm I love how he bitches about his First Amendment rights being taken away. No, Hank, that's not actually how the First Amendment works. You got to say exactly what you wanted to say. The Government didn't stop you, and the government didn't come after you for saying one of the dumbest things on Earth on national television. Just because you CAN say whatever you want doesn't mean you are immune to the consequences, which in this case meant less royalties for you.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #668 on: October 06, 2011, 01:11:03 PM

He certainly increased his entertainment value with that outburst.   ACK!
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #669 on: October 06, 2011, 01:34:52 PM

Haha.  Hank Williams, Jr. is gone from MNF.  Talk about bad choices. 

I don't know if he was souped up on something of a pharmaceutical nature, or he's just a plain 'ol fashioned doltish moron, but that was a sorrowful exhibit that even left the fox-bots gahing.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #670 on: October 06, 2011, 01:58:54 PM

That dude is permanently pickled.  He doesn't need to be souped up for anything crazy to come out of his mouth.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: October 06, 2011, 03:18:33 PM

I think if you removed Gruden, Jaws might be tolerable. But the way those two tag-team knobslobber players just gets IRRITATING. I'd prefer if they got Mike and Mike to do the broadcast with Mike Ditka there for color commentary. That opening day San Fran game they did a few years ago was good.

As for Bocephus,  Facepalm I love how he bitches about his First Amendment rights being taken away. No, Hank, that's not actually how the First Amendment works. You got to say exactly what you wanted to say. The Government didn't stop you, and the government didn't come after you for saying one of the dumbest things on Earth on national television. Just because you CAN say whatever you want doesn't mean you are immune to the consequences, which in this case meant less royalties for you.

You're exactly right about Bocephus, but Ditka chops his sentences up too bad when he gets excited. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #672 on: October 07, 2011, 07:36:25 AM

When is Ditka NOT excited?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #673 on: October 07, 2011, 12:44:41 PM

Ah.  That's what it is.  I thought he was just dumb.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #674 on: October 07, 2011, 12:45:37 PM

With Ditka, it's one too many disco biscuits to the head.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: October 09, 2011, 01:11:55 PM

We will know how good the Giants are by halftime on Sunday. If they aren't beating the shit out of the Seahawks by then, they are a joke.

Well, that is for sure.  They will though.  The Seahawks are terrible.
awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #676 on: October 09, 2011, 01:15:14 PM

Oh man!  awesome, for real

After all the shit-talking this week, the G Men laying that egg is just delicious.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #677 on: October 09, 2011, 01:15:52 PM

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #678 on: October 09, 2011, 02:11:11 PM

Wow, the Seahawks must think they are a football team or something.  Also glad Philly lost.  WHAR DREAM TEAM WHAR.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #679 on: October 09, 2011, 02:45:34 PM

I hate the Eagles SO MUCH...the sorrow on Facebook is so delicious.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #680 on: October 09, 2011, 02:50:57 PM

I hate the Cowboys like all right-thinking Americans, but I really, REALLY fuckin' hate the Eagles. Them losing helps me ignore the Giants being shitty this weekend.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #681 on: October 09, 2011, 03:01:58 PM

I hate the Cowboys like all right-thinking Americans, but I really, REALLY fuckin' hate the Eagles. Them losing helps me ignore the Giants being shitty this weekend.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Best bye week EVAR.  Yahoo!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #682 on: October 09, 2011, 03:09:58 PM

Bucs are self-destructing. What happened to their defense?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #683 on: October 09, 2011, 03:12:45 PM

Bucs are self-destructing. What happened to their defense?

Jet lag?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #684 on: October 09, 2011, 03:25:42 PM

Playoffs bound.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #685 on: October 09, 2011, 04:16:36 PM

The Tim Tebow era has begun awesome, for real
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: October 09, 2011, 04:22:17 PM

What, what?  I thought our lord and savior was 3rd string? 
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #687 on: October 09, 2011, 04:23:25 PM

Palm Sunday: The Sequel!

You all know what happens next...

edit: And wtf Indy? Seriously??  ACK!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:34:37 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #688 on: October 09, 2011, 04:45:33 PM

Best bye week EVAR.  Yahoo!

God Save the Horn Players
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: October 09, 2011, 05:50:26 PM

Looks like the Bills might be for real this season.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #690 on: October 09, 2011, 06:29:57 PM

He didn't do too badly, all things considered. 
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #691 on: October 09, 2011, 11:37:51 PM

Bwahahaha!  Suck it Giants!

Note to Eagle's opposing teams:  It's fine if you beat them, but please stop intercepting so many Vick passes (especially those pick-sixes).  I don't think you realize that you are adversely impacting his Fantasy production.  Thanks in advance!

Also, I think I can explain the Tampa Bay defensive meltdown.  See, both my Fantasy defenses were on a bye week, so I traded Dallas DEF to specifically grab Tampa.  They were going to play the 49ers after all, and we all know how miserable an offensive unit they are, right?  RIGHT?!

Speaking of Dallas, did Tony Romo manage to do anything stupid during his bye week?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #692 on: October 10, 2011, 06:02:13 AM

Speaking of Dallas, did Tony Romo manage to do anything stupid during his bye week?

No he just got skewered by the press for simply existing.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #693 on: October 10, 2011, 07:52:04 AM

What a fucking weekend in the NFL.

All right, Cam Newton is a for real NFL quarterback. I don't have any explanation for it, because I was sure the kid was all hype. But apparently, he really is pretty damn good. I will say the Saints defense isn't great, but he made a game of what I expected would be a blowout. His first pass gets picked and returned almost for a TD, but instead of melting down, he has a decent game with a team that can't really be described as good. If Carolina's defense was halfway decent, this could be a 4-1/3-2 team.

Hey Denver! Welcome to the Vince Young Tim Tebow era! Prepare to suck hard while trying to teach him how now to scramble at every opportunity while he overthrows, underthrows and generally misses throws to two good wide receivers. I feel bad for Kyle Orton. He never gets a fair shake anywhere he goes. I blame their suckiness last year on that overrated hack Josh McDaniels, who is now trying to ruin Sam Bradford's career. I expect Tebow to end like Vince Young. He can win, but no one will be able to figure out how it happens. And he will not be a Super Bowl QB.

Damn Pittsburgh. Save some for next week before the Rapist snaps his ankle off.

Oh Philly fans. How does the reaping taste? Tastes like dead dog stewing in the sun, don't it? How long before you run Vick out of town on a rail? All of us football fans who hated you for signing him are loving this shit right now. Amazing how many INT's $40 million can buy. SUCK IT SUCK IT SUCK IT.

What was that about the Giants? Oh right, THEY SUCK. The Seahawks made you make the Eli face. On a positive note, Victor Cruz may actually be a decent wide receiver.

Green Bay. Goddamn. You found some defense after spotting the Falcons 14 points. I worry a little bit about the tackle situation if Chad Clifton is out for any length of time (Sherrod seems to be struggling a bit and Newhouse isn't a starter), but Rodgers finds a way to win. Starks looks really good as a change-up back for Ryan Grant (and let's face it, Stars will be the starter eventually). This was a tough game. Atlanta needs something. If Julio Jones hamstring is serious, this team is in trouble. They don't seem to have a real grip on what they want to do on offense. Their defense is BAD. They got some decent pass rush against Rodgers when Clifton went down, but their corners are suspect at best, and nothing on the defense scares anybody.

The New York Jets are a team in FREE-FUCKING-FALL. They can't run the ball for shit. I thought it might have just been the lack of Mangold at center last week, but even this week, they couldn't run consistently, or keep any drives alive. They are getting behind and having to rely on Sanchez and he's continually proving what I've always believed about him. He's a game manager at best. He cannot carry a team no matter who he has catching the ball. Without a running game, he's going to fail. They'll be lucky if he throws more TD's than INT's in a season. And yet, I still think they make the playoffs because the AFC is a goddamn wasteland.

San Francisco is suddenly looking like a real team. WTF? They don't even have to be that good to win that division, but they have a defense and Alex Smith is looking like a competent game managing QB. Better hope Frank Gore doesn't go down.

Looking at the playoff picture, New England is a lock, San Diego is almost certain to win that division and nothing else is really clear. Both the Steelers and Ravens are inconsistent, Houston and Tennessee will fight out for that division, and Buffalo and the Jets are second fiddle to the Pats. Those six teams are going to be fighting for 4 playoff spots. As for the NFC, Green Bay and New Orleans are locks. Detroit is likely a wild card and it now looks like San Fran will win that division outright. The East is a fucking mess. Whoever wins that division will be the team that fucks up less, and that could actually be Washington. Whatever happens, the wild card won't come out of the East. It's probably Atlanta or Tampa, depending on which one can solidify their defense quickest.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #694 on: October 10, 2011, 08:16:14 AM

I can't in good faith pick Atlanta as an NFC wild card after going to that Packers game last night. Nobody can win consistently with their trench problems on offense and defense. Matt Ryan is running for his life, and Rodgers might as well have had a lounge chair and an umbrella drink in the pocket.

Anybody who has a sense of these things is jumping off the following bandwagons: Atlanta, NY Jets, St. Louis, and Philly. I don't think any of those teams have a chance at the playoffs.

The following bandwagons are getting new members after this week: Buffalo, Cincy, Lions, and 49ers. All have big upsides in their divisions and legit shots at the playoffs.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #695 on: October 10, 2011, 08:28:21 AM

Anybody jumping on the Cincy bandwagon should go jump in front of a bus instead. This is a terrible team with a rookie QB. Granted, he looks to be a good rookie QB and AJ Green might be a good wideout. But this team is going to be a bad team. They beat a BAD Jaguars team, and got lucky against the Bills, who probably aren't as good as everyone wants to make them. The Lions and 49ers I'd agree are legit shots at the playoffs. I still think both Atlanta and the Jets can make the playoffs, but I don't see them getting very far.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #696 on: October 10, 2011, 08:52:57 AM

Cincy's division is highly questionable though.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #697 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:33 AM

Cincy's division is highly questionable though.

I believe it is Baltimore's to lose.

Steelers may well snag a wildcard primarily due to soft 2nd half schedule -- outside of a 2 game stretch where they face off against Baltimore and New England (both at Heinz Field), the rest of the slate is filled with the likes of Jacksonville, St. Louis, Arizona, Cleveland X 2, Cincinnati X 2, Kansas City and San Francisco (visiting, may be tougher matchup than originally envisioned, given the solid start, but I am not convinced yet).

Max Starks, after a season of inactivity, and laying on the couch + 3 days of practice, performs like an O-line star and Ben throws 5 TD passes against what was coming in to the game, one of the top rated defenses in the league. Defense, after looking ragged and tired, plays an exceptional game, even minus Harrison and other starters.

But it a game of emotion and fortunes ebb and flow on a weekly basis. I would not be surprised if Steelers went into Jacksonville next week and flounder miserably against a team that, by all sensibility, they should beat handily.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #698 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:59 AM

The following bandwagons are getting new members after this week: Buffalo, Cincy, Lions, and 49ers. All have big upsides in their divisions and legit shots at the playoffs.
Niners vs. Lions -- game of the week awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #699 on: October 10, 2011, 10:08:26 AM

I believe Baltimore is too old and their offense is not great.

Pitt probably backdoors that division (Rothlerapist joke) and Cincy gets a wild card going 10-6. I believe they can get 8 wins easily and maybe steal a split against the Ravens or Pitt, then beat either Arizona or Houston.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: