Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:46:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League * 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  (Read 208315 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 06:31:24 PM

Considering how many Chaos Warriors and Beastmen Lamaros' assassin just stabbed in the hips, I'd say your odds aren't bad.  Seriously, I've got two chaos warriors with a -1MV now, and a dead Rutherford B. Hayes.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:22 PM

Considering how many Chaos Warriors and Beastmen Lamaros' assassin just stabbed in the hips, I'd say your odds aren't bad.  Seriously, I've got two chaos warriors with a -1MV now, and a dead Rutherford B. Hayes.

Possibly the best game an Assassin has played. 3 casualties and two KOs. And he was given skills point for them too.

Nuffle is a tricksy beast. Without an apoth or any rerolls I managed to win, taking out half Ruvaldt's team. It was nasty nasty stuff. Just when we thought the Assassin could do no more he went and took out another two players. Against 8 and 9 AV too...
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 07:11:09 PM

Applied with a Human team.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 07:13:36 PM

I think unspent cash still counts as half for TV, but yeah.

Also, no I really don't think it does. Otherwise you'd see Dwarf and Ork teams with +1k to their tvs just from the money they have piled up.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 07:15:34 PM

...Why dwarf and ork teams?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 07:16:49 PM

They aren't well known for losing players.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 07:19:59 PM

We could also just say that if your team joins the real league, you aren't allowed to bring any money with you.  Still think its a fair trade off for getting a chance to level a team up the way you want.

Also, just applied with a Dwarven Team.  Somebody let me in!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 07:32:12 PM

Still think its a fair trade off for getting a chance to level a team up the way you want.

I was going to write something about people not fucking understanding that this is the exact problem with importing teams into a (mildly) competitive league, but I think at this stage I really can't be bothered.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 07:36:30 PM

Still think its a fair trade off for getting a chance to level a team up the way you want.

I was going to write something about people not fucking understanding that this is the exact problem with importing teams into a (mildly) competitive league, but I think at this stage I really can't be bothered.

Yeah. 1250 TV after 7 games, accepting what comes your way is a hell of a lot different to 1250 TV that you have carefully planned and pruned after 30 games.

I am pretty dead set against anyone entering the league this way, but until it looks likely to happen I guess won't make too much of an issue of it.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 07:40:42 PM

Yeah, it won't come up for a while.  Right now I'm just enjoying the new league, and plotting revenge against Nuffle's pet assassin.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 09:56:16 PM

Yeah. 1250 TV after 7 games, accepting what comes your way is a hell of a lot different to 1250 TV that you have carefully planned and pruned after 30 games.

On the other hand, it still compares fairly poorly with 1800+ TV, which is around where I expect a few of the veteran teams will finish this season. If a TV limit is going to be used, with all the perks that entails for teams in terms of grooming players, having it the limit itself set very low is going to correct for those problems in terms of league viability.

Personally I am fine either way -- I do think a games-played metric makes more sense, but like many others I am mostly going to just be playing random games and having fun, not worrying about funnelling SPP to my linesmen or whatever.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 10:07:53 PM

How about adding some people to approve apps?  Timezones and all... my what do we have here?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:42 PM

applied

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:11 PM

Approved everything.

I agree that 1250 TV and NO MONEY in your pocket is the way you go. You fine tune your 1250 if you want but you enter the new League with that and just that (20k give or take if you really can't make the math works between burning extra money on players to fire and evening out with some cheerleader and stuff). So it's not really NO MONEY. Let's say 1250 TV and 20K cash in your pocket.

Approved all the applications.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:56:39 AM by Falconeer »

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 02, 2011, 01:47:49 AM

Applied with Carnifex's Cripplers as I plan to join in for season 4.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 09:40:53 AM

Couldn't you just apply your money to extra cheerleaders, save, then go back in and fire them all?  Since Cheerleaders only cost 10K, that means you should be able to zero out all your cash.  You can do the same with rerolls and the such.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:20 AM

Yeah, that would be the best way of getting rid of all of your money before entering the regular league since no money is refunded when you fire assistant coaches, etc.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:50 AM

You can fire Coaches and Cheerleaders? Ok then, back to the original NO MONEY POLICY. Updated requisites in the OP.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:58:16 AM by Falconeer »

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 02, 2011, 10:18:11 AM

Hi All

I have lurked on F13 for some time and followed the previous BB league thread with a lot of interest and this season's tournament even got me to invest in a copy of the game which I have to say is very good fun just against the AI. So I would like to apply to join the feeder league with a view to joining the main league in season 4 if there is space, hopefully this should be a good way to learn the game before the srs business starts and get to know you all in the process, so if there is no objection I'd like ot put forward my Lizardmen team - The Minizilla's

Ulysees
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011, 10:24:41 AM

Hiya, Ulysees.  Don't forget to join the Steam group; it makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to see that you're online and available to organize a game in the matchmaking league.  That goes for everyone else joining who isn't in the regular league.  Steam is my primary means of assessing who is online and ready for a game and who isn't because I don't like hanging out in the Blood Bowl lobby all day.  So unless I see you around on Steam I won't know to ask, and vice versa.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011, 02:50:20 PM

Apparently people can join with more than one team.

What do you think? Should we allow this?

List pros and cons please.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #56 on: February 02, 2011, 03:00:33 PM

It wouldn't really affect the regular league any more or any less.  It'd be kind of nice for me; I'd consider playing a Goblin team from time to time for laughs, but wouldn't ever play them in the regular league, for instance.  This gives me, and others, that opportunity, but doesn't exclude us from having another, more serious team, in the matchmaking league as well.  Plus, it allows us to test various team builds that we might like to bring into the regular season, but aren't completely committed to.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 03:01:12 PM

I don't see any reason to limit the number of teams people can have for this really.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 02, 2011, 03:19:25 PM

Yeah, while you can potentially get teams from this league into the main leagues (we'll see when the time actually comes that somebody wants to transfer), I think this league should first and foremost be a fun screw around place for us to play each other easily.  So, let us bring in as many teams as we want, I say.

-Stephen Colbert
Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:41 PM

Hiya, Ulysees.  Don't forget to join the Steam group; it makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to see that you're online and available to organize a game in the matchmaking league.  That goes for everyone else joining who isn't in the regular league.  Steam is my primary means of assessing who is online and ready for a game and who isn't because I don't like hanging out in the Blood Bowl lobby all day.  So unless I see you around on Steam I won't know to ask, and vice versa.

The Steam group is invite-only last I checked.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 03:33:59 PM

But everyone is entitled to join as long as they are from here. I made it invite only cause we were getting spambots in. Kalle, send me an email/steam name so I can invite you.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 03:57:14 PM

I invited Kalle already, also ch34pV1agr4 and p3n15pi||s who both look like fine additions to our Bloodbowling community.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 04:16:27 PM

I would to like multiple teams - I've applied with a sliughtly different version of my normal team to practice with, but I also want to try a halfling or ogre team.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:49 PM

Ok I applied a second team myself. Feels safe and cool to have more freedom and forget about the silly public Leagues.

Anyway, can't wait to try my Dwarf Deathroller, wheeeee.....

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 06:19:20 PM

Well Ruvaldt and I had another game with a reverse scoreline this time. The Assassin was useless this time around, apart from one stab on the ball carrier, and it was me who ended the game with half the team off the pitch. This even though Ruvaldt had fewer Chaos Warriors and half a team with loner. Just goes to show how much nuffle can dictate results.

The bum did give my 5 agi Witch Elf a niggling injury, but I guess if that's the worst you take from a beating you've got to be happy with it.

So far one of Ruvaldt or I have played in all the matches in this feeder league. C'mon guys, stop making us look like lazy bums!
Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 06:37:47 PM

I was going to play Ruvaldt but my internet connection decided that was an opportune moment to stop working.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 06:47:46 PM

So, how do we play a game against each other in league?  Only two ways I've done it before are either hitting the matchmaking button in the public league, or hitting play in our private league with a game already scheduled.  I'm willing to play now if anybody wants to.

-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 02, 2011, 06:54:33 PM

So, how do we play a game against each other in league?  Only two ways I've done it before are either hitting the matchmaking button in the public league, or hitting play in our private league with a game already scheduled.  I'm willing to play now if anybody wants to.

Click your team in the league, it will then list anyone else in the league who is online. Then highlight them and click challenge.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 06:55:39 PM

Ah, got it.  Nobody is in league then, heh.

-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 01:28:30 AM

I look forward to many more like them, Lamaros.  Millard Fillmore picked up Mighty Blow in anticipation of meeting your assassin again on the pitch...

To everyone in the matchmaking league: if I am online it probably means that I am looking for a match to play so just send me a message and we'll work something out.  I am a Blood Bowl addict, and I'd rather not play with the Auld World plebs any longer now that I have the opportunity to only play against f13ers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  
Jump to: