Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Your Highness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Highness  (Read 18377 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:28 AM

Her ass has a 98% fresh rating

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 03:16:11 PM

Great trailer!  I laughed my ass off, I just hope they didn't show all the funny bits.  NP is like 30 and her ass is amazing I must concur.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 08:23:00 PM

It looks like someone filmed a Dungeons and Dragons role playing session.

And I mean this is in a good way.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #38 on: November 22, 2010, 11:44:56 AM

Looks terrible. Pop culture in fantasy can work well (Knight's Tale) but mostly it's just cringingly awful (Black Knight).

That's funny because I feel the exact opposite.  Knight's Tale was offal.  Black Knight was your average lowbrow comedy de jour.

Really? You choose Black Knight over a Knight's Tale? I couldn't even finish Black Knight it was so horrible...

A Knight's Tale on the other hand is awesome as long as you go in knowing you're getting a sports movie with fantasy trappings.

Yes.  Black Knight knew it was awful and played that angle up.  I got a few laughs at the absurdity of Martin Lawrence teaching King Arthur and the gang how to break dance, etc. 

A Knight's Tale was trying to be a Good Movie™ and was patently ridiculous.  And not in a good way.  There was nothing redeemable about it. not even in a rubbernecking a trainwreck sort of way.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 22, 2010, 02:37:07 PM

I don't think you're right.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 03:18:22 PM

It's tough taking a position that portrays Black Knight in a positive light, but somebody has to be That Guy™.  Anyway, I thought Knight's Tale was childish, retarded, not funny, poorly acted, ill-conceived, and in general having all the characteristics of a pile of shit.  Black Knight was most/all of that with the addition of being pretty funny when you're high.  I feel like my position on this matter is unassailable.   awesome, for real
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:04 PM

I am legend, fucking be there.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:40 PM

It's tough taking a position that portrays Black Knight in a positive light, but somebody has to be That Guy™.  Anyway, I thought Knight's Tale was childish, retarded, not funny, poorly acted, ill-conceived, and in general having all the characteristics of a pile of shit.  Black Knight was most/all of that with the addition of being pretty funny when you're high.  I feel like my position on this matter is unassailable.   awesome, for real

And yet again, you'd be wrong.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 04:06:15 PM

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/a-knights-tale
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 04:09:51 PM

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/a-knights-tale

I'm not sure how "Knight's Tale"'s metascore being almost double that of "Black Knight" supports your point.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 04:19:38 PM

And actually got a rating 5 times higher than Black Knight on rotten tomatoes.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 06:47:39 AM

What part of "Black Knight" is funny when you're high" don't you people understand?  JEEZ.   why so serious?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 07:59:58 AM

Everything is funny when your high.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:22 AM

Everything is funny when your high.   awesome, for real

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 09:55:00 AM

Disturbing.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:51 AM

Disturbing.

Jesus Christ, I only spotted up on that pic for 3 seconds the first time into this thread. Now I get it...

Always liked Tilda's odd look... Her portrayal of Gabriel was fantastic, and frightening.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 12:57:29 PM

I will pay to see this movie to support seeing that ass again in the future.

And Knight's Tale was an awesome movie.  Sports movie with fantasy trappings was a very good description.   awesome, for real

NSFW
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:18:42 PM by Draegan »
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:30 PM

Why is dusematic replying with an image of Tilda Sw-JESUS FUCK!

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 23, 2010, 01:35:32 PM

Disturbing.

I was wondering what was so disturbing... then it happened   ACK!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 02:05:51 PM

Disturbing.

I was wondering what was so disturbing... then it happened   ACK!

Yes the subtlety is very well played.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 02:56:30 PM

For those of you who missed it, that picture (and many like it) came from this page:

http://iwdrm.tumblr.com/

-Stephen Colbert
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 04:19:28 PM

I will pay to see this movie to support seeing that ass again in the future.

*ahem*

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:41 AM

I'll be in my hyperbaric chamber.

/Didn't care for Orlando.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 05:26:20 PM

I cannot decide after seeing more trailers if this is going to be funny or absolutely fucking monstrously stupid crap.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:06 PM

I figure it's going to be as "good" as Scary Movie 3.   If it's lucky it'll achieve Scary Movie 2, but not likely.  At worst it'll be "Epic Movie" and you'll never hear about it again once it finally releases.

I miss good parodies.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 29, 2011, 07:48:37 PM

See this is where you're wrong. It's a parody movie but it's not lampooning anything, which is where all the scary movie/vampire's suck etc etc etc movies went wrong. This movie could have just made lord of the ring and fatasy movie jokes throughout but they are taking a diff tact, keeping the setting consitent albeit silly. Shile it probably won't compare, it's far more akin to the discworld than scary movie.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 29, 2011, 10:05:01 PM

I know I'm several months late to this party but I couldn't figure out why everyone was...freaked. So I went back to the picture and was like "It's just Tilda Swinton." Then glanced away and back right as it happened. *shudders*

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 30, 2011, 05:30:02 AM

I know I'm several months late to this party but I couldn't figure out why everyone was...freaked. So I went back to the picture and was like "It's just Tilda Swinton." Then glanced away and back right as it happened. *shudders*

Yeah, this just got me too.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 09, 2011, 12:11:21 PM

Pretty much everything I was expecting and lived up to expectations. Just raunchy enough, 0 pop culture references and a lot of people being stupid. A very good parody/comedy and a DnD game on the big screen.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #64 on: April 09, 2011, 12:44:51 PM

You had me at "0 pop culture references."  That sounds very refreshing.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 09, 2011, 01:40:19 PM

There is some modern vernacular, like motherfucker, shit and I believe one time they call the magic herb sticky icky but no references to any movies/shows or anything like that. If I was able to best describe it, it would be movie made out of someone's DnD campaign. Also the story while fairly straightforward I believe was solid.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:58 AM

You had me at "0 pop culture references."  That sounds very refreshing.

Indeed

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 01:55:27 PM

The trailers were nothing but a series of disconnected jokes that gave you no clue as to what the movie was about, and the fact that half the people in this thread seem to have been expecting a "Scary Movie" type of parody when it's no such thing is pretty damning in regards to their marketing. They did not sell this movie properly and they're paying for it with a shit opening that they should have been able to at least double.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

I don't disagree there but it would also be hard to sell a "medievil quest comedy" movie too I think. It's a weird geek/stoner hybrid movie that will probably have it's niche but I can't see it having mass appeal.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 06:18:27 PM

The trailer actually made me really want to see this, but with the word of mouth I'm waiting for Netflix.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Your Highness  
Jump to: