Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Active Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Active Thread  (Read 89081 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #315 on: November 04, 2010, 11:29:31 AM

I usually play on Sunday or late in the evening.  Have not had evening sessions lately, even though I would very much like more fall festival junk.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #316 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:15 AM

Doing some work and shooting super mutants myself, I'll be back soonish. Unless they keep sending me the constant 'Buy shit in our store! 20% off! 10% off! Buy points!' And yes, I have email preferences set to 'just the newsletter' Still get several emails a week about in-game store shit.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:06 AM

Sale emails seem to be about weekly for me, but if you find them annoying they're pretty easy to filter out.

They've all had an additional boilerplate that they don't share with the say, the Harvestmath or F2P launch announcements.  If you use Gmail and the Filter import/export Lab, you can download and import this filter I whipped up just now.

If you don't want to bother with that, just create a filter in your email client of choice with:

Has the Words: "Turbine Points are the currency of the LOTRO store, and you can buy them online with credit cards or PayPal in 420, 1550, 2500, and 5000 point denominations. You can also earn Turbine Points for certain achievements in-game. Turbine Points purchased in the LOTRO Store never expire, can be used to pay for anything in the LOTRO Store and cannot be used in any other Turbine games."

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #318 on: November 05, 2010, 12:05:18 PM

Still around - been too beat to play.  I know - too tired to play? CRAZY TALK!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: November 05, 2010, 12:18:33 PM

Figured you left to play UO and canceled my sub.  I'll be around until November 9th and then will have to reevaluate.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #320 on: November 05, 2010, 02:24:56 PM

Figured you left to play UO and canceled my sub.  I'll be around until November 9th and then will have to reevaluate.

Naw, I still love LoTRO.  Something about the journey always keeps me going.  I have just been busy with work, and by the time I get home so wore out all I want to do is read a few chapters in a book and go to bed early.

I am getting old.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: November 05, 2010, 09:47:35 PM

I've been Fallouting.  It's the curse of free MMOGs; the lack of 'oh shit I'd better play to get my money's worth!' makes it easier for people to be distracted by shiny objects.  But the upside of free MMOGs is the lack of 'oh shit this game is wasting my money, I must leave forever!', so I'll be back once I've burgled every building in New Vegas.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #322 on: November 06, 2010, 05:38:28 PM

The very next email they sent (pimping turbine point cards at Target) didn't have that text. I swear, they read this board to do wish-fulfillment for Yegolev, and to torment me.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:09 PM

Did everyone quit?  The last few nights the kin has been a ghost town.

Still playing. I've just been working a lot in the evenings and exhausted by the time I'm done, so been doing what Cheddar said... read a bit and then off to dream land.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #324 on: November 19, 2010, 05:54:55 AM

Still getting spammed by Turbine to buy shit. Even unsubscribing my email address didn't stop the inevitable 'Buy Shit from the store at 20% off!!!1one!!1" email.

I wonder how much Founders accounts are selling for these days.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #325 on: December 10, 2010, 07:54:30 AM

Thanks to today's sale, I now have 50 shared slots.  Not a terribly slow progression on only subscriber TP.  I have not purchased anything else, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Active Thread  
Jump to: