Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 387739 times)
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:57 PM

What was wrong with your center lineman tonight? Like 3 or 4 totally fubared snaps to your QB.

He was shit last week too.  And shit route running by ogletree almost f'd us as well, with the D playing that well it should have been a blowout.  Oh well at least our kicker was great this week.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: September 27, 2011, 04:00:34 AM

Like, if it was ONE bad snap, fine, nerves or whatever.

But again, then again, then AGAIN. What the shit dude, you have ONE job!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #562 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:22 AM

Rumor has it that the Skins were calling out the cadences on the line and fucking him up. Now, that's a penalty, but the refs have to hear it, and none of them are going to be close enough to the play.

Still, that has nothing to do with the fact his snaps were low and wide.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #563 on: October 02, 2011, 11:15:50 AM

Can't help but feel that Houston not putting Pittsburgh away with a ton of stupid penalties might come back and bite them in the ass in the second half. Wow. Just so many braindead decisions.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24:38 AM

Can't help but feel that Houston not putting Pittsburgh away with a ton of stupid penalties might come back and bite them in the ass in the second half. Wow. Just so many braindead decisions.

It was nice to watch Ben get mauled like most of his dates do, though.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24:45 AM

Especially the icing on the cake to ruin a beautiful blocked FG attempt.  Absolutely stupid.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: October 02, 2011, 12:13:07 PM

I don't know how the Browns beat the Dolphins, they are a bad team.  Browns couldn't hold on to a ball if it was dipped in glue .
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: October 02, 2011, 12:19:57 PM

I don't know how the Browns beat the Dolphins, they are a bad team.  Browns couldn't hold on to a ball if it was dipped in glue .

Pretty sure the local pee-wee team could beat the Dolphins.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #568 on: October 02, 2011, 12:22:12 PM

Dolphins = completely disfunctional

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: October 02, 2011, 12:22:38 PM

Pretty sure the local pee-wee team could beat the Dolphins.

You mean Kanasas City?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #570 on: October 02, 2011, 01:01:32 PM

LOL Bungles upset the Bills.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: October 02, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

OMG LIONS! 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: October 02, 2011, 01:23:15 PM

OMG LIONS! 

Maybe Barry will come out of retirement to get a ring!!!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #573 on: October 02, 2011, 01:23:54 PM

Romo giveth, and he taketh away. Horrible mistakes.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: October 02, 2011, 02:04:12 PM

Love Johnson's nickname "Megatron" even if I don't get the reference.  Lions were down 20-3 at the half, they DO like to make it interesting!  This kitten has claws!

KC beat Minnesota.  Looks like McNabb is going to have a Viking eral.  That's 'funeral' without the fun.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: October 02, 2011, 02:07:25 PM

I will cheer when Minnesota let's Ponder start. 

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #576 on: October 02, 2011, 02:50:13 PM

OMG LIONS! 

Maybe Barry will come out of retirement to get a ring!!!

He would still be a badass. 
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #577 on: October 02, 2011, 02:56:57 PM

I am so happy the Eagles are throwing their season away, and in such painful fashion too.

Unfortunately, most of my friends are rabid Eagles fans, so I don't get to say this anywhere else. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #578 on: October 02, 2011, 03:17:12 PM

The lesson here is that if I pick a team to win the Superbowl you should not put any money on them.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: October 02, 2011, 04:08:01 PM

Got to watch the beloved Packers on TV today because the game was on CBS (only get ABC and CBS).

Their defense is surprisingly like swiss cheese but man, is Rodgers the real deal.

That stupid tip that turned into an INT was pretty much the only mistake he made all day.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: October 02, 2011, 04:31:15 PM

Tony Romo continues to be a cocksucking choke artist.

Paelos knew more than most people realized.   He said this almost a month ago.

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #581 on: October 02, 2011, 04:55:36 PM

Romo's only one problem of the bigger issues with the Cowboys. He can be awe-inspiring in his play, and jaw-dropping in his poor decisions.

The defense is shaky and takes terrible penalties. They give up way too many big plays. The offense is playing hurt in several key positions. We need a bye week badly.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #582 on: October 02, 2011, 05:23:55 PM

Tony Romo continues to be a cocksucking choke artist.

Paelos knew more than most people realized.   He said this almost a month ago.

I thought most people knew this several years ago.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And in other news, the Lions look almost decent. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:19:01 PM by ghost »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #583 on: October 02, 2011, 08:44:58 PM

Goddamn, Dallas you suck. Also, the Eagles. Suck it down. If anyone deserves to lose after spending shitloads to build a dream team, it's you.

The Packers defense wasn't great, but let's face it, they shut the Broncos down enough to give the ball to Rodgers. He was goddamn lights out today. Is there any set of 5 wideouts that are better than what he's throwing to right now? Even the rookie Cobb could start on other teams.

I had to stop watching the Jets/Ravens game. That was fucking embarrassing shitty slopass football.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #584 on: October 02, 2011, 08:51:47 PM

49ers, worst 3-1 team ever. But I'll take it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #585 on: October 02, 2011, 09:24:33 PM

Worst offense in the league scored 21 unanswered points awesome, for real
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #586 on: October 02, 2011, 10:35:49 PM

Every time the Eagles AND the Cowboys completely fuck up and lose, it's the best football weekend ever. And if the Giants ALSO win? Double rainbows, baby, all the way across the sky.

God Save the Horn Players
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:20 AM

Except FUCK the Giants.

Man, Detroit sure has some good karma working for them these days...and God knows they deserve it.  Calvin Johnson is also stupidly good at those jump ball situations.  It would almost be better to just automatically commit PI against him and give them the ball on the 1.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #588 on: October 03, 2011, 05:21:14 AM

Even the rookie Cobb could start on other teams.

He's going to end up being very good.  He was the entire Kentucky team last year. 
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #589 on: October 03, 2011, 05:56:23 AM

I will gladly eat my 7-9 prediction for the Lions this year...They are doing what they haven't done in ages (besides win), and that is win close games. They seem to have that killer instinct now that they have sorely lacked. They also have a defense that, once they wake up at halftime, can put some serious pressure on a QB. They are playing strong football.

Also, they could still easily end up 7-9. I've been burned by the Lions for so many years it's still hard to accept victory.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: October 03, 2011, 08:07:04 AM

Just saying, Eli manning currently has the #3 QB rating for the league after four games.  awesome, for real

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: October 03, 2011, 08:07:19 AM

The Lions scare me because they have a really good defense in general.

Since the Packers still have not really learned how to play solid D this season, that could be bad.

WayAbvPar

Reply #592 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:42 AM

I will gladly eat my 7-9 prediction for the Lions this year...They are doing what they haven't done in ages (besides win), and that is win close games. They seem to have that killer instinct now that they have sorely lacked. They also have a defense that, once they wake up at halftime, can put some serious pressure on a QB. They are playing strong football.

Also, they could still easily end up 7-9. I've been burned by the Lions for so many years it's still hard to accept victory.

Their penchant for falling way behind and then coming back will eventually bite them in the ass. If they can start faster, they are going to be real trouble all season. And they are damned fun to watch, which makes Thanksgiving games that much more interesting (finally).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #593 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49:57 AM

The Lions play the Packers on the traditional Thanksgiving Day game. You can bet your ass I will be enjoying the SHIT out of my Thanksgiving. That game is shaping up to be goddamn EPIC. Green Bay's opponents between now and then? Atlanta (2-2 with a really shitty defense and some issues keeping Matt Ryan upright), St. Louis (0-4 and unable to score), Minnesota (0-4, blowing big leads and with McNabb as their QB), bye, San Diego (3-1 but not completely convincing), Minnesota again, Tampa Bay (also unconvincing and young). Detroit's opponents? Chicago (2-2, unable to protect Cutler, gave up 29 points to the Panthers), San Fran (3-1 but HOW?), Atlanta (see above), Denver (1-3 and unless Champ Bailey is back, a secondary with more holes than Swiss cheese), bye, Chicago, Carolina (rookie QB, bad team). It's entirely possible both of those teams could be undefeated on Thanksgiving Day. That would be SUPER EPIC AWESOME.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #594 on: October 03, 2011, 10:06:29 AM

I'd crap my pants if that happened. Happily.

Been a long time since I have been so pumped for Sundays. Being a Lions fan your whole life can make them depressing, hopefully the football gods will throw us a bone for a few seasons for our suffering.

Stafford scares me, though. Stay healthy, kid!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: