Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2020, 11:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  (Read 140636 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1015 on: February 14, 2020, 01:07:04 PM

Starting research on cars again. The G37 is still great, just got a transmission flush and new tires (Firestone Indy 500) are going on today. However.

You guys always ask what my budget is, but since I'm just getting some general research in for a purchase 2-3 years from now let's just leave that open. Would I get a custom Benz? PROBABLY not but I'd like to ensure I know why.

Anyway, my top interest is reliability. I read that the Mazda MX-5 is very reliable and that seems great.

Second interest is driving experience. I figure the MX-5 would be good there (Miatas are supposedly incredible) but there are a lot of contenders on that field. Also the electrics are interesting here, but I need to drive one.

Third is number of features. The G37 is pretty basic, especially now that the radio doesn't work and the clock gave up. I have recently been trying to get an idea of what "a lot" of features means in 2020 and I read about the Tesla S a bit. That has to be on the top end of features, right? However it's apparently in the middle of reliability. Also Elon may be evil, not entirely sure.
Other contenders for features might only be the German cars (Cadillacs are off the list), but I'd like to get some group feedback on this.

It's early. Let's have some fun with it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1016 on: February 14, 2020, 02:36:03 PM

Are you married to the idea that it can only have 2 doors?

I had a Mazda 6 as a rental car for a day in SLC in December and it was a pretty nice ride.

I absolutely love the Audi A3 in terms of how it drives and Audi has the best instrument/infotainment setup I have ever seen.

Fit and finish on Tesla interiors are bleh. Sitting in a model S in the showroom I didnít feel like I was in a luxury sedan at all. Felt more like sitting in a Kia with leather seats.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: February 14, 2020, 09:26:40 PM

The Model S does have some fit/finish issues, but the Model 3 is pretty nice and the Model X too. Can't wait to check out a Model Y.

Personally, I have a hard time thinking about a car I might buy in 2-3 years. Who knows what will happen on the market in that time.

That said, I am seriously eyeing an all-electric vehicle to replace my wife's Honda Pilot in about 2 years - but I'll make that decision with the info available at that time.

- Viin
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  
Jump to: