Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163256 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: January 07, 2011, 12:35:39 PM

My Necromantic team, Negative Capability, has applied to join the league.

For those wondering, my starting team is

6 zombies,
2 wights,
1 flesh golem,
2 werewolves, and
3 rerolls.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #246 on: January 07, 2011, 12:50:59 PM

If you want some scrimmage games, Sky, I'm game.  It really is better to play human opponents, I think.  I haven't even touched the Story mode though so I guess it could be really handy and I just haven't seen it.

I like that build, Emperor.  It's tough not starting with two flesh golems, but it'll be worth it buying those two extra rerolls instead, I think.  With Regeneration on so many players you're not likely to need as much of a bench anyway.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:51 PM

Applied as the Undead, Merely a Flesh Wound.

1 Mummy
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
4 Zombies
4 Skeletons
3 Rerolls

I'll probably regret not having 2 mummies at some point, but that's life.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: January 07, 2011, 01:19:17 PM

Call me a dumnass, but how do you apply for the league?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #249 on: January 07, 2011, 01:32:09 PM

From the Leagues screen click "League Finder" and search for f13.  You'll see the league displayed there and once it is highlighted select the team you want to apply with from a drop-down list at the bottom of the window and then simply hit "apply."  It'll prompt you for a password after that is done.  Have a team built before going through all of this.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #250 on: January 07, 2011, 02:19:38 PM

I have not gotten an email on the league password yet, Falconeer. I think I've decided to play High Elves. I almost went human or dwarf, but I think High Elves will suit me best. I tried Skaven last night but really didn't dig them.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: January 07, 2011, 02:19:56 PM

Ok, applied as Nurgle

Team: Harbringers of Homeopathy

5   Rotters
1   Pestigor
4   Nurgle Warriors
1   Beast of Nurgle
2   Rerolls
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:29:31 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #252 on: January 07, 2011, 02:27:30 PM

I really dislike that I did not make the optimal Norse team...but oh well. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #253 on: January 07, 2011, 02:38:48 PM

Haemish, your email bounced back to me.

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
(haemish email)@(haemish provider).net; Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address)

Remote MTA mx3.(haemish provider).net: network error

- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 554 imta30.westchester.pa.mail.(haemish provider).net (haemish provider).net xx.xxx.xx.xxx (haemish provider).net block for spam.  Please see http://help.(haemish provider).net.net/content/faq/BL000000

Apparently my sender is on your ISP spam block list. Not cool.

Sir T, you didn't get an email either? Instructions were in it.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: January 07, 2011, 02:43:59 PM

You have to realise Falc that I've never done this before. i didnt even know where the leagues tab was. I was staring at the multiplayer menu looking for it :D

<--- idiot

Anyway I got the email and I'm registered in the league as Nurgle. I forgot to sir t as my account name though as i figured you could put in a differnet coach name once in. Turned out not to be the case. Ahh well.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:45:32 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:30 PM

Just Pro Elfs left without representation.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #256 on: January 07, 2011, 03:13:24 PM

Don't look at me, I wanted to because I liked the Pro Elf Blitzer's mask but everything else about the team looks terrible and the team itself is terrible, having really good catchers is not worth paying too much for every player and getting nothing for that high cost.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: January 07, 2011, 03:46:28 PM

Sidestep on blitzers is awesome and so much etter than you might imagine. But only 2 blitzers sucks.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: January 07, 2011, 04:00:20 PM

More skills, less armor, slightly cheaper relative to high elfs. /shrug

They also have the whole 1980s thing going.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #259 on: January 07, 2011, 04:42:02 PM

Applied.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: January 07, 2011, 05:49:55 PM

Seeking wives in order to found families, the Skaven negotiated unsuccessfully with the local populations. Fearing the emergence of Skaven society, the locals refused to allow their women to marry the Skaven; consequently, the Skaven planned to abduct the women instead. They devised a festival of Blood Bowl and proclaimed the festival amongst their neighbours. Many came. While the strongest heroes from the other races battle on the field, the Skaven set their plan in motion...

Introducing

Adam, a Linerat
Benjamin, a Linerat
Caleb, a Linerat
Daniel, a Linerat

With

Rheemus and Rohmulus, Stormvermin

Starring the four Gutter Runners

Giambologna, the Carver
'Dark' Schonfeld
Leech the Leech
Poussin

And a special performance from

Livytch, a Thrower

Coach Lamaros is proud to announce that the Rape of Skabine has entered f13 League * Season 3 *

"What is not given will be taken"

Please direct any questions to the box office.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: January 07, 2011, 05:52:11 PM

Hoax was giving me some friendly advice about Chaos before, and has made me possibly re-think my lineup. I would appreciate some feedback from whoever cares to mention.

I was going to use this setup:

8xBeastmen
2xChaos Warrior
1xMino
2xRR
1xApoth

Now I know this is perhaps not 'ideal' or anything, but can I perhaps get away with it given the general level of players skill in the league? I would like to play Chaos but the idea of starting without the mino makes the team a bit less 'exciting' for me, and I think the Apoth is probably a sounder investment than another Warrior (a dead mino in the first game would make me cry). I figure I can make up for the slow start over the course of the league, and have a bit more fun doing it than with a more sensible lineup, but I've never played a league before and would appreciate some thoughts.

Hello,

the best starting lineup for chaos is :

X4warriors
x7 bestmen
x3 RR

in league play adding in the apoth then 1 more beastman as the first 2 purchases. a 4th RR would be my next advice, then after that a mino isnt a bad idea droping an unskilled beastie for him (unless you wish to go down the dirty platyer route in which case a stroing arguement can be made for 13  players, 2 with DP).

ithe most important aspect to remeber with chaos is their lack of starting skills, this means you will be hammering your re rolls much more than say, an orc or dwarf team (2 teams that i would say are closest to chaos in terms of play style), you could agre that a team stetup with 4RR from the get go would also be good, specifically to try and counter this, but i personally feel that you have to drop too much opening STR4 to achive this..

2RR is suicide....
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:35 PM

Hello,

the best starting lineup for chaos is :

X4warriors
x7 bestmen
x3 RR

in league play adding in the apoth then 1 more beastman as the first 2 purchases. a 4th RR would be my next advice, then after that a mino isnt a bad idea droping an unskilled beastie for him (unless you wish to go down the dirty platyer route in which case a stroing arguement can be made for 13  players, 2 with DP).

ithe most important aspect to remeber with chaos is their lack of starting skills, this means you will be hammering your re rolls much more than say, an orc or dwarf team (2 teams that i would say are closest to chaos in terms of play style), you could agre that a team stetup with 4RR from the get go would also be good, specifically to try and counter this, but i personally feel that you have to drop too much opening STR4 to achive this..

2RR is suicide....

I was more going for "good enough to compete with the average level here, but also fun". I didn't relish playing chaos for 9 games without a mino as it is just too boring to get going. In the end you're probably right if I want to not pull my hair out either way though, so I went Skaven instead.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #263 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:38 PM

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.  awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:54 PM

1 Mummy
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
4 Zombies
4 Skeletons
3 Rerolls

How come you went for 13 players as undead? I get the feeling you might regret not going 2/2/2/3/2 w/ 3 rerolls. That extra Mummy is surely worth dropping a bench? Hell why not get an extra ghoul too and go 2/2/3/2/2 w 3 rerolls?

Nice Nurgle team Sir T. The rerolls will hurt, but you'll piss a few people off too most like.

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.  awesome, for real

I suggest a bounty on the players that are level 3 at the start of the league. I feel we should encourage their deaths.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:21:09 PM by lamaros »
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #265 on: January 07, 2011, 06:19:34 PM

Applied with my first Ogre team - Reborne's Wrestlers

Line Up:
4 Ogre
9 Snotling
3 Reroll
1 Apothecary

This should be painful  awesome, for real

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: January 07, 2011, 07:07:51 PM

I suggest a bounty on the players that are level 3 at the start of the league. I feel we should encourage their deaths.

Paul says yes. Personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjYKAb5M-g

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #267 on: January 07, 2011, 07:28:18 PM

Looking at the orc roster I can put together, I'm torn between linemen and gobbos. Linemen seem kinda meh when you've got black orcs, and gobbos seem like the only things orcs get to change up their gameplay.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:39 PM

Ok, this is redundant and useless, but since we don't have a subforum, since I have apparently time to waste, and since it's obvious that a few of us are hyped up enough to want more and more Blood Bowl in any form, I fired up a f13 League Facebook Group. As I said, no one who doesn't want or just simply hates Facebook has to join. Chances are nothing at all will be going on there, I mostly created it to better organize and preserve links to posts I liked and prevent them from getting lost, but if you feel like taking a look, contributing, or joinning, here's the link:

f13 Blood Bowl League on Facebook.

Only useful thing up there at the moment is an updated list with Coach names, Team names, in game names and Steam names. I can and will totally copy it here, but the lack of a subforum forces me to cram everything in the OP, which kind of sucks.

EDIT: New Facebook Groups SUCK HORRIBLY! But shared chat is pretty cool for shit talk and random strategy banter.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:09:35 PM by Falconeer »

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: January 07, 2011, 08:12:03 PM

1 Mummy
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
4 Zombies
4 Skeletons
3 Rerolls

How come you went for 13 players as undead? I get the feeling you might regret not going 2/2/2/3/2 w/ 3 rerolls. That extra Mummy is surely worth dropping a bench? Hell why not get an extra ghoul too and go 2/2/3/2/2 w 3 rerolls?

I've tried the 2/2/3/2/2, and I invariably only made use of 2 of the ghouls.  The extra mummy could go either way, really.

Edit:  That said, after some looking, I went with 2/2/3/2/2 anyway, as the extra ghoul is as good as the skeletons, but with better movement, and higher Agi.  If I get lucky, I can get some extra players by killing a team of elves, or something.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:20:10 PM by Cadaverine »

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #270 on: January 07, 2011, 08:17:27 PM

The Bashtards

4 Black Orcs
4 Blitzers
1 Thrower
2 Linemen
3 rerolls
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #271 on: January 07, 2011, 08:20:13 PM

Don't question Cad, he's a crafty one.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #272 on: January 07, 2011, 09:13:11 PM

A very bashy lineup, Sky.  I haven't seen it done that way, but it looks like fun, and goblins are cheap to pick up later.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #273 on: January 07, 2011, 10:13:09 PM

If I get lucky, I can get some extra players by killing a team of elves, or something.

If my snotlings don't die in droves I will be surprised. Good luck raising one should we play early on :)

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:50 PM

I like that build, Emperor.  It's tough not starting with two flesh golems, but it'll be worth it buying those two extra rerolls instead, I think.  With Regeneration on so many players you're not likely to need as much of a bench anyway.

Yeah, the only real choice was whether I wanted the second wight or the second flesh golem -- I went with the wight (and banked the extra 20k) for the Block, but I'm still pretty ambivalent about it. Since I was going to end up saving to buy whichever one I didn't start with, it's mostly just a tradeoff of early skills vs. a flesh golem potentially missing out on juicy MVP awards.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #275 on: January 07, 2011, 11:51:00 PM

The Peace Dogs (High Elf team) have applied for the league.

6 Linemen
2 Blitzers
1 Thrower
1 Catcher
2 Rerolls

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #276 on: January 07, 2011, 11:55:50 PM

Beardstorm! has no surprises:

5 linemen
2 runners
2 blizters
2 troll slayers
3 rerolls

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: January 08, 2011, 12:05:56 AM

Got my team ready to roll...or more likely get rolled.

Gut Spillers (Undead)

2 Mummys
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
3 Zombies
2 Skeletons
3 Re rolls
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: January 08, 2011, 06:27:35 AM

So far we have:

1) - Falconeer - Amazon
2) - Ruvaldt - Skaven
3) - Eldaec - Norse
4) - IainC - Dark Elves
5) - Comstar - Amazon
6) - Sky - Orc
7) - Proudft - Kemri
8) - Llyse - Necromantic
9) - Modern Angel
10) - Strazos - Norse
11) - Drogg -
12) - Sir T - Nurgle
13) - Avaia - Necromantic
14) - Celer -
15) - Lamaros - Skaven
16) - Megrim - Vampire
17) - Ingmar - Dwarves
18) - Xuri - Norse
19) - Teleku - Wood Elves
20) - Ezrast - (Amazon)
21) - Reborne - Ogre
22) - Hoax -
23) - Bann - Human
24) - Ice Cream Emperor - Necromantic
25) - NiX - Undead
26) - Kail -
27) - Scadente - Orc
28) - HaemishM - High Elves
29) - AndyDavo - Dark Elves
30) - Ginaz - Undead
31) - Cadaverine - Undead
32) - Gruntle -
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:23:40 PM by lamaros »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: January 08, 2011, 06:40:53 AM

I think we have Chaos, Lizards and Humans promised in the thread. Just Goblin, Halfling, and Pro Elf left.

Also, in case anyone is not aware, when you are creating your team, you can set individual player names by buying players in the 'player details' screen from the 'purchase players' dialog. Change the name and hit buy inside 'player details' to do this.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: