Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 3.3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 3.3  (Read 459948 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: September 30, 2009, 07:42:57 PM

From:  http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/icecrown-citadel-the-frozen-halls/

Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls

Quote from: Blizzard (Source)
Icecrown Citadel will feature a massive five-player dungeon sprawling across three wings of the citadel's foundation. While the Lich King's attention is focused on the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade ripping through the front gates, players will be tested as they assist Jaina Proudmoore (Alliance) and Sylvanas Windrunner (Horde) in infiltrating the citadel through an alternate entrance.

An epic quest line will present adventurers with the task of weakening Icecrown Citadel's forces, requiring that players defeat the challenges in each dungeon wing before venturing into the next one. Normal and Heroic versions of the dungeon will be accessible to players, although each wing will be considered a separate instance; therefore, on Heroic difficulty, each wing will have its own separate lockout timer. All-new rewards -- including item level 219 (normal) and level 232 (Heroic) loot -- will be offered to those who destroy some of the Lich King's most formidable allies.

The Forge of Souls
Serving as the first wing in this expansive dungeon, the Forge of Souls will quickly put players to the test of carving through the Scourge stronghold into deeper, more treacherous locations. Jaina will command Alliance forces, and Sylvanas will direct Horde forces. The goal is to ruin the twisted engines known as soul grinders found in this portion of the citadel, and then players can advance -- that is, if the Horde and Alliance forces can overcome the foes who confront them.

Bosses

* Bronjahm, the Godfather of Souls: An instrument of reckoning, Bronjahm watches over the engines in the Forge of Souls. He must be killed if the soul grinders are to be destroyed.
    * The Devourer of Souls: As the chief operator of the engines found in this wing, the Devourer stands guard over the souls stolen by the Lich King.

Pit of Saron
Accessible only to those who have laid waste to the Forge of Souls' unholy operations, the Pit of Saron will bring Horde and Alliance forces deeper into the Lich King's domain. Players who venture here will immediately be confronted by the lord of this lair, Scourgelord Tyrannus. But defeating him will not be as easy as it seems. Before they can present a threat to Tyrannus, the adventurers, instructed by their leaders, will need to free enslaved allies who have been trapped by the Scourge. Until that happens, Tyrannus will leave all adversaries to his minions, workers of the citadel's mines. Perhaps the challenges here will lend clues as to the whereabouts of the Lich King's private chambers outside of the Frozen Throne, deep within the Halls of Reflection.

Bosses

* Forgemaster Garfrost: A master of Scourge weaponry, the forgemaster hauls stocks of saronite ore and other precious materials to the cold forges where the mechanisms of death are born. With a host of rime weapons and exotic alloys at his disposal, it could get cold in here.
    * Krick and Ick: Zombies serve as mindless muscle in the Pit of Saron's mines, stockpiling metals for Forgemaster Garfrost, and Krick -- a devious leper gnome -- supervises the operations from atop Ick, Krick's ghastly means of transportation.
    * Scourgelord Tyrannus: Tyrannus is a terrible force who will no doubt demonstrate his powers to those brave enough to enter the Pit of Saron. The scourgelord must die if players hope to make their way into the third and final wing of this dungeon.

Halls of Reflection
With Jaina and Sylvanas leading the way, adventurers who make it as far as these frigid halls will quickly recognize the weapon that lies ahead: Frostmourne, the corruptive, legendary device of the Lich King himself. The Lich King's private chambers are within reach, although they may be the death of anyone who ventures there.

Bosses

* Falric and Marwyn: Captains for Arthas Menethil in life, Scourge commanders for the Lich King in death, Falric and Marwyn will be summoned to the Halls of Reflection for one purpose: destroying all intruders.
    * The Lich King: Sylvanas, thirsty for vengeance against the corrupted prince who sentenced her to an existence as an undead monstrosity, and Jaina, eager to find a flicker of Arthas's soul locked somewhere within the Lich King, have brought their hand-picked allies to this final confrontation. Arthas's true power may only now be discovered. Is there any hope in this mission, or does only death await?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:56:54 PM

Wait, what?  Arthas is 5manned?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57:01 PM

Not a raid?  But, but but raiders are leet! DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:05:35 PM

I think it's gonna be a reverse magisters terrace. You'll fight arthas but at the end he'll show his true power, etc and then you finally stop him in the raid.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 08:17:05 PM

Maybe we'll kill Arthas, but the LichKing is still around.

Or something.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:23:55 PM

I think it's gonna be a reverse magisters terrace. You'll fight arthas but at the end he'll show his true power, etc and then you finally stop him in the raid.

Probably this.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:44:29 PM

Even so, the forums have been full of sweet sweet "Casuals get to fight Arthas?!" poopsock tears.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:12:09 PM

Jaina reignites what remains of Arthas' paladin's soul and, in that touching moment of weakness, Sylvannas kills him... finally bringing Ms. Proudmoore back into the Horde-hater fold. Frostmourn is lost for centuries for some reason, then gets found by a goblin who becomes morbidly obsessed and goes to hide alone with it in some damp cave.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 09:16:47 PM

Or maybe you get to feel heroic and actually put an end to the madness once and for all with just a handful of people?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 09:23:22 PM

Even so, the forums have been full of sweet sweet "Casuals get to fight Arthas?!" poopsock tears.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Those are always my favorite.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 10:16:29 PM

Or maybe you get to feel heroic and actually put an end to the madness once and for all with just a handful of people?

With the power of positive thinking and kittens!!!  why so serious?

In all seriousness, I do think anything over 10 man groups are stupid in terms of real tactic, oddly enough that number is roughly near the number the classes in the game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:01 PM

Someone in my guild had an interesting thought. In the five man you stop 'arthas' but in the 10 and 25 you defeat the lich king/ner'zul.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 10:45:40 PM

I'm not saying this to dampen anyone's outlook, but there's no way Arthas isn't at the end of the 25 man dungeon.  There's just been too much buildup.  He's on the damn box.  And he's been looming up there on his dickhead ice throne since WC3.  He's just gotta be as epic as possible.

That' said, I probably won't be 25 manning him either, as I'm just too tired of tending to 25 egos.  It's cool you'll be able to fight him in the 5 man.

AKA Gyoza
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 10:48:21 PM

Someone in my guild had an interesting thought. In the five man you stop 'arthas' but in the 10 and 25 you defeat the lich king/ner'zul.
This is pretty much what my group felt as well.  The 5-mans will lead into a raid where whatever happens, happens on the grand scale.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:50 AM

That' said, I probably won't be 25 manning him either, as I'm just too tired of tending to 25 egos.  It's cool you'll be able to fight him in the 5 man.

It's been my experience that guilds hold together best when your egotistical twats aren't allowed to snipe others with impunity, which implies equality under the law or dog-eat-dog.  The best one I've known had leadership that sat back and watched as a regular member and a new app had man-on-mangina cybersex in /g for the lulz of the inevitable "Whips out her cock" moment, the subsequent verbal abuse along with the "Hey, you enjoyed it too" moments, and the ultimate /gquit fifteen minutes later of someone dumb enough not to realize that the Very Hairy Man Guild would get up to some freaky shit when bored.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 02:13:25 AM

The screens look great.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 02:44:13 AM

Don't make me explain why this is awesome.

"Bronjahm, the Godfather of Souls"

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 06:21:35 AM

Jaina reignites what remains of Arthas' paladin's soul and, in that touching moment of weakness, Sylvannas kills him... finally bringing Ms. Proudmoore back into the Horde-hater fold. Frostmourn is lost for centuries for some reason, then gets found by a goblin who becomes morbidly obsessed and goes to hide alone with it in some damp cave.
Minor detail: There's nothing left to redeem.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 06:40:01 AM

I really hope not.  All signs indicate that the Lich King is a separate being that has the personalities and powers of Arthas (as a death knight) and Ner'zhul (as a warlock).  I think there's no way to separate the two.  As for him being 5 manned, no problems there.  I'd like to experience this as I love Warcraft 3.

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 06:48:14 AM

I pointed this out in the 'Dungeon Blather' thread, but I'm unsure if anyone got it.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 10:04:29 AM

I pointed this out in the 'Dungeon Blather' thread, but I'm unsure if anyone got it.

If he doesn't drop a brand new bag I will be disappointed.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 11:09:04 AM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 11:15:54 AM

I am going to have to make you explain the awesomeness.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 11:18:53 AM

Heathen.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 11:19:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMjOn7YjtWI
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 11:29:49 AM

That' said, I probably won't be 25 manning him either, as I'm just too tired of tending to 25 egos.  It's cool you'll be able to fight him in the 5 man.

It's been my experience that guilds hold together best when your egotistical twats aren't allowed to snipe others with impunity, which implies equality under the law or dog-eat-dog.  The best one I've known had leadership that sat back and watched as a regular member and a new app had man-on-mangina cybersex in /g for the lulz of the inevitable "Whips out her cock" moment, the subsequent verbal abuse along with the "Hey, you enjoyed it too" moments, and the ultimate /gquit fifteen minutes later of someone dumb enough not to realize that the Very Hairy Man Guild would get up to some freaky shit when bored.

Oh, I'm fully aware of the management options.  Nobody enjoys lulz more than me.  After a while though, the shock value wears off.  Be very wary of 'girls' with 'no mic.'

AKA Gyoza
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 11:45:02 AM

Oh, I'm fully aware of the management options.  Nobody enjoys lulz more than me.  After a while though, the shock value wears off.  Be very wary of 'girls' with 'no mic.'

*eyes sjofn and her "my voice chat isn't working again"*

awesome, for real
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 12:23:43 PM

You're just jealous her voice is deeper than yours.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 12:40:45 PM

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 12:48:03 PM

Minor detail: There's nothing left to redeem.
I disagree, especially considering that Matthias Lehner (aka, Mr. Anagram) leads you along by the nose showing Arthas' descent into depravity.  It's pretty good speculation that Matt actually IS the fully disembodied remains of what was "good" in Arthas' soul, and that while you did end up destroying his Heart in an effort to weaken Arthas at the end of the quest chain, no one really knows what happened to Matt.  It is possible Matt is actually still out there, waiting for a chance to fight back more directly, so to speak.

Of course, there is also an opposite speculation that the Matthias Lehner vision is actually an illusion created by Yogg Saron, who leads you around purposely to get you to destroy the heart and weaken Arthas for his own ends.

Personally, just considering that we basically deal with Yogg before Arthas in the raid / lore / story line progression, i'm leaning more towards the first option being the more likely scenario of the two.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 12:55:12 PM

You have to consider for a moment that Matthias and the heart can't BOTH be the last bit of good in arthas, that would be stupid.  Well if Matthias was all the good left in him and all the good left in him lay in the heart then Matthias is no more. That's what I took away from it at least, Matthias was that last bit of good inside him and at the end, you kill even that. Well, tiron does...

and while I'm at it when you see the lich king in the trial of the grand crusader and tiron says "Lay down frostmourne and I shall grant you a just and swift death"  don't you just want to pinch tirion's cheek for being such an adorable lawful stupid paladin?

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 01:21:15 PM

Well, maybe Matthias has you assist in destroying the heart for some other reason.  It is possible that Arthas removed his own heart because he THOUGHT it would assist in severing his ties to his humanity / weakness, but in actuality did not (or maybe exposed a vulnerability instead).

My personal theory is that currently Matthias IS all that remains of the good that was in Arthas' soul, and is somehow managing to exist as a completely independant entity, for all intents and purposes as spirit that can't yet move on to the afterlife because it is not "complete" or something similar. 

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 01:31:40 PM

awesome, for real

Eh? I always have my voice chat working.

I have to conclude that proudft is right, you're jealous of my husky man voice.

EDIT: On the topic of Arthas, I think Mr. Anagram is the good left over, and the naaru are going to show up and help him off to the afterlife when all is said and done. There's a big ol' quest chain that seemed to forshadow that (to me).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:34:17 PM by Sjofn »

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 01:32:40 PM

awesome, for real

Eh? I always have my voice chat working.

I have to conclude that proudft is right, you're jealous of my husky man voice.

Was that ing? I remember one of you was never on voice because of random "sound card issues" :P

But hey, I SOUND like a girl, so I could totally pull this scam in guild.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 01:35:09 PM

I think you're high. That is the only explanation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 3.3  
Jump to: