Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163264 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: January 08, 2011, 06:42:27 AM

I think we have Chaos, Lizards and Humans promised in the thread. Just Goblin, Halfling, and Pro Elf left.

Also, in case anyone is not aware, when you are creating your team, you can set individual player names by buying players in the 'player details' screen from the 'purchase players' dialog. Change the name and hit buy inside 'player details' to do this.

You can also change how they look and stuff! I don't know if doing this is better because it makes me appreciate them more and be more careful, or makes me too attached and likely to be cautious and/or get distracted if one dies or is injured.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #281 on: January 08, 2011, 07:50:38 AM

You can also just click the gold piles next to a number to purchase a player (lets you pick what number each player is and skip numbers) or you can buy players let the computer generate names and then double click the player and go in and change his/her name and look.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: January 08, 2011, 09:03:58 AM

The Dandies (human) have applied to the league.

4 blitzers
1 ogre
1 passer
5 lineman
3 Rerolls

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #283 on: January 08, 2011, 03:22:37 PM

26 joined, 6 to go. Comeon, lazyasses! (Yes, you still have two days to think about it)

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #284 on: January 08, 2011, 04:38:26 PM

And what happens when those lazy asses don't sign up?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: January 08, 2011, 04:52:55 PM

They will.

But if they won't, League will get delayed, we'll find someone else, eventually a few dummy teams, and in the meantime I'll put a bounty on them heads and send Nerf to track them down with a pair of pliers and a blow torch making sure he gits medieval on their asses.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: January 08, 2011, 07:17:22 PM

I'm not sure I will.

The laziness of my ass has nothing to do with it though. I've tried half a dozen different configurations and three different operating systems and I cannot get the damn game to run on my computer. Haven't given up yet but my prospects are starting to look bleak.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: January 08, 2011, 07:22:04 PM

Oh? How is this possible? It worked great last month, you didn't change anything. You actually reinstalled the OS and it still doesn't work? Someone be the computer expert and help him out!

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: January 08, 2011, 07:43:19 PM

Did you buy it on Steam?  It has the handy "re-validate all files" if so.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: January 08, 2011, 07:57:07 PM

Oh? How is this possible? It worked great last month, you didn't change anything. You actually reinstalled the OS and it still doesn't work? Someone be the computer expert and help him out!
I haven't actually reinstalled my OS, although I think I will try that next (need to for other reasons anyway). I tried installing it on Linux under Wine but couldn't get past the SecuROM, so I dug out an old WinXP install disc but that wouldn't recognize my hard drives; apparently technology has advanced somewhat since 2003.

The only significant change between working and not-working was the upgrade to 2.0.1.0. 2.0.0.6 still works fine. Just can't go online with it.

I don't have the Steam version, but I did reinstall the game a couple times into clean directories.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #290 on: January 08, 2011, 09:31:31 PM

I'm going to apply on the 11th, I'm trying to pick a team still.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: January 09, 2011, 02:26:22 AM

i almost made a goblin team but i'm just not quite man enough to handle it :(

huhnqua huhnqua burnin love, the brave lizardman team, is ready to rock.

1 kroxigor
4 sauruses
7 skinks
a paltry two rerolls
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: January 09, 2011, 06:26:42 AM

I ended up deciding on Orcs.

Strongmen is the team LoveTruncheon is the coach (well Krummi ingame, but the Truncheon on Steam (Yeah, I'm terribad at sticking with one name only))

The cookiecutter:

4 Black Orcs
4 Blitzers
2 Lineman
1 Thrower

3 Rerolls

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: January 09, 2011, 06:31:19 AM

The only significant change between working and not-working was the upgrade to 2.0.1.0. 2.0.0.6 still works fine. Just can't go online with it.

That sounds like a firewall or Anti-Virus problem.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #294 on: January 09, 2011, 08:16:13 AM

Strongmen is the team
Nice team logo, color and roster  Ohhhhh, I see.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: January 09, 2011, 08:37:48 AM

Yeah, we can be a twin team... or something like that. I guess.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: January 09, 2011, 08:48:58 AM

I would just like to offer my services for friendly games, I have been around the block once or twice and would be willing to help out newer coaches if you have any questions or want someone to bounce ideas off (in game or out of game)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: January 09, 2011, 02:33:50 PM

That sounds like a firewall or Anti-Virus problem.
No, I mean 2.0.0.6 can't go online because it's an old version; that's WAI.

Anyway, I got it working somehow; I'm going to try to break it again to pinpoint the problem for the benefit of others but I should definitely be good to go by the deadline.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: January 09, 2011, 04:07:15 PM

I'll sign up monday, probably.  Just waiting to see what's left.  What are we at, just Goblins, Pro Elf, and Halflings left?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:54 PM

If you want a unique team yes, just those three missing.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:05 PM

I'll be signing up tomorrow as well.  I haven't been that pleased with undead, so I've been trying out other teams this weekend.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #301 on: January 09, 2011, 09:50:15 PM

Hum. Here's a rather stupid question... If you have more than 11 players in your squad... how do you pick the starting 11? undecided

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: January 09, 2011, 10:07:58 PM

You choose who goes on the field when you are setting up your guys at kick-off. If you have extra players available they should show up on the top right of the screen -- you can select them and right-click to swap them in for another player.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: January 10, 2011, 05:02:21 AM

It defaults to numbers 1-11 and then you just switch them around as stated.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: January 10, 2011, 05:38:19 AM

Golly I love this game. Just had another rage quit. Skaven game is full of hero moves.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: January 10, 2011, 06:08:34 AM

I've been messing around with skaven a bit and I'm actually fairly good with them. The problem is that they die in droves. I don't think I can keep the juggling up for an entire season
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: January 10, 2011, 06:18:30 AM

I've been messing around with skaven a bit and I'm actually fairly good with them. The problem is that they die in droves. I don't think I can keep the juggling up for an entire season

I'm 8-1-2 (with a dc loss). So far I have lost one gutter runner who was on level 3 which hurt, and have picked up a couple of injuries. But they're going ok for the most part. I have played a few bashy teams too, mostly undead and chaos. Just dont use the apothecary on anything but a death. Also I just discovered leap. Holy shit!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:22:43 AM by lamaros »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #307 on: January 10, 2011, 08:27:36 AM

So if I get a guy with an injury like "Smashed Collar Bone" (-1 to ST), does that injury ever go away? Or am I better off ditching the fucker and buying a replacement?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:20 AM

I've raised the white flag on the story mode. For the life of me I can't figure out how to beat the norse. They get the ball and i can't pry it loose no matter what I try, and they sneeze and my guys fall over. The first time I got through them was a sheer fluke.

Oh well, bottom place of the league results table is booked for me  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #309 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:13 AM

No he's stuck with that for the rest of his career. You can sell him and buy a replacement but unless he's picked up a selection of injuries or the stat loss makes him unusable in his role (-str on a blitzer, -agi on a catcher for example) it's probably not worth it - especially if he has any SPPs on him.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #310 on: January 10, 2011, 08:52:39 AM

Heh, well he's a blitzer who now has a STR of 2, AND he's already level 2 with 5 SPP. So selling him might be a loss and replacing him might take some time to build up a new blitzer. This is for a single-player campaign but it's something I wondered about for the league if it happens (and it probably will).

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: January 10, 2011, 08:58:09 AM

Finally got in a few practice matches vs the PC.

I did the campaign mode and barely pulled out a win against the motherfucking halflings. 1-0. Next I think was the egyptian undead and they stomped the shit out of me. I could only afford 11 guys, so they were KO'ing left and right, I think by the end of the second half, I had 6 players on the field. But thanks to a desperate pass from my thrower who returned from the KO box early in the second half, we kept the ball on their side of the field for the second half. Then I got a lucky block and bounced the ball two space from the end zone. With a few rerolls in the pocket, I dodged a black orc (lulz) and made a pick up (reroll ftw literally) for the only score of the game. I couldn't get anything better than a single die roll on those bastard 5 str tomb guardians, vicious. So another 1-0 win, in my last turn of the game.

Not easy, playing a newbie bash team without skills (skill-less black orcs). I did level up one black orc, so finally got someone on the line with block. Really pretty one-dimensional and tough to play...and they're an easy team? Hah. Against another bashy team they spent most of the game on the ground.

Sir T, that's about where I got stalled and decided to play campaign mode so I could try to learn the orcs rather than the passing teams in that part of the story mode. I feel pretty lost and I'm sure we'll contest for the bottom of the ladder.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #312 on: January 10, 2011, 09:03:35 AM

Those Tomb Guardians are fucking MEAN. I've played them twice with my High Elves and so rarely do I win a block against them that I just stopped trying unless I get a two-die block or I have no other choice. I just run away from them.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: January 10, 2011, 09:20:23 AM

The only upside I could see is they have 1 AGI, so they could only get out of the center of the field if they knocked all my black orcs over. It did tie up a lot of my guys and I ended up taking a lot of injuries, but it kept the rest of the field open for me to deal with the weaker guys on the team.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: January 10, 2011, 10:27:45 AM

I've raised the white flag on the story mode. For the life of me I can't figure out how to beat the norse. They get the ball and i can't pry it loose no matter what I try, and they sneeze and my guys fall over. The first time I got through them was a sheer fluke.

Oh well, bottom place of the league results table is booked for me  why so serious?

Is that the one where your high elves have to do x passes and score twice?

If so, the textbook lesson this trying to teach you (and which the game should really make more clear) is force them to score fast, kick out of bounds, attack the ball from the sides, try to grab the ball by all means, but always leave him space in front - force him to run forward.

When you force the opp to score fast, you force them to leave you enough turns to score again before the half ends. Depending on the matchup this is often easier than stalling a team till half time or trying to steal the ball. With high elves against the AI, two turns scores are fairly straightforward. Just run some fuckers into his half and screen your thrower.

Those Tomb Guardians are fucking MEAN. I've played them twice with my High Elves and so rarely do I win a block against them that I just stopped trying unless I get a two-die block or I have no other choice.

I might be reading you wrong here, but what you should be thinking is 'tomb guardians (str 5) are hard to get a 2 die block against', generally you shouldn't be rollling many blocks that aren't two die blocks against anyone. Because they don't start with any useful skills tomb guardians are as easy as it gets.... for a given number of dice. Possibly you meant that and I am merely patronising you.

Tomb Guardians basically can't pick up the ball and have next to no movement, stick a lineman next to them and run up the other side of the pitch.

As high elfs, on your turn you should only usually be looking to complete one or two strategic blocks to clear a path for the catcher, then be dodging everyone bar sacrificial linemen out of tackle zones so that the more bashy team can only block once with their blitz move. As soon as you manage to get a catcher in the opp half free of tackles at the start of a turn you are passing to them and scoring.

On defence, target the Thro-ra (the only guy with sure hands) and every other player is left with a 50% chance at best to pick up the ball. If you manage to sack the ball in the melee they are basically hosed and left watching the ball bounce around like a greased pig.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: