Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 3.3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 3.3  (Read 460055 times)
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1680 on: June 23, 2010, 04:39:25 PM

Prat broke, natch.
Grid generated an error, apparently with a library that wasn't doing much of anything.
The attempt to break AVR may very well have done something to ChocolateBar (my DataBroker display), but I just needed to grab a new version of the offending library and the errors stopped.

Overall, a really uneventful patch from an addon perspective.  I have had some crashes though and leaving the Underbelly does seem to make the game go all black for no reason so, stability has been not-so-good.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1681 on: June 23, 2010, 05:09:45 PM

Never, ever try to raid on Tuesday.

Explain that to my 25-year-old raidleader who seems to think that raiding Tuesdays is a stellar idea.  Can't do it Friday/ Saturday because "I have a life to live..." (except they don't and have been on WoW Friday and Saturday night I've ever been on, anyway.)  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1682 on: June 23, 2010, 05:35:30 PM

I have had some crashes though and leaving the Underbelly does seem to make the game go all black for no reason so, stability has been not-so-good.

Do you have a 64 bit OS?  This patch has introduced a nasty memory leak/crash problem.  That black flickering is one of the things that could happen when the system starts to run out of memory.

Over and out.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1683 on: June 23, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Yeah, I've had that problem before related to memory so if there's a new leak it would make sense that it's happening more quickly for me.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1684 on: June 23, 2010, 08:56:15 PM

I have had some crashes though and leaving the Underbelly does seem to make the game go all black for no reason so, stability has been not-so-good.

Do you have a 64 bit OS?  This patch has introduced a nasty memory leak/crash problem.  That black flickering is one of the things that could happen when the system starts to run out of memory.

It's affect 32 bit OSs as well. I'm running Win7 32bit and I have this problem in spades. It never crashes, but graphical issues make the game essentially unplayable out in the world.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #1685 on: June 23, 2010, 09:49:15 PM

I appear to have dodged the bullet.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1686 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:10 PM

I appear to have dodged the bullet.
Same.  Mine runs fine, no changes at all.  Half the guild can't go to Dal anymore though.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1687 on: June 23, 2010, 11:42:53 PM

Never, ever try to raid on Tuesday.

Explain that to my 25-year-old raidleader who seems to think that raiding Tuesdays is a stellar idea.  Can't do it Friday/ Saturday because "I have a life to live..." (except they don't and have been on WoW Friday and Saturday night I've ever been on, anyway.)  awesome, for real

Everything breaks on maintenance, especially when they patch.  Everyone zergs reset instances, whose servers shit themselves.  It's just a bad, bad, idea to raid on Tuesday if you take any other day off from raiding during the week.

AKA Gyoza
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1688 on: June 24, 2010, 07:54:18 PM

Hello pastor, I'm the chorus leader.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1689 on: June 26, 2010, 06:34:31 PM

This barely feels like an MMO anymore. I don't need gold or rep so I don't do dailies, and those were the only reason for a level 80 to ever leave town anymore.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1690 on: June 27, 2010, 10:11:03 AM

Just think of Dalaran as a lobby!  That makes it all better, right?
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1691 on: June 27, 2010, 10:26:56 AM

But...but...I thought it was the pinnacle of MMO evolution to never have to travel to dungeons or do anything except fight bosses!  Any other opinion means you are a sadomachosistic 1999 Everquest player who wants to punish players instead of letting them have fun!

This is the bed ya'll made every time you screeched "DEVS WANT TO PUNISH ME BECAUSE PEN AND PAPER D&D WAS HARD AND THEY CAN'T JUST LET US HAVE FUN!1!"

Lie in it. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1692 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:07 AM

I'm fine with it, but then I find ways to keep myself more involved than sitting in Dalaran.

(It's still DIKU though, so there are still plenty of faults I can find with it.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1693 on: June 27, 2010, 12:55:50 PM

But...but...I thought it was the pinnacle of MMO evolution to never have to travel to dungeons or do anything except fight bosses!  Any other opinion means you are a sadomachosistic 1999 Everquest player who wants to punish players instead of letting them have fun!

This is the bed ya'll made every time you screeched "DEVS WANT TO PUNISH ME BECAUSE PEN AND PAPER D&D WAS HARD AND THEY CAN'T JUST LET US HAVE FUN!1!"

Lie in it. 

I find said bed pretty comfortable, but I leave Dalaran all the time.

God Save the Horn Players
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1694 on: June 27, 2010, 01:30:21 PM

They need more goldsinks so I have a reason to do dailies. The motorcycle and mammoth are too expensive and not desirable enough. If you have 5k gold and have already bought epic flight and dual spec, you can basically either kill yourself farming another 10k or just decide you have enough and forget gold exists.

Also, UO was more worldy that whatever bullshit you miss, Triforcer, but you could still travel anywhere instantly by recalling. WoW is a positively nuisance-filled slog of running and flying to places by comparison.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:34:09 PM by WindupAtheist »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1695 on: June 27, 2010, 02:31:06 PM

You could always try i dunno, rp. that or being social, joining a like minded group of indivduals and running events and such? I dunno you could call it an association or a guild if you like.

Before we get on this giant lobby tangent can we at least agree that having to run to barrens just to do WSG or take a 15min flight to searing gorge to to BRD sucked ass?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
lesion

Reply #1696 on: June 27, 2010, 03:45:12 PM

I've got a hojillion alts and make poor life decisions. My problem is saving up more than 100 gold. The newer dungeon system is le awesome.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1697 on: June 27, 2010, 04:30:45 PM

I'm not liking that I can't bring the chat window all the way down to the bottom left.  Other than that, it's business as usual after I turned off all the realID stuff I could find to turn off.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1698 on: June 27, 2010, 04:33:54 PM

I've got a hojillion alts and make poor life decisions. My problem is saving up more than 100 gold. The newer dungeon system is le awesome.

Yeah, me too. The game really wants you to roll alts, you can sink a lot of gold into that.

If you're raiding and the upgrades are coming quickly, you can burn through a lot of gold repairing after wiped and buying new gems and enchants, too.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1699 on: June 27, 2010, 04:41:39 PM

You could always try i dunno, rp. that or being social, joining a like minded group of indivduals and running events and such? I dunno you could call it an association or a guild if you like.
Hahahahahahahahaha!  RP in WoW?  *dies laughing*

I love RP.  Probably more than most of the board.  I'd rather shoot myself in an extremity than try to find RP in WoW.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #1700 on: June 27, 2010, 08:41:01 PM

Yeah, me too. The game really wants you to roll alts, you can sink a lot of gold into that.

If you're raiding and the upgrades are coming quickly, you can burn through a lot of gold repairing after wiped and buying new gems and enchants, too.

I make money on alts.  Not a lot, but if I try hard enough I can usually afford a basic flying mount by 60.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1701 on: June 27, 2010, 08:55:12 PM

All my 80s have epic (and Northrend) flying. That's a fair bit of money there.  Not to mention that I gem and enchant as best I can and have a bad habit of changing my mind on my tradeskills.  I'm usually pretty drained or have large "corrections" in my bank balance semi-often. I think I still have 6-10k (no idea really, I don't remember at the time I quit) for my goblin hunter.  But, I don't put a lot of effort into making money outside of selling uncut epic gems (rogue is a transmute master) and only really try hard when I need another epic flying, which hasn't been for a bit now.

If I really wanted to spend money I could get a hilts for my characters that could use a slight upgrade over the 232 they have. Or level my druid and his leatherworking  ACK!

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1702 on: June 27, 2010, 10:00:58 PM

I love RP.  Probably more than most of the board.  I'd rather shoot myself in an extremity than try to find RP in WoW.

Moon Guard/Horde has it! It's ADORABLE.

God Save the Horn Players
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1703 on: June 27, 2010, 10:30:14 PM

QFT.

I don't even know why WoW has RP servers. The game just plain isn't built for it at all.

Also, I just joined a guild in WoW. On my RP server. All they do is run heroics, make jokes in chat about who has more dicks in their mouth/ass/nose, and talk idle shit about getting ready to raid ICC. I've been in their Ventrilo, and all I'm waiting for is for a girl to join, because I can already tell you they're going to go absolutely fucking spastic.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1704 on: June 28, 2010, 01:50:03 AM

You need to BE that girl.  And then post us the funny.

Come on;  Make it Happen.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1705 on: June 28, 2010, 02:49:00 AM

That's way too much work. I just fail to try and MMO date the girl, and thus she ends up running around with me/Gar/Lex because she doesn't feel like we expect anything of her. Then since Gar and Lex are engaged IRL, some hunchbacked lovestruck nerd decides it's clearly WUA who has stolen his e-woman. Drama ensues.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1706 on: June 28, 2010, 02:49:17 AM

Gemming and enchanting (I often make bad decisions or change my mind and have to regem) eats up all my extra gold. When I started to work on a set of offspec gear, grinding dailies to feed that contributed to my recent WoW burnout.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1707 on: June 28, 2010, 02:54:16 AM

Am I really the only one who plays a single character, researches his gems and enchants before buying them, has two gathering professions, and isn't unduly addicted to vanity pets off the AH or something? I've had enough money laying around that I've largely subsidized epic flying for good friends of mine in the past, and I really do not grind hard at all.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1708 on: June 28, 2010, 03:06:26 AM

Am I really the only one who plays a single character, researches his gems and enchants before buying them, has two gathering professions, and isn't unduly addicted to vanity pets off the AH or something? I've had enough money laying around that I've largely subsidized epic flying for good friends of mine in the past, and I really do not grind hard at all.

No, but I play 3 characters regularly (2x80s, 1x79 that's xp locked because of bracket PvP) and 3 more occasionally (another 80, a 77 that will eventually join the 79, and a 58 bracket warrior I just don't have time for right now). They all have supporting gathering professions (mostly mining--four are tanks). They all have complementary TS professions. They all can make money and have substantial bankrolls when they're active. I don't typically blow money on stupid stuff in the AH, and the regulars are tuned to a razor edge in their respective classes. I do spend a fair amount of time on the AH looking for deals in raw gems, leather, and enchants. This stuff gets stored for "later". I don't like impulse shopping.

I don't grind much anymore. I do like to keep a certain amount on gold on hand and I will go out of my way to keep it at a comfortable level (30k). Otherwise, I just run the dungeon dailys and fiddle around with the tournament dailys. I might do a bit more, but that's the everyday stuff. Takes about two hours to get done, unless it's a PvP night, then all bets are off. Raiding is strictly a weekend thing.
lesion

Reply #1709 on: June 28, 2010, 03:33:16 AM

All my 80s have epic (and Northrend) flying.

If I transfer something to your server, can I have your stuff?

steam|a grue \[T]/
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1710 on: June 28, 2010, 03:44:51 AM

Am I really the only one who plays a single character,

On this board? Yes.

Since we're talking money, If I was still running dailies I'd probably have 20-25k right now instead of just 15k.  There's always tons of greens to turn into scrolls on my enchanting alt and the DK is a miner/ blacksmith.  That gives him access to selling gems, ore and faction-required smithy patterns to make money off of on top of the dailies.

I've found the best way to keep money is to just take leveling the tradeskills slowly and don't do something dumb like buying up mats.   Keep your bags empty so you can collect things, including greys (Which I STILl see people skip looting) and have a few alts to convert things like greens, blues and cloth into finished items or mats that will sell.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1711 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:21 AM

Am I really the only one who plays a single character,

On this board? Yes.

Wrong. I play a warrior tank. That's it. He's a blacksmithing/engineer, so no gathering professions, all gemmed and enchanted with combo gear from 10/25 man ICC, and has 6,000 gold on him. Even without the gathering, I've never had a need for gold. Hell, if I need gold badly I'll just run dungeons and fish for a couple of days and I'm usually set for the next 2 months. Also, I hate pets and don't buy any of the non-functional shit off the AH.

So WUA, you're not the only one.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1712 on: June 28, 2010, 08:29:04 AM

All my 80s have epic (and Northrend) flying.

If I transfer something to your server, can I have your stuff?

Some stuff perhaps.  Not all stuff.  I like my stuff since apparently I'd need a licensed 12 step program to ever stop playing WoW permanently.

I'm not there currently.  My stuff is idle.   awesome, for real

edit: Eh, we take you for granted Paelos. We know you're the looney lone warrior.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:31:24 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1713 on: June 28, 2010, 10:48:20 AM

When I play WOW, I only play one character as well.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1714 on: June 28, 2010, 10:57:41 AM

edit: Eh, we take you for granted Paelos. We know you're the looney lone warrior.

Fair enough. I'm also a CPA though so I have in-game budgets.

Because I'm a nerd.  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 3.3  
Jump to: