Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:49:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 629863 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3115 on: May 01, 2013, 08:55:20 PM

Oh man.  I am both horrified and intrigued.

Meanwhile, I'm just horrified.  why so serious?

Be afraid...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3116 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:03 PM

As long as it's not super overboard, it actually sounds kind of neat to me, and I'm not usually one for that kind of thing.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3117 on: May 02, 2013, 02:33:24 AM

This sounds nice...The Dovahtracker!  (basically, an "Armory" application for the game, currently in alpha)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/news/315/

is a modification by Tytanis for Skyrim that enables you to track and share your characters in real-time. Every single detail about your character is tracked, from items to stats and everything in between. It can even track your mods, making it extremely easy to share your mod list with people without having to do anything at all.

The framework is portable enough to work with every Bethesda title. Expect trackers for Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas in the near future. Other games will be supported as well.

The tracker is currently in Alpha stage, and the available features are as follows:
Game Stats Tracking
Equipment Tracking
Spells Tracking
Skills Tracking
Quests Tracking
Inventory Tracking
Position Tracking
Player Cards for Forums

In the future, these features will be available:
Custom Avatars/Based on Facegen.
Screenshot Gallery
Ratings
Character Titles
Guild System
Leaderboards - Will require anti-cheat.
Item Auctions - Will require anti-cheat.
Character Journals
MCM Support/Configuration
Achievements
Map - Your current location, all character locations
All-around database of items, npcs, spells, etc
Character Backups/Snapshots - Have your own .ess/mods/.inis/complete .bat backups all in one area.
Battle Area - Pit your characters against others and see who will dominate (on the site and possibly in-game in the future)!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3118 on: May 02, 2013, 07:30:22 AM

Meh, the game is way too easy even without cheating, if you take all the professions you can make god level gear and run around one shotting everything.  I don't really see the point of a leader board system in a game where I can chop off the last boss's head in one swing.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3119 on: May 02, 2013, 10:34:22 AM

I've added a bunch of mods that actually up the difficulty. Dragon priests are a bitch and a half.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3120 on: May 02, 2013, 10:47:52 AM

They also added a Legendary difficulty level recently, along with an option to reset skills to 15 once they get to 100 so you can keep leveling.  I haven't tried any of that stuff though.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3121 on: May 02, 2013, 12:36:53 PM

This mod adds teh pretty to Skyrim book covers and jackets (there was a very similar and great one for Oblivion too):
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35399/

v.1.0 is a little more saturated compared to 1.1

Vanilla bookshelf

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3122 on: May 02, 2013, 12:43:26 PM

They also added a Legendary difficulty level recently, along with an option to reset skills to 15 once they get to 100 so you can keep leveling.  I haven't tried any of that stuff though.

Is this an official thing?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3123 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:46 PM

Is this an official thing?

Yes, introduced in the latest (1.9) patch:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Patch#Version_1.9.32.0.8 (new features)

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3124 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:21 PM

I just started playing this for the first time ever this week and I've gotta say its not really working for me. I dislike most of the npc's, I don't get why they let me pick any old starting race when I'm instantly the nord jesus dragonborn guy, keep feeling like I should go back, make a Nord/Norse guy then join the rebellion and the game would all fall into place. I keep being forced to do stupid jobs for people I don't want to work for. When I'm not doing that I'm usually in a cave killing spiders or necromancers and stealing their books.

Overall it feels like I'm playing half the game picking shit up or selling shit, so much time spent in inventory menus. I may just stop searching every fucking urn and bookshelf.

The game is gorgeous and the world is pretty cool and icey and barren and whatnot and I like the voice stuff, it sounds cool and the dragon fights are nice. But fuck all of the humans and fuck all of the quests I didn't mind selling that one chick to assassins and I didn't mean knocking out the one guy for being a douche but the rest of them have mainly been obnoxious. I'm trying to come up with a satisfying way to immerse myself in my PC but I don't really have it yet. Should I be expecting things to pick up once the story gets rolling? Any areas to make a point of going to because they are cool and will give me reason to do stuff in the game or areas to avoid because they are hella boring?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3125 on: May 02, 2013, 09:49:06 PM

The main story bored the shit out of me too. Hence, the Jedi thing.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3126 on: May 02, 2013, 10:04:35 PM

give me reason to do stuff in the game or areas to avoid because they are hella boring?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
schild
Administrator

Reply #3127 on: May 02, 2013, 10:28:25 PM

i, uh, wat
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3128 on: May 02, 2013, 11:44:31 PM

Good point.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3129 on: May 03, 2013, 12:25:03 AM

pm sent, clearly I need a list of rk47 approved mods to salvage this game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3130 on: May 03, 2013, 12:32:51 AM

pm sent, clearly I need a list of rk47 approved mods to salvage this game.

Yeah...Admittedly, that looks a tad more interesting than arranging a bookshelf or adjusting picklock settings... Sad Panda

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3131 on: May 03, 2013, 12:36:55 AM

The various guild questlines are all pretty good, I liked the Dark Brotherhood a lot.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #3132 on: May 03, 2013, 01:50:12 AM

tera skyrim armor

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3133 on: May 03, 2013, 02:16:19 AM

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #3134 on: May 03, 2013, 04:31:55 AM

Really??

I post the nude mod that's used for the majority of clothing mods and get ridiculed, where RK47 is encouraged to share the mod that's the origin of sexy outfits ?? I don't even know what to say about Lucas OMGPervert mods.

Like I said back then, it was less the mod than it was WHO posted it.

I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3135 on: May 03, 2013, 04:42:54 AM

Personally, I didn't follow the topic when you were "ridiculed" for that particular mod but...Regarding my above message, I haven't implied anything by posting those two mods: it was just to follow along the lines of what RK posted, with no seriousness involved,or rather, just to show one more time with Bethesda games what the modders' pervertion/imagination/frustrated puberty can produce and how many players are interested in that, judging by the downloads. Let's not take everything so seriously :)

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3136 on: May 03, 2013, 06:15:01 AM

Actually....you can get the sexy body mod without getting the full nude mod.  I just found it hard to explain to my girlfriend why men got to keep their boxers and women didn't when I looted them.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3137 on: May 03, 2013, 10:49:39 AM

If it makes you feel any better, Tao, I was making this kind of face ACK! when I saw the Tera armor picture. It's pretty much assured that I will never play Tera.

The only Skyrim clothes mod I use is Immersive Armors. I do use a few hair mods, but no body mods.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3138 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

If it makes you feel any better, Tao, I was making this kind of face ACK! when I saw the Tera armor picture. It's pretty much assured that I will never play Tera.

Yeah, this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:11:41 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3139 on: May 03, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

* insert rant about bottom-feeding with skantily clad armor *

* reinstalls Skryim *

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3140 on: May 03, 2013, 07:55:51 PM

Noirah's skimpiest outfit...

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3141 on: May 03, 2013, 08:20:51 PM

The only Skyrim clothes mod I use is Immersive Armors. I do use a few hair mods, but no body mods.

Immersive armors you say? (Googles that...)
Oh, I'm feeling immersed alright.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3142 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:01 PM

Noirah's skimpiest outfit...

I call foul. That is not nearly skimpy enough to be worth calling "skimpy" smiley
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3143 on: May 03, 2013, 08:43:13 PM

Hence, "skimpiest". She's a jedi, not a h00r.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3144 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:30 PM

Hence, "skimpiest". She's a jedi, not a h00r.

Pretty sure belly button chain puts her in a contender spot.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #3145 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:50 AM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3146 on: May 14, 2013, 10:27:45 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3147 on: May 14, 2013, 03:33:44 PM

RK47's world really is a better place to live than the one I currently reside.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3148 on: May 15, 2013, 07:02:49 PM

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #3149 on: May 15, 2013, 07:09:18 PM

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: