Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO Adds servers. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOTRO Adds servers.  (Read 4685 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: July 20, 2010, 12:59:13 PM

Oddly for a dieing game  Ohhhhh, I see., they are adding more servers for the FTP change. IIRCC, LOTRO has never closed a server.

Anyway, now is your chance to help them pick a name. I don't vote for anything I can't pronounce.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 01:34:09 PM

I voted for Crickhollow and was pleasantly surprised to find it is currently in second place.  I almost went with Tookland to promote my "I Heart Shire" propaganda, but Crickhollow is a better name.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 01:39:45 PM

I imagine their experience with DDO going free showed them they're going to need new servers when the rush of free players shows up.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 01:42:07 PM

Which is fine.  I don't particularly want a noob-rush on Brandywine.  I'm hoping more "resub" and less "I'm bored with MapleStory".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 07:35:01 PM

Yeah, as much as everyone goes "Brandywine is awesome!" I really really hate having tons of people in the starter areas.

I voted for Calembel, but the one winning right now, Riddermark is sensible.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:44:47 PM

Tempting to start on a new server.  I could make a TON of money and fast track to end game within 2-3 weeks, corner myself a couple markets.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 04:31:38 AM

It's a shame I can't transfer my guardian to Brandywine to play in Riders.  I'd gladly pay for it, but transfers are locked.  I find it odd that they let me make new characters there, but can't transfer my established ones...

More servers are a good thing; I think this is going to get popular when free.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 05:48:16 AM

It's a shame I can't transfer my guardian to Brandywine to play in Riders.  I'd gladly pay for it, but transfers are locked.  I find it odd that they let me make new characters there, but can't transfer my established ones...

Must be because of the upcoming change? Then again, Brandywine has always been the largest populated servers, so that could also be it. Maybe check after the change I guess.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:45:23 AM

I'm very tempted to pick my US-account back up. Since I no longer work 9-5, I might even be online when someone else is! Ohhhhh, I see.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 07:09:06 AM

I have a suspicion that this is in expectation of the F2P explosion that they hope will occur like with DDO.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:30 PM

I was just wondering if they would do this today!  Arkenstone is pretty empty in the newbie lands, I do hope for an influx of mature gamers, but I did see some captain named "Depravity" earlier so Shape of Things To Come?  ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 08:16:32 PM

Well, even LotRO is not immune to such things.  The most recent name I noticed was Brucewillis riding past me in Angmar.  Earlier I had seen a hobbit in Frerin's Court named Potbelliedpig.  Favorite kinship name: It Hurts To Wipe.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 08:46:12 PM

I was just wondering if they would do this today!  Arkenstone is pretty empty in the newbie lands, I do hope for an influx of mature gamers, but I did see some captain named "Depravity" earlier so Shape of Things To Come?  ACK!

Since F2P hasn't started yet, and you've already seen "Depravity", I'd say it's the Now of Already.  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 05:25:29 AM

You're worried about Depravity? Good god, that's just standard I'm a dark elf Legolas ranger fan wank. We have Rollback Smiley and Chronicus Sweetleaf.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO Adds servers.  
Jump to: