Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163298 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #560 on: January 19, 2011, 07:15:04 PM

The Gods rain down buckets of piss on the Peace Dogs once again. On a sunny day, the Bashtards proceeded to stamp all over the weakened High Elves. Nothing went right for the poncy twats. Dodge rolls were missed all over, easy open catches were dropped, and even when it seemed the advantage should be with the High Elves, it wasn't. I still maintain that some trickery or sorcery was involved - there must have Elves in those Orc bodies. Not only did they make all but one or two attempts to pick up the ball, towards the end of the game, the Orc Thrower managed a long bomb to a front-running Orc blitzer, who caught the ball, turned and marched directly into the endzone. Was that Catherine's White Magic Hair Gel I saw behind the Orc bench?

Final score: Peace Dogs 0, Bashtards 4.

Final casualty report: 2 dead elven linemen, 1 elven catcher with a smashed hand.

Oy.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #561 on: January 19, 2011, 07:20:16 PM

That was pretty brutal. Bashtards over Haemmy's hippies 4-0.

Haemmy and I both like to throw the dice. Today Nuffle smiled on the gridiron green boyz (having 5/3 rerolls both halves didn't hurt). I only killed two of his linemen, I was hoping to take out that thrower and catcher, dammit. The last couple of rounds were played with only 5 elves on the field!

My favorite part was probably Haem's excellent blitz into my pocket, using a reroll to stumble my ball carrier...only to pop the ball into the waiting arms of my black orc. A black orc! Who then waited for me to snowplow the last couple guys standing before going in for the easy score. That play or grabbing the ball from him in my own territory from a fantastic pass and run he made, making a long bomb with a /blitzer/ (rolled a 6 on a reroll iirc) to another blitzer I had moved deep into Haem's territory just on a whim, who then made a 1d GFI for the score.

Haem, don't be hard on yourself, that game was so close at so many points, even if the scoreboard (and apothecary tent) doesn't show it. You were a die roll away from scoring so many times and just got unlucky when I was getting WICKED lucky. My main advice, newb to newb, is to try and keep your guys out of my tackle zones at the end of the turn. Probably better to make teh dodge roll than to suffer my constant 2d black orc onslaught. Only your blitzers and my blitzers should be hanging out together (from your point of view), both having block.

(fake edit) Did your catcher smash his hand blocking? And no comments on my orc's fashionable hairstyling!

(real edit) Looking over the log, you smashed your hand dodging about, ya nancy boy. And verifying that it was indeed my blitzer that made that long bomb with a reroll for a 6 on the pass and a 6 on the catch and a 2 on the GFI for the score....on my last turn of the game. My thrower was taking a little nap on the sideline.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:09:09 PM by Sky »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #562 on: January 19, 2011, 08:44:55 PM

Yeah, that was a catcher who ended up with a smashed hand on a dodge. It wasn't even a hard dodge if I remember right. Totally horrible dice rolls killed me as much as bad decisions did - not that I didn't make enough of the latter.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #563 on: January 19, 2011, 08:49:20 PM

Just finshed a 1-0 slugfest with Avaia's necros. It was looking to be a real bloodbath, with some injuries being handed out early. A lineman was slain, probably in retaliation for my team killing a ghoul last season. I managed to swarm his team and knock the ball loose, but was ultimately unable to make anything of it. The first half ended in a scoreless tie.

Second half, a few of Avaia's undead wake back up, but he's shorthanded. Norse proceed to make a measured run up the sidelines, the ball in the hands of their star runner. Necro closes in, but the Norse manage to fend them off, eventually scoring late in the half.

Necro got the ball back late in the game, and made a valiant effort to quickly move the ball up the side. Unfortunately, ghouls don't throw well, and the Norse got in a few extra hits for injuries in the confusion.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: January 19, 2011, 08:55:57 PM

I'd bitch about injury rolls, but 3 successful regen rolls on 2 deaths and an additional injury leave me with nothing to complain about.

I didn't tell my living(?) ghoul about what happened to his predecessor last season, he was a persistent dodging fool in the first half to at least keep it a tie.

*edit*

Replay uploaded to BBM.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:02:16 PM by avaia »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #565 on: January 19, 2011, 09:18:45 PM

We caught each other on line and played a day early; Beardstorm! ground out a bloody 2-1 victory on the strength of a lucky long dwarf pass bomb at the end of the game. Needed a 6, failed on the first try and luckily had a reroll (and luckily my other runner caught the ball...)

Replay uploaded. Of note, 6 injuries were inflicted on the lizards, but I only got credit for 4 - one skink mercenary was knocked out by a thrown rock, one was on a foul. I don't think any permanent damage was done, though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: January 19, 2011, 09:51:31 PM

My skinks are all fired. They don't seem to realize that they can't run maniacally away with the ball if they can't pick the damn thing up.

I think the dice were mildly against me in that game. Then again, for as many play errors I made I'm lucky I got out with no long-term injuries.

That pass play at the end was ridiculous though.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #567 on: January 20, 2011, 12:47:27 AM

My main advice, newb to newb, is to try and keep your guys out of my tackle zones at the end of the turn. Probably better to make teh dodge roll than to suffer my constant 2d black orc onslaught.

That is so true. While it's true that marking has its merits and committing an orc to a block is sometimes better than having him roam free giving his team the mobility you are trying to hinder, AV7 teams (like my Amazons) simply can't afford staying toe to toe with bashy teams. Sure, sometimes it just works and it feels mellow, but reality is we want to start every turn with the smallest amount of players in an opponent's tackle zone, and that's because we simply can't afford being bashed. And while it's still true that a failed dodge can result in a casualty anyway, AGI4 usually only fail the dodge on a pure 1, less likely than being tossed around due to 3 out of 6 results on a block die (or maybe two block dice).

That said, horrible luck Haem. And all matches from last night validated.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:11 AM

Or we can make updated weekly prediction threads on the subforum.

Did you actually get a subforum or is this you guys dragging it out?

Wait, f13 has a frontpage?

What Eldaec said.

Besides, the lack of a Blood Bowl subforum is clearly because we don't have enough freemasons in our little League. Shame on the illuminati.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:15:23 AM by Falconeer »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #569 on: January 20, 2011, 06:39:25 AM

I feel like watching some of these replays how do I go about that?

Figured that out, had to mess with adding a button and then use the league selected via drop down.

For those wondering about last week's predictions Lameros went 8-8 and I went 10-6 (I hit on my most lopsided victory but missed on my upset special of Falc losing). My picks for what is left of this week are upcoming.

Here are my picks for week 2, sorry for missing so many games:

Battletech:
Negative Capability over Fiesta

Orient:
North by Northwest all over Beetles *My pick for most lopsided of the week (AGAIN!), he has no Throw Ra  awesome, for real*
Catfighters over Gut Spillers
Wildcards over Hackers ***UPSET SPECIAL***

Stormbringer:
Morsel draw Snoosnoo
Silver Horde over Wrestlers
Nifty Helmets draw Offsidhes *my pick for someone dies in this game!*
I win as usual, in fact I may end up killing a few of his skinks for good measure! ere we  go ere we go ere we go... *ahem* back to the picks.

Twilight2000:
Bell Jar over Swedgins
Rat Country over Strongmen
Dandies draw Harbingers

Games of the week:
-Spleen Flay Hackers versus Wildcards: in an all evil elf affair. Both teams come in a little banged up but should expect no respite in a pivotal match in Orient Division, can one team take the win and become an early playoff favorite?
-Nifty Helmets versus Offsidhes: talk about two teams that are damaged goods after week one. Can their coaches keep the remaining roster alive? Will they play more cautiously or with even more reckless abandon?
-North by Northwest versus Beetles: doesn't everyone want to watch a game where the Khemri have no Throw-Ra? I know I do.
-Dandies versus Harbingers: in our you don't see that every day department we have humans versus the forces of decay. I'm thinking that one of the big men is going to get jacked up in this match but it will be interesting to see if the humans use their legendary flexibility and switch to a passing attack against a team whose defense can be tough to break down.

Picks so far this season 10-6
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:20:15 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:31 AM

Oh my god the game Megrim and I just played
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #571 on: January 20, 2011, 07:45:09 AM

Stormbringer:
Morsel draw Snoosnoo

You have no idea how close you came with this one.

Morsel go down 1 - 2 Team SnooSnoo. Game decided not to register that I'd bought a fourth Vamp before the match, but that was ok, because I played with about six pieces on the pitch each half. This game will be a good watch for anyone who wants to learn just how many 1s it's possible to roll in one game.

Also, mad props to the Ork Blitzer who ran from half-way, made two gfi rolls, survived a Vampire Blitz, made a one-die Blitz rerolled into a Push, and finally a successful Dodge to get the winning td on 16/16.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:46:59 AM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: January 20, 2011, 07:47:45 AM

Game decided not to register that I'd bought a fourth Vamp before the match

?

Scary bug.
You sure you bought the vamp and hit "save" instead of, I don't know, anything else?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: January 20, 2011, 07:49:16 AM

Oh I'm sure. But it's fine, because that loss was worth it. It was a very close game.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: January 20, 2011, 07:51:54 AM

Snoosnoo dominated the first half. Absolutely dominated. Had the Vampires down four. The Orcs got a little over confident and set up to do the green wave in the waning moments only the have the ball tossed deep into their territory in the last turn and a half. Ivan A Bitealot is set to score... but BLOODLUST overcomes him and he has to rush to a thrall. This messes up the last minute score and Snoosnoo go in with a 1-0 lead at the half.

The second half Starts with Snoosnoo at an 11 to 5 man advantage. Again, this seems like a no brainer slaughter on the part of the Orcs but things immediately start going wrong. Ones are rolled, sure things are missed and Ivan A Bitealot is AGAIN deep in Snoosnoo territory. He's set to score... BLOODLUST AGAIN! He has to hit a thrall to slake his thirst and the Orcs attempt to seal off the scoring avenue. This time, however, Morsel evens the score at 1-1.

It comes down to the last four turns. Snoosnoo still has an 11-5 advantage in players. The Orc rolls are still going poorly... and it culminates in Jerkface, star thrower, missing a short pass to Trucknutz. The vampires rush down, gamely trying to prevent the Orcs from scoring. It's keystone cops territory as Trucknutz picks up the ball and runs down field. It comes down to the last turn, with the blitzer facing a thrall and a vampire. The only way to win is to blitz the thrall, follow up, dodge from the vampire tackle zone and then make a go for it. In turn 16. This is done and Snoosnoo snatch the victory.

One of the more amusing matches I've ever played.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: January 20, 2011, 09:22:59 AM

Oh I'm sure. But it's fine, because that loss was worth it. It was a very close game.

Based on the replay, I'm guessing that not having a fourth vampire turned out to be a boon from about the 5th turn onwards.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: January 20, 2011, 10:12:13 AM

Everyone: I thank you SO MUCH for uploading things on BBManager, you are saving me lots of troubles.

But please, when you do so, play attention at the Game Day we are playing. 4 out of the last 7 replays have been uploaded as if they were Day #1. Not a big deal, but it requires checking and fixing. Thanks a lot anyway!

In other news, I won 1 - 0 against Celer's Undead Swedgings. That would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact that TWO of my four blitzers won't be available for the next game. SO instead of going up in TV I went down, and Avaia will make mincemeat of me in Day #3.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:05 AM

In other news, I won 1 - 0 against Celer's Undead Swedgings. That would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact that TWO of my four blitzers won't be available for the next game. SO instead of going up in TV I went down, and Avaia will make mincemeat of me in Day #3.

Not if I keep freezing up in games and wasting a minute just staring at the screen like I have the first two matches this season!

I'm real busted up about those blitzers, though.  awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #578 on: January 20, 2011, 10:28:05 AM

Everyone: I thank you SO MUCH for uploading things on BBManager, you are saving me lots of troubles.

But please, when you do so, play attention at the Game Day we are playing. 4 out of the last 7 replays have been uploaded as if they were Day #1.
Did my match upload ok? I think I did it right.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: January 20, 2011, 10:54:30 AM

I probably did it wrong, I don't think I noticed a day field.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #580 on: January 20, 2011, 11:11:13 AM

I knew there was more to the replays than emailing them to you, but I couldn't find it on the front page. Fuck scrolling through this entire thread or trying to get search to pick it up.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:12 AM

Fuck scrolling through this entire thread

I see what you did there.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #582 on: January 20, 2011, 11:29:46 AM

I cannot seem to login to BBManager. Of course, I don't speak fucking French either, so I can't understand what it's telling me either.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #583 on: January 20, 2011, 11:52:40 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:47 PM

I cannot seem to login to BBManager. Of course, I don't speak fucking French either, so I can't understand what it's telling me either.

You don't log in with your BB account - you have to create a new BBM user, if that helps.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: January 20, 2011, 03:56:38 PM

Once again the Harbingers of Hello Kitty lose 4-0, this time to banns Humans. One death, 5 casualties. No injuries to him. He rolls defender downs and I rolled pushes and Both downs. I had 5 guys on the pitch by the latter half of the second half.

Only 2 more matches to go at least. And both against teams that out BV me by 500. Joy.

Replay uploaded to bbmanager.

{edit} it was actually 3 touchdowns. I forgot the ball slipped out of his hand at the touchdown line in the last turn.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:04:34 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #586 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:13 PM

Yikes I clearly didn't account for something in my prediction. Someone give T some pointers!

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: January 20, 2011, 05:09:05 PM

Yikes I clearly didn't account for something in my prediction. Someone give T some pointers!

Well, as he himself pointed out, Tip #1 would be don't roll 3 defender downs and 7 defender stumbles out of 61 total dice. BBManager puts the block success percentages at 31% and 67% respectively.

But I did watch the first half of the replay and as much as I hate unsolicited advice: Sir T, dude, you gotta work your Beast of Nurgle more. That thing cost all that cash for a reason! Barring some very specific circumstances it should be on the line of scrimmage or (when kicking off to an ultra-bashy front-line) directly behind it. It pretty much spent the entire first half being on the wrong side of the pitch -- except that one completely ridiculous part where you dodged it out of a tackle (on a 6+) to blitz the ball carrier, all without any instructions from a nearby teammate (another 6 on the 4+ Really Stupid roll). (But then, instead of following it up with your free rotter, you ran him towards the line of scrimmage so you could foul his ogre.  swamp poop)  The fact that the humans had their Big Guy hitting a linesman every turn was a pretty significant part of their early numbers advantage, from what I remember.

I mean the Beast is inevitably going to be left behind as play develops, but you need it there in the build-up hitting something as often as possible and putting those Mighty Blows and Tentacles to use. Then when the scoring attempt is made on either side, at least the Beast is tying up one, two, or four otherwise-useful  players.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:10:49 PM by Ice Cream Emperor »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #588 on: January 20, 2011, 05:48:32 PM

I am shamed. The dead Krox was saved by an apoth and I did nothing else to be proud of for the entire game. A lackluster performance to be sure in a 1-1 tie versus the Lizards meaning Snoosnoo will sit unopposed at the top of Stormbringer at the end of the week two and we could as many as four teams just behind on four points depending on the results in the two remaining matches.

-William Gibson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: January 20, 2011, 05:59:31 PM

Only 2 more matches to go at least

Isn't that 5 more matches?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #590 on: January 20, 2011, 06:10:09 PM

Only 2 more matches to go at least

Isn't that 5 more matches?

Poor guy.

-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: January 20, 2011, 06:31:15 PM

Based on the replay, I'm guessing that not having a fourth vampire turned out to be a boon from about the 5th turn onwards.

Nah, it still would have helped I think, since I can just park one in front of some players to use a roadblock. But, given that it would have meant me giving away another 100k in inducements, the game might have gone completely differently.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: January 20, 2011, 06:48:25 PM

Vamps have to attack a thrall not an opposition player when bloodlust hits, correct?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:55:57 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: January 20, 2011, 06:52:43 PM

Correct. And I'm doing an orc flex behind the screen atm
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:58 PM

Correct. And I'm doing an orc flex behind the screen atm

Ahahahahahahaha.

Vamps have to attack a thrall not an opposition player when bloodlust hits, correct?

Oh god, I wish you could target the other team.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: