Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Community 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Community  (Read 84803 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #105 on: November 15, 2011, 03:21:28 PM

Just move it opposite the atrocity that is that cartoon show after Simpsons.  Course then you're competing with The Amazing Race, but hey, better that than BBT.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: November 15, 2011, 03:25:25 PM

I don't know what's worse that Allen Gregory cartoon or Cleveland Show.  I can live without either of those, just don't take away my American Dad.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #107 on: November 15, 2011, 05:37:50 PM

Cleveland has its moments despite being on the down side of funny most of the time.   Gregory, though...   First time I've actually changed the channel after Simpsons in years rather than suffer through whatever was served up in the after slot.  Even Bob's Burgers couldn't get me to do that.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #108 on: November 15, 2011, 06:24:44 PM

Really loved Bobs Burgers, funniest Fox cartoon since Family Guy lost its mojo.

"Me am play gods"
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: November 15, 2011, 06:50:31 PM

Bob's Burgers took me a couple of episodes but I really got into it.  I'm not sure if it's cancelled or a mid season show.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #110 on: November 16, 2011, 04:46:32 AM

Bobs had me after a few episodes but then it devolved into being Home Movies II as more of those characters started showing up.  I lost interest at that point and then the whole animal anus episode thing happened. 

I'm pretty sure it was only a midseason thing.

Err.. yeah, this might also be illustrative of Community's problem.  Discussion of other shows just sort of happens.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 16, 2011, 09:19:14 AM

I can't fault NBC on this.  They've really tried to push the show, and they've kept it around longer than most anyone else would with the mediocre ratings. 

True. And as has also been pointed out, this show wouldn't have gotten a 3rd season (or maybe even a 2nd) on the other networks. It's only lasted this long on NBC because all of their shows have terrible ratings.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 18, 2011, 04:12:17 PM

Donald Glover (Troy) has a stand-up special on Comedy Central this Saturday.  I'm really interested in seeing what his stand-up is like...  you've got to be impressed with a guy that young with his resume (Community, Derrick Comedy, writer for 30 Rock).
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 18, 2011, 06:59:51 PM

It'll actually be his second comedy central special. I watched the first and he's even better in his stand-up than he is on tv.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #114 on: November 19, 2011, 12:24:35 AM

Heh. They were making some great jokes about the haitus on The Soup with Allison Brie.  Is it wrong for me to mention I really, really, really, really want to have sex with Allison Brie?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #115 on: November 19, 2011, 03:33:33 AM

Heh. They were making some great jokes about the haitus on The Soup with Allison Brie.  Is it wrong for me to mention I really, really, really, really want to have sex with Allison Brie?

Probably wrong if you did not.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:45 AM

Ugh. I caught up with my last unwatched episode over the weekend, Advanced Gay.

And it made me sad.

Sad, because this show is going to be cancelled.

And there won't be any more episodes like Advanced Gay.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: December 02, 2011, 02:47:17 PM

This is why I love Community:

http://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/13189969649/easter-egg-of-the-day-want-to-know-why-community

In the last clip, look at the person through the window behind Annie. 

Also, the "Gwenifer" that Britta mentions in the second clip that Jeff had a date with?  Gwenifer is the name of an account that was trolling Dan Harmon on Facebook.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #118 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:41 AM

Teach Me How To Understand Christmas

Teach me how to understand Christmas
Show me how to open a box
It hurts my little head
When I'm lying in my bed
With visions of sugarplum socks?

Teach me how to understand Christmas
Do I trim the tree or the deer?
I can't keep it straight
And now it's getting late
Where does the stocking go? Here?

What's a Christmas Eve? Is that Santa's lady?
Are snowmen cold or hot?
Won't you be my daddy
I'm a silly Christmas baby
Tell me what to deck 'cuz ... hehe ... I forgot

Bwian huwty undewstandy Cwistmas
Mistletoe for eatie taste good?
You smawty, me dumb
Help pwetty have fun!
Boopy doopy doop boop sex

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: December 09, 2011, 11:40:31 AM

Seriously, it's like they're trying to find the meta singularity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebuYMnY289Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cdzc3YdFI

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #120 on: January 06, 2012, 02:02:19 PM

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: January 06, 2012, 02:57:55 PM

Best news I've heard today!

Troy and Abed clinging oooooonnnnn!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #122 on: January 17, 2012, 07:56:21 AM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: February 21, 2012, 02:33:35 PM

Community to return March 15, 2012

They're going back into the 8pm timeslot. I guess Parks and Rec is getting a 5-week hiatus to make room until NBC can shuffle something else out of the Thursday night lineup.

Gather your Greendales while ye may.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #124 on: February 22, 2012, 04:47:46 AM

8:00? Putting this up against Big Bang Theory just seems like a way of killing it off quicker. BBT and AI Own Thursdays at 8pm with Wipeout cleaning-up.  It would have a better shot at 8:30 or 9:30 against that awful Rob show or as an alternative to Person of Interest.  This just says they feel stronger about "Up All Night" to me.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #125 on: February 22, 2012, 05:55:52 AM

Woot!

It's pretty obvious NBC has little care about whether or not the show succeeds, but at least I'll get to watch a few more.

WayAbvPar

Reply #126 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:53 AM

8:00? Putting this up against Big Bang Theory just seems like a way of killing it off quicker. BBT and AI Own Thursdays at 8pm with Wipeout cleaning-up.  It would have a better shot at 8:30 or 9:30 against that awful Rob show or as an alternative to Person of Interest.  This just says they feel stronger about "Up All Night" to me.

Actually it won't be against BBT the first week...it will be against the first night of the NCAA tournament. awesome, for real It is pretty clearly just being thrown out as a sacrificial lamb so NBC doesn't have to go dark for that time period. Fuck NBC soooo much.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #127 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:26 PM

Have I mentioned recently that I want to have sex with Allison Brie?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

No not recently.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:38 PM

I believe that having the desire is implicit.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 26, 2012, 06:28:49 PM

Weird doublepost somehow
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: February 26, 2012, 06:29:42 PM

Lets demonstrate this in flow chart form

Do you want to have sex with Alison Brie ---- No--->  You're dead
                                                                               |
                                                                               |
                                                                             Yes
                                                                               |
                                                                              V
                                                                  Congratulations, you're still alive
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #132 on: March 18, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

Do you want to have sex with Alison Brie ---- No--->  You're dead
                                                                               |
                                                                               |
                                                                             Yes
                                                                               |
                                                                              V

+1 and Brita with the seethrough fishnet top was solid as well.  Heart
Ubvman
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: March 20, 2014, 08:10:08 PM

Do you want to have sex with Alison Brie ---- No--->  You're dead
                                                                               |
                                                                               |
                                                                             Yes
                                                                               |
                                                                              V

+1 and Brita with the seethrough fishnet top was solid as well.  Heart

I'll save you guys some time in the Imaginarium....

Yes, I know it's been posted before. Anyhoo....They are such great sports!  why so serious?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  awesome, for real

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201108/alison-brie-gillian-jacobs-community-gq-lesbian-photo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:58:05 PM by Ubvman »
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: March 22, 2014, 04:55:10 PM

Article on NBC cancellations:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/24/nbc-grimm-is-certain-to-be-renewed-the-cancellation-bear-will-dine-elsewhere/117409/

Looks good for Community, especially since the ratings for last week were very, very good for them.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: March 22, 2014, 05:19:34 PM

For some reason I'd never watched this until last week. At which point I sat down and watched it all front to back.

What the hell, NBC. This is like the best thing you've ever aired.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #136 on: March 22, 2014, 05:22:58 PM

Article on NBC cancellations:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/24/nbc-grimm-is-certain-to-be-renewed-the-cancellation-bear-will-dine-elsewhere/117409/

Looks good for Community, especially since the ratings for last week were very, very good for them.

The Thursday night comedy audience had shit else to watch, as Big Bang Theory was off due to the NCAA Tourney.  Expect them to get excellent ratings this week too, then fall off after the Tournament ends.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: March 22, 2014, 05:39:17 PM

as Big Bang Theory was off due to the NCAA Tourney.
Shaking fist

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #138 on: March 23, 2014, 06:02:14 AM

The Thursday night comedy audience had shit else to watch, as Big Bang Theory was off due to the NCAA Tourney.  Expect them to get excellent ratings this week too, then fall off after the Tournament ends.

Still, take advantage when you can. Last weeks episode was ok, but this weeks just knocked everything out of the park. Completely absurd, in a great way.

"We love you Seacrest Hulk!"

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #139 on: March 23, 2014, 07:38:03 AM

Still, take advantage when you can. Last weeks episode was ok, but this weeks just knocked everything out of the park. Completely absurd, in a great way.

"We love you Seacrest Hulk!"

I love the multi episode arc they have set up with Chang and Evil Abed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Community  
Jump to: