Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 161250 times)
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #595 on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:16 PM

Burrowing Beetles is victorious 1-0 over North by Northwest.

Inducements for the Beetles were plentiful: 2 free skeletons, a mercenary Thro-Ra, a star player (the mummy who is not Ramtut, N-something, and he got knocked out for the entire second half, boo), and an Igor.

First half the Beetles kicked, and they eventually knocked the ball loose and scored late in the half.  This was a good sign, since they were receiving in the second half, so the stars were aligned for a 2-0 or 2-1 victory.  

The highlights of the second half included a Beetle offense best described as... glacial.  The ball would often only move 1 or 2 squares per turn, right up the center of the field.  There were many scuffles.  The Blitz Ra got his shoulder broken at some point, not sure who else got injured.   Also I didn't get an Igor prompt on this, so not sure if he regenerated or what.

Actually, the real highlight of the second half was two Tomb Guardians picking up the ball at different times despite their Agility 1.  As the Beetles slowly made their way into the Norse half of the field, there was a glimmer of hope for the Norse as the ball was knocked loose and careened back over the half and towards the sideline, right next to a werewolf .  Sadly, the werewolf was pretty lonely out there and he got surrounded and knocked down, and with two turns left, careful square counting revealed there was no way for the Beetles to score with the time remaining so they just hunkered down and held onto the ball for the rest of the game.

I think I successfully submitted the replay to the BBLeague thingie.

Edit: Aha, study of the game log in BBLeague reveals that my Blitz-Ra did make his regeneration roll, huzzah.  It also shows that one of the Norse werewolves took a -1 Str injury.  Yowch!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:41:46 PM by proudft »
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #596 on: January 20, 2011, 08:30:44 PM

Ice Cream Emperor and I got half way through our game tonight until it crashed. From the get go it was a pretty brutal game both of us sending 2 people off unconscious within the first 4-5 turns. From there it only got worse. He says I was brutalizing him, but I'd say it was fairly even.

We'll see how Day 2 of our Day 2 game goes.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #597 on: January 20, 2011, 09:55:01 PM

Wow, which one of the dickhead admins had this great idea?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #598 on: January 20, 2011, 10:01:55 PM

Sooo, they moved the blood bowl stuff into the old Metaplace graveyard forum?

I'm still trying to figure out why the mods/schild seem to hate blood bowl so much, haha.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #599 on: January 20, 2011, 10:05:03 PM

Well whatever, a subforum is a subforum.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #600 on: January 20, 2011, 10:10:21 PM

Gracias!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #601 on: January 20, 2011, 10:18:39 PM

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: January 20, 2011, 10:32:45 PM

Clearly we just need to start enough topics to push the random stuff off the bottom of page 1.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: January 20, 2011, 11:11:39 PM

He says I was brutalizing him, but I'd say it was fairly even. We'll see how Day 2 of our Day 2 game goes.

Well it's a little fuzzy by now but at the very least you had managed to injure one my werewolves, scoring a sweet -1 STR -- you were definitely up a few other KOs going into the second half, but I definitely still had a chance. However, given my play and general level of mental fitness at the time, I must admit to at least some relief mixed in with the frustration of the crash.

Of course I am confident Nuffle has spared my werewolf this long only so that he can be 'forcibly retired' even harder tomorrow.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #604 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:25 PM

Wait there has been a game crush?

I can reset the game so you can play again, but ONLY if you two both agree that it requires a rematch. We are all gentleman, gentlewoman and gentlequeers here but in induced crash to have the game replayed would be shitty.

So if I got a word from both NiX and Ice Cream asking for a rematch, I'll not reset it and you can replay. Otherwise, if one disagrees, as in other League, result should stand. Let me know as soon as possible.

And SUBFORUM?! OH MY!

P.S: Does it mean Raph is gonna be in Season #4?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #605 on: January 20, 2011, 11:41:16 PM

Good to know that you aspire to be on par with the rest of /v/.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:36 AM

So if I got a word from both NiX and Ice Cream asking for a rematch, I'll not reset it and you can replay. Otherwise, if one disagrees, as in other League, result should stand. Let me know as soon as possible.

Well the result in question was 0-0 at the half -- it crashed during a touchback on the kick-off. I'm not sure the game actually registered anywhere (it's not in my match records online, etc.) so I'm not sure how that would work. I'll defer to Nix if he wants to keep the result (since I had the only injury(ies), and therefore he had the only SPP) but based on our conversation afterwards the plan is to replay it tomorrow (Friday.) If this needs any kind of manual resetting, please do.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: January 21, 2011, 12:43:51 AM

The game shows as unplayed in the League Manager menu, so there's no score I can validate. Seems like you will have to play again. I can only asume it has been a server crash at this point. I am sorry for your wasted time, and for NiX ghost SPPs. Let me know how it goes.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: January 21, 2011, 12:57:06 AM

Sooo, they moved the blood bowl stuff into the old Metaplace graveyard forum?

I'm still trying to figure out why the mods/schild seem to hate blood bowl so much, haha.

Funny thing is last time I checked Schild loved Blood Bowl, he wanted so much to participate in S#1 and S#2 but didn't have money for the game, and Trippy even got a copy but never showed interest in the League. No idea why they were against a subforum.

Anyway, we now have a subforum and I personally want to thank whoever made it happen. Be it NiX, Schild, Trippy or the fucking tooth fairy.

Let's now start a thousand new threads just to make a point.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: January 21, 2011, 04:08:10 AM

Touchdowns Scored

Rebourne's Wrestlers 0 - 4 Silver Horde

Casualties Inflicted

Reboure's Wrestlers 4 - 5 Silver Horde

Match was dominated by the Injury dice, and turned into a win for Silver Horde from the subs bench.

The first half Silver Horde kick off, and the Wresters cage up, but only with snotlings as the Ogres are stuck on the LoS, Horde blitz the ball and take it relatively easily. The Horde are quickly able to cage near the goalline, and Rebourne Wrestler's can't reach the cage because his Ogres can't get mobile. Meanwhile snotlings and linemen were steadily trickling into the injury box. Silver Horde score on turn 7. The Wrestlers get one turn to beat up the horde LoS, but The Undertaker rolls skull and skull/pow on 6 block dice, injuring himself to end the half.

Going into the second half Horde lean on the subs bench to get up to 10 players on the pitch, but the Wrestlers only have a single spare snotling, taking them to 3 Ogres. Morg, and  3 Snotlings.  Horde are able to use numbers to outflank the Wrestlers, and Immortal Jenkins runs in second TD, with Detritus the Yhetee taking out The Big Show in the Process. The Wrestlers only field 2 Ogres, Morg, and 1 Snotling for the final two drives, which also lead to Horde TDs from Boy Willie and Nijel the Destroyer.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #610 on: January 21, 2011, 06:06:14 AM

Good to know that you aspire to be on par with the rest of /v/.

More like all of Gaf. Either way, you got your sub forum. It's not a nice new Lexus, but how can you complain about a barely used Honda that works just as well? Plus, this baby has like 5 miles on it.

Falc - If you want to throw some of the basic info (BBManager!) into a thread I can sticky it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:08:21 AM by NiX »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #611 on: January 21, 2011, 07:40:48 AM

Thank you for the subforum, Nix. See I can be gracious!  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: January 21, 2011, 07:45:39 AM

Does it mean Raph is gonna be in Season #4?
I think it means we're putting crafting and player housing into BB.

The BB infos and links thread should probably make it down here with a sticky.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: January 21, 2011, 08:20:21 AM

Serious question : can the red names even see the graveyard?

I know they (used to?) get locked out of the den.

Could be a pita for Iain if not.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #614 on: January 21, 2011, 08:24:01 AM

I can see the graveyard but not the den.

I guess my delicate sensibilities might be offended if I read something mean about a game I worked on or something.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: January 21, 2011, 08:31:39 AM

I am shamed. The dead Krox was saved by an apoth and I did nothing else to be proud of for the entire game. A lackluster performance to be sure in a 1-1 tie versus the Lizards meaning Snoosnoo will sit unopposed at the top of Stormbringer at the end of the week two and we could as many as four teams just behind on four points depending on the results in the two remaining matches.
things started so well for me too! my krox beat the stuffing out of hoax's lineman and sent two out, then i boxed off the blitzers and black orcs and just danced around in his end zone dodging blocks merrily left and right.  second half nuffle caught on, though, and i started tripping on GFIs and stunty dodges, and hoax's fans took out one of my sauruses and left me without enough cold bodies to stop the orcs from tying things up.

buying an apoth after the first match was the best thing i've ever done for myself, ever.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:22 AM

buying an apoth after the first match was the best thing i've ever done for myself, ever.
I only made 20k the first game (with 10k in the vault). Kinda threw off my plan to pick up the doc before the second game. So lucky I drew the nancy boys and didn't need him. First thing I did yesterday when I got home, level up the lineman who had an amazing game and hire a doc.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #617 on: January 21, 2011, 08:50:12 AM

When he does the hall of fame.jpg Falconeer always misses off the best bit....

Rest in peace lil' blood bowl dudes. We hardly knew ye.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #618 on: January 21, 2011, 09:10:14 AM

Didn't it? Swore I moved it first.

Link me to anything that didn't make it and I'll move it over.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: January 21, 2011, 09:18:25 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #620 on: January 21, 2011, 09:18:50 AM

Didn't it? Swore I moved it first.

Link me to anything that didn't make it and I'll move it over.
Oops, you got it. Mah bad.

Also, not a good season to be a Trois-Quart.  why so serious?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: January 21, 2011, 10:46:14 AM

So far I've mostly seen nubs taking star players, bribes, and rerolls when they play teams with higher TV.  Has anyone busted out the chef yet?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #622 on: January 21, 2011, 11:23:50 AM

Also, not a good season to be a Trois-Quart.  why so serious?

Considering how fragile those motherfuckers are, calling them something that sounds like a dainty French pastry is perfectly appropriate.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: January 21, 2011, 11:43:31 AM

So far I've mostly seen nubs taking star players, bribes, and rerolls when they play teams with higher TV.  Has anyone busted out the chef yet?

I have 610k to play with next match.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #624 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:33 PM

Not exactly germane, but that's probably how Comstar beat me in the playoffs last season - had to make, I think, 5 KO rolls on turn 15.

Fuck those chefs. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: January 21, 2011, 02:12:52 PM

Not exactly germane, but that's probably how Comstar beat me in the playoffs last season - had to make, I think, 5 KO rolls on turn 15.

Fuck those chefs. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

KO recovery rolls are the Bloodweiser Babes, not the master chef.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #626 on: January 21, 2011, 02:37:57 PM

The master chef is the dude that steals rerolls. So cool.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: January 21, 2011, 05:58:25 PM

Hmm I am totally torn on what to spend my cash money on prior to next Gameday's matchup with ezrast's Lizards. I can afford to buy my second Flesh Golem (my original plan), but due to some very luck winnings rolls I could alternately buy not one but two Ghouls.

So speed and fragility vs. strength and durability. This is particularly difficult to decide because, of course, Lizard teams are both very fast (Skinks) and very strong (Sauruses). While I do already have some speedy werewolves, and have been noticing the lack of bashiness, I feel increasingly like Flesh Golems are only useful as punching bags; especially this early in development, where nobody on my team has Guard. It's nice to have something to put in the melee that can take (a lot of) hits, but it's hard to tell if another Golem is actually going to help me win games -- whereas it's obvious that a couple of scurrying, dodging, ball-carrying ghouls will definitely do that. Especially since it frees up my werewolves to go claw some Sauruses in the face.

Any thoughts from the gallery? I really don't know anything about how Lizards play, and what weaknesses if any they possess. If I buy a Ghoul I'll get a Golem next game and vice versa, so it really just comes down to what I want for the Lizard game.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: January 21, 2011, 06:06:37 PM

I just put together a Goblin team and... I picked the wrong side for the league. Golly this is fun!

Also I'd get the Ghoul v Lizards.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:11:15 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: January 21, 2011, 06:07:59 PM

If I buy a Ghoul I'll get a Golem next game and vice versa, so it really just comes down to what I want for the Lizard game.

You are optimist, young boy. Bad things can happen to your "consolidated" roster in 16 turns...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: