Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:43:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892204 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #525 on: June 30, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

Noobler questions:

Are team ups worth purchasing?
Why do people keep mentioning getting cyclops to 50?  Does he farm particularly well or something?

I started with Rocket.  He's OK.  Single target and he seems to be impossible to kill. Seems to kill rather slow, however. Tried Scarlet Witch. She's OK but seems squishy. 

I have Invisible Woman, Storm, Taskmaster, Daredevil and Hulk.  Any suggestions on which one is particularly fun to play?

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: June 30, 2014, 11:26:40 AM

The second synergy for Cyclops (which becomes active at 50) is +10% experience.  Up to 10 synergies can be selected for each hero so once Cyclops is at 50, every other hero that selects his synergy will get +10% experience.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: June 30, 2014, 11:41:28 AM

Noobler questions:

Why do people keep mentioning getting cyclops to 50?  Does he farm particularly well or something?

I started with Rocket.  He's OK.  Single target and he seems to be impossible to kill. Seems to kill rather slow, however. Tried Scarlet Witch. She's OK but seems squishy. 

I have Invisible Woman, Storm, Taskmaster, Daredevil and Hulk.  Any suggestions on which one is particularly fun to play?

All of those are way more fun and far superior to rocket, Taskmaster and Daredevil specially.  Team ups are basically pets or passive stat boosts, they are helpful while leveling and a buncha stats at end game.  You can use the same team up for every single character so at least one is definitely worth purchasing, i recommend Firestar or Magik.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: June 30, 2014, 12:28:52 PM

Magik is probably the most universally useful. Her passives are just raw damage rating and health on hit. Her actives are demon summons and I think a heal?

I use Spider-man because Spider man!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #529 on: June 30, 2014, 12:32:30 PM

Firestar has reduced spirit cost for abilities, which is pretty universally good also.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #530 on: June 30, 2014, 12:32:59 PM

I want to use Spidey with Spidey.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: June 30, 2014, 12:44:04 PM

You can do that! What happens is you get the clone Spider-man dude to show up, Scarlet Spider? I forget his name.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #532 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:52 PM

Noobler questions:

A team up is definitely worth it. Among the benefits already mentioned a team up has additional inventory slots that you can stick your stuff in*. Magik in particular is pretty tanky through the early levels (all the team ups die quickly at the high levels unless you micro their position) and a good pairing for squishy heroes. I used her in permanent active mode with Storm for most of my leveling with her. They all have their own dialog which can be amusing if you enjoy that aspect of the game.

* tip 1: hold down the CTRL key to move stuff in and out; tip2: if you have any Med Kits in your team up inventory your team up hero will use them for him or herself and those kits are still available for your usage too; tip3: there's a UI setting that will show your team up's health bar

Yes Rocket's DPS is not among the highest. He's probably the best "pet"/"summon" hero, though, if you like that sort of thing. Drop a bunch of turrets and run around collecting all the loot while Groot and the turrets do all the work. There's talk that Rocket's rework will make his "shooty" abilities better, or least more varied.

Haven't played Taskmaster or Hulk yet.

Hulk isn't very popular and is probably 2nd behind Thing as the least popular of the Tanky heroes (though none of the tanky heroes are particularly popular).

Storm was my first 60. She's easy mode with Magik tanking for her up till about 50 when Magik can't tank as well anymore. Also kind of boring to play pre-rework (which I haven't tried yet). Only a handful of abilities were very good and she has the least active abilities on my hotbar. Hopefully her rework gave her more viable builds.

Daredevil is a decent single-target melee-type (AoE not so good). He's harder to play well, though, than some of the other melee heroes cause of his combo point system.

Invisible Woman I've only played a bit so far but she's pretty fun. Unfortunately she has some of the worst dialog in the game.

This spreadsheet ranks and rates the various heroes if you like crunchy (though still subjective) numbers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AluRGa0DARGbdFFzdFFxMFJ1eUd6N3VJdC11M204Y2c&toomany=true#gid=0
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: June 30, 2014, 01:13:31 PM

Wow, ok no that is waaaay off base.

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #534 on: June 30, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

What? The spreadsheet?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: June 30, 2014, 01:31:09 PM

Yeah sorry, the spreadsheet not your post. Black Panther, Moon Knight and Nightcrawler belong on the top tier with Strange and Human Torch, Loki isn't THAT great.  Thing Hulk and Luke Cage should be way higher, Ghost Rider should be near the bottom along with Hawkeye.  Daredevil is easily top ten.  Yeah, the whole thing is a mess based i believe on nothing but forum polls.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: June 30, 2014, 01:52:01 PM

I have to not play Nightcrawler too much because he ruins all the other heroes.  So friggin' fun and deadly.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Noobler questions:

I have two team ups magik and just got beta ray bill for rocket to buddy with yesterday. They are awesome for leveling up at max level it depends a bit as the survivability vs some of the cosmic stuff is not super great at least for the more melee ones. That said you can spec them to either ben a all the time pet, a some time pet but more powerful or a passive buff and not even have them directly deployed. In the latter they will from time to time swoop in and do an attack or something and then go away.

I would recommend at least getting one team up. All your heros can use it and the passive buffs to your character alone justifies their use and they make leveling alts SO much more fun as that kind of stuff they rock at.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: June 30, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

also for the person leveling rocket his level 52 rework is next at bat so he is going to get some loving in the next month or so.  Until then he may not rock the damage meters but between groot and his suppression turrets and the BFG he is a really solid cosmic runner. He may not blow the roof off the damage charts but he also is one of the safest heroes as NPC simply LOATH his turrets and groot throw a team up in there and I can sit and shoot the flark out of cosmic dungeons without anything even glancing at me.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: June 30, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

Among the benefits already mentioned a team up has additional inventory slots that you can stick your stuff in*.

FYI, you can use the team-up inventory even if you don't own any team-ups.

Yes Rocket's DPS is not among the highest. He's probably the best "pet"/"summon" hero, though, if you like that sort of thing. Drop a bunch of turrets and run around collecting all the loot while Groot and the turrets do all the work. There's talk that Rocket's rework will make his "shooty" abilities better, or least more varied.

I would say Squirrel Girl is the best summoner.  Her squirrels are all mobile, she can have up to 30 of them out and each squirrel bite heals her, making her nigh unkillable.  Plus some squirrels have rockets strapped to them!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: June 30, 2014, 02:28:55 PM

Yeah sorry, the spreadsheet not your post. Black Panther, Moon Knight and Nightcrawler belong on the top tier with Strange and Human Torch, Loki isn't THAT great.  Thing Hulk and Luke Cage should be way higher, Ghost Rider should be near the bottom along with Hawkeye.  Daredevil is easily top ten.  Yeah, the whole thing is a mess based i believe on nothing but forum polls.

No, Thing is pretty much where he belongs sadly. That is a character in desperate need of his 52 review. He's like all the leftover bits from when they built Colossus and Hulk.

I also find it hard to believe Daredevil being top ten, not in that company.  why so serious?

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: June 30, 2014, 02:55:11 PM

Among the benefits already mentioned a team up has additional inventory slots that you can stick your stuff in*.

FYI, you can use the team-up inventory even if you don't own any team-ups.

I would say Squirrel Girl is the best summoner.  Her squirrels are all mobile, she can have up to 30 of them out and each squirrel bite heals her, making her nigh unkillable.  Plus some squirrels have rockets strapped to them!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

SG is probably the queen of summoners at the moment. Rockets summoners really don't benefit from some of the stuff much like pet health because they are already so darn tanky that I almost never lose groot to him dying just timing out  now and then. That said if you think you will like SG rocket has some awesome synergies for her to use.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: June 30, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

The spreadsheet is pretty bad. The grades are based off of a single build the player enjoys (not always the most effective build). Then there are weird stats like a fun factor and things like travel/movement (which is pretty key for survivability for some chars) is in the same category as fun factor and char design.  swamp poop

Though, I'm with Fordel. The Thing (and tanks in general imo) belong on the bottom. There is one thing to worry about here - do the most damage you can with just enough survivability to live, this is where tanks fall flat compared to others.

Yes, some melee chars should be a bit higher but overall they are a bit tougher to play which I could understand knocking them off a few ranks in the overall listings. They really should split these up with range, melee, and shitty tank categories. Basically, AE farming for mass loot, melee/single target for boss rushing, and those you shouldn't bother with why so serious?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #543 on: June 30, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

I have to not play Nightcrawler too much because he ruins all the other heroes.  So friggin' fun and deadly.
Yeah he's definitely the most fun of the heroes I've played so far. They did a really good job with his teleportation powers.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: June 30, 2014, 03:04:53 PM

The spreadsheet is pretty bad. The grades are based off of a single build the player enjoys (not always the most effective build). Then there are weird stats like a fun factor and things like travel/movement (which is pretty key for survivability for some chars) is in the same category as fun factor and char design.  swamp poop

Though, I'm with Fordel. The Thing (and tanks in general imo) belong on the bottom. There is one thing to worry about here - do the most damage you can with just enough survivability to live, this is where tanks fall flat compared to others.

Yes, some melee chars should be a bit higher but overall they are a bit tougher to play which I could understand knocking them off a few ranks in the overall listings. They really should split these up with range, melee, and shitty tank categories. Basically, AE farming for mass loot, melee/single target for boss rushing, and those you shouldn't bother with why so serious?

It's why Ms Marvel is such a strong character, her baseline survivability is so high you can gear for full DPS and still be virtually immortal. If you don't care about speed running though, you can build for tank, still clear trash nearly as well, then facetank cosmic kurse  why so serious?

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: June 30, 2014, 03:20:34 PM

I haven't played her, but that is what I hear about her normally - she's basically a higher dps Jean. Jean of course is 1) turn on Phoenix form/aura/inferno 2) smash hotkeys to kill things slowly with no possibility of death or running out of resources.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: June 30, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

Ms Marvel is an actual tank, like Thing/Colossus etc, she has a taunt and the tank damage reduction buff and generates resources while being pounded on. Unlike the other tanks though, she has a crazy amount of mobility (only the teleporters have more) and ranged AE, on top of the usual heavy hitting single target stuff the other tanks have. So you can build as ranged DPS, melee DPS or a Hybrid of the two, with as little or much tank as you want.

I play her as pretty much full tank and I stroll through cosmics the way my other characters walk through the greens.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: June 30, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

TaskMaster is super fun to level up - at least so far. Mine is at 25.

He does a hilarious amount of damage, despite being mid-tier in the google doc. I think he tails off as he gets closer to max level, but it's an enjoyable trip to 25 at the very least.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: June 30, 2014, 06:23:49 PM

Wow, Storm got one heck of a buff with the review.

If only they could have done new voiceovers.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: June 30, 2014, 07:01:34 PM

I poopsocked pretty bad this weekend and still didn't get enough soccer balls for a pair of those shoes.  I did manage to finish enough hot dogs for three of the hot dog carts.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: June 30, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

I have a pair I got as a random drop if you need them for whatever. I don't think I bound them to anyone.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #551 on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:46 PM

Uniques can't be traded.  Nor can flags or soccer balls, for that matter.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: July 01, 2014, 01:09:24 AM

Well poop.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #553 on: July 01, 2014, 05:38:51 AM

This. Nightcrawler's on target to be my first 60. He's easily the most fun I've had with a skillset in an ARPG. He's squishy, but only if you forget yourself - the survivability based on his stealthing is unbelievable, and if you're specced like me through the teleport tree, bamfing in and out of combat and dropping Brimstone patches means you're continually doing damage even while disengaged from combat.

Also, his Ultimate pretty much one-shot kills Red Terminal bosses, and that's without upgrades.

I bought Ms. Marvel this weekend to take advantage of the BOGOF as she's long been a favourite character of mine and everyone who has played her seems to rave about the experience, and so far, even under 20, I know she was a good investment. Sadly, her random box companion was Hulk, who most everybody dislikes and a character I can't see myself playing anytime soon.

I've only been playing a few weeks now (Nevermore convinced me to give it a go) but it's engaged me way beyond my expectations.
My roster so far (in order of obtainage): Hawkeye (33), Black Widow (20), Nightcrawler (54), Taskmaster, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel (18), Hulk.

Saving up the ES to buy Squirrel Girl specifically next, then back to random boxes methinks.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: July 01, 2014, 08:42:30 AM

Well poop.

Thanks for the offer either way, and apparently they extended the hot dog event through 4th of july weekend and the football event through the rest of the world cup anyways.  I did not realize how cheap legendaries were to unbind, i thought it would cost unstable molecules or the unbinding consumable.  Time to recycle all those pots of gold.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:49 AM

I have a million crappy artifacts. Is there any point in keeping them, particularly the lesser dupes?

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: July 01, 2014, 08:57:13 AM

Only if you like crappy artifacts. I'm a hoarder so I can't judge.  why so serious?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #557 on: July 01, 2014, 08:58:28 AM

I have a 2nd account (and contemplating a 3rd) just for the extra storage space awesome, for real
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: July 01, 2014, 09:02:42 AM

I keep mid/low tier artifacts because i have way too many heroes and not enough good artis for all of them.  Anything with a "visual" tag on it gets used on a default costume as soon as i get them.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: July 01, 2014, 09:57:00 AM

Saving up the ES to buy Squirrel Girl specifically next, then back to random boxes methinks.
She's so damn adorable, and not bad to play either.  I got Tippy Toe recently, so I feel she is complete.

Ms. Marvel is fun, too.  She's probably my favorite behind Kurt and SG.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: