Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #2 ** (Over! We have a winner!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #2 ** (Over! We have a winner!)  (Read 135100 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: October 28, 2010, 08:32:25 AM

1 year ago, 8 bold pioneers battled each other in the first f13 Blood Bowl league. It was buggy, it was messy, it was bloody. Aez won, all hail Aez and his heroic skaven team, the Fraggers.

Now, with the release of the new and improved Blood Bowl Legendary Edition, and the addition of 11 teams for a total of 20, we are ready to make things right, serious and in your face.

** f13 Blood Bowl League, Season #2 **

>>> (All the old info are under spoiler tags) <<<

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #7 (of 7)
** All games have to be played BEFORE December 22nd **

Group 1

Team Snoosnoo - (Modern Angel) vs. Spleen Flay Hackers - (IainC)                    4 - 0                          
Alive Not Dead - (Llyse) vs. F13 Catfighters - (Comstar)
6 Pools - (Ezrast) vs. Hazardous Hippies - (Teleku)
- Silver Horde FC - (Eldaec) RESTS

Group 2

North by Northwest - (Xuri) vs. The Denton Despoilers - (Ruvaldt)      
The Bell Jar Utd. - (Falconeer) vs. Diplomatic Immunity - (Strazos)                     0 - 1                                  
Pointy Hat Squad - (Proudft) vs. Morsel - (Megrim)                            
- Necco Waivers - (Avaia) RESTS

** All games have to be played BEFORE December 22nd **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Day #6, Scores and Standings.

Scores:

Standings:

Player stats:

Team stats:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:01:46 AM by Falconeer »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:47:00 AM

This is a pretty impressive post given I can't even download this fucker for a couple more hours.

I'm in though.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:08:02 AM

I'm in.  I'll get start going down your list of chores after work.   tongue

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:38 AM

I'm in.   Also, thanks for doing this, Falconeer.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:16:37 AM

Put me in, coach.  

Edit: changed my Steam name to match for less confusion.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:33:40 AM by proudft »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 05:30:05 PM

Alright I think I am gonna be a suicide idiot and I am gonna go with Amazons in this League. What are you peeps gonna do?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:30 PM

If you run this under the default ruleset (i.e. not Blitz), i think you have access to all the inducements (Babes, Wizards, Star Players) except potions. Which is the best format in my (non expert) opinion. Also, you may want to reconsider the 2-minute time limit. Personally i have no problem with it as this is how i run my small league with my mates, but for newer players 2-min turns can be a very harsh learning curve. I also play in a larger multi-division league which runs on 4min time, and i can say with confidence that sometimes in very tight matches even an experienced player needs that time to think. For example, i suspect that playing Vampires with 2min turns will be hard.

Apart from that, thank you for organizing this, and, ugh... now i have to pick a team. Oh dear.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 05:50:40 PM

This looks...interesting. How does the game actually...work. Is there a demo?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 06:02:44 PM

Unfortunately there is no demo. The best description i've ever heard of Blood Bowl has been: Chess with random natural disasters.

It's a turn-based mix of Gridiron, the Warhammer fantasy world and elves being smushed all over the pitch.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 06:33:52 PM

I don't find two minutes that onerous and certainly not with a few games under your belt. Play the AI, speed up their turns, learn. Really, with four minute turns games can reach an hour and a half. I, for one, can't do that.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:17 PM

In an ideal world they'd have a chess clock system.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 07:04:03 PM

I'm in.  Heart
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 07:08:18 PM

Falc, definitely go with Cup option on the league. I wouldn't split into two pools until you hit the 16 team mark, which we won't.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 07:22:49 PM

I've never played it before, but I bought it on Steam earlier today. I might join, but will have to give the game a whirl before I make up my mind. =P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 07:35:17 PM

Alright I think I am gonna be a suicide idiot and I am gonna go with Amazons in this League. What are you peeps gonna do?

I have no damn idea.  I like most of the old races except the extra slow moving ones, and I'm working my way through the new ones to see how I like them.  So far Nergles get a thumbs up and Necromancy neutral (I think my player choice on this one was sorta wrong though).

Has anyone else noticed a faint background 'boop' noise once in a while?  I haven't been able to figure out what it means and it is sort of driving me crazy.  I'm like 80% sure it's the game and not some other program but I see no pattern with the AI fake chat, game messages, the timer, or what's going on the field.  Aiiiieee!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:40:02 PM by proudft »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:29 PM

Cool. With Llyse we just hit the 8 coaches mark. 9 as soon as Xuri gets addicted.

I agree that 4 minutes make up for better planned actions, but it really makes matches too long for most people. Plus, previous f13 League was 2 minutes and no one really complained. And the pressure tends to add to the crazyness. Which is all fun.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 12:24:09 AM

Normally I'd go Chaos, but they really only peak after you start to diversify your beastmen and beef up a minotaur.  A late-blooming team might not be the right way to go here.  Tempted to go Necromancy or Khemri, if I'm feeling daring.  I like Dwarves too though...this is tough.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 12:32:46 AM

I fokkin hate dwarves. Especially cause they bruise my amazons badly. No, seriously, all that blocking? I hate dwarves.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 05:27:41 AM

I'll be in again for this one.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 06:09:17 AM

I'm going to go either Norse or Orc, having a tough time deciding.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 03:24:13 PM

Welp, I played a game as Khemri, and you know, they weren't as slow as I was anticipating, and kinda fun, too.  They're in my 'possible' list now.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?   Might be a little boring long-term, though, dunno.

High Elves also got a thumbs up, though that isn't really unexpected.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:28:13 PM by proudft »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 03:46:47 PM

I like Norsemen, but damn they are so fragile it's frustrating. Same problem I have with Amazons. Low AV can really impact my mood for the day.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:50 PM

See, I feel like Norse play exactly like Dwarfs from the really old editions. And they were my team back when I was 13.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 06:28:01 PM

If you run this under the default ruleset (i.e. not Blitz)

I simply assumed we'll be running classic because there are no other formats.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 06:37:23 PM

If you run this under the default ruleset (i.e. not Blitz)

I simply assumed we'll be running classic because there are no other formats.

What's blitz? No, seriously, what Eldaec said.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 05:02:34 AM

Please add me  - I've joined the steam group

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 06:33:02 AM

Added everyone to the list and we are 10 as of now, which is awesome. Possibly 12, if we get Xuri in, and maybe good ole Typhon whose arm only need some serious twisting.
I'd love to have some of the old chaps too, and I mean you Helm, Cadaverine, Ironwood and most important of all Aez, the defending champion. Aez, seriously, step up dude. You run away with the title?

I have only received 3 PMs so far though, and still waiting for the remaining 6. Not a big deal as there's plenty of time before starting, but the PM with your personal email is the "seal" that you care.  why so serious?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 07:14:57 AM

I'll probably end up doing this, because...why the heck now.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 08:50:13 AM

I'm posting this here just because it's top priority if you're in the league. FORWARD YOUR PORTS!

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15763

There's still an issue with direct connect sometimes, especially trans-Atlantic, with port 16962.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 07:06:08 PM

Just a quick clarification,

Is the sign up date referring to signup to the in game league with your term correct?

I eagerly await information of the league to join  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 07:10:22 PM

Mmm no signup date refers to what you have to do here on the boards (see OP). After I know the number or participants I'll set up the League in game, and I'll give you all the password to join. That will realistically happen on November 11th.

Basically, I can't create the League in game until I know exactly how many people will join it.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 04:13:37 PM

I'm 90% in but I should buy the new version and make sure I can play online before I commit for srs.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 04:41:08 PM

Alright. I won't put your name down, but do your homeworks and get in the League. You have 9 days to figure it all out.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:32 AM

Last week to sign up.

Biggest disappointments so far, the absence of Aez (Reigning champion), Hoax and Azazel (wannabe winnarz), Trippy, Xuri and ezrast (own the game but didn't sign up for the League).

We are 11 by the way, meaning one too short and one too many. League needs even numbers.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 12:02:04 PM

Yes, I accept.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #2 ** (Over! We have a winner!)  
Jump to: