Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Playoffs Quarter Finals! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Playoffs Quarter Finals!  (Read 47532 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 05:51:19 PM

I thought about validating the games after all the quarter finals have been played, this time. Maybe there's no point, but it sounded like a good idea at the time...

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 12, 2011, 02:40:20 PM

our game is going ahead in around 12 hrs time. then that leaves 1 quarter final left. this looks like we wont get done in time for falc's holiday tbh.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 08:47:53 AM

Wishmasters 2 - Strongman 0  ACK!

Well played match that pitched Orcs on Elfjuice and Elves on Orcjuice (three Black Orcs managed crazy dodges, and the elves delivering the pain).

Replay should be up for those interested!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 13, 2011, 08:55:27 AM

well it will be up as soon as soneone will let me know what the password is :)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 13, 2011, 09:17:26 AM

The passwoed is vanguard

I validated mathces, waiting for the last one of the quarter finals.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 13, 2011, 09:39:02 AM

well i will add the replay when i  hve finishede playing the league game i'm playing in now

Comstar - when do you want to play your game?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 13, 2011, 04:38:17 PM

We can't play till the entire round is complete. I'm impressed you won, considering you only had about 6 players and had lost a star linesman in my match! How did it happen?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011, 05:49:00 PM

I cant remember the specifics but i scored on his defence then i scored on my offence. It was my first game where i didnt lose anyone! I have uploaded the replay if you wish to watch it. I assume that we are going to have to wait for the new season since the other 1/4 final still isnt played. We are going to have to play next weekend i guess?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 13, 2011, 06:24:23 PM

I just watched the replay - I get the impression the Ork team had never played vs Elves/Delves before. Elves can always take advantage of a single mistake, and Ork's often left the ball carrier vulnerable while at the same time being curiously unmotivated to mark enemy players fully. The High ST proved a mixed bag- often only one Ork would blitz the ball carrier, leaving them out of position even if the ball was broke free and the ball uncovered.

Also it helped Andy that he injured 3 Ork's and only took KO's in return. He'll be able to have 500+ inducements vs me, so he could either get the MasterStabber again (who was pretty useless in our previous game) or Morg'N'Thorg himself.

What's the status of the last game we're waiting on?!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 13, 2011, 07:01:00 PM

I think Llyse is afraid, as the sooner he plays the sooner his season will be over.  awesome, for real
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 07:59:31 PM

Welp, at least my losing the season opener didn't just hand the league to Scadente on a silver platter.

I REALLY don't want to root for Comstar, but... Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 11:31:41 PM

Will try to play tonight before Falc leaves.

Had an insane weekend so no blood bowl
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:34:55 PM by Llyse »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 12:38:18 AM

Looked at my team.

Seems I only got 20k for my win, not the 50k I was meant to. Only have 70k and not 100k as a result and cannot afford to buy a new GR as they cost 80k.

So I only have two Gutter Runners available for the semi and no bench left. And no one levelled either. Hooray...

Looks like it's Comstar v Megrim in the final.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30:24 AM

Alive not Dead v Morsel is away!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:15:55 AM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 07:49:59 AM

Game is complete. Replay will be uploaded shortly.

Match report to be posted in 6 hours.

5 hours later...

So after a game delayed by pretty women and drunken promises the last quarter final between old rivals Necromantic Alive not Dead and Vampiric Morsel. Alive not Dead win the toss and elect to kick against the vampires and set a standard line of scrimmage. The fans go wild for these high calibre teams and they both receive extra rerolls before Morsel start play.

And the first action is the agile Blood Relative to attempt to pick up which he does costing him a reroll however before stunning Alex and Dominic the zombies. Some shifting on the right flank before Chomp Gnomski blitzes the infamous Calvin the Menace. However it's a solid block and both players stay standing before Alive resume play. Gregor clears a path on the left edge of the scrimmage giving the young Hobbes a chance to rip into Blood Relative which he does so eating a reroll for the GFI but sacking the QB.

Morsel's reply is strong and Love in Vain's mighty blow knocks the wet behind the ears Werewolf out for the entire match and Blood Relative regains the ball with no problems. Heavily pressure Llyse decides to go for a single die block to create something out of nothing but Gregor and Atarin only manages to hurt themselves so Morsel look likely to score from the right side's push.

The game seems to swing however with Finger Lickin's foul on Calvin which results in him being sent off! Atarin blitzes Blood Relative again and finally succeeds in stunning him before the ensuing snafu for the ball begins. Katze the Cheerful picks up the ball no problem, but there are plenty of marauding vampires to get a 2-die blitz on the happy chap. Heidolf Von Bitenrite does so and stuns Katze and the ball bounces off Midnight Snack clutches and lays on the floor.

Ivan A Bitealot attempts to dodge into tackle zones to get the ball but fails and KOs himself before an apothecary ensures he stays on the field. A revenge hit by Calvin burns a reroll against Chomp but only succeeds to copy him with 2 both down results. There are some key hypnotic gazes and it looks like Morsel will score with a Vampire in the open 1 yard from the TD line.

Pressured Llyse decides for an all for broke play and Katze attempts to hand off to Calvin with 0 rerolls but fails and it'll be a pick up and pass play for the Vampires to finally score. Chomp Gnomski bloodlusts while picking up the ball and dodging away and is about to pass but...

Megrim can't make the pass action?! Is this CCP Cyanide's UI acting out again!? Possibly but it seems that a failed Bloodlust will prevent a pass action so the reroll Megrim saves for a pass and catch for a touchdown is never used and the half ends 0-0.

2nd half starts and similarly it seems to go down hill after Alex the zombie stuns Ivan with a boot to the head and is sent off! Both Hobbes and Michael the zombie fail to wake up and Alive not Dead are down a man. A nice kick by Megrim considering how demoralising results in Gui failing to secure the ball near the right sideline.

Again Hypnotic gaze creates space and Alive not Dead are pressured once again. Surprisingly no serious injuries are sustained still in this intense match until late in the 2nd half. Katze defends the ball but Heidolf knocks Katze the fuck out and the ball lays on the ground for Ivan to deftly pick it up and run it in for an inspiring play after a disappointing 1st half.

It's all or nothing to prevent this and Gui the Sad does it with a 1 dice reroll blitz wrestle bringing down the Blodger +1 MA MVP Vamp.

Desperate times call for heroes and Calvin lives up to the legend. Blitzing Heidolf to open with the first and fatal injury of the match killing the non-regenerating Vampire before free and retrieves the ball to head the relatively open left side of the field. Blood Relative returns the blow but Vincent the kicker is much more resilent getting up to play again. Take Away then blitzes Calvin but the hero stays up even with a Vampire and Thrall marking him.  He blitzes again knocking down Long Term savings account and heads for the open fields on the left.

There are some attempts to stop the score but he outpaces the relatively slower Vampires and stalls for time while Morsel desperately place tackle zones with many dodges and GFIs. Calvin however makes the key blitzes and scores for Alive not Dead but not before Rob crowd surfs Chomp 5 Agil Gnomski to receive a smashed collarbone, possibly ending his career.

Morsel have a glimmer of hope with a riot pushing the clock back giving an all of nothing play with Ivan running in deep to receive a hailmary and needing to dodge through a storm of fur and rotting corpses. Calvin's Claw puts an end to such thoughts knocking out Ivan and heading Morsel's Championship hopes again.

Hi Lamaros  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:04:50 PM by Llyse »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:35 AM

SIX HOURS MY ASS YOU BETTER REPORT
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 12:37:54 PM

So it's last years champion Amazon's vs a newcomer damaged Dark Elf team with lots of inducements and last years runner up Necromantic's vs a newcomer damaged Skaven team with lots of inducements?

Andy, I've PM'ed you a time to play tomorrow, assuming the game gets cleared by Falconeer.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:55 PM

Quarter finals are done. On with the last three games of the season! Semi-finals, you can play them whenever you are ready.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 03:32:17 PM

So it's last years champion Amazon's vs a newcomer damaged Dark Elf team with lots of inducements and last years runner up Necromantic's vs a newcomer damaged Skaven team with lots of inducements?

Andy, I've PM'ed you a time to play tomorrow, assuming the game gets cleared by Falconeer.

It's also a rematch within divisions giving Andy davo's mangled team a chance to avenge their 2-1 loss in the last match of the season.

For Battletech it's a chance to see who really deserves to be in the playoffs with the turns drawing their previous meeting.

I see you've reanimated Romulus  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:34:09 PM by Llyse »
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 06:24:12 PM

Amusing that i have been written off by everyone :)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:21 PM

I haven't! =p

Dark Elves are Dark Elves. I've played them enough to know what they are capable of.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:54 PM

Game's set for tomorrow.

Dark Elves are playing black.

Amazon chess is apparently normal chess but the Queen can move like a Knight.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:50:49 PM by Comstar »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 06:55:51 PM

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 15, 2011, 05:12:05 PM

The First Semi Final has been played - game ended 1-1 after 16 turns, but with the amazons reduced to 7 players in overtime and the elves were reduced to 10. Comstar got the recieve in overtime but the lack of rerolls finally told and a defensive touchdown was scored by the elves. Final score 2-1 to the Wildcards.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 05:13:15 PM

The 1st Semi Final is over

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:17:25 PM by Comstar »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #60 on: March 15, 2011, 05:36:47 PM

ACK!

More at the images than the results though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 15, 2011, 06:03:59 PM

That was my reaction to losing. Note to all new coaches- a team new to the league is going into the finals!

I really hope the Skaven win, that way I'll keep my players on the "Most games played" table. Go rats!

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 06:30:17 PM

I've been available all day today and Llyse has been busy. I think I should get the win, he's obviously not putting the effort in,
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #63 on: March 15, 2011, 07:00:43 PM

Unbelievable.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:13 PM

AND THE CURSE CONTINUES: NO TEAM EVER WON THE f13 LEAGUE TWICE IN A ROW!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 11:00:39 PM

I've been available all day today and Llyse has been busy. I think I should get the win, he's obviously not putting the effort in,

Haha, sadly I work in the day, but this weekend sounds perfect for our Aussie dominated final.

Half of the quarter finalists were aussies (Megrim, Lamaros, Comstar and myself)

3/4 of the semi finalists were aussies  Ohhhhh, I see.

But yeah your preference for furries has been noted Lamaros  awesome, for real

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19:14 AM

I am leaving tomorrow. If the game won't be played in the next 24 hours, I'll give Modern Angel comissioner rights so he will be able to advance the day to the Final match while I am out.

Sad that I am missing the end of the season, it's so weeird!

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 02:31:17 AM

Very unlikely to be played in the next 24 hours.

I'm going to have 560k in inducements. I think I will go for three bribes, a wizard and two bloodweiser babes. Going to foul your whole damn team off sparky! Kill me some dead things.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:07:13 AM by lamaros »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:12 AM

Andy spent a lot of time fouling my girls, and used his one bribe, but I don't think it caused more than stuns. The Wizard defiantly helped him regain the ball at one stage. Having the Bloodwiser babe also helped.

Perhaps Morg might make an appearance?

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 05:21:51 AM

This is quite obviously a bunch of lies. There is no way new teams can compete with the established ones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Playoffs Quarter Finals!  
Jump to: