Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 161191 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #630 on: January 21, 2011, 06:11:47 PM

Hmm I am totally torn on what to spend my cash money on prior to next Gameday's matchup with ezrast's Lizards. I can afford to buy my second Flesh Golem (my original plan), but due to some very luck winnings rolls I could alternately buy not one but two Ghouls.

So speed and fragility vs. strength and durability. This is particularly difficult to decide because, of course, Lizard teams are both very fast (Skinks) and very strong (Sauruses). While I do already have some speedy werewolves, and have been noticing the lack of bashiness, I feel increasingly like Flesh Golems are only useful as punching bags; especially this early in development, where nobody on my team has Guard. It's nice to have something to put in the melee that can take (a lot of) hits, but it's hard to tell if another Golem is actually going to help me win games -- whereas it's obvious that a couple of scurrying, dodging, ball-carrying ghouls will definitely do that. Especially since it frees up my werewolves to go claw some Sauruses in the face.

Any thoughts from the gallery? I really don't know anything about how Lizards play, and what weaknesses if any they possess. If I buy a Ghoul I'll get a Golem next game and vice versa, so it really just comes down to what I want for the Lizard game.

Lots of nice bashable zombies.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #631 on: January 21, 2011, 06:48:59 PM

Oh, there is a third option: leave my team at 10 men, play with a Loner zombie, and figure out what to do with 210k of inducements learn how to do basic arithmetic.

Ah well, went with the Golem. They make such a great sound when they fall down.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:40:53 PM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #632 on: January 23, 2011, 02:45:08 PM

Well in a comedy of errors and bad rolls, the Nifty Helmets managed to draw with OffSidhes 1-1.
Both teams needed to be augmented with mercenaries just in order to field a team. Then it was a series of horrible luck that doomed the Off-Sidhes (starting with some early casualties but later culminating some failed ball-handling and go-for-it-ness at the goal line that kept the elves from winning) and some horrible mismanagement that failed the Nifty Helmets.

(I think I've posted the replay to the BB Manager, in order for Falconer to validate the game, but I'm not positive)

-Gruntle
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #633 on: January 23, 2011, 04:02:59 PM

Question: for the playoffs which division plays which?

Or will this be random (yes I will be making the playoffs)

Time to make a predictions thread...
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #634 on: January 23, 2011, 04:07:23 PM

I say good on you for going in, what? Four Warriors down? and making a good go of it.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: January 23, 2011, 04:15:53 PM

In the mismatch of the round, Amazons vs Undead results in the biggest gap this season: 5-0 and a dead Ghoul.

The game started badly for the Undead when they started with 600,000 inducements...and bought a barrel of Bugmans finest, 3 bribes (that were never used) and forgot to call up the star player with the rest!

I would have maybe made it 6-0 but for a failed GFI towards the opposition cage. I think the ball only travelled across the Amazon's half of the pitch when the Amazon's made a failed  backwards pass, and a Wright made the play of the game by dodging out of 2 Amazons and picking up the ball inside a tacklezone. The rest of the time the girls were handing the ball over to whoever needed the SPP most from the touchdowns and pretty much in complete control.

Pro tips if you watch the replay: Watch the Ghoul not get covered on the first kick off- ALWAYS cover the ball pickup if you can, because whenever you don't, you'll end up needing too. Also, if you have the choice of a pushback towards the sides of the pitch- do so. It's a good tactic to use because getting dodge/down won't help if he crowd can help you.

My Star Amazon Lineswomen with +1AG (contrary to reports, she's NOT a Bltizer) got a skill, along with 2 blitzers. I don't know what to give an agility 4 Amazon, Pro perhaps? Two of the Blodging Blitzers who did not have a skill yet also gain one - guard probably if they don't get yet another stat bonus.

Round 2 is now complete I think. Any predictions for Round 3? I'm going up vs squishy Elf team who's starting the game out-manned before the kick off. Perhaps they might a play for the Halfling Chef this time. However, I ended both halves of this match with 2-3 reroll's each, I don't think it would have made much a difference either way.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:20:14 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #636 on: January 23, 2011, 04:32:11 PM

Nice win com, but I can but hope that Iain's Blacktouched stabs you in the eye. Hard.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:39:43 PM by Llyse »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: January 23, 2011, 04:35:26 PM

In the mismatch of the round, Amazons vs Undead results in the biggest gap this season: 5-0 and a dead Ghoul.

The game started badly for the Undead when they started with 600,000 inducements...and bought a barrel of Bugmans finest, 3 bribes (that were never used) and forgot to call up the star player with the rest!

I would have maybe made it 6-0 but for a failed GFI towards the opposition cage. I think the ball only travelled across the Amazon's half of the pitch when the Amazon's made a failed  backwards pass, and a Wright made the play of the game by dodging out of 2 Amazons and picking up the ball inside a tacklezone. The rest of the time the girls were handing the ball over to whoever needed the SPP most from the touchdowns and pretty much in complete control.

Pro tips if you watch the replay: Watch the Ghoul not get covered on the first kick off- ALWAYS cover the ball pickup if you can, because whenever you don't, you'll end up needing too. Also, if you have the choice of a pushback towards the sides of the pitch- do so. It's a good tactic to use because getting dodge/down won't help if he crowd can help you.

My Star Amazon Lineswomen with +1AG (contrary to reports, she's NOT a Bltizer) got a skill, along with 2 blitzers. I don't know what to give an agility 4 Amazon, Pro perhaps? Two of the Blodging Blitzers who did not have a skill yet also gain one - guard probably if they don't get yet another stat bonus.

Round 2 is now complete I think. Any predictions for Round 3? I'm going up vs squishy Elf team who's starting the game out-manned before the kick off. Perhaps they might a play for the Halfling Chef this time. However, I ended both halves of this match with 2-3 reroll's each, I don't think it would have made much a difference either way.

That was a curb stomp from the opening kick off. 

And RIP Gary Busey. Heartbreak
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #638 on: January 23, 2011, 07:16:27 PM

Jesus, really feeling a bit robbed by playing is what looks like the most-closely matched division.

That's a TD roughly every 3 turns.  swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #639 on: January 23, 2011, 08:19:45 PM

Jesus, really feeling a bit robbed by playing is what looks like the most-closely matched division.

Eh, the Battletech division feels/looks pretty evenly matched, with the obvious exception of Llyse's Necros. I expect a fairly heated fight for the #2 spot.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #640 on: January 24, 2011, 04:54:36 AM

In Season 4...

...Chaos will reign.!

(fuck you all for making me buy this game (again) )

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #641 on: January 24, 2011, 05:01:04 AM

About time, Helm. About time.

Welcome back.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #642 on: January 24, 2011, 05:45:20 AM

That's a TD roughly every 3 turns.  swamp poop

Quite your whining till you lose a Veteran player  why so serious?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #643 on: January 24, 2011, 06:46:20 AM

In Season 4...
I saw that on steam and cheered a lilbit.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: January 24, 2011, 07:00:17 AM

Helm is so very late. I propose to punish him by forcing him to take hobbits in Season 4. And should Aez ever come back, I propose he takes any team he wants but starts from 500 TV.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #645 on: January 24, 2011, 08:40:46 AM

I'll play one of the Chaos teams anyway. They develop so late that I am punished enough, I think.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #646 on: January 24, 2011, 03:40:31 PM

This is just a preemptive apology/warning, my scheduling will become horrible soon.

This week is just a bit awkward but ultimately shouldn't have a problem finding a good spot for Hoax, but next week I'm relocating and I'm expecting an internet blackout until some amount of faffing around has been completed. Shouldn't theoretically drag on so much as to threaten the 9 days (I hope) but will certainly stop me seeing pms quickly and will likely delay some matches.

So if I don't reply to you quickly when you are trying to get in touch over the next week or two - this is why.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #647 on: January 28, 2011, 09:33:57 AM

Ginaz - i have sent you a mail in game but i have not heard from you, i have not seen you in game either. when can you play? i will be free sunday evening or monday  / tues next week.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #648 on: January 28, 2011, 09:37:31 AM

Oh god, don't use the ingame mail! :p You won't reach newbs, I just found the mail button two nights ago that had a mail that Bashtards had joined f13!

I wish everyone could decide on one contact method, so far it's been two pms here and one email to the address I listed here.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #649 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:03 AM

I emailed and PMed Ginaz personally after reading AndyDavo's message. If he's in reach of a computer we'll hear back from him.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #650 on: January 28, 2011, 10:27:51 AM

I use Steam if they're online and PM if they're not.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #651 on: January 28, 2011, 10:33:39 AM

Yeah, I'm sticking with F13 PM and Steam chat.  Haven't even checked other methods (and hasn't been a problem so far).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #652 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:07 AM

PMs here are often hard to notice, the notification is small and unobtrusive and it doesn't send an email iirc.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #653 on: January 28, 2011, 11:01:05 AM

I rely on pms on this board or steam chat. I don't really use email for anything. Yeah, in game messages are... not wise.

(I'm also kind of rooting for Day 3 to go the full 9 days so that I have long as possible to sort my connection out)

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #654 on: January 28, 2011, 11:09:49 AM

I rely on PMs here. They send me an email that causes my computer to ding.

Hic sunt dracones.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #655 on: January 28, 2011, 11:25:03 AM

PMs here are often hard to notice, the notification is small and unobtrusive and it doesn't send an email iirc.

Two things everyone should have turned on under Personal Message Options:

Show a pop-up when you receive new messages

Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: Always
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #656 on: January 28, 2011, 02:33:51 PM

I actually used email a lot last season since folks have inconsistent naming conventions. I'm generally reachable by all methods - PM, email, steam.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #657 on: January 28, 2011, 03:58:01 PM

I've used everything but in-game mail, I forgot that existed and its useless.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #658 on: February 10, 2011, 04:44:47 AM

Just wondering how we are deciding tied scores for play-off spots. Is it via the in game system, and is that by TD difference? TDs for? Head to head?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #659 on: February 10, 2011, 04:46:49 AM

Good question. I don't know if it's manual or not. I know my other league is going by TDs for.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #660 on: February 10, 2011, 04:52:20 AM

It has always been TD difference in the f13 League. If TD diff is the same, then it's TD for. If that is the same too, it is who won in the match between the two teams. If it was a tie, it is best TV. If it still a tie, it will be CAS inflicted. If it is still a tie, I'll post the naked pictures from the Ann Arbor photoshoot, and we'll flip a coin to see who advances.

dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #661 on: April 10, 2011, 06:05:03 PM

I just bought this as it's on sale for 10 bucks.  Is a league still extant?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:09:41 PM by dusematic »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: April 10, 2011, 06:33:45 PM

I just bought this as it's on sale for 10 bucks.  Is a league still extant?

There will be soon.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20679.0
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: