Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2021, 12:54:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  (Read 216905 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1120 on: February 27, 2021, 11:45:27 AM

I do pretty extensive off/rough roading in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park in the summer. Not designed for racing, the highish center of gravity would be bad. Just means I'm extra cautious if I hit an unexpected area when I have to do any rock climbing.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1121 on: February 27, 2021, 12:09:29 PM

I do pretty extensive off/rough roading in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park in the summer. Not designed for racing, the highish center of gravity would be bad. Just means I'm extra cautious if I hit an unexpected area when I have to do any rock climbing.

MOAB?  Always wanted to try that.

CEO of Douchebag, Inc.
However, they control enough of the political process that nothing of substance can ever be accomplished.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1122 on: March 01, 2021, 08:37:45 AM

I've seen a couple race back in the day on one of those baja kinda deals, but they're built for trails and rocks. The focus is on the slow torque, locker kinda driving.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1123 on: March 01, 2021, 08:27:43 PM

MOAB?  Always wanted to try that.
Pikes Peak, South Park, and South Platte Ranger districts in Colorado (aka the Front Range) they put out MVUM/MVTMs every year of which forest service roads are open, but for some areas those roads may not have been checked by Rangers or anyone else in a few years, and you get impassable/nearly impassable ones sometimes. Lots of fun, but can be tricky/scary. Going over Topaz Mountain in 2019, we got to a point where the road had completely washed out at the bottom of a gulley and I had to spend an hour making it passable as there wasn't a way to get turned around.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/psicc/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5177824 if you want to get an idea.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1124 on: March 02, 2021, 09:37:48 AM

We just call that driving in the back country on seasonal roads  why so serious?

I remember taking on sand dunes in an old beater fakewoodie when we were high af as kids. Good times.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  
Jump to: