Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 387706 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #595 on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:19 AM

Stafford should have a clause banning him from masturbating due to the stress on his shoulder.

In more Philly hate news, I felt nothing but sweet sweet victory at watching Vick during his press conference answer the (admittedly) dumb question "How does it feel to have lost 3 games?" The frustration on his face was delicious. Of course, he can to bed on his pile of millions and feel satisfied that it wasn't him that caused them to blow a 20 point lead against Alex Smith.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: October 03, 2011, 11:32:42 AM

I have to confess that I was impressed by Vick in the press conference.  He did a good job in the game and still took the fall as the leader of his team.  Romo could learn a thing or two from Vick in that regard.  Wow... I never imagined I'd say that Vick acted more humble and mature than Romo in a press conference.  Vick does seem to be accepting the leadership role well.  For good and bad.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #597 on: October 03, 2011, 02:14:06 PM

Vick has had a lot of growing up to do.  I've been very impressed by him in all regards, even if it is mostly lip service.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #598 on: October 03, 2011, 02:38:37 PM

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to watch tonight's game. Tampa isn't great, but can anyone convince me that the Colts will be competitive without Peyton?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #599 on: October 03, 2011, 03:18:31 PM

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to watch tonight's game. Tampa isn't great, but can anyone convince me that the Colts will be competitive without Peyton?

I can give it a shot. Tampa's offense is pretty average. They don't really run the ball, and they don't really pass for that many yards. They get the job done on defense and special teams putting them in advantageous situations. Also, they are vulnerable to a running attack.

The Colts are getting progressively used to the idea Peyton's not coming back. Their first loss was a disaster, the second was by 8, and the third was on a last second field goal. You can certainly believe they are ready to compete against a Tampa offense that walked away with a win by playing a bad Atlanta team that couldn't get out of his own way.

In fact, I think they CAN win. Will they? If they don't turn the ball over, I say yes!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:22 PM

I won't watch it, but will check in from time to time.  Vodka Collins still has some football in him.

Also, Romo should not be the starter for Dallas next year unless he completes the season with consistency.  I mean, how many years can Dallas wait for him?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #601 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:13 PM

Judge Romo when he's uninjured, and has both Dez and Miles in the game.

Then we'll see how the Cowboys look. Thank God we get a bye this week. We need it.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #602 on: October 03, 2011, 04:19:00 PM

I think I have to watch tonight's game just to see my fantasy team absorb another bad loss.

-Rasix
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #603 on: October 03, 2011, 07:02:20 PM

Who the fuck is Curtis Painter and where did he come from?   ACK!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: October 03, 2011, 07:04:55 PM

Who the fuck is Curtis Painter and where did he come from?   ACK!

A guy with the easiest job in the world.  He's been backing up Manning for the last 3 years. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #605 on: October 03, 2011, 11:19:04 PM

Judge Romo when he's uninjured, and has both Dez and Miles in the game.

Then we'll see how the Cowboys look. Thank God we get a bye this week. We need it.

Sorry, but we've seen it.  Injured Tony seems to be better than uninjured Tony.  And as a trio, they've accomplished exactly jack and shit.  Last but not least, fuck the Cowboys.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #606 on: October 04, 2011, 06:02:19 AM

That's fine, write off a 2-2 team going into a bye and getting healthy. We shall see how that goes.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #607 on: October 04, 2011, 06:35:40 AM

And now the delusional Cowboys fan come out to play.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #608 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:53 AM

And now the delusional Cowboys fan come out to play.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Not delusional, just looking at a division where your main competition is two teams who are only one game ahead of you and EXTREMELY shaky on offense as well.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #609 on: October 04, 2011, 06:59:22 AM

I actually think the Cowboys could potentially still make the Superbowl.  It's not a death spiral they're in.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #610 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:15 AM

Fans and media always overreact in the NFL. Mondays and Tuesdays are so full of "best ever"  and "worst ever" shit it makes it almost unwatchable.

There are several teams that people are jumping off the bus on after this week. The Falcons, Cowboys, Jets, and Steelers are amongst those on the list. Yet, every single one of them is 2-2. Most of them are in the top 15 in offense (with the exception of the Jets). Three of them are in the top 10 in defense (the Falcons aren't).

These are all good teams with some bad games and injuries, or a major question mark in one area. For the Falcons and Steelers, it's the O-Line. For the Jets and Cowboys, it's the QB. They can all make the playoffs, but I have a hard time saying they would get to the Super Bowl with those questions hanging out there.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #611 on: October 04, 2011, 07:42:44 AM

It's so early in the year.  Even the Eagles could pull it together.  A 10 win team can conceivably make and win the Superbowl. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #612 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:06 AM

I'll go out on a limb and say the Cowboys won't make the playoffs and it'll be because of Tony Romo. That's not a hard prediction. Of the 4 teams you mentioned, I think they are the most vulnerable to just being TERRIBLE despite all the talent on the team. Romo is a talented QB, he just can't stop stepping on his own dick. And he's got a terrible O line as well, which is going to make him get the happy feet. When he gets happy feet, he makes really great passes and really bad decisions. He's Raplisberger and Favre without the consistent poise. Their schedule is spotty. After the bye they play New England, St. Louis, Philly and Seattle. Two of those games are winnable, and depending on which Philly team shows up, three wins is a possibility. But you know they'll find a way to lose against either the Rams or the Seahawks.

The Jets are in trouble, though. Sanchez is exactly what I keep saying he is - an inconsistent QB with a good arm. His accuracy is for shit, especially when he's pressured or excited. Their next three games are AT New England, home against the Dolphins on Monday night and home against San Diego. It is not out of the realm of possibility that they lose to both the Pats and Chargers, and then they are in a world of hurt going into their bye. They can't run the football (or choose not to, which may be worse) and Sanchez is not consistent enough to win against good defenses on his own. If they stumble against Miami, it gets really ugly. They could go into the bye 2-5. That would be BAD. They have got to sort out their O line issues right quick. They CAN beat New England, but only if they pound the ball and take possessions away from Tom Brady.

I think the Falcons are good enough to make it to the playoffs, provided they remember to run the ball and get their defense sorted. Their defense and O line is what's killing them now - and Roddy White's sudden case of the dropsies. Will 10 wins get them in the playoffs? It's possible but only if Tampa starts to falter.

The Steelers I'm least worried about. Their defense is getting old, the Rapist has a hurt ankle, but they showed last year they are still a force to reckoned with even if the Big Boy can't play.

I think the X-Factor in the NFC right now is the goddamn Giants. This is an AWFUL team at 3-1 - terrible injuries, no names playing in key skill positions, weak in the secondary. They beat the Eagles because their defensive line manhandled the opposition and the Eagles defense are shitty tacklers.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #613 on: October 04, 2011, 11:36:58 AM

They aren't the worst 3-1 team though! why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #614 on: October 04, 2011, 12:31:21 PM

Go Niners!  awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #615 on: October 04, 2011, 12:32:13 PM

They aren't the worst 3-1 team though! why so serious?

The Niners, and the Titans are fighting for that honor.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #616 on: October 04, 2011, 01:14:30 PM

The Titans have both a running back AND a QB. The Niners are missing one of those.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #617 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:46 PM

Who is the Titan's quarterback?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #618 on: October 04, 2011, 01:36:21 PM

Hasselback. When he's not injured, he's actually having a really good season.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #619 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:05 PM

The Titans have both a running back AND a QB. The Niners are missing one of those.

I'd say that won't matter. Both teams are almost guaranteed to be 3-3 after their next two games.

The 49ers have to go against Tampa's defense and the Blount Object, and Stafford's Comeback Lions.

Tennessee is facing a pissed off Steelers team who got embarrassed this week, and Houston who is just going to run them right the fuck over.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #620 on: October 04, 2011, 01:47:13 PM

The 49ers run defense is very solid, I'd say they have a chance to beat TB. I expect to lose to Detroit though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #621 on: October 04, 2011, 01:52:01 PM

The 49ers run defense is very solid, I'd say they have a chance to beat TB. I expect to lose to Detroit though.

Normally, I'd say the spread would be -7 for Tampa, but it's in SF so I'm going to guess Tampa -3.5 without looking.

EDIT: Heh, SF -2. I'm betting against that right now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #622 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:43 PM

Hasselback. When he's not injured, he's actually having a really good season.

Ah, I'd forgotten about him going to the Titans.  Yeah, he can be decent. 
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:21 PM

I think the X-Factor in the NFC right now is the goddamn Giants. This is an AWFUL team at 3-1 - terrible injuries, no names playing in key skill positions, weak in the secondary. They beat the Eagles because their defensive line manhandled the opposition and the Eagles defense are shitty tacklers.

Hooooooldon.

Statistically, right now Eli is sitting at 104 WBR sitting right behind the ungodly Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.  3rd best in the league sir.  Suck it haters.

Let's address the no name part.  Bradshaw, while not elite, is certainly not a no-name back, 1200 yards last year in his first year as a starter while splitting time.  Nicks is a premier wide receiver.  Our #2 and #3?  Meh. Manningham is a empty headed idiot, and Cruz is an up and comer when could still be classified as a flash in the pan.

Our secondary isn't bad honestly though we did lose our best CB in the preseason.  I would rate it middle of the pack right now.

So you can take your hate, for now, and stick it up your ass.

P.S.
Cowboy fans are delusional.  

edit:
On the Titans: Chris 2k Johnson has how many yards so far this entire year?  Uhhuh
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: October 04, 2011, 06:59:19 PM

What the fuck is a WBR?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: October 04, 2011, 07:37:21 PM

Oops: QBR - Quarterback Rating
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #626 on: October 04, 2011, 07:50:05 PM

That's the old passer rating, not QBR:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7050006/nfl-week-4-total-qbr-season-leaders

He's 8th in QBR, which is still pretty good.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #627 on: October 04, 2011, 07:58:58 PM

Ohhhhhh the Giants fan gets 3 wins and they are world beaters, folks! Eli 4 Prez!

Make sure that O line doesn't kill him before your bye week.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:53 PM

Ohhhhhh the Giants fan gets 3 wins and they are world beaters, folks! Eli 4 Prez!

Make sure that O line doesn't kill him before your bye week.

Says the fan of the team whose QB's lung got punctured.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: October 04, 2011, 08:07:30 PM

That's the old passer rating, not QBR:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7050006/nfl-week-4-total-qbr-season-leaders

He's 8th in QBR, which is still pretty good.

I heard about that and it's interesting but I always put it off as a gimmick ESPN is trying to get their name in somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: