Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 196202 times)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: September 25, 2010, 12:45:22 PM

2 plays for Arkansas- touchdown.  Where was the coverage on the second play?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:27 PM

^^ Busted coverages on the Bama D

Aaaand that is not how you start the game, Bama...
WayAbvPar

Reply #282 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:34 PM

Damnit! I was walking from my bedroom downstairs to my office and missed the whole drive!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: September 25, 2010, 02:21:39 PM

Dang, Alabama, Texas, and Penn State all looking very shaky.  What is going on?  swamp poop
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: September 25, 2010, 03:21:30 PM

I'd like to gloat about the Bruins looking to knock off two ranked opponents in a row but... Texas is just punching themselves in the dick, repeatedly.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #285 on: September 25, 2010, 03:42:34 PM

I stand corrected... Arkansas and Bama are putting on a hell of a show.

edit: WTF TX?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:24:03 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: September 25, 2010, 04:42:47 PM

Dang, Alabama, Texas, and Penn State all looking very shaky.  What is going on?  swamp poop

A weak secondary and some really terrible calls by the SEC officials is what's going on.

I need a drink...
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: September 25, 2010, 05:19:18 PM

Not only did Mallet cost Arkansas the game, he is probably out of the Heisman race.  Way to keep your composure, Alabama. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: September 25, 2010, 06:51:40 PM

WTF UGA.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #289 on: September 25, 2010, 06:55:10 PM

WTF UGA.

I'M GOING TO HAVE A FUCKING STROKE!

EDIT: For those of you at home, nobody under the age of 36 remembers losing to Mississippi State, because it hasn't happened since they were born.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:53:58 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #290 on: September 25, 2010, 08:01:38 PM

The amount of penalties called on us is fucking ridiculous.

Cal games are the worst. Gawd.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:07:07 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: September 25, 2010, 09:30:01 PM

Just finished watching the (recorded) Texas - UCLA game, and Jesus Christ was that painful.  UT went down like a $5 hooker.  I'll be off slashing my wrists if anyone needs me.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #292 on: September 26, 2010, 01:03:47 AM

After reading a recap I'm glad Ingmar didn't watch it, as it would've driven him to an early grave.

God Save the Horn Players
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: September 26, 2010, 02:35:02 AM

Coming off the Iowa game, I almost fell asleep in the Zona Zoo until the last minute... I'm just glad that SOMEONE scored a goddamn TD.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: September 26, 2010, 01:12:33 PM

That was just amazing to watch.  God, I hope the huskers shape up for Oct 7, they barely played better than UT.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #295 on: September 26, 2010, 02:48:04 PM

If we hadn't gotten our ass kicked so hard by MS State, I'd be able to laugh harder at Texas getting run out of their own building by UCLA who got bitchslapped by Kansas State and Stanford. Hell, I can still laugh at it, but just not as much.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:49:35 PM by Paelos »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #296 on: September 26, 2010, 04:37:08 PM

I was already pretty awesome, for real about the UCLA game but those two shots of despairing Texas fans make it even more awesome somehow. It's the total "what the fuck, it's fucking UCLA, WHAT THE FUCK" vibe I'm getting, it makes me laugh. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: September 27, 2010, 06:22:28 AM

It's the total "what the fuck, it's fucking UCLA, WHAT THE FUCK" vibe I'm getting, it makes me laugh. <3

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  The sense of entitlement with Texas fans makes me  swamp poop  Every tear is like a sweet drop of honey. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #298 on: September 27, 2010, 08:14:58 AM

Texas fans have their moments, sure, but overall they are pretty nice folks compared to some of the other schools.  And you won't go to a tailgate that is more fun than at UT.

Observations and ruminations after the game- 

1.  Neuheisel is a better coach than people give him credit for.
2.  Mack Brown is a worse coach than his reputation would imply, and the coordinators are quite suspect.
3.  Garrett Gilbert is terribly overrated.
4.  Texas is staring down the barrel of a four loss season right now, so they better pick it up.

I still expect them to beat Oklahoma, but Nebraska is going to kick their ass.
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: September 27, 2010, 09:28:44 AM

Texas fans have their moments, sure, but overall they are pretty nice folks compared to some of the other schools.  And you won't go to a tailgate that is more fun than at UT.

Well now that part is debatable. Not saying you are wrong, having never got a chance to hit up a TX tailgate, but having done LSU, Georgia, Florida, tOSU, Michigan and Miami - I'd say the South rules tailgating, and the SEC knows how to throw a party.

Back on topic, TX losing at least just those few AP voters up that kept throwing them first place votes. Hate when a few people do that, and it seems always with TX.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:32 AM

Ole Miss is probably the best tailgating experience anywhere.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #301 on: September 27, 2010, 10:38:29 AM

I've been to Ole Miss to tailgate.  It's great, too.  All SEC tailgating is great for the most part.  Michigan, Ohio State and Southern California were all serious disappointments.  Actually, one of the better tailgate experiences I've had was at South Carolina.  Texas tailgating is certainly different due to the semi-urban location to the stadium.  And there's something about short shorts and cowboy boots on hot chicks that makes the difference in tailgating..... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  I plan on hitting as many places as I can before I die to try out all the big venues.   

Texas, if they play like they did this weekend, is no better than a #20-25 ranked team. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #302 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11:24 AM

overall they are pretty nice folks compared to some of the other schools

*cough* A&M *cough*

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #303 on: September 27, 2010, 11:14:12 AM

I grew up in Texas for 14 years, and I've been to several college and NFL tailgates in the state. I went to UGA, so obviously I tailgate there for every home game now. It's night and day different. Compare the two biggest games that Georgia and Texas play, for example, on their neutral sites. What do you think is the better tailgating experience: Texas v. OU, or Georgia v. Florida.

Hint: One is called the world's largest outdoor cocktail party, the other has kicked off at 11AM in the past.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #304 on: September 27, 2010, 11:23:16 AM

The marquee rivalry games are always a pretty good tailgating experience. Wouldn't Georgia/Georgia Tech be a better comparison?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: September 27, 2010, 11:32:53 AM

ACK!

Dear lord no. UGA and FL have that silly cocktail party which is more a costume party. Fuck that, if there are not dead animals on the spit and kegs on ice, it ain't tailgatin'! Then again, I did have a bowl of crawfish etouffee @ many an LSU home game, on a Friday afternoon after class walking to my car which was coincidently surrounded by motor homes that were there a day before.

edit: for clarity and misquoted the wrong post.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:37:18 AM by 01101010 »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #306 on: September 27, 2010, 11:54:09 AM

If you didn't see kegs or dead animals at the Georgia Florida game, you were obviously in the wrong place, but then again if crazy ass cooking is your bag you will always side with the LSU cajuns. I personally thought tailgating in SC was awful. It's wide open, next to what looks like a fairground, and it's a shitty shitty town.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #307 on: September 27, 2010, 06:56:45 PM

I think they do the OU/UT game at 11 so that more people don't die.  Holy shit it was a clusterfuck last year.  It was tons of fun though.  On the plus side, I sold my UT/OU tix this year for 3K.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: September 27, 2010, 07:18:35 PM

The UGA / UF is a blast even if you don't have tickets.  It's a social event more than anything, much like Ole Miss (except Ole Miss is like that every home game).  As good as Bama tailgating is, and even as biased as I am, Ole Miss trumps it.

Death Valley is a blast before the game and after, but only if LSU wins.  Otherwise?  Get the hell out of dodge with a quickness and/or take off your Bama/UGA/UF/whoever jersey or hat or shirt before those crazy coonass cajuns decide to put you on the spit. 

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: September 30, 2010, 09:59:48 AM

Snake, and anyone else interested in chiming in, what's your analysis of the impending Florida vs Alabama game?  Before last weekend I was dreading this game figuring Alabama was going to annihilate Florida, but after watching the Bama vs Arkansas game and the FL vs KY game I have a bit more hope that Florida can make it an interesting game.  Trey Burton stepping it up for the Gators was huge and the offense in general finding some rhythm was encouraging.  I don't think Burton will have anywhere near the game he had against KY going up against Bama (especially now that they'll be ready for him), but hopefully the Gators have gained enough confidence now to score some points.  Trying to find some good in the bad, I think Florida's struggle to find an identity may actually help them in this game as Bama won't know what to expect from us.  I can't wait to batten down the hatches and settle in Saturday for what will be an exciting game.  If I was betting on this game and could overcome my loyalty to Florida (would never happen!) I'd probably pick Bama by a touchdown, but the Orange and Blue blood in my veins says GO GATORS!

most often known as Drevik
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: September 30, 2010, 10:51:41 AM

I gotta figure Bama to have the edge here on discipline alone. The Arkansas game proved that Bama doesn't completely fall apart when they are down. I don't think FL is there yet and I think they'll get exposed, esp at QB.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #311 on: September 30, 2010, 11:34:19 AM

This is another game I think is solidly Alabama, but the spread is wholly questionable.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #312 on: September 30, 2010, 11:55:37 AM

I'm going to go with Florida.  They looked better against Kentucky, which is more terrible competition than Arkansas, but they looked very fast.  

Also, that UW loss to BYU is looking absolutely fucking terrible right now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:45:42 PM by ghost »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #313 on: October 01, 2010, 08:31:33 PM

BYU just got dickstomped by Utah State. Wow.

Come join me and my Bulldogs in WTF land for this season UW supporters.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: October 01, 2010, 09:09:00 PM

Snake, and anyone else interested in chiming in, what's your analysis of the impending Florida vs Alabama game?

Heh.  My analysis is usually colored with doom and gloom that we're going to do terrible, but I'll give as honest a shot as I can.

Bama will put some points up; the offense is too good and too balanced not to.   UF has a good defense, but Bama's offense is better.  I really don't think UF going with a 52 Heavy defense is going to matter.  They may try it in the early goings, but I expect Bama to come out tossing the ball around to make UF play a little more honestly.  If, and this is a big IF, McElroy comes out hot and on time with his passes, UF goes back to their base defense and Bama puts up serious points.  BUT, McElroy has shown a tendency this year to be a little late and a little high with his passes and it causes his WRs to not catch the ball in space/on the move, or they get smashed.  And he gives up coverage sacks pretty regularly.  THAT said, even if they stick with the 52, Bama can still run on it - Ingram and Richardson can always get the tough yards.

The Bama D is going to be key.  Marcel Darius is nursing a sore ankle from a blatant, late chop block from the Arky game (that wasn't called).  At 80 percent, he's still as good as anyone else on the D line (which is still freaking good), but I don't expect to get the pass rush we need.  They moved Dont'a Hightower back to his Will LB spot, and put Nico Johnson at Mike.  I am going to assume that the D is still going to run by Hightower on the field as he has the most experience in Saban's system, despite being hurt last year.  He just knows it.  It's were he needs to be anyway - he's got the size to put his hand in the dirt like a DE, but also has the speed to play LB.  This is wildcard number 1.  Wildcard number 2 is the Bama secondary which continually overpursues and takes bad angles on tackles, especially no. 21, Dre Kirkpatrick on the left side corner.  He got absolutely TORCHED by Ark last week in the first half.  He (and the entire D) settled down in the 2nd half, which is a really good sign. 

UF just hasn’t impressed me this year.  I am HOPEFUL that the D turned a huge corner in ‘getting it’ against Arkansas last week.  Rumors are Bama has had a great week of practice, fully focused, and ready to go.  If Bama can keep the momentum up from the Arkansas game, I think the 7 point spread in a neutral site would be about right.

But it’s not at a neutral site.  It’s at newly renovated, expanded Bryant Denny Stadium.  BDS is going to be LOUD.  101,000plus screaming fans.  HUGE.  And I think it is worth 7 points by itself.

Bama by 14.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: