Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#3 - Game Day #5  (Read 27392 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:17 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #5
** All games have to be played BEFORE February 20th **

** All games have to be played BEFORE February 20th **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:19:49 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:33 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #4

Scores:

Standings (4 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

The Graveyard:

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:25:31 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:25:57 PM

Updated the OP with the TD diffs, the playoff fever is here.

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:32:26 PM

700,000 in inducements....

Really?  awesome, for real

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:36:21 PM

Looks like we have a tie-breaking match in the Twilight division. Hey Scadente, when are you up to have your dreams crushed?

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:38:39 PM

Never.

I'm sure we will catch each other on Steam someday soon.

The weekend is usually the best time for me.

Reminder: My Steam name is LoveTruncheon
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:42:22 PM by Scadente »

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 12:44:35 PM

Ok, I'll bother you all the time now. The girls need orc ears to ornate the new Season 5 away jerseys.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 01:13:02 PM

Just to pop the cherry on what I hope is a wild Day 5: Hunqua Hunqua Burninglove 2-1 over Team Snoosnoo in an upset special.

I'd give an accounting but I don't even know what really happened. First half, I pulled the old refused flank ropeadope: go left, pull the defense that way, sling the ball right to an open receiver. I didn't catch it, which was mostly expected, but the next thing I know there's a skink with the ball halfway down the field. I managed to sneak the ball away from drogg's offense the next half but it was no use, with him breaking the tie in his next to last turn.

To be brutally honest, Lizardmen teams are my weakness. I'm terrible against them. Awful. We're talking played them twenty odd times, won two or three of those. This held form and has opened the Stormbringer division up when it looked completely locked away, even putting drogg's noob team within striking distance of a playoff spot.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 02:16:40 PM

Just to pop the cherry on what I hope is a wild Day 5: Hunqua Hunqua Burninglove 2-1 over Team Snoosnoo in an upset special.

I'd give an accounting but I don't even know what really happened. First half, I pulled the old refused flank ropeadope: go left, pull the defense that way, sling the ball right to an open receiver. I didn't catch it, which was mostly expected, but the next thing I know there's a skink with the ball halfway down the field. I managed to sneak the ball away from drogg's offense the next half but it was no use, with him breaking the tie in his next to last turn.

To be brutally honest, Lizardmen teams are my weakness. I'm terrible against them. Awful. We're talking played them twenty odd times, won two or three of those. This held form and has opened the Stormbringer division up when it looked completely locked away, even putting drogg's noob team within striking distance of a playoff spot.

i was nervous going in because modern angel's team has a bulleted list of all the skills i hate: block, tackle, mighty blow all over the place, four blorcs hat can match me blow for blow and a troll with guard and stand firm.  luckily my game with eldaec left me with enough winnings to pick up my last saurus, so i was able to field all six and my trusty krox and leave a deep enough skink bench to handle a few of the little guys getting pasted.  inducementwise i grabbed as many kegs of bloodweiser as i could carry and an extra reroll, both of which came in very handy.

my move speed really won the day here - every time the ball got loose i was able to either cage it off or get a skink in there fast enough to break away, and on defense i could react faster than he could reform his push.  the one snoosnoo TD came from him boxing my catcher fairly deep on my side in between two tacklers - i managed to blitz one off but the other one stuck and even a reroll couldn't keep the little guy from eating dirt, and the orcs mopped up too fast for me to compensate.  modern angel also had really rough block dice luck - he went for a lot of single die rolls, but with block he should've been able to nail me more often than he did.

feels good to ruin all those day five predictions Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:48 PM

Falc I don't have a +2 TD rate. I am sorry that Nix quit but I am getting credited for it! I have lost 2-1, drawn 3-3, won 3-0 and 'won' 2-0 (the game Tele won 7-0 with the other high scoring team in the league). I assume the error is from going off BBManager?

Should be:

Llyse 10
Ice 3
Lamaros 4
Ingmar 1
Tele 3
Ezrast -2
Cad -7
Nix -12
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:55:01 PM by lamaros »
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 07:05:16 PM

Dandies V. Undead sweatervests

Match POSTPONED at halftime.

Dandies were out to a decent lead w/ a few undead off the pitch and a 1-0 lead, but Celer  crashed out. We are going to try again on Saturday.

Falc, can you please reset our match?

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 07:30:53 PM

Gutspillers 3 Peace Dogs 1.  I got lucky with a lot of rolls, dodges and GFI.  Only downside is I lost a zombie (R.I.P. Amy Winehouse Heartbreak).
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 08:20:20 PM

i was nervous going in because modern angel's team has a bulleted list of all the skills i hate: block, tackle, mighty blow all over the place, four blorcs hat can match me blow for blow and a troll with guard and stand firm.  luckily my game with eldaec left me with enough winnings to pick up my last saurus, so i was able to field all six and my trusty krox and leave a deep enough skink bench to handle a few of the little guys getting pasted.  inducementwise i grabbed as many kegs of bloodweiser as i could carry and an extra reroll, both of which came in very handy.

my move speed really won the day here - every time the ball got loose i was able to either cage it off or get a skink in there fast enough to break away, and on defense i could react faster than he could reform his push.  the one snoosnoo TD came from him boxing my catcher fairly deep on my side in between two tacklers - i managed to blitz one off but the other one stuck and even a reroll couldn't keep the little guy from eating dirt, and the orcs mopped up too fast for me to compensate.  modern angel also had really rough block dice luck - he went for a lot of single die rolls, but with block he should've been able to nail me more often than he did.

feels good to ruin all those day five predictions Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

This division is rapidly becoming very close. the last few matches are going to be very interesting.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 09:00:09 PM

(R.I.P. Amy Winehouse Heartbreak).
They tried to make her go to rehab.

She said "No, no, noooooooo!"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 09:12:04 PM

And as soon as she started bitching, I put her down.  why so serious?

That was a fun, close game, a lot closer than the 3-1 score indicated. Ginaz spent a lot of time on the first possession while I tried to screen him until I could get a good hit on the ghoul carrying the ball. I never could manage to get him down before he scored. Then two turns later, the High Elves finally got a play to come together perfectly. Long bomb over the middle to a catcher who ran it in for my first touchdown. The second half came along and I got the ball, setting up another long bomb attempt when a ghoul broke through the blockers and set his sights on my thrower. The thrower attempted a dodge, hopping to get open enough to toss the hail mary down the pitch when he tripped over a displaced ghoul tooth, dropping the ball near enough my goal line that the ghoul went in for the score. I forget how the third score came up but even after that I had a chance to score a 2nd TD when I got greedy with a tackle zone and ended up with the ball in a ghoul's hand instead of the catcher I meant it for.

Good game, but probably the last chance I have this season to get a win.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:00:32 PM

Dandies V. Undead sweatervests

Match POSTPONED at halftime.

I feel really bad about it, because I was definitely at a disadvantage before the crash.  I intentionally rebooted and ONLY launched Steam/BB because of last week's crash, but I guess that's not good enough.  I played a friendly with Ingmar immediately after and did not crash, so I am really confused...
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:28:24 PM

Avoid using formations. They seemed bugged to hell right now
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:37 AM

This.  Each time I have seen someone crash, it has been because they tried to use a formation.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 05:43:19 AM

Despite his very low TV, Haemish has a nifty Level 3 Quarterback now. Since he loves the passing game, I foresee the Dogs becoming an exciting, spectacular team pretty soon.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Shit, passing is about the only goddamn thing the Peace Dogs do well. They can't seem to dodge, pick up the ball or injure anyone (though I did kill a zombie last night) - or score, for that matter.

But yeah, my Passer is getting up there. Level 3. I have to see what skills I get at lunch.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:04 AM

Hmm I do occasionally use formations, I can't recall if I did on my crashes.  I'll just ignore them from now on.

I see on the support forums that some are making a connection between using formations and crashing on the NEXT TD/kickoff, which might be why it's not immediately obvious that's what is causing problems.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 10:39:23 AM

Ok, guess its time to show my BB newbness.  WTF is a formation (in the game sense, I now what it means in real life..)?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 10:59:11 AM

Hey, Falconeer. I could have sworn that I raked in 60000 GP for my last match but when I went in today to level up my thrower, I only had 20k in the treasury. Has the money just not been updated yet, or is something screwy?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 11:12:17 AM

Ok, guess its time to show my BB newbness.  WTF is a formation (in the game sense, I now what it means in real life..)?

The drop down thing in the upper right with stuff like "The Wall", "Attract Centre", etc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 11:39:22 AM

Is that for opening kick off placement?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 11:42:02 AM

Hey, Falconeer. I could have sworn that I raked in 60000 GP for my last match but when I went in today to level up my thrower, I only had 20k in the treasury. Has the money just not been updated yet, or is something screwy?

Something screwy swamp poop

As far as I know, that happens a lot in Leagues. In the Orca Cola we got a message where they said they were aware of the problem and looking into it. Basically, sometimes money just disappear. How sad and stupid is that? I am sorry. I am researching the official forums myself now.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 11:50:32 AM

This is what I got from the Orca Cola management. It's useless, but gives you an idea.

In an effort to stop the fraudulent goblins stealing hard earned Cash (its rare and never actually been proven!), I'd quite like it if you could screenshot your Winnings (only ever shown once at the very end of the game!)

If you reroll keep a track of what you rolled. If they know we're onto them maybe they'll behave

Check when your game is validated or at the beginning of the new week to ensure you got what you expected...and no photoshopped reports showing you earned 1millllion dolllars plz

Thx

Nothing else on the official boards, so I made a thread myself. As far as I know, it only happened to Haemish and AndyDavo in our league so far.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 01:11:56 PM

If it helps, I was awarded 60k and Ginaz got like 20k but got a reroll on it and ended up with 40k.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 01:16:09 PM

I had that happen once last season where I won the match, rolled like a 2 or something for winnings, so decided to reroll and whatever it said I rerolled and won was a big fat lie and I ended up getting 20k, which I am pretty sure was not even a possible result. 

I've been wary of rerolling the winnings since, though this was at least one patch ago.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 01:21:41 PM

Beardstorm! vs. Negative Capability is probably happening tonight, so get your bets in now.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:13 PM

Norse vs Skaven most likely going down Sunday night, if anyone cares.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 03:12:06 PM

Mister Sky - when do you want to play? can you play on saturday afternoon?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 04:03:07 PM

Amazons vs Norse in 1 hour. This match could decide the fate of the playoffs.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 04:12:25 PM

If we only had live broadcast....

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 04:21:14 PM

Srsly.  We have the intro film already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKotmfsKOz4
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#3 - Game Day #5  
Jump to: