Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:33:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Tempted to start on a new server 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tempted to start on a new server  (Read 9268 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: September 11, 2010, 05:35:36 PM

Anyone else?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:12 PM

New server? To what purpose?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:04:59 PM

New server? To what purpose?

Random thought.  Brandywine is having issues.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:56:23 PM

Eh, Brandywine's always a problem-child when new content comes out.  Tonight's pretty clownshoes though.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:13:25 PM

I dunno. Getting a group occasionally is nice though...

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:29:52 PM

Yeah, I quit for the night after nearly dying to a chump thanks to the game freezing and leaving me helpless while he merrily thwacked away with an axe.  Fortunately it unfroze in time for me to kill the thing, but it was a close call and entirely thanks to the server sucking and dying.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 12:02:12 AM

ya was thinking the same thing.  Id prefer to transfer my toons.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 12:04:45 AM

I'm not playing right now, but I agree. I'll probably wait a month and see if the issues dry up, somewhat.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 12:58:29 AM

I made my characters on Brandywine specifically to meet up with F13 folks.  But they're new, so no real sweat to go and re-make them on another server if there's to be a mass exodus.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:12 AM

I will join any reroll attempt asd I am restarting on a new server anyway.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 04:56:00 AM

HAL!  YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!  I am sticking with Brandywine for now, but the lag is almost enough for me to start fresh elsewhere.  I really do not see everyone moving over - ROME is awesome enough for me to give the server techs some more time.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 06:10:07 AM

I'm not playing right now, but I agree. I'll probably wait a month and see if the issues dry up, somewhat.

You guys had better do this. Even after the initial new shiny noob wave recedes you'll still have a thriving server. Transferring somewhere else you probably won't.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 08:29:58 AM

It wasn't a Brandywine issue last night, the forums mentioned general network problems due to a bad switch. All the servers were shitting the bed.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:48:38 AM

It wasn't a Brandywine issue last night, the forums mentioned general network problems due to a bad switch. All the servers were shitting the bed.

Ahhhh, ty.  

Official thread, waiting on some kinda update.  Issue is still going on.

edit.  Added link to official response.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:10:22 AM by Cheddar »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 12:30:10 PM

Trying to log on right now...

26 minute queue?  WTF?  ACK!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 12:37:12 PM

These server issues, after downtime this morning, is underamazing.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 12:37:30 PM

Trying to log on right now...

26 minute queue?  WTF?  ACK!

I would do some chores around the house for 30 minutes or so.  They got a fix it sounds like, but you know it takes time.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 01:04:49 PM

It's ok - I'm 1206 in queue..... 76 minutes.... What the hell? I thought VIP's had priority...

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 01:12:46 PM

Quote from: Tarant (Turbine CSR)
Re: Server Issues: September 12 Discussion Thread (Official Turbine Thread)
The reason you're seeing queues is because we've capped the server populations to prevent the performance issues we were having earlier today/last night. We're sorry to those of you that are stuck waiting, but the flipside would be that you and everyone else would be in an unplayable version of the game. As soon as we fix the root problem, which we are working hard to do, the queue times will be drastically reduced.

Thanks for your patience everyone - we really appreciate it.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 03:06:29 PM

Server seems stable now.  Store is out of commission and their website seems dead.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 04:58:58 PM

44 in queue this time, so it's looking like they are letting paid in first.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 05:08:20 PM

My client's been saying "..." then getting stuck at Examine Programs for a couple hours now. I wouldn't mind a queue at this point.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 06:05:27 PM

My client's been saying "..." then getting stuck at Examine Programs for a couple hours now. I wouldn't mind a queue at this point.

still borked here too 4hrs later. 

in other news, also tried to resub last night a few times.  That's also borked:  http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?356036-Can-t-upgrade-account-from-premium-to-VIP
hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:48 PM

Hopefuly it is understood

hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 04:30:17 PM

I can not believe how well this worked out for them. I just re subbed. My brandywine toons were locked out of any quests that they might be able to do. I will log back in to them and take stock. If north downs is unlocked for them its a go. See ya soon guys.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 04:50:13 PM

I can not believe how well this worked out for them. I just re subbed. My brandywine toons were locked out of any quests that they might be able to do. I will log back in to them and take stock. If north downs is unlocked for them its a go. See ya soon guys.

I gotta tell ya, I am having a blast.  Having all my fav. peeps on the game at once is slowing down my levelling - but totally worth it.

hal
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 06:21:19 PM

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Gotta tell you about my day it was just that awesome. So I made a captain this morn. Ive noobed enough that I knew I liked this toon and am gonna want one. So i do the newbie getting into chetwood and Cheddar signs on so I send a tell and get an invite. OK, cool I'm cruising and I get to the marsh, going well Ive got all but the marsh queen (tough fight) and the instance in the fort. Being sneaky and tricky I pull all the adds and pull the marsh queen solo. It was not oh it was bad luck Ill try again she slammed me. I didn't have her to half health and I was sucking potions like a wino. In the mean time this toon went second tier farmer at level 10 and had a surplus of barley flour ( this is an I win). So I says to meself What to do? I was 14 and 3/4 so I decided to grind in the marsh to 15 and do my first class quest and give it the old collage try with a plan b of wining in chat until I can find someone who will help me beat this bully. Well the class quest resulted in a purple pole arm that rocks the world. Enough said. Was just a solid night and I am looking forward to pressing on. This game was fun and is even more fun than it was.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 07:22:03 PM

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Gotta tell you about my day it was just that awesome. So I made a captain this morn. Ive noobed enough that I knew I liked this toon and am gonna want one. So i do the newbie getting into chetwood and Cheddar signs on so I send a tell and get an invite. OK, cool I'm cruising and I get to the marsh, going well Ive got all but the marsh queen (tough fight) and the instance in the fort. Being sneaky and tricky I pull all the adds and pull the marsh queen solo. It was not oh it was bad luck Ill try again she slammed me. I didn't have her to half health and I was sucking potions like a wino. In the mean time this toon went second tier farmer at level 10 and had a surplus of barley flour ( this is an I win). So I says to meself What to do? I was 14 and 3/4 so I decided to grind in the marsh to 15 and do my first class quest and give it the old collage try with a plan b of wining in chat until I can find someone who will help me beat this bully. Well the class quest resulted in a purple pole arm that rocks the world. Enough said. Was just a solid night and I am looking forward to pressing on. This game was fun and is even more fun than it was.

Gets better.  At 20+ you can tag along with us for maze runs!

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 10:59:53 AM

A bunch of folks in my office have started playing on Crickhollow. Not including me, there are two alt-ing from other servers, and twelve new F2P players. Even with the caveat that we're all MMG devs, that's a remarkable figure.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 03:19:35 PM

A bunch of folks in my office have started playing on Crickhollow. Not including me, there are two alt-ing from other servers, and twelve new F2P players. Even with the caveat that we're all MMG devs, that's a remarkable figure.

Come to Brandywine.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 05:14:35 PM

Come to Brandywine.

Now.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 05:17:25 PM

Poor Saerthir, lost in limbo and seemingly unloved.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Tempted to start on a new server  
Jump to: