Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:54:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Active Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Active Thread  (Read 89985 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #280 on: October 25, 2010, 01:18:10 PM

Update: Game is starting to feel like WoW's endgame to me, at least from the perspective of a solo player.  I log on, do dailies, a skirm or two, and decide if I want to do some deed/rep grinding.  I contemplate rolling an alt, but am filled with dread at the notion of grinding the same rep/deed stuff that I hated doing the first time. 

I'm going to hold on until enough people are around to start running through instances.  I think that might be entertaining enough to hold my interest until the next content update.  Are there even enough people at or near endgame in the kin to give me hope that dungeon runs might take place?

If you grind deeds/traits on alts you are doing it wrong.  Or you are Rein.  I just rolled a new guard - we could be alt buddies!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #281 on: October 25, 2010, 05:54:07 PM

Well I am active. I have finally figured out guardian and running GB is really fun. The minnie ran ga (at 31) for the first time and i found mysellf resting for a half an hour untill my pulse rate went down. Im runing guardian, warden (great solo), captian, Rune keeper and minnie with an out of guild champion which is supring fiun to play. All in all great game but figuring out how to hold aggro in group runs has made the whole exp much more fun.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #282 on: October 25, 2010, 07:44:18 PM

Well I am active. I have finally figured out guardian and running GB is really fun. The minnie ran ga (at 31) for the first time and i found mysellf resting for a half an hour untill my pulse rate went down. Im runing guardian, warden (great solo), captian, Rune keeper and minnie with an out of guild champion which is supring fiun to play. All in all great game but figuring out how to hold aggro in group runs has made the whole exp much more fun.

Game shines with groups.  GA is one of those instances designed to test you... there are a few like it.  Champ is definitely fun - its all about whirling blades of DEATH.

Glad you are enjoying yourself!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: October 26, 2010, 03:19:51 AM

Agree.  Went into GA over the weekend and had lots of group fun.  We wore GB out, the dungeon scaling is huge!  Do whatever you can to get a group, lots of fun there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #284 on: October 26, 2010, 06:45:28 AM

The Haunted Burrow is completely awesome.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: October 26, 2010, 07:22:17 AM

They would make the skeletal horse a random drop wouldn't they. /shakes fist to the sky

Lots of cool cosmetics in this years celebration however.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #286 on: October 26, 2010, 08:13:18 AM

Hmmm so what drops the horse?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: October 26, 2010, 08:14:34 AM

Apparently its sometimes in that chest in the basement (the one with the 24 hour timer).

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #288 on: October 26, 2010, 08:15:53 AM

Apparently its sometimes in that chest in the basement (the one with the 24 hour timer).

Ah, the one with fifty people standing around it at all times. awesome, for real

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:54 AM

Ah, the one with fifty people standing around it at all times. awesome, for real

Thats the one! lol.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: October 26, 2010, 08:58:42 AM

Until we have more 65's logging on, that chest is my primary motivation to play daily. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: October 26, 2010, 09:00:32 AM

Oh! I was wondering why people were always just hanging there. Time to login and check out the chest. :)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #292 on: October 26, 2010, 09:01:23 AM

Until we have more 65's logging on, that chest is my primary motivation to play daily. 

Lack of time lately or Fatwing would be in her fifties by now.  Have patience.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: October 26, 2010, 09:42:16 AM

If you want them to come (the 60 - 65) Please schedule an event and thread. Best way to herd casual cats IMO. I'm all for this kind of thing, just needs to be set up beforehand I think.

Myself and the miss are good for most Wednesday nights, and week ends.

(As a bonus I can put it in the MOTD as well)

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: October 26, 2010, 09:49:30 AM

If you want them to come (the 60 - 65) Please schedule an event and thread. Best way to herd casual cats IMO. I'm all for this kind of thing, just needs to be set up beforehand I think.

If I knew when I could play more than 6h in advance, I would.  I expect that's the case for many here. 

If we have a few people on, great.  If not, I'll just log or do a skirm or something.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #295 on: October 26, 2010, 09:50:33 AM

Nebu, you have a pm.

Sorry, I know you'll see this here :)

Go LOTRO! Woooo!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #296 on: October 26, 2010, 09:59:22 AM

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #297 on: October 26, 2010, 12:14:26 PM

Anyone else find this weird bug:  ungrouped, if I tag a mob someone has already attacked or vice versa I no longer can use my hotbar.  All my skills on that bar (in this case all melee skills) are frozen.  I have to completely relog.  This has happened a few times since F2P launched.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: October 26, 2010, 12:28:28 PM

Anyone else find this weird bug:  ungrouped, if I tag a mob someone has already attacked or vice versa I no longer can use my hotbar.  All my skills on that bar (in this case all melee skills) are frozen.  I have to completely relog.  This has happened a few times since F2P launched.

Never had that happen.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #299 on: October 26, 2010, 01:39:06 PM

No sir.  Will give it a try when I get a chance.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #300 on: October 26, 2010, 01:56:21 PM

Skeletal horse triggers my lore rage.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: October 26, 2010, 01:58:08 PM

Skeletal horse triggers my lore rage.

You shut your mouth!

Besides, its just paint.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: October 26, 2010, 02:00:26 PM

I have to confess that I don't think I'd even use the skeleton horse if I got it.  I like the 200 hp that my gray warden horse has. 

This festival is eating up my wardrobe slots.  I had to buy 10 from the TP vendor. 

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #303 on: October 26, 2010, 02:01:57 PM

Even disregarding the crappier cosmetics, I'm looking at getting a few for permanent use.  The falling leaf cloak is hot.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: October 26, 2010, 09:17:08 PM

The falling leaf cloak is hot.

Yes. Yes, its is. I got the raven helm and cloak today for my Burglar to look 10 shades of burgling awesomeness. That leaf cloak is next along with a few other trinkets. Getting a little burned out on the haunted burrow though... well, the spiders that web you, at least.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: October 26, 2010, 10:31:08 PM

so going F2P and having more players in the game also seems to help the economy.   Amazingly enough.

Im selling all my lowbie drops and lowbie crafted gear.  Always.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: October 27, 2010, 07:03:24 AM

Cosmetic items. o.O

On my hunter, I ran the horse races over the past few days, and acquired enough of the tokens you need to buy both of the Harvestmath horses.

Then I started exploring the haunted cellar. It took me less than a day to acquire enough tokens to buy the leaf and raven cloaks. With the apple-bob and the mystery wing treasure chests on one-hour timers, it feels like big rock candy mountain time.
I only actually finished one cellar quest.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: October 27, 2010, 08:05:40 AM

If you like masks, don't forget to do the quests in the dwarf and elf starting areas as well.  Elf mask is a bunny and the dwarf bucket head mask is pretty fun.  

If you pick and choose the quests you like, check the chests behind the mystery door every hour, and bob for an apple on the hour, you'll have all the stuff from the festival in a few days.  I think I've gotten 8 haunted trees as drops from the chests.  Shame because it looks awful in my yard.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:15:15 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:13 AM

I see one of the regular LotRO contributors on Massively is joining the Community team.  Not sure how I feel about this, inasmuch as I don't have huge expectations from advertising driven portals but it still feels like... collusion? self-promotion?  Her posts were always pretty much cheerleading everything Turbine, which didn't help a year ago when we were all waiting on updates and fixes (like LM debuffs on boss mobs, etc.). 
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: October 27, 2010, 12:55:06 PM

I came across her blog a while ago, didn't know she wrote for Massively. Being a community rep doesn't seem to be what she wants to do though, judging from her output. I mean, she wrote a three part article series on how Mortal Online is a buggy piece of shit. Seriously, who does such a thing?

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #310 on: October 27, 2010, 01:43:40 PM

All game journalists want to be game designers.  Just ask Lum.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #311 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:27 PM

Hearing that it is just a painted horse has talked me off the ledge.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #312 on: October 27, 2010, 03:17:43 PM

Hearing that it is just a painted horse has talked me off the ledge.

I love your nerdrages.

Love Letters

God Save the Horn Players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: November 04, 2010, 09:39:59 AM

Did everyone quit?  The last few nights the kin has been a ghost town.

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: November 04, 2010, 10:43:05 AM

Occupied.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Active Thread  
Jump to: