Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 895159 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #315 on: May 19, 2014, 12:36:30 PM

But that works through Sic 'Em? And I can't use that ability without a target?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: May 19, 2014, 12:58:21 PM

Squirrel Friend (in the MOAR SQUIRRELS! line, first skill) - It's the passive that makes your squirrels better. It's also an active that you can use to summon half a dozen squirrels, short CD. Just drag it to your bar.

Squirrel starts to look really weird as a word the more you type it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #317 on: May 19, 2014, 12:59:22 PM

Okay cool I'll try that.

Edit: cool
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:51:24 PM by Trippy »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: May 19, 2014, 07:05:05 PM

I have Squirrel Friend as my right-click power.  Use it as often as it's up and you'll be swimming in squirrels most of the time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #319 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:10 PM

OMG! I so want this now...

Is Moon Knight, Thor, Captain America, and Hawkeye fun?

I still haven't finished Borderlands 2 and all the DLC crap, haven't finished Skyrim, haven't finished Fallout 3 or NV, and have PA too...and I'm trying to study for a certification. And Sony just dropped there games in my lap too, is DCU any fun? I've not followed allot there comics.

I need more time...
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:33 PM

I read a lot of complaints about Thor, and basically never see anyone play him. The others are all decent-to-good depending on whom you ask.

I'm a bit over Hawkeye since I figured out another melee build that's more effective but less fun, and his Precise Aim got nerfed. Been playing Taskmaster instead. He's clearly OP based on how everyone on his official forum keeps talking about how well-balanced he is. Very versatile and fun, to boot.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: May 19, 2014, 10:24:53 PM

I love Mk, but that my love may be gear dependent. Like I wrote somewhere else, he's the only character I've ever played where I want to have low health/spirit. If you go avatar of vengeance route, the passives gives boosts to crit rating as a function of health loss, and dmg rating as a function of spirit loss. I also have "Last Chance" a unique that gives a gazillion in crit rating and crit dmg if you are below 50% health. I've done a brutal hit for over 3 million. I've seen others claim 4.5  why so serious?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: May 20, 2014, 05:55:36 AM

I'm a huge Thor fan, first char to 60, so weigh the following with that knowledge.  I enjoy playing him, but he is a bit fragile.  I play him as a hybrid of ranged and melee whereas I think many people expect to be able to play him straight-up melee. 

Capt America is fun.  Also need to play him as something of a hybrid, but, imo, that is consistent with the cartoon char (I'm talking form reading them in the mid 70s.  Possibly he has newer moves)

Hawkeye is boring, but I never read or liked Hawkeye.  Fun aside: virtually every male hero in the game gives Hawkeye shit for being useless.  A number of female heroes flirt with Hawkeye.

Deadpool: adding this one even though you didn't ask.  He is fun to play in either mode (ranged/melee).  He has the funniest lines in the game.  I never read Deadpool, so I wasn't a fan or anything (got him in random).

I also like Ms Marvel, Dr Strange and Nightcrawler (from a 'fun to play' perspective).
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: May 20, 2014, 08:14:06 AM

Nightcrawler is really fun if you like a mobile character.  I bamf all over the friggin' place, and they made his smoke effects look awesome.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: May 20, 2014, 08:29:20 AM

Taskmaster is incredibly fun to play, damn near OP in effectiveness and a bargain at 200 splinters.

I am the .00000001428%
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: May 20, 2014, 08:43:11 AM

A note on the 'strong/weak' issue: They rebalance constantly.  I would not focus too much on whether a hero is too strong or too weak, because they'll rebalance it before you know it.  Their general approach seems to try to bring the weaker heroes up to the level of the stronger heroes.  There are still some that are going to be stronger if you strategically know how to use them better, and some they do not yet realize are stronger than others, but if you like a hero and wish s/he was stronger - it probably will be eventually.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00:11 AM

In general I agree.  Also, as they adjust the toons typically become a lot more fun to play.  Rebalancing tends to be both to power and play-ability.  They really do a good job in that regard.

For me, Ironman is the problem child in that regard.  I want to play a repulsor-based Ironman (cause, you know, 70s comics), but that is kind of the weakest/least fun Ironman.  The one-off is very strong... but I found it very boring.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: May 20, 2014, 10:25:14 AM

I'm a huge Thor fan, first char to 60, so weigh the following with that knowledge.  I enjoy playing him, but he is a bit fragile.  I play him as a hybrid of ranged and melee whereas I think many people expect to be able to play him straight-up melee. 

Capt America is fun.  Also need to play him as something of a hybrid, but, imo, that is consistent with the cartoon char (I'm talking form reading them in the mid 70s.  Possibly he has newer moves)

Hawkeye is boring, but I never read or liked Hawkeye.  Fun aside: virtually every male hero in the game gives Hawkeye shit for being useless.  A number of female heroes flirt with Hawkeye.

Deadpool: adding this one even though you didn't ask.  He is fun to play in either mode (ranged/melee).  He has the funniest lines in the game.  I never read Deadpool, so I wasn't a fan or anything (got him in random).

I also like Ms Marvel, Dr Strange and Nightcrawler (from a 'fun to play' perspective).

Hawkeye is a decent hero. His taunt arrow is pretty amazing and he does awesome damage. His main problem is he is a big squishy but if you want a glass cannon he does that very well.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: May 20, 2014, 10:26:02 AM

Taskmaster is incredibly fun to play, damn near OP in effectiveness and a bargain at 200 splinters.

He is an awesome buy at 200 splinters he pretty much has the best moves of three other champs all in one package.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #329 on: May 20, 2014, 10:32:07 AM

Is taskmaster suppose to be a comedic character like SG and DP?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:48:09 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: May 20, 2014, 10:32:24 AM

Thor is awaiting his class review still, so he'll feel a bit underwhelming until then. As mentioned earlier though, they are very quick about actually getting class changes done.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: May 20, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

Is taskmaster suppose to be comedic character like SG and DP?

He is a lot like Deadpool yeah, not quite as funny or crazy but he mostly makes fun of the other "heroes" and the fact that he is playing a good guy. 

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: May 23, 2014, 07:56:26 AM

New Patch - https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/95053/marvel-heroes-2-47-patch-notes

New Hero - Psylocke

Revamped Hero - Wolverine

New Event - Sentinel Invasion

Patch Size - Roughly four Gigs

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #333 on: May 23, 2014, 09:14:34 AM

how do u storm
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: May 23, 2014, 09:46:45 AM

You figure out which one of her toggle aura's is the giant area damage one then walk around and collect your loot.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #335 on: May 23, 2014, 09:47:54 AM

how do u storm
Purchase Magik to tank for you, then just use Crashing Hail, Lightning Storm, and Lightning Column. Thundering Bolt is good if you need to interrupt (stun) somebody.

I use something similar to this build:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/65139/end-game-advanced-build-ball-lightning-lightning-storm-crashing-hail

Not quite 60 yet but it's been working for me.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: May 23, 2014, 11:11:23 AM

Psylocke is pretty neat as long as you aren't expecting her stealth melee tree to be good or really make any sense. A lot of people on the Test Center complained about her secondary resource being limiting but I like the pacing it provides, where you're regularly switching between spending one resource while building the other.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: May 23, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

XMEN141 and 2015 are codes for the weekend. Enjoy!

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: May 24, 2014, 08:58:39 AM

Psylocke is pretty neat as long as you aren't expecting her stealth melee tree to be good or really make any sense. A lot of people on the Test Center complained about her secondary resource being limiting but I like the pacing it provides, where you're regularly switching between spending one resource while building the other.

I am not sure I would use her stealth tree on its own but having some moves in with the other powers seems pretty effective. She does wind up stealthing from time to time anyway due to her long steal being tied to her CC break so most are at very least going to have that on their bar so may as well throw in one of the huge damage from stealth moves. I also like the flying lotus drop becaues it looks cool as hell and is a nice aoe. So far the psi resource seems fine balance wise although it looks like they did revamp the construct line a bit before I think the only basic attack from it was psi dagger and now you can take psi crossbow as a basic attack/builder as well.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: May 24, 2014, 10:07:42 AM

how do u storm

Get some doc Ock arms, a doc Ock medallion, a peluvian and just giggle.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: May 24, 2014, 10:34:23 AM

I am not sure I would use her stealth tree on its own but having some moves in with the other powers seems pretty effective. She does wind up stealthing from time to time anyway due to her long steal being tied to her CC break so most are at very least going to have that on their bar so may as well throw in one of the huge damage from stealth moves. I also like the flying lotus drop becaues it looks cool as hell and is a nice aoe. So far the psi resource seems fine balance wise although it looks like they did revamp the construct line a bit before I think the only basic attack from it was psi dagger and now you can take psi crossbow as a basic attack/builder as well.

Flying lotus is one of her best moves, i'm maxing that + psi assault + psi strike + all the passives.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: May 24, 2014, 11:07:05 AM

Someone here needs to find out what their one year celebration will entail.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: May 24, 2014, 11:10:37 AM

Bunch of new heroes probably.

-edit- Free Loot if you log in today (today being Saturday)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:16:25 PM by Fordel »

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: May 24, 2014, 06:26:20 PM

More code words!

MASSIVELY
SCARE2CARE

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: May 25, 2014, 03:57:23 PM

how do u storm

I just started and maxing gusting tempest, lightning column, lightning storm, spirited and crashing hail are making me a pretty happy camper for now.  Only a few buttons to manage and you AoE everything.

Is taskmaster suppose to be comedic character like SG and DP?

He is a lot like Deadpool yeah, not quite as funny or crazy but he mostly makes fun of the other "heroes" and the fact that he is playing a good guy. 

I love that his voice actor is Steve Blum (of Cowboy Bebop dub fame).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:05:38 PM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #345 on: May 25, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

This game has somehow gotten more fun since the last time I tried it.  No idea what changed but I'm having a great time as Dr. Strange.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: May 25, 2014, 05:51:49 PM

Psylocke feels like a much lamer nightcrawler.

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #347 on: May 25, 2014, 06:37:24 PM

With purple butterflies.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: May 26, 2014, 05:20:59 AM

There is definitely some fun here.  I wish I had more than the Torch to play but I don't feel like putting out cash.  Been collecting eternity shards though.  The game isn't very sticky for me though.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #349 on: May 26, 2014, 06:34:19 AM

There is definitely some fun here.  I wish I had more than the Torch to play but I don't feel like putting out cash.  Been collecting eternity shards though.  The game isn't very sticky for me though.

I suspect the problem is that you're playing Torch.  I couldn't get in to him either, so I dropped enough cash to buy the hero I wanted - Strange - and bam lots of fun. Considering it's f2p and $5 is about what I pay for Steam games these days it's worth it, IMO.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: