Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 883361 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 11:38:35 AM

OMGOMGOMG!  Squirrel Girl!  I don't need any other heroes.
Do you need another way home?

I think she just wants a life beyond thunderdome.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:17 PM

That's what all the children say.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 08:25:18 PM

Squirrel Girl should have her own scenarios separate from everyone else, taking on Thanos and the like.

EDIT: YOU GUYS HEY YOU GUYS CHECK THIS OUT

so this prompted me to google squirrel girl, and I came across this banner ad:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:28:27 PM by Scold »
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 09:13:23 PM

Don't mess with Squirrel Girl

Thus far, Squirrel Girl has beaten:
Doctor Doom
Mandarin
Giganto
MODOK
Thanos
Terrax
Bug-Eyed Voice
Bi-Beast
Deadpool
Pluto
Fin Fang Foom
Baron Mordo
Korvac
Ego the Living Planet
Wolverine

All without the all-might Twinkie or Hostess Fruit Pies  Grin
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 07:26:09 AM

Squirrel Girl is almost everything that is wrong with comics.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:09 AM

There needs to be a chibi version.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 04:15:08 PM

Marvel Heroes Has A Story?

What is going on here?
They are making a Diablo-alike with Marvel supers as your PCs.
They're putting some effort into writing a story, complete with cut scenes and voice acting.

Is this game really going to be F2P?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 06:58:08 PM

F2P like Superhero Squad Online, I'm guessing.

And no-one will care about story and voice acting if the gameplay isn't interesting, which is the trap that DCUO, SWOR et al fell into.

Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 07:38:53 PM

...the problem with comics is that they're too light-hearted and fun?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 02:49:11 AM

Cautiously optimistic.  I liked how Electro stood toe to toe with the Hulk. 
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 08:28:25 AM

I know a beautiful woman from Asheville, and I always called her Squirrel Girl. I didn't know there was superheroine with that name. All of a sudden I care about this game.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 05:10:56 PM

I know a beautiful woman from Asheville, and I always called her Squirrel Girl.

trying so hard to avoid nuts-related joke

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 05:50:17 PM

I know a beautiful woman from Asheville, and I always called her Squirrel Girl.

trying so hard to avoid nuts-related joke

I think that's the point right?  He wants some hot girl to go all squirrel on his nuts?   awesome, for real
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 08:10:54 AM

Squirrels have rather sharp teeth.  (As I found out when one bit me.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:01 AM

Heavy risk.

But the prize.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 06:36:59 AM

Pre-orders are up. Decent enough values I suppose since you get the same amount of points as the cost of the pack, provided the game is good.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 07:09:09 AM

Heart Heart Heart

But I am confused. Is this a Diablo clone, or a MOBA?

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 07:17:30 AM

Last I heard Diablo clone. The thing I'm wondering about is grouping. I was less than impressed with Diablo, but being able to "LFG system" pop into a game with strangers was a lot of fun. Fun that's missing in Torchlight 2, even if it's overall a better game.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 07:24:37 AM

A Diablo clone with 30 widely different playable characters is interesting, if they can pull it out decently.

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 11, 2013, 06:14:09 AM

I'm basically considering this Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3. Only with a more aggressive monetization scheme. Not throwing any money at them till I get to play it though. Them's the rules.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #55 on: January 12, 2013, 12:54:17 AM

Multiplayer Diablo, developed by a team that includes David Brevik who was one of the creators of Diablo and Diablo II.

Gazillion will be putting a lot into this title - it's the only thing they've got left apart from Super Hero Squad Online. And now that Disney owns the Marvel IP, that 10 year contract probably doesn't offer them the protection they thought it did (and they wouldn't want to take on Disney in the courts anyway).

Oh, and they just announced Founders Packs - $20, $60 or $200.

Mini-rant: fuck Founders Packs. You've got a game you want to develop, great, I'll consider buying it when it comes out. I'm not going to pre-pay you for a game that is still months away and barely has any kind of public information around about it. I used to object to the idea of pay for beta, and that was usually just $5 to $10. This approach isn't even as good - it is pay more for pre-beta. It's awful.

If you're a gaming studio and are having money issues, that's even less reason for me to pay you ahead of releasing the game for your particular brand of mismanagement. That Marvel Heroes is pre-selling in-game currency as a reward is an additional fact that makes the bile rise in my throat.

/rant

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 12, 2013, 02:09:45 AM

$200 so you can get some of the content in a free-to-play game.

Lol.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #57 on: January 13, 2013, 08:46:54 AM

The only marginal value I can see from the founders stuff is that you can pick (what appears to be) any hero as your starting hero. Given that I'm only really interested in playing as Deadpool or Squirrel Girl, well, yeah, no. It's still not worth it.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 13, 2013, 04:01:33 PM

Mini-rant: fuck Founders Packs. You've got a game you want to develop, great, I'll consider buying it when it comes out. I'm not going to pre-pay you for a game that is still months away and barely has any kind of public information around about it. I used to object to the idea of pay for beta, and that was usually just $5 to $10. This approach isn't even as good - it is pay more for pre-beta. It's awful.

Which has been my sentiment for kickstarters all along.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 12:00:50 PM

It is only awful; if it doesn't work.  It is a great idea if 500 people give you $200.

I have never played WoW.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 04:56:08 PM

After Mechwarrior Online announced they got US$5m from their Founders Packs, it's a technique that is going to be used for a while to come.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 09, 2013, 07:35:08 AM

I really admire the chutzpah these guys have. I get new offers for stuff from the item shop every couple of days. The latest was an Iron Man 3 tie in. Yet the game isn't even out and who knows or really cares when it will be. Usually, these games offer you a couple of options where you pay for some points in the store and they let you into beta. These guys are in full marketing mode. It's really incredible.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #62 on: March 09, 2013, 08:57:09 AM

Gazillion have to be a bit desperate. Of the titles they've launched, two have been from NetDevil and god only knows what they spent on titles that got cancelled in production (like whatever Romero cashed out on for Slipgate Ironworks).

So they're left with Super Hero Squad Online, which was very limited last time I played it, and this Marvel Heroes game. If Marvel Heroes fails to grab an audience - and Disney must be looking closely at the Marvel licence deals that were signed before they took over - then it'll be hard times at Gazillion.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 22, 2013, 06:48:11 PM

I think I played this at PAX East today (in that I think this is the right thread?). It's basically Diablo 3 with Marvel characters. The keystrokes all felt very familiar. I was bored about 10min in, but MMOs at shows always feel that way. I played a bit of Cyclops and Storm. There was some very satisfying moments of mayhem. Good for a few laughs. But if you want to like this, you gotta want a Diablo 3 style game with comic book characters  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 22, 2013, 09:58:45 PM

Also: This is dropping June 4th.

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 08:17:51 AM

Its surreal how Diablo-like this is. Your super hero runs out of inventory space often laden down with 20 masks some of which are green or blue or whatever. A game like this must be what Gamesworkshop has nightmares about which leads them to being such control freaks with their IP.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 09:59:10 AM

David Brevik, who was one of the Diablo creators, is the head of this project (as well as the studio and Gazillion itself, iirc).

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 01:51:54 PM

It's not a terrible strategy. Know characters in a proven game system. Kinda standard practice smiley
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 24, 2013, 05:57:13 PM

Does buying a starter pack give you beta access?

I am the .00000001428%
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 24, 2013, 07:16:55 PM

Does buying a starter pack give you beta access?

The 60 and 200 dollar ones, yes, but not the $20, IIRC.

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: