Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:35:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: The 'Build Me A PC' Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 'Build Me A PC' Thread  (Read 209879 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2730 on: October 02, 2017, 01:33:08 PM

why so serious?

You're adorable.

But I think he's actually right, at least with the "driving" part  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? . No more driving license for you, 65+ old man!! (side factors: less cars, pollution, etc.).

Although, in an ideal world, public transport (or even private, see Uber) and related services should be on par and efficient in order for those 65+ fellas to access services and entertainment almost as easily and hassle-free as they would if they kept driving themselves (I'm currently 39 and I REALLY would like to stop driving aorund 60-65, knowing that I can rely on other means of transportation, not counting on friends, relatives, etc.).

But yeah, back to PC building  why so serious?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #2731 on: October 02, 2017, 01:55:15 PM

Talk to me about that again in 20 years Lucas.

I'm 59 as are all my college buddies who graduated from UW in 1982 with degrees in Computer Science.  We've generally spent our entire careers working with and building PCs. My first was a 80286 based PC clone. As far as I know we're also perfectly capable of driving. Oh, and we're also all Liberals. Perhaps this is one of those all too common circumstances where Canadians are just fucking smarter than Americans.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2732 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:33 PM

why so serious?

You're adorable.

But I think he's actually right, at least with the "driving" part  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? . No more driving license for you, 65+ old man!! (side factors: less cars, pollution, etc.).

Although, in an ideal world, public transport (or even private, see Uber) and related services should be on par and efficient in order for those 65+ fellas to access services and entertainment almost as easily and hassle-free as they would if they kept driving themselves (I'm currently 39 and I REALLY would like to stop driving aorund 60-65, knowing that I can rely on other means of transportation, not counting on friends, relatives, etc.).

My grandfather had to hit his 80s and be half-deep in dementia, endangering a shitload of people multiple times before they'd even consider taking his license.  I have to think we can set the bar just a bit higher than that.  

That said, I want the dildos that I have to fucking honk off a green light multiple times a week to have their fucking licenses revoked.  Seriously - I didn't touch my horn for a quarter century.  Now, I have to do it 3-6 times a week just because some dumb fuck is texting instead of driving.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: The 'Build Me A PC' Thread  
Jump to: