Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340973 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: September 21, 2011, 08:20:48 AM

No way to verify, and tbh I don't even really know the game being discussed, I just recognize the name from reading this thread.

Quote from: Achilles001
I just read on GAF that people in Japan who got Dark Souls early are having their games invaded by ridiculously overpowered characters from the dev team as punishment. I cannot believe the amount win associated with this game.

From the anime board over on IGN, FYI.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: September 21, 2011, 08:53:54 AM

I was gonna pick up Dead Space 2 now that it's ~$30 but I still have to pre-order Dark Souls. I'm worried that it'll get in the way of work.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:04 AM

No way to verify, and tbh I don't even really know the game being discussed, I just recognize the name from reading this thread.

Quote from: Achilles001
I just read on GAF that people in Japan who got Dark Souls early are having their games invaded by ridiculously overpowered characters from the dev team as punishment. I cannot believe the amount win associated with this game.

From the anime board over on IGN, FYI.

More information.

Seems kind of silly, but oh well.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #493 on: September 23, 2011, 09:16:45 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #494 on: September 25, 2011, 09:21:44 AM

Have they talked about what Rage's co-op mode will entail? Like, a full, proper campaign, or the usual "horde-mode" bolted on?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #495 on: September 25, 2011, 05:42:21 PM

Have they talked about what Rage's co-op mode will entail? Like, a full, proper campaign, or the usual "horde-mode" bolted on?

Co-op missions which are separate from the campaign.  At one point they said the missions were unlocked as you played through campaign, but I'm not sure if that's still true.  Seem kinda pointless to cockblock people from playing co-op right out of the box.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #496 on: September 26, 2011, 01:34:10 AM

meh. I found a local pre-order that's only $5 more than ordering it from the UK and waiting 2-4 weeks. Was considering getting a couple of copies, but if they're doing bullshit co-op I'll fish it out of the bargain bin later on.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #497 on: September 26, 2011, 02:03:55 AM

I'm working on the premise that id aren't completely sucking dick yet, and just sent in my first prepurchase in recent memory. Rage had better not suck, now.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #498 on: September 26, 2011, 02:33:53 AM

I'm barely excited by first person shooter anymore. There's just so much glut in it that I can't get excited about Rage at all.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: September 26, 2011, 04:50:47 AM

I just moved back to Europe a couple of months ago, and took all my consoles with me.  Have power transformers for both consoles and TVs, so I had everything planned out nicely.  So the other day I turn on my 360 for the first time since the move, and guess what?  Red.  Ring.  Of.  Death.  Son of a biatch.  I suppose it's possible that it didn't like the power coming from the transformer or something odd, but it's probably just a shitty coincidence.

So I went out and had to buy a PAL edition 360.  Happily, 2/3rds of my 360 games were not region coded, so that's cool.  It's also one of the newer 250gb models (I had the old 40g), so that, too, is cool.  What is definitely NOT cool is this fucking Xbox Live & Windows Live bullshit.  As I have never created a Windows Live ID, it appears to be completely impossible to recover my ID.  So, all gamer scores gamer tag and DLC are done and gone.  Didn't have a lot of DLC, but I have spent a bit of money on Rockband songs, and it pisses me off that I may not be able to access it again.  Creating a Windows ID with the same Xbox live info after the fact seems to achieve nothing at all.

Anyone have a clue how I might address this?  Is it possible to transfer everything over from the old harddrive somehow?  Never tried that before, so I don't know how it works.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: September 26, 2011, 07:47:24 AM

Yes it is, you have to buy an Xbox 360 Transfer Cable which run about $20.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:50 AM

Yes, just don't do anything on the new console's hard drive beforehand as the copying process will erase it.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: September 26, 2011, 08:13:14 PM

Apparently some people in Korea are finally waking up and looking at cash shop gambling:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36908/Koreas_Game_Rating_Board_Publishers_Clash_Over_Jackpot_Items.php

I thought about putting this in MMO but it's probably not worth a whole thread at this point.   I've often wondered how long this would avoid notice.  The whole trend seems pretty ripe for "protect the children".   Vegas moguls would probably go to heaven if they could do what these companies get away with.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #503 on: September 26, 2011, 08:29:06 PM

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2268.0.html

It has become apparent that a lot of people want Dead State and they want it now. So far we’ve been able to accomplish a lot with our small team, but in order to get the game done in a more timely fashion, it’s apparent that we’re going to have to at least start considering some new additions to help us get Dead State to the marketplace.

So, here’s the pitch – are you a modder looking to work on an original title? Are you new to the game industry and looking to get professional credit on your resume? Are you an experienced game developer looking to work on a zombie RPG in your spare time because you’ve always wanted to play one? We are looking for folks like you.

Now, a few things about the project. We have very little funding – work on the project ranges from contribution for credit in the game to payment after the project comes out (for the long-term members of the team). This is not likely to change, so this is NOT a full-time job with a salary, though if the game does well enough (and we like your work) it could lead to paid work on future projects.

We’re not expecting full-time hours – attitude, efficiency, and reliability are key. We’re looking for team members that can complete tasks they’ve agreed to take on within a reasonable amount of time and communicate their progress to the leads. Professional discretion about your work is expected. Working well with the team is a must.   

For programmers:
We are primarily looking for someone with game programming/scripting background. Knowledge of Torque 3D and TorqueScript is highly preferable. You will be working with the Lead Programmer and Project Lead on most of your tasks.

Tools Programmer - Developing tools to make implementation of content easier. GUI work a big plus.

Examples of tool duties:
-Script Editor
-Journal Editor
-Loot Container tool
-Art implementation and lighting tools

Scripting Programmer - The scripting programmer uses the engine's scripting language to create scripts for dialogue (a lot of these), for events/event triggers, time passage, tracking stats, and bark text.

Examples of Scripting:
-Global dialogue flags
-Combat triggers
-Quest update triggers
-Scene triggers
-XP/item rewards

Art:
We do not have any actual art positions right now. If you are an outstanding modeler or texture artist that would like to contribute items to the game for fun and credit, we may make an exception. Note that we already have most common props and textures done already, so you may want to talk to our lead artist about what we are lacking currently.

Design:
We are not looking for additional designers or writers right now.

Sound/Music:
We are not looking for sound/music people at this time. We will update this page if this changes.

If you’re interested in working with us or contributing, please send your qualifications, links to your work, an introduction, and any questions you may have to:

info@DoubleBearProductions.com

We will try get back to you as soon as possible. If you know people who might be a good fit, please send them a link to this thread.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #504 on: September 27, 2011, 01:43:55 AM

I just moved back to Europe a couple of months ago, and took all my consoles with me.  Have power transformers for both consoles and TVs, so I had everything planned out nicely.  So the other day I turn on my 360 for the first time since the move, and guess what?  Red.  Ring.  Of.  Death.  Son of a biatch.  I suppose it's possible that it didn't like the power coming from the transformer or something odd, but it's probably just a shitty coincidence.

So I went out and had to buy a PAL edition 360.  Happily, 2/3rds of my 360 games were not region coded, so that's cool.  It's also one of the newer 250gb models (I had the old 40g), so that, too, is cool.  What is definitely NOT cool is this fucking Xbox Live & Windows Live bullshit.  As I have never created a Windows Live ID, it appears to be completely impossible to recover my ID.  So, all gamer scores gamer tag and DLC are done and gone.  Didn't have a lot of DLC, but I have spent a bit of money on Rockband songs, and it pisses me off that I may not be able to access it again.  Creating a Windows ID with the same Xbox live info after the fact seems to achieve nothing at all.

Anyone have a clue how I might address this?  Is it possible to transfer everything over from the old harddrive somehow?  Never tried that before, so I don't know how it works.

Also, telephone Microsoft's phone support. I've found them quite helpful in several instances in the past. If the 1st Tier guys can't hep you (and they probably can't for this), just keep asking for the next tier people. Ask for their names, and remain polite, clear and businesslike at all times.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: September 27, 2011, 03:40:22 AM

Thanks for all the advice.  I found out on my own to get a transfer cable (managed to get one delivered from the UK for about 6 dollars)...hopefully that will work.  I really wanted the data on the harddrive anyway, so assuming it seemlessly transfers my gamer tag over, then that's probably a better solution than an ordinary recovery anyway.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #506 on: September 27, 2011, 05:00:12 AM

Sure, it should work (I've transferred my crap 3 times now). Transferring it to a new 360 will probably involve a windows ID and so forth as well to transfer the licences from your old machine to the new one, so you'll probably have to create one.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:58 AM

Well, I kind of already did create one, bit it didn't seem to link with my xbox live ID like it should have.  That's the part that worries me about this process.  I guess I'll see what happens once the cable arrives.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #508 on: September 29, 2011, 10:08:09 PM

Not 'useless' to me, but interesing...  I adore Nier, rough edges and all.  Sorry about the source...

A sequel to Nier is the obvious assumption, but it really could be anything. All Saito said was that there could be an amazing announcement soon, and then he tagged his tweet with the hashtag #Nier.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/29/new-nier-news-nearby.aspx

Nier
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #509 on: September 30, 2011, 08:47:53 AM

Stopped into Target for some groceries, and they had Dark Souls in the cases already...  I would have tried to buy it if I hadn't purchases from Amazon already.  Tough choice though.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: October 05, 2011, 06:48:32 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: October 06, 2011, 07:27:56 PM

"Maybe no one in the real world respects you... but you are like a god to some imaginary characters and a computer program."

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
schild
Administrator

Reply #512 on: October 07, 2011, 08:53:11 AM

"Maybe no one in the real world respects you... but you are like a god to some imaginary characters and a computer program."

Couldn't just enjoy the hell out of a well-made ad, could you?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #513 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:17 AM

Yah, that was pretty rad.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #514 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:39 AM

Brought a tear.  Now for more Dark Souls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #515 on: October 10, 2011, 11:00:38 AM

I don't know how I only now saw that Arx Fatalis has gotten a fat update on Steam.  Win7 compatibility and source code release?  Awesome.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #516 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:41 AM

Skyrim causes ripples.  My gamer friend has been playing Shivering Isles while anticipating (until I got him to buy Dark Souls) and this led to my wife getting the itch to play Oblivion.  We both have hundreds of hours of saves on the 360, and I have lots of time on the PC version.  She had also bought Morrowind GOTY for Xbox some time ago but never played it, so we started up a new game.  Long story short, I had a nostalgia attack and she decided she couldn't play it due to combat.

Morrowind seems to have crossed her complexity threshold.  My assertion was "Morrowind isn't for girls".  She didn't change her mind, but I'll keep at it.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: October 14, 2011, 11:17:46 AM

How is Morrowind more complex than Oblivion?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: October 14, 2011, 11:20:00 AM

More skills, and more finicky combat (which might not be more "complex" per se, but it certainly is not as intuitive to learn from what I remember). I haven't played Morrowind in quite a while though, so I'm having a little trouble remembering some of the finer points.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #519 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:20 AM

Well, you see it's due to.....GET THESE DAMN CLIFF RACERS OFF ME

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #520 on: October 14, 2011, 02:29:47 PM

There are a few more stats to worry about.  Also the combat, if you don't turn on "Always use best attack"... which I did point out to her but she still wasn't able to hit shit.

There are also more spell effects in Morrowind, including Levitate.  I don't have specific proof that the spell/enchantment system allows more options, but I feel like it did.

Scrolls of Icarian Flight
Boots of Blinding Speed

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #521 on: October 17, 2011, 02:32:58 AM

I may have to pre-order Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 from Best Buy, just for this character skin for MODOK (people who read Nextwave should recognize it):

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #522 on: October 17, 2011, 06:44:19 AM

Awesome pic thread thataway -->
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #523 on: October 21, 2011, 10:10:28 PM

I just had to drop in and mention that, for the first time after a Windows reinstall, I was able to reinstall Steam over the old directory and it picked up on all of my games without me having to wave any chicken feet.

CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #524 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:43 PM

I've always had decent luck backing up the Steam dir, doing my refresh, then install Steam clean, then copy the backed up dir into the install. When I then fire up Steam it just patches up any wonky/ missing files. So far this method has worked well each time for me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: