Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 197813 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #595 on: November 06, 2010, 01:20:40 PM

MICH/ILLI game was fun to watch. It was my don't-give-a-shit game and turned out to be nice, from an offensive perspective of course.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: November 06, 2010, 01:36:56 PM

wtf utes?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #597 on: November 06, 2010, 02:08:58 PM

TCU is pretty good.  They have a strong argument for being in the title game, unlike Boise.  

Edit:  Is it just me, or has Saban developed an interesting faux Southern accent? 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:25:23 PM by ghost »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #598 on: November 06, 2010, 03:31:16 PM

I am a sad panda.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #599 on: November 06, 2010, 03:33:31 PM

I expected more out of Utah.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Also, Les Miles is awesome.  Who else would run a reverse on 4th and 1 at the 50 yard line?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #600 on: November 06, 2010, 03:36:29 PM

TCU / Utah is probably going to be a pretty exciting game

Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

Reply #601 on: November 06, 2010, 04:09:45 PM

I expected more out of Utah.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Also, Les Miles is awesome.  Who else would run a reverse on 4th and 1 at the 50 yard line?

A crazy Elyria boy, that's who. Now then... I shall become a UGA fan for a weekend and then a Bama fan. no?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: November 06, 2010, 04:26:49 PM

This puts a bit of a damper on my trip to South Bend next week.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #603 on: November 06, 2010, 04:29:09 PM

This puts a bit of a damper on my trip to South Bend next week.

Why?  You guys should rebound and beat the shit out of the mighty Cathols. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: November 06, 2010, 04:35:05 PM

Just the lost opportunity of it all. Things were set up for us to make a real charge. It will still be fun to go stomp on Notre Dame but the buzz won't quite be the same.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #605 on: November 06, 2010, 04:47:51 PM

The Utah game was ugly on a level I haven't seen in a while. Lose by 40? WTF?

The Michigan was awesome in a ridiculous way I haven't seen in a while. 67-65 in the Big Ten? This was a basketball score!

The LSU game was fantastic because I loved how the Hat actually out-coached Saban for one day instead of falling into his normal retarded way of winning.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: November 06, 2010, 04:58:01 PM

Who were those people on the field and where did the real Utah football team go?  Way more lopsided than I ever would have imagined.

Still not going to be enough to push ahead of Oregon or Auburn, though.  Come on Bama, get your shit together for that last game of the season, I'm counting on you.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #607 on: November 06, 2010, 05:18:23 PM

The Utah game was ugly on a level I haven't seen in a while. Lose by 40? WTF?

The Michigan was awesome in a ridiculous way I haven't seen in a while. 67-65 in the Big Ten? This was a basketball score!

The LSU game was fantastic because I loved how the Hat actually out-coached Saban for one day instead of falling into his normal retarded way of winning.

The dude is ballsy as fuck.  I love that. 
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: November 06, 2010, 05:25:19 PM

So, I went to ESPN.com to see some scores....saw that Joe Paterno won his 400th game today.

Decided to read his bio on wikipedia as I know the dude is ancient and all. One tidbit I found that was  ACK! :

...Paterno has been on Penn State's coaching staff for 682 of their 1,204 games, 56.6% of all games played by the program dating back to its inception in 1887.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #609 on: November 06, 2010, 05:28:59 PM

Nevada is beating the shit out of Idaho.  They very likely could give Boise a tough time this year as the game is in Reno. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #610 on: November 06, 2010, 06:55:13 PM

I watched the Nevada-Cal game earlier this year and Nevada is a very solid team, despite the road loss to Hawaii (it kind of sucks to play on the road at Hawaii, though). I can't believe we didn't recruit their QB, he is very very good.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #611 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41:51 PM

Texas may be in the biggest free-fall I've ever seen from a team who was in the National Championship Game the year before.

Down 39-0 to Kansas State, and at one point Texas blocked the extra point on one of K State's TDs, only to have the kicker pick it up and run it in for 2 points instead of 1.

awesome, for real

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: November 06, 2010, 08:05:10 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #613 on: November 06, 2010, 08:40:38 PM

One of the announcers for the USC v. ASU game sounds like Roger from American Dad.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: November 06, 2010, 08:47:20 PM

Jessie Palmer sounds like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHltCzuwlOs (1 minute in)

Bama game?  There was no Bama game tonight.  Didn't happen.  Nope.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #615 on: November 06, 2010, 09:26:50 PM

WTF BAMA?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: November 06, 2010, 09:51:16 PM

Texas may be in the biggest free-fall I've ever seen from a team who was in the National Championship Game the year before.

Down 39-0 to Kansas State, and at one point Texas blocked the extra point on one of K State's TDs, only to have the kicker pick it up and run it in for 2 points instead of 1.

awesome, for real

Didn't Oklahoma get hammered, too?  That Big Texas conference sure is looking good!

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #617 on: November 06, 2010, 09:52:56 PM

Didn't Oklahoma get hammered, too?  That Big Texas conference sure is looking good!

Yep. Front Runners for the Big 12 Championship are Oklahoma State and Nebraska.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: November 06, 2010, 11:43:25 PM

As far as I'm concerned it was a global bye week.

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: November 07, 2010, 05:08:00 AM

Bama game?  There was no Bama game tonight.  Didn't happen.  Nope.

WTF BAMA?

Out coached, out played, 3 defensive breakdowns at the most inopportune times, two stud runningbacks that seem to be playing not to get hurt, a terribad qb, an OL that has failed to live up to expectations, an OC who is married to call about 4 plays out of the about 5 formations (which took defensive coordinators 2 years to figure out, but they finally did), a DC that is very distracted by discreet job HC job offers from several SEC schools, and finally - terribad special teams.

That is, if a game actually took place last night.
Terracotta Army

Reply #620 on: November 07, 2010, 05:13:54 AM

Sooo, hypothetically, what happens if LSU wins out, Auburn loses to Bama and then goes and loses the SEC championship to whoever the fuck is still breathing in the east?

More yardage, Les Miles.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: November 07, 2010, 05:24:59 AM

Auburn still goes by virtue of a tie breaker by beating LSU earlier in the year.  For LSU to go, Auburn would have to lose to Georgia and Bama.

e:  Ah nevermind.  I thought you were asking who went to the SEC CG if Bama beat Auburn. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:28:12 AM by SnakeCharmer »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #622 on: November 07, 2010, 06:39:13 AM

Sooo, hypothetically, what happens if LSU wins out, Auburn loses to Bama and then goes and loses the SEC championship to whoever the fuck is still breathing in the east?

Assuming Auburn beats UGA, they go to the SEC Championship no matter what else happens. If they lose to the SC/Florida winner, or Bama before they get to the Championship, they get knocked out of the running. For LSU to go, UGA has to come up with a miracle win against Auburn and Bama has to win.

In those scenarios, your NCG would be Oregon v. TCU

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #623 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:18 AM

Texas really needs to replace Greg Davis.  He was carried by Colt McCoy and Vince Young.  The guy is a joke as an OC. 
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:50 AM

Assuming Auburn beats UGA, they go to the SEC Championship no matter what else happens. If they lose to the SC/Florida winner, or Bama before they get to the Championship, they get knocked out of the running. For LSU to go, UGA has to come up with a miracle win against Auburn and Bama has to win.

I get my LSU tigers are out of the running unless UGA somehow gets away with sacrificing a goat and Bama goes back to being Bama. My point is, once Auburn gets into the SEC championship game, assuming a loss to Bama, if Auburn loses to whomever they are playing, the SEC would have at least a 3 loss champion. I find that hilarious and sad and would love to know where teams would drop into which bowls. Theoretically, a 4 loss South Carolina team could actually win the SEC since they may win against FL but will fuck up the Clemson game.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: November 07, 2010, 09:45:23 AM

The SEC champion defaults to the Sugar Bowl if they don't play in the NCG.  As for the rest, Wikipedia says:

Under SEC guidelines, unless the Sugar Bowl selects the SEC runner-up, the Capital One Bowl must then pick the SEC runner-up if that team has won two or more games than the next team in the selection order. The SEC runner-up has not played in the Capital One Bowl since Arkansas following the 2006 season.

After those selections, the Outback Bowl has the first choice of the remaining teams in the SEC East, and the Cotton Bowl Classic has the first choice of those left in the SEC West.

The Chick-fil-A Bowl and Gator Bowl pick afterwards.

The Liberty Bowl and Music City Bowl work together, along with the SEC office, to determine the seventh and eighth picks.

The Birmingham Bowl picks last. In the case that the SEC does not have nine bowl-eligible teams, a team from the Sun Belt will be selected instead.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #626 on: November 07, 2010, 10:36:21 AM

So what you are saying is that the system is rigged to make the SEC > everyone else?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #627 on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:02 AM

So what you are saying is that the system is rigged to make the SEC > everyone else?

That's a weak troll, even from you.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: November 07, 2010, 11:46:34 AM

Actually, the conference more equal then the others is the Big Ten (or next year, the Big 12-2).  Both (will) have eight automatic bowl berths for a ten school conference.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Pac-12 will have six berths and an expanded Big East would be in the same boat.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #629 on: November 07, 2010, 12:27:13 PM

I hear black helicopters.  Do you hear black helicopters?  Get the tin foil out quick!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: