Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 10:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Your Highness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Highness  (Read 18355 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 07:33:32 PM

The article in GQ where they interview Danny McBride provides interesting insight into how this movie came to be made. "Stoner medieval fantasy" is an apt description.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #71 on: April 25, 2011, 01:31:19 PM

I saw this on Saturday and enjoyed it.  It's a half decent fantasy movie crossed with a half decent comedy movie, which all together adds up to something decently entertaining.

"A movie made out of someone's DnD campaign" does sum it up well.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 03:25:58 PM

Saw this recently, I liked it quite a bit. I loved the language they used, how it all sounded so corny, talking about quests and crap.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 04:44:02 PM

I picked it up at the library, watched it the other day. Was pretty much what I expected, though I figured there would be more random boobage than there was.

Would not have paid 9 bucks to see it in the theater though.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Your Highness  
Jump to: