Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 161196 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: December 23, 2010, 01:52:10 PM

With Season #2 one Superbowl short of the winner, and the Blood Bowl Legendary Edition on Steam (get a copy now!) today at the special price of 19$, it's already time to start thinking to next season. Mostly because no one here wants to stay without a League for more than a week, so no point in waiting any longer!

If Season #1 (played in 2009, with vanilla Blood Bowl) has been successful, Season #2 has been a triumph! 44 of the 45 planned matches have been regularly played, with ridiculous amounts of fairness and enthusiasm. With match days planned around 9 real days, the longest we had has been 6 days, with the shortest being 2 days! Not even in my sweetest dreams I would have hoped for this level of commitment from the 14 coaches involved. Thank you everyone.

Previous Editions Winners.

Season #1 - Aez's Fraggers (Skaven)
Season #2 - Comstar's F13 Catfighters (Amazons)

Now, enough self celebrating, let's move on with Season #3!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(***All relevant cool old signup recruitment info are here under the spoiler tag***)

Standings (7 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

We are currently Playing.....

PLAYOFFS!

** All games have to be played NOW!! **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get your copy, sign up, bring a friend, kick asses and melt faces. This time it's gonna be awesome, for real
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:18:07 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:52:35 PM

This should have been the conclusion of the Season #2 thread but to prevent extreme bumping, I am putting it here. It has the double purpose of celebrating S#2 heroes, and to give new coaches an idea of the big names they are going to face in S#3. Remember, this is not just for show: the players you see here are actually the most experienced at what they do, have good SP, skills, and are the lucky charms of their coaches, meaning they will always be the focus of an action, and they would cause emotional distress if injured or killed. So while these guys and girls are getting an acknowledgement today, they are officially reserving themselves a spot in anyone's crosshair. Watch out for these true badasses.

* Season #2 Individual Awards *

Most Experienced Player: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)

Sowarg is the only player in Season #2 that reached level 4, and as a consequence will be the ONLY player starting Season #3 at level 4. He's a werewolf with Strip Ball, Dodge and Block, he scored 6 TD (best in the League) and injured 2 players. He's easily the League MVP, just one step ahead of the amazing Calvin & Hobbes duo from the League runner up Alive Not Dead team.

Best Scorer: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)

Again, Sowarg Whitmane ruled this category. It's fair to say that he got the most of his TD in a lucky game where he scored 4, but his overall class has only be held behind by his team, not always on par with his performances and unable to snag a place in the playoffs. Calvin and Hobbes are here too, hell of a pair, but the underdog hero is Mal'sila, a wood elf wardancer that managed to score 5 TD (and 3 receptions) in what has been a very hard season for his team. She's only level 2, but definitely a player to keep your eyes on.

Most Violent: Brian the Tyrant (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)

Brian is a true enforcer. He's a level 2 wight who didn't score, didn't run, didn't do much other than crippling opponents. He sent 6 (in 7 games) to an emergency visit with the apothecary, an unparalleled feat which earned him the title of Most Violent Player of S#2. He has the Frenzy skill, and apparently he made good use of it. The runner up is As the Mad, Strazos' heroic lineman who injured 5 players (in 8 games).

Best Killer: Calvin the Menace (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Finally an award for what has probably been the best player all around in Season #2, outclassed only by the crazy achievements of Avaia's Sowarg, and by a weak post-season. Calvin is a level 3 werewolf with Block and Dodge, he scored 5 TD (in 7 games), injured 4 players, received one pass, ran 118 yards and most important of all is the only player in the whole League who killed 2 opponents. His impact on every game is just terrific and a few points short of level 4 only Nuffle knows what this player will be able to achieve in S#3. Definitely one of the best 3 players in the whole League.

Best Runner: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)

Again, Sowarg Whiteman snags it. With 206 yards ran in 7 games (29.4 per game), 14 more than Hobbes the Tiger's 192 (in 9 games, 21.3) he's the unstoppable king of running. Werewolves are the best at this, it's a known fact, but Sowarg set a new standard for the role. Will the new coaches be able to deal with such a powerhouse, and will the strategies change in S#3 to try and contain the dominating running game of the Werewolves? Sowarg gets his 3rd award and leaves everyone else to worry about it.

Best Thrower: Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)

It's not a surprise that a Wood Elf gets the Best Thrower award, but Naeltor is only level 2 and his extra skill is just Leader. And it has to be this true leadership spirit that led him to deliver 8 passes, 2 more than the High Elf runner-up Daugorathion Lanlynnsel, and his inconsistent team to get a few points to close the regular season with a honourable 5th place in Group A. And that's not all, cause Naeltor got the next and way more important award too...

Best Thrower (Yards): Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)

Everyone can throw a football, but not many can connect for 128 yards in 6 games. It's 21.3 yards passed per game, which is even more amazing if you think that the runner up, Amazon throweress Sylvia Plath, threw nothing more than 11.3 per games (for a total of 68). Naeltor is the king of the passing game, and if he will be supported by some good receivers he could turn the tide of a League which has been so far ruled by running teams.

Best Receiver: Ivan A Bitealot (Morsel, Coach Megrim)

We all know Vampires can cover pretty much any role effectively, and this one decided that he loved to receive passes from anyone on his team. 6 receptions in 8 games are better than any elf, high, wood, pro or whatever, could even dream. Ivan is an awesome player all around though, he's level 3, has Block and a nifty +1 Movement Allowance and in S#2 he managed to score 3 TD (9th overall), injure 3 players (9th overall), knock out 7, pass for 28 yards and run for 178 (3rd overall). In short, he's a beast.
Runner up is the High Elf Veassen Malyatinu, a catcher from Pointy Hat Squad, which got 5, while his teammate and other catcher Lanlaithion Norosume' got 4. 9 receptions for this pair didn't save the High Elf team from a disappointing season, but both these catchers are experienced enough to be a thorn in the side of any defense in S#3.

Best Interceptor: Rhasscaeon Augdirdar (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)

Interceptors didn't shine at all in S#2, so the award goes to the only player who was at the right place at the right time, High Elf Thrower Rhasscaeon Augdirdar took one for the team, and one for himself. Good job, buddy.

Summary:

Most Experienced Player: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)
Runner up: Hobbes the Tiger (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Best Scorer: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)
Runner up: Calvin the Menace (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Most Violent: Brian the Tyrant (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)
Runner up: As the Mad (Diplomatic Immunity, Coach Strazos)

Best Killer: Calvin the Menace (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)
Runner up: no one

Best Runner: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, coach Avaia)
Runner up: Hobbes the Tiger (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)

Best Thrower: Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)
Runner up: Daugorathion Lanlynnsel (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)

Best Thrower (Yards): Naeltor (Hazardous Hippies, Coach Teleku)
Runner up: Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar Utd., Coach Falconeer)

Best Receiver: Ivan A Bitealot (Morsel, Coach Megrim)
Runner up: Veassen Malyatinu (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)

Best Interceptor: Rhasscaeon Augdirdar (Pointy Hat Squad, Coach Proudft)
Runner up: no one

** Season #2 Overall MVP: Sowarg Whitmane (Necco Waivers, Coach Avaia)

Runner up: Calvin the Menace, (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)
2nd Runner up (ex-aequo): Ivan A Bitealot (Morsel, Coach Megrim) - Hobbes the Tiger (Alive not Dead, Coach Llyse)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:18:00 PM by Falconeer »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:01:55 PM

I'm in!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:13:33 PM

I doubt we will ever leave anyone out, but the system forced us in a few bad spots last season, needing even teams and all. So, in case of shit, first come first serve. If you are thinking about joining, don't think too much.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 02:19:16 PM

Still in.

Let me know if we need to do all that nonsense with the pms and emails and whatnot again.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 02:19:42 PM

No. Old chaps are legit  this guy looks legit
Noobs have to do it.

EDIT: But yes, old or not, posting your participation here is still mandatory, and binding.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:22:31 PM by Falconeer »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 02:27:16 PM

I'm in again.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 02:28:56 PM

I'm in.

The Final for Season #2 is tonight in about 12 hours. Amazons vs Necromantics, with the bashy Necromantic's having a large point and cash advantage over the dodgy girls. Last time the teams met, the game was a draw. Will the lower point team pull of another upset, or will the higher strength team bash to way to victory?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 02:29:58 PM

I'd like to try this. Seems like the kind of game where even losing is fun, and I have a couple weeks to learn the basics.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 02:35:35 PM

Great. Sky, be the good example of noob and follow all the mandatory silly rules for signing up.

- You have to join the ** f13 Bloodbowlers Steam Group **.
- You have to send me a PM with a valid email address.
- You will be sent an invitation mail there. Reply to the email to confirm the address, and you are in.

Welcome to the League!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 02:37:43 PM

Seems like the kind of game where even losing is fun, and I have a couple weeks to learn the basics.

Losing is fun when the other guy is not an asshat. Biggest difference between this and automated online matchmaking, is that in matchmaking the other guy spend the whole time whining about how unlucky he is, in the f13 league the other guy spends the whole match commiserating with you about how unlucky you are.

But yeah, if you play a chunk of the story mode to learn the rules and UI, then pick a race and run a few matchmaking games against human opponents, you'll already only suck as much as the rest of us do.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 02:42:47 PM

I'd like to try this. Seems like the kind of game where even losing is fun, and I have a couple weeks to learn the basics.

Bear in mind that if we are starting with experienced teams as is being suggested, most of the players will be wanting to play 'pre-season friendlies' to work up their team value so there'll be no shortage of practice games available.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 02:48:56 PM

Put me in, coach! (again)  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 02:51:08 PM

Bear in mind that if we are starting with experienced teams as is being suggested, most of the players will be wanting to play 'pre-season friendlies' to work up their team value so there'll be no shortage of practice games available.

Uhm, we are still deciding team composition, rules and all, but I am pretty confident having new teams join with money, SPs and matches earned and played outside of official f13 League won't be allowed. I understand your logic Iain, but it just feels wrong to me. Everything you have, or don't have, has to be earned in the f13 League(s) official matches.

Either you are a TV1000 new team or you are a TVxxxx old f13 team. Friendlies will have to be played with scrap, temporary teams.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 02:57:38 PM

Does the question really have to be asked?

I'm in for another season of hacking people's lineups  this guy looks legit
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 02:57:50 PM

In. Revenge will be mine

Oh, is the number of teams set? Or is it expandable depending on interest?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:04:25 PM by Modern Angel »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 03:05:03 PM

Expandable. But shrinkable should we have not-viable numbers.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 03:33:48 PM

In, of course. I'll have to think long and hard about whether I play Norse again or not.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 03:40:01 PM

Sounds like a good time, dudes. Google It
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:28 PM

I'm downloading the game now, so Im in.

Hic sunt dracones.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 04:33:09 PM

So in.  Heart
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 04:41:05 PM

Not bad, 13 subs in 2 hours. Keep it coming.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 05:02:11 PM

avaia has worn me down, I have joined specifically to be in.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 05:06:12 PM

Just bought it. Put me in. Will send you further details after Christmas is over/less busy.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 06:03:30 PM

I'm down like Charlie Brown.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 07:24:22 PM

I'm in. Prepare for BEARDSTORM.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 11:36:51 PM

We are already at 17, 3 more than Seson #2  awesome, for real

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 04:52:12 AM

I'd like to join!

F13 Blood Bowl Steam Group - Check (I'm Reborne on there too)
Legendary - Check (I'm Reborne on there too  awesome, for real )
PM with e-mail - Check (you guessed it, reborne email too)
Crossposting this on Steam Group - Check

Did I miss anything?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 07:08:34 AM

I'm in this time Falc, sending you a PM after this post but I wont have my Cyanide name for another week or so when I actually get home and fire up the game assuming we have to register new names online for LE?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 07:25:59 AM

I think you can retain your old name, not sure how it's done though as I gt confused and registered a new one when I got LE.

Signed up you and Reborne. Welcome to the League! We have 19 participants already  awesome, for real

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 07:41:51 AM

Ok, given the silly nature of the in-game League Creator, we are realistically aiming to a total of 20 or 24 participants. That means that we will probably have to cut off the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd appliants uness we can get to 24. Same for 25th, 26th, or 27th, unless we can get to 28.

In Season 2 we "gamed" the system having dummy teams join and then dropping them, having a hole we filled with BYE weeks. This mechanism though created many bugs here and there that I definitely would love to avoid. So, while this is not the final word, it's safe to say that the League will probably start with 20 or 24 (or 28) teams. Considering we already have 19 signed up, do your calculations, procrastinators. You know what, just in case, I am signing up everyone from Season 2 and saving them a spot. I don't want people like Xuri, who is traveling as far as I know, to be left out because he didn't read the post in time. Should he decide not to participate, I'll free his spot.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 08:22:32 AM

Long time lurker, season 3 finally convinced me to register an account. Id love to play if there is room.

Sending PM and joined steamgroup. (steamID = appleman36)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 08:25:42 AM

20 in less than 24 hours.  Cyanide owes you a thank you card, Falconeer.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #33 on: December 24, 2010, 09:07:34 AM

Wish there was a demo for this game so I could see if I'd like it. You guys make it sound fun, but thats bitten me in the ass before.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #34 on: December 24, 2010, 09:20:17 AM

Why no Dark Elf edition?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: