Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League * 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  (Read 212020 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #105 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:03 PM

Llyse joined with 8 teams (at the same time). What's wrong with this nice guy?  awesome, for real

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #106 on: February 06, 2011, 08:27:06 PM

Applied with a bunch of teams including Norse to see why you and Ramas love them so much

Can't wait for some f13 matchmaking! awesome, for real

Universal block is a beautiful thing, even if you have to take lessened armor for it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: February 07, 2011, 05:20:46 AM

Llyse joined with 8 teams (at the same time). What's wrong with this nice guy?  awesome, for real

Did you let them in? We tried to play a game before and he said they weren't in the league yet. :(
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: February 07, 2011, 06:17:32 AM

Oh man, I am sorry. It was 5am I think and I wasn't really making sense. I'll do it in 3 hours.

Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 07, 2011, 07:07:41 AM

Universal block is a beautiful thing, even if you have to take lessened armor for it.

Or you could just play dwarves.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: February 07, 2011, 07:02:13 PM

Another game with the dark elves, another dead player. This time my +agi Witch Elf. Double 1s on a dodge, followed by the apothecary saying "nah, you're too dead to do anything".

Alas.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #111 on: February 07, 2011, 07:05:02 PM

The Presidents strike again!  When will their bloodlust be slaked?!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 07, 2011, 11:36:42 PM

Llyse applied with three teams that were not brand new and had played other games in other Leagues, some even had level ups. Bad Llyse, bad! I rejected those applications, of course.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #113 on: February 08, 2011, 06:51:35 AM

Llyse applied with three teams that were not brand new and had played other games in other Leagues, some even had level ups. Bad Llyse, bad! I rejected those applications, of course.

My bad, selected the wrong teams.

Recreated and applied with an Ogre and Khemri team for more bashing fun :D
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: February 08, 2011, 07:08:25 AM

The Presidents strike again!  When will their bloodlust be slaked?!

3 Blodging Chaos Warriors? really? Really?  ACK!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: February 08, 2011, 07:12:05 AM

I smell a new Chaos Team in Season #4 with a fucking amazing 1250TV starting lineup here...

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:41 AM

I smell a new Chaos Team in Season #4 with a fucking amazing 1250TV starting lineup here...
That is actually my plan as well. But rolling 3 doubles out of 4 chaos warriors ? They are going to be the first do die.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:05 AM

Yah it's cool, everyone can just make more Chaos teams to kill the players on the other Chaos teams so that no Chaos teams take over the league. Problem solved!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: February 08, 2011, 11:06:05 AM

Sounds like... mass chaos.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: February 08, 2011, 11:13:18 AM

Helm, did you join the feeder League already? I can't remember if I got your applications yet.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #120 on: February 08, 2011, 02:05:27 PM

I got pretty lucky on the three blodges though two of them are MA4 due to hip injuries.  They're all probably getting guard and becoming spectacularly annoying soon.

Nixon got a +1 AGI, and my main ball carrier is +1 STR also.  Taft, my minotaur, got block on his first skill-up as well.  I really am thinking of trying to get them in under the cap, but I don't know.  They sure are fun to play.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: February 08, 2011, 02:12:05 PM

I got pretty lucky on the three blodges though two of them are MA4 due to hip injuries.  They're all probably getting guard and becoming spectacularly annoying soon.

Nixon got a +1 AGI, and my main ball carrier is +1 STR also.  Taft, my minotaur, got block on his first skill-up as well.  I really am thinking of trying to get them in under the cap, but I don't know.  They sure are fun to play.

It will be impossible to get them under the cap without losing most of them. Just
Your mino pushes up to it, let alone with block. And +str too... You can't really take any more than two skilled players unless you drop rerolls or something.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #122 on: February 08, 2011, 02:13:41 PM

Block + dodge on 3 CWs = 150k right there. Add another 90k for the +1 str and +1 agi, and 30k for block on a minotaur and you're at 1270 even if nobody else on the team has anything and these are your exact starting players.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #123 on: February 08, 2011, 02:32:54 PM

Yeah, I've been doing the math a bit here and there.  If I got rid of the +1 AGI Nixon, which I could afford, I could manage it.  It would suck especially though because he is level 2, and so I can build his entire skillset around that +AGI.  I'd have to also get rid of Millard Fillmore, however, who is a stone cold killer with block, MB and claws.  There's no easy way to make the cuts, but if I just wanted to save my blodgey CWs, my ball-handler, and my mino I think I could get in.

Another option is to ditch the mino completely, and pick up a level 1 beastman to take that 11th slot.  That buys me a good bit of room to slip in other players I think are more useful.  Losing a mino with block sucks, but he's only level 2 and getting rid of him makes a lot of room without ruining the team.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: February 08, 2011, 04:11:21 PM

Helm, did you join the feeder League already? I can't remember if I got your applications yet.
I will create a team for the league after I woke up. Good night.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #125 on: February 09, 2011, 07:51:40 AM

I wonder why they inflate the TV numbers so much. Why not have the numbers in Ingmar's post be 15, 9, 3 and 127? :)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 09, 2011, 08:41:34 AM

I think it's part of the roleplaying/lore aspect of the board game. I mean, you are talking about building and managing a team, hiring players and paying salaries. It wouldn't sound that cool or realistic if you paid "5" for a player or you know "16" for a deathroller.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: February 09, 2011, 10:58:01 AM

Yeah, basically that's why. In lore terms 10 is actually 10,000 gold or whatever.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: February 09, 2011, 12:11:45 PM

In all this chaos excitement - I bring stats courtesy of BBManager that other coaches may want to consider in a chaos heavy league...

51% Lizardmen
51% Undead
49% Wood Elf
48% Amazon
47% Necromantic
45% Norse
45% Skaven
44% Dark ELf
41% Dwarf
39% Orc
38% High Elf
34% Ogre
33% Khemri
33% Nurgle
32% Human
28% Halfling
22% Goblin
22% Vampire

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #129 on: February 09, 2011, 12:30:07 PM

And what are these stats depicting?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 09, 2011, 12:30:44 PM

Probably win rate vs chaos across all reported BBM matches.

Also while that may make you think "hey chaos is overpowered, only 2 teams beat them better than 50%!" remember that a fairly high % of games are ties in BB, so something like a 45% win rate is actually reasonably strong.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:32:33 PM by Ingmar »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: February 09, 2011, 01:28:46 PM

Those stats are kind of meaningless as they don't really account for tv in any way.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 09, 2011, 02:18:27 PM

Those stats are kind of meaningless as they don't really account for tv in any way.

And here I thought they were meaningless because they were not accompanied by any context or explanation.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #133 on: February 09, 2011, 09:01:53 PM

Played my second game with the Blood Buckets Chaos team against Lamaros and lost 2-0. I might have been able to win but apparently not one goddamn beastman on my team can pick up a ball. I missed every fucking pick up roll I tried and every fucking pass as well. There were a couple of moves I made that I regretted the instant I made them. Good news is my minotaur has leveled and is an absolute beast at putting motherfuckers in the dirt. Bad news is no one else seems able to pick up any SPP whatsoever. 3 Chaos Warriors are sitting on 0 SPP after two matches and numerous blocks.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: February 10, 2011, 04:06:39 PM

Can we get another admin for different timezones? I know you're up most of the day falc but sometimes the urge to play a new team cannot be sated!:)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: February 10, 2011, 04:22:47 PM

But I'm a control freak! I have issues!

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: February 10, 2011, 10:48:50 PM

So I played my first game in the f13 MatchMaking League last night vs IceCream...

Out of the 7/8 teams I had I got... Katzkinsky's Lancers - my Human superstars!

First half went well, with Sean the Blitzer causing two casualties and Katze scoring a defensive TD after making some elf like dodges. The Lizard team was down to 3 Saurus with 1 badly hurt and the other enjoying time with Mr Sandman.

2nd half the Lancers received and looked like to score easily with except Sean receiving a death blow from casual block from 1 of the last Saurus... Great, my star blitzer with 4 spp dies.  Heartbreak

It's 2-0 now with Lizards back to 4 Saurus but with an early double skulls it's a mad scramble on the right wing for the ball and some more stunty skinks failing dodges results in a 3-0 win for the Lancers.

And of course Sean the Dead Blitzer gets MVP, so no 5 spp for a 3-0 win.   Heartbreak

And another star team for Season #4 is born!  awesome, for real
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: February 11, 2011, 03:46:08 AM

Humans are surprisingly hard to get a handle on how to use well.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: February 11, 2011, 04:01:31 AM

You really need to play them as a counter-team.

My best successes with them has been to skill all linemen into Wrestle/Fend/Dirty Player; two blitzers as all out killers (MB/Tackle/Piling On), and two as safeties(Tackle/Shadowing/Guard).

Their catchers really need S 3, but you can use them to run the ball (Blodge) or as defensive markers (with Diving Tackle and Wrestle).

All in all, I think humans are very average, but get REALLY good with a few Agility and Strength skillups, and because of their averageness can start making super-specialized players.

They also look the best!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: February 11, 2011, 05:32:49 AM

Well so far my Lizardmen team has yet to win a game -- the latest a nail-biting, last-turn draw with AndyDavo's Dark Elf team -- but they sure can kill the crap out of opposition players. Star saurus Uldalashi is rarely satisfied with simply injuring the people he knocks down -- 2 out of his 3 inflicted casualties have been straight-up Deads, making him the most dangerous player in the league.

Throw in two more murderous sauruses and the deadliest Skink this side of the Rio Grande, and the Warriors of the Sun are averaging 1.25 dead opposition players per game. In fact, out of the 6 total casualties inflicted by this team, 5 of them have been deaths.

Now if only they could score touchdowns.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:37:24 AM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  
Jump to: