Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 629612 times)
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2730 on: August 17, 2012, 06:55:34 AM

Oh one other thing that was added as well in the DLC. YOu can hit things while on horseback. Woohoo.

I think that's from a patch, you can do it even without the DLC I believe.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #2731 on: August 17, 2012, 07:05:03 AM

The point system for enchanting, I had a nice daedric tower shield 180 enchanting points, 1 click would trigger a damage spell that fired off 5 different damage spells at 30 points of damage with a 20 foot radius.

That brings me back to Morrowind.  I'd steal some expensive soul stones and make some ridiculous gloves that would just spam out a nuke.  Made the whole game easy mode at the start.
re-reading that I don't think I was exactly clear, the shield pumped out 30 points of damage per spell, so 150 points of damage that at most things would resist 2 of them.

It ended up being a game of "lets see what survives!"  With the answer just being another click.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2732 on: August 17, 2012, 07:43:54 AM

By the way I've found what the Vamp lord is really good at, taking out big groups of enemies. Its blast might "only" do 87 odd points of damage, but when theres 3 or 4 of them around you its doing it to each of them AND transferring that health to you. Quite fun actually  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2733 on: August 17, 2012, 10:12:40 PM

I think Bethesda is trying to tell us something with the Troll armour. why so serious?

Now that I actually have a reason to play a vampire, I need to unfuck the way that the vampirism script adds and deletes spells rather than incrementing the damage with hidden perks.  Anyone who's ever tried to quickbind one of the vampire abilities knows what I'm talking about.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2734 on: August 21, 2012, 12:34:16 AM

So, it looks like the source for the new player vampire scripts is simply not there until Bethesda releases an updated editor.  That kind of fucking sucks since I don't like doing hackjobs and I don't trust decompiled then recompiled code to not shit itself.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2735 on: August 28, 2012, 07:28:27 AM

New DLC revealed: "Hearthfire" . Available on Xbox from September 4th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXwNVpDmfo

So You Want to be a Parent? :P (and an architect, and an interior designer, apparently :P)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:34:25 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2736 on: August 28, 2012, 07:44:35 AM

House-building thing looks interesting. However, surprise, surprise - it's a 360-exclusive.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2737 on: August 28, 2012, 07:49:23 AM

House-building thing looks interesting. However, surprise, surprise - it's a 360-exclusive.

It will cost 400 MS points ($5):

http://twitter.com/nickbreckon/status/240456388164325376

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2738 on: August 28, 2012, 07:50:24 AM

Dawnguard was also 360-exclusive.

Either way, I'm actually kinda interested. I'd like to build a little wilderness outpost and defend it from wolves and stuff. Sounds like fun.

Guess I'll have to reinstall Skyrim and dig out my old save from the archive drive.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2739 on: August 28, 2012, 08:20:47 AM

It will cost 400 MS points ($5)

That's more like it.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2740 on: August 28, 2012, 08:46:15 AM

Kinda torn.  On the one hand, I'm all for anything that makes the game more world-y, and this seems like it.  Unless it's seriously fucked up, I'm almost definitely getting it for PC on launch.

On the other hand, unless the systems associated with it are really deep, I don't see why I'd care about this when I can already build my own house in TES Construction Kit without worrying about funding/decorating it with the wonky in-game interface.  The whole "raise children" thing has a lot of potential for virtual dollhouse nerds like me, but given that interaction with other people has been arguably the weakest aspect of the series since Daggerfall, I'm getting the feeling that it's going to feel really tacked on.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2741 on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:09 PM

This actually sounds pretty cool; once this drops for PC I'll probably buy HF + DG and start a new character up. Having to adopt kids but not actually being able to have kids of your own just seem strange but oh well. Given the general track record, this should come out on PC in early October, right?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2742 on: August 28, 2012, 08:32:48 PM

Having to adopt kids but not actually being able to have kids of your own just seem strange but oh well.

I assume that's down to not having models or voices for non-Nordic kids, but yeah, definitely a bit weird.  Double extra weird that it looks like you have to go up to them in the street and invite them to live with you... this guy looks legit
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2743 on: August 28, 2012, 11:32:59 PM

A raft of features implemented months ago by PC modders.

Years ago, if you want to include Oblivion.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2744 on: August 29, 2012, 05:50:35 AM

A raft of features implemented months ago by PC modders.

Years ago, if you want to include Oblivion.

True, but on the other hand is good to rely on official mods that have less chance to cause conflicts, with developers that have access to the code they created themselves (not saying that means a "bug proof" product, especially in bethesda case :P)

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2745 on: August 29, 2012, 07:25:43 AM

Why is this not a MMO yet?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2746 on: August 29, 2012, 08:22:58 AM

2-4 co-op sandbox scenario (no quests, just wildlife and monsters) with randomized dungeons (each time you access them, much like torchlight, Diablo etc.) and the rest is up to the modding community  Heart Heart

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2747 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:37 AM

Because Todd Howard hates MMOs.

Even co-op with more than two people would significantly raise system requirements and necessitate a pretty radical change in design to accommodate it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2748 on: August 29, 2012, 12:00:08 PM

Even co-op with more than two people would significantly raise system requirements and necessitate a pretty radical change in design to accommodate it.

There is a multi-player mod.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2749 on: August 29, 2012, 12:14:49 PM

How does it deal with fast travel? That would seem to break badly with multiple players since time is supposed to pass when you do it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2750 on: August 29, 2012, 12:42:50 PM

There is a multi-player mod.

There have been multiplayer mods for Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind. I have yet to see them get past the early alpha/proof-of-concept phases (which the Skyrim one is currently in) though, due to the hurdles required to get the engine to do anything other than "Yep, I can see that other guy." As long as everything has to be done via the hacky synchronization methods that the mods have to utilize, I don't foresee them really getting anywhere.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2751 on: August 29, 2012, 02:26:08 PM

Todd Howard is my hero.

There are enough Mmogs for those inclined to play them, there will be a multiplayer Elder Scrolls as well. They don't have to ruin single player games as well.

Balancing Skyrim would be a bitch. And not balancing it would mean endless bitching about overpowered Builds and cries for balancing tradeskills. Fuck that shit.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2752 on: August 29, 2012, 03:01:06 PM

I just want the minecraft model of multiplayer.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2753 on: August 31, 2012, 03:20:35 PM

I just want the minecraft model of multiplayer.

Yeah.  I'd say the same thing about 90% of all MMOs, for that matter.

It also looks like the PS3 might not be getting Dawnguard, as in, not ever.  Or any other Skyrim DLC.  Possibly.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1407614-update-on-ps3-dlc/
We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2754 on: August 31, 2012, 03:23:12 PM

Ouch. I can't decide if this reflects worse on Sony or Bethesda. I lean towards Sony.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2755 on: August 31, 2012, 03:42:22 PM

You could potentially shift blame either way, really. The PS3's had problems with every Bethsoft game on it since Oblivion (I know people with Oblivion GOTY boxes that still won't work on their PS3s, with no solution or recourse), so I guess you could blame Sony for making shitty-to-develop-for hardware as much as you could blame Bethsoft for not going the extra mile to retool their games to make sure they work 100% on Sony's shitty-to-develop-for hardware, but release them on it anyway.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:48:10 PM by koro »
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2756 on: September 03, 2012, 10:11:33 AM

Todd Howard is my hero.

There are enough Mmogs for those inclined to play them, there will be a multiplayer Elder Scrolls as well. They don't have to ruin single player games as well.

Balancing Skyrim would be a bitch. And not balancing it would mean endless bitching about overpowered Builds and cries for balancing tradeskills. Fuck that shit.

Why balance anyone?  Isn't that the beauty of Elder Scrolls games? 

One of my favorite DIKU MUDs is a pseudo multi-class where you can perform any of the trinity.  The genius of this is that while mages can tank, warriors and the like are better at it.  But, better is a relative term-- anyone can be good at it once the gear gets good enough.

One can dream.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2757 on: September 20, 2012, 04:53:15 PM

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2758 on: September 20, 2012, 04:57:00 PM

I would hope with Skyrim mechanics?

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2759 on: September 20, 2012, 05:07:55 PM

I would hope with Skyrim mechanics?

I think so, but in the mini-faq on the forum, for example, you can read:
http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2817

6. Q: Could I use smitings objects and other craft possibillities like it was in Skyrim?

A: yes, you could. But crafting system will be rebalanced.

7. Q: What about fast-travel and markers?

A: You could use fast-travel, but if you don't want, you could turned it and compass off.

8. Q:I have heard  that the armor system will be similar to the Morrowind's one, is that true?

A: Yeah, indeed. All armor have a 2 pauldrons, greeves, boots, 2 bracers, cuirass and helmet.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2760 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:44 AM

Coming back to it since a long time, never finished the main campaign (but having more than 100 hours /played).

Is anyone still tinkering with this? Which are you using?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2761 on: September 30, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Coming back to it since a long time, never finished the main campaign (but having more than 100 hours /played).

Is anyone still tinkering with this? Which are you using?

I still putter around occasionally (trying to get 100% achievements).  What do you mean with "which am I using?"  Mods?

I didn't mind the default UI (if that's what you're looking for, SkyUI seems to be the go-to mod for that), so I'm mostly just using atmospheric and gameplay mods.  A fair bit of sound stuff (Sounds of  Skyrim, for example, though it looks like it's been pulled), and the "live another life" mod that junks the startup sequence so you don't have to go through the cart ride every time you create a new character.

Probably the most fun mod I use is Frostfall, which adds a tiny amount of cold weather survival to the game.  Basically, it's enough to make the cold seem uncomfortable, like you don't want to be out in it, but it's not so bad that it interferes with the gameplay (the way a lot of the more hardcore survival mods do, like Imp's Complex Needs).

EDIT: Another one I like is the "Spend Dragon Souls for Perks" mod.  It's not cheap (generally, it's way easier to level up than collect the thirty or so souls you'll need for a perk) but it's a nice way around the whole "I'm at level cap and can never get any more perks, while I also have every shout and can never spend any more dragon souls" problem.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:45:35 PM by Kail »
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2762 on: September 30, 2012, 03:59:22 PM

The Sounds of Skyrim mods were pulled en masse because of a game-breaking error introduced in the third one, "Sounds of Civilization." He had some kind of scripting on a snore that, when the mod was removed, caused a crash 100% of the time. Reinstalling the mod doesn't fix this. Other modders have helped him identify the problem, but no fix has been released yet.

I'll list my mods once I'm not the only adult in a house with three hyperactive boys under 7. Things tend to spin out of control when I try to write large posts.

- Henry Cobb
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2763 on: October 01, 2012, 12:29:53 AM

I typed a whole bunch out, and then for some reason my browser went back a page and I lost it all. Fuck it, I'll do this tomorrow.  Argh!

- Henry Cobb
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2764 on: October 02, 2012, 05:33:05 AM

I still putter around occasionally (trying to get 100% achievements).  What do you mean with "which am I using?"  Mods?
Yes, of course. Don't know how that mistake slipped by.

I typed a whole bunch out, and then for some reason my browser went back a page and I lost it all. Fuck it, I'll do this tomorrow.  Argh!

Bah, that sucks. Thank you very much for going through all the effort, I really appreciate it.  Heart Heart Heart

On second thought, if it is easier to just screenshot your load-order that is enough too. Can go from that and google the appropriate mods. I am not lazy, just feeling overwhelmed by the myriad of overhaul/game balance/realism/perk-replacement etc etc options out there.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: